M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance is a two-year post-graduate program for pharmacy students. Pharmaceutical is considered a part of the healthcare industry that deals with analysis, review, manufacturing, trial, and quality assurance of drugs/ medicines.
The Candidate must have pursued a bachelor's degree in Pharmacy (B. Pharm) or equivalent from a recognized Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) and UGC MHRD with a minimum of 50% marks.
Admission to M. Pharm in Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance is based on various institutes' merit and entrance exam. GPAT and NIPER JEE are top national-level entrance exams accepted by most pharmacy colleges.
Know more: MPharm Admissions 2021
Some of the top colleges offering this course are NIPER, Manipal Institute, Institute of Chemical Technology and BITS. This Course's tuition fees range from INR 60,000 TO INR 9,00,000 for two years.
This course covers topics such as Research Methodology and Biostatistics, Regulatory Affairs and IPR, Pharmaceutical Process Validation and Pharmaceuticals Stability Studies.
M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance Course is popular among candidates who want to excel in pharmacy and health care services. Some of the job profiles include Clinical Research Scientist, Analyst, Quality Assurance Manager Biostatistician, Quality Assurance Tester, Quality Control Executive, Clinical Pharmacists, Lecturer, etc. The average salary ranges between INR 3,000,00 to INR 15,00,000 depending on the skills and expertise.
Know More: Pharmacy Courses in India
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate Degree|
|Full-Form||Masters of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance|
|Examination Type||Semester and Annual Exam Based.|
|Eligibility||Bachelor in Pharmacy (B.Pharm) or equivalent with minimum 50% aggregate marks.|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance-Based|
|Course Fees||INR 60,000 to INR 8,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3,50,000 to INR 10,00,000|
|Job Positions||Medicine Safety Manager, Medical Representative, Clinical Pharmacists, Quality Assurance Analyst, Manager Biostatistician, Pharmaceutical Technologist, Business Analyst, Lecturer, and Packaging Development Officer|
|Top Recruiting Areas/Fields||Research & Development. Analytical R&D and Formulation Development, Manufacturing, Quality Control & Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Sales & Marketing, Academic, Hospital, Clinical, and Community Pharmacy.|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Admission Process
Graduate candidates need to apply and go through the selection criteria of the colleges of their choice. The typical admission process is based on both the entrance exam and students' merit.
- The popular national and state level entrance exams are GPAT, NIPER JEE, AP PGCET, OJEE, WBUT PGET, etc.
- Candidates need to apply and appear in common entrance exams conducted by various pharmacy colleges.
- Applications can be made via respective official websites.
- The Entrance exams check the Candidate's proficiency level in terms of knowledge courses covered in qualifying exams along with general reasoning and English comprehension.
- Finally, based on the entrance exam score, candidates are invited to appear for further counseling and personal interviews.
- Candidates are offered admission based on the overall performance in entrance exams, personal interviews, and group discussions.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Eligibility Criteria
The Candidate applying for M. Pharm in Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance must fulfill minimum eligibility criteria.
- The candidates must have pursued a Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy (B. Pharm) or equivalent from a recognized Institute.
- The candidates must have a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in qualifying exams.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Entrance Exams
Admissions to M. Pharm in Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance are primarily based on entrance exams. Multiple national and college-level entrance exams are held every year. Below are a few important entrance exams for Master of Pharmacy Courses:
- Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) – The national level entrance test is conducted annually by NTA (National Testing Agency). In 2021 exams are being conducted in online mode. The duration of the exam is 3 hours and contains 125 questions. The syllabus of GPAT is based on the undergraduate curriculum of Pharmacy.
- AP PGECET - The state-level entrance exam is conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. Eligibility for M. Pharm is a minimum score of 55% or more in the qualifying examination. The exam's duration is 2 hours, and there is no negative marking.
- NIPER JEE – This national-level entrance exam is conducted by the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER). Successful candidates get admission to NIPER institutes across the country. The exam duration is 2 hours.
Key Exam Dates:
|Exam||Last Date of application||Examination date||Mode of examination|
|GPAT||January 30, 2021||February 22 and 27, 2021||Online, Computer Based|
|AP PGECET||To be announced||To be announced||Online|
|NIPER JEE||To be announced||To be announced||Offline|
Read More: M. Pharm. Entrance Exams in India
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: How to get admission in a top M.Phil Sanskrit college?
Below are steps involving admission to a good M. Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance college.
- The Candidate should understand specific eligibility requirements set aside by various exam governing bodies and follow the guidelines. Few exams accept qualifying marks of 50%, while others require 55% and 60%.
- The candidates should review the placement policy of their respective colleges before applying for the Course.
- The Candidate should have appropriate knowledge of topics covered during qualifying exams Since the syllabus for most entrance exams are based on the undergraduate curriculum of Pharmacy as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
- Candidates should make sure to go through prior year exam questions and also give mock tests provided by national level entrance exams like GPAT and NIPER JEE.
- The Candidates should prepare well for a personal interview and group discussion rounds as it affects the overall merit.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Important books to cover
Below are some book recommendations for the M.Pharm. (Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance) Course.
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Becket and Stanlake|
|Pharmaceutical Analysis||Higuchi, Bechmman and Hassan|
|Instrumental Methods of Chemical Analysis||B.K. Sharma|
|Introduction to the chemical analysis of foods||Nielsen S. (Jones & Bartlett Publishers)|
|Introduction to instrumental analysis||Robert. D. Braun|
|Research Methodology concepts and cases||Deepak Chawla & Neena Sondhi|
|Protection of Industrial Property rights||P. Das and Gokul Das|
|Current good manufacturing practices for pharmaceuticals||Manohar A. Potdar|
|Validation Standard Operating Procedures: A Step by Step Guide for Achieving Compliance in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Biotech Industries||Syed Imtiaz Haider|
|Pharmaceutical Equipment Validation: The Ultimate Qualification Handbook||Phillip A. Cloud (Interpharm Press)|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: What is it about?
The M. Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality is a two-year post-graduate program for pharmacy graduates. The program creates great opportunities for candidates working in or looking to make a career in the pharmaceutical industry.
The program focuses on the study of pharmaceutical quality assurance techniques and concepts; it covers topics such as Research Methodology and Biostatistics, Regulatory Affairs and IPR, Pharmaceutical Process Validation, Pharmaceuticals Stability Studies, Quality Assurance Approach, and Future Improvements.
The post-graduate program enhances knowledge through modern teaching techniques. Students get clinical, theoretical as well as practical exposure. The 2nd year of the program is solely focused on practical, lab work, dissertation, and seminars.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Why this particular course?
Here are some reasons as to why you should pursue this course.
- The Master's Program teaches students the expertise in both pharmaceutical analysis techniques and quality assurance in Pharmacy. The Course prepares experts who are familiar with the quality assurance framework and can ensure safe manufacturing and clinical trials.
- Candidates' can find jobs in governments owned state hospitals, central hospitals, Drug Manufacturing Companies, and service industries.
- Candidates can do research work with prestigious government organizations such as ICMR or major private pharmaceutical companies like Cipla, Dr. Ready's Lab, Abbot India, etc.
- Candidates can also work in private nursing homes, private hospitals, and clinics.
- Candidates can make a career in research and development or academics after completing the Master's program.
- There are many alternative fields for successful M. Pharm candidates; they can make a career in Medical Writing, Software Industry, Medical Transcription, etc.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Who should study this course?
- Candidates who are looking to enhance their knowledge by further higher research studies are a good match for this Course.
- Candidates should have self-confidence, excellent technical skills, organizational skills, good communication, a problem-solving approach, and a team player.
- Candidates should have excellent presentation skills as the pharma quality assurance roles require not just analysis or preparing reports; however, they would need to present it to multiple stakeholders.
- Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills so that they are able to manage a diverse team of skilled professionals.
- Candidates should be self-motivated as the course and the related jobs need long hours of study and patience.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Specializations
Candidates can choose from the below specializations depending on their area of interest.
- Industrial Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Technology
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs
- Pharmacy Practice
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Top Colleges with Fees
Here's a list of top Pharmacy colleges/institutes based on the most recent NIRF Rankings.
|Institutes Name||Average Annual Fees|
|Jamia Hamdard||INR 2,10,000|
|Panjab University||INR 29,400|
|National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research||INR 90,500|
|Institute of Chemical Technology||INR 70,750|
|Birla Institute of Technology & Science||INR 4,23,000|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences||INR 4,17,000|
|National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER-A)||INR 1,13,000|
|JSS College of Pharmacy||INR 2,53,000|
|Annamalai University||INR 1,25,000|
Read More – Pharmaceutical Technology Colleges in India
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: College Comparison
Below given is a comparison between top colleges offering M.Pharm. courses in India.
|Parameter||Jamia Hamdard University||National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research|
|College Overview||JHU is a top-ranked institute of higher education deemed to be a university. It is a government-funded university. Hamdard College of Pharmacy was established in 1972||NIPER-Mohali has been declared Institute of National Importance by the Government of India; it is an autonomous college; established in the year 1998|
|Eligibility||B. Pharm or B. Pharm (Unani) with 55% marks in aggregate||B.Pharm. with 60%|
|Admission Process||GPAT score followed by an Interview. 85% and 15% weightage will be given to GPAT score and Interview, respectively||Merit and Entrance Test (NIPER JEE) Score|
|Average Course Fee||INR 4,05,000||INR 1,54,000|
|Average Package Offered||INR 3,60,000||INR 4,50,000|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Syllabus
M.Pharm (Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance) is a 2-year program. Students are assessed via semester and annual term-end examinations. Below is a semester-wise syllabus for the M. Pharm program.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Advanced Pharmaceutical Analysis||Advanced Instrumental Analysis|
|Modern Pharmaceutical Analytical Techniques||Quality Control and Quality Assurance|
|Food Analysis||Modern Bioanalytical Techniques|
|Core Elective I||Core Elective II|
|Open Elective I||Open Elective II|
|Modern Pharmaceutical Analytical Techniques Lab||Advanced Instrumental Analysis Lab|
|Advanced Pharmaceutical Analysis Lab||Quality Control and Quality Assurance Lab|
|Seminar 1||Seminar 2|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Comprehensive Viva-Voce||Project work Review III|
|Project work Review II||Project Evaluation (Viva-Voce)|
List of Elective Subjects
|Core Elective I||Core Elective II|
|Pharmaceutical Validation||Biostatistics And Research Methodology|
|Intellectual Property Rights||Spectral Analysis|
|Open Elective I||Open Elective II|
|Drug Regulatory Affairs||Screening Methods in Pharmacology|
|Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics||Stability of Drugs and Dosage Forms|
|Pharmaceutical Management||Entrepreneurship management|
|Herbal Cosmetics Technology||Nano Based Drug Delivery Systems|
|Pharmaceutical Formulation Technology||Herbal & Cosmetics Analysis|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Course Comparison
Below are key differences between M. Pharm and MBA programs, which applicants should keep in mind.
|Course||M.Pharm. (Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance)||MBA in Pharmaceutical Management|
|Full Name||Masters of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance||Master of Business Administration in Pharmaceutical Management|
|Course Type||Post Graduate Course||Post Graduate Course|
|Eligibility||Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent with 50% minimum aggregate marks||Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|Duration||2 years||2 years|
|Course Fees||INR 60,000 to INR 9,00,000||INR 4,00,000 to INR 10,00,000|
|Course Overview||The Course covers the latest industry quality trends and standards like ISO and Six Sigma; it also familiarizes students with the importance of quality assurance in the manufacture of food, service, and pharmaceuticals.||It is usually an integrated PG course (B.Pharm + MBA) and focuses on the management and business practices in the pharmaceutical industry.|
|Jobs Profiles||Medicine Safety Manager, Medical Representative, Clinical Pharmacists, Quality Assurance Analyst, Manager Biostatistician, Pharmaceutical Technologist,||Drug Distribution Manager, Business Development Manager, Brand Manager, Sales Manager, Business Analyst.|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3,50,000 to INR 10,00,000||INR 5,00,000 to 12,00,000|
Read More – MBA in Pharmacy Course Details
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Job Profiles
After completing M. Pharm in Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance, candidates can go for further specialization and contribute to R&D. The Candidates can also work as professors, teachers, researchers in medical and Pharmacy institutes.
Top Recruiting Pharma Companies
- Sun Pharmaceutical
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Sun Pharma
- Divi's Laboratories
- Mankind Pharma.
- Cipla Limited
- Abbott India
Job Profiles with description
|Job Profile||Description||Average Salary Per Annum|
|Clinical Pharmacists||Evaluates medication therapy and makes appropriate recommendations to patients and health practitioners.||INR 4,00,000|
|Medical Representative||Promotes and sells pharmaceutical drugs or medical equipment to customers, including pharmacists, doctors, and hospitals.||INR 4,50,000|
|Medicine Safety Manager||They Develop, manage, and mentor a team of clinical safety professionals and help them in identifying drug-related issues.||INR 14,00,000|
|Quality Assurance Analyst||They conduct qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses and experiments in laboratories for quality control. Also responsible for overall quality analysis during the development of new products or processes.||INR 7,50,000|
|Manager Biostatistician||Manages the team on studies' statistical design and determines the team's needs and appropriate methods. They also help with grant applications, data analyses, interpret results, and also prepare reports related to the methods and results of their analyses.||INR 6,00,000|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Salary trends
The below graph shows average salary trends for common job profiles after completing the Master's Degree Program.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: Future Scope
The recent pandemic has highlighted the importance of the Pharmaceutical industry. The candidates who have completed M. Pharm in Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance can work in both government and private sectors.
There are plenty of opportunities in Educational Establishments, Government Departments, Hospitals & Clinics, Manufacturing Companies, Pharmaceutical Companies, Drug Processing Companies, Service Industries, Medical Writing, etc.
The Course also provides an option to work in research and development. The Candidate can work as clinical research coordinators, research associate, or scientist to oversee drug manufacturing and clinical trials to cure new found or existing diseases.
The pharma industry offers excellent remuneration for the right Candidate. Depending on the knowledge and specialization, the Candidate can expect a starting salary between INR 3,00,000 to INR 15,00,000. Candidates can work as entrepreneurs in drug manufacturing and sales and earn much higher.
Read more: PhD in Pharmaceutical sciences
M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance: FAQs
Ques. What is the salary after M Pharm?
Ans. Top companies and hospitals like Apollo, Cipla, Novartis, Ranbaxy, etc., offer a starting average package between INR 3,00,000 to INR 6,00,00 to candidates with Master of Pharmacy degree.
Que. Which Course is best in M Pharm?
Ans. There are multiple specializations that you can pursue in the M. Pharm Course. Below are a few specializations which candidates may pursue depending on their area of interest within the pharmacy industry.
- Clinical Pharmacy.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Quality Assurance.
- Medicinal Chemistry.
- Drug Regulatory Affairs.
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.
Ques. Which is better, M Pharm or MBA?
Ans. MPharm and MBA are both good courses from a career options perspective. MPharm prepares you for a career in research and development in the pharma industry, while an MBA program prepares the candidates for a sales and marketing, human resource, finance, or systems role in pharma and even non pharma companies. Candidates should make a decision based on their aptitude.
Ques. Do I have to give the Entrance Exam for the Master of Pharmacy?
Ans. Few colleges offer direct admission in M. Pharm. Course. However, most reputed colleges accept national and state-level entrance exams like GPAT, NIPER, etc.
Ques. What are the common entrance exams for Pharmacy?
Ans. GPAT, NIPER, APPGECET Pharmacy, TS PGECET, WBUT PGET are a few national and state-level entrance exams for M Pharm courses in India.
Ques. Can any graduate do M.Pharm?
Ans. No, Minimum Eligibility for M. Pharm Is a Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.) with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
Ques. What are the job prospects after M Pharm?
Ans. Below are few Career Paths available after Masters in Pharmacy (Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance)
- Research & Development.
- Analytical R&D and Formulation Development.
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance,
- Regulatory Affairs.
- Sales & Marketing.
- Hospital, Clinical, and Community Pharmacy.