|Course Type||Post Graduate|
M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry is a 2-year postgraduate course in pharmacy, spread over 4 semesters. The eligibility for this course is bachelors degree in pharmacy with minimum aggregate marks as required by the institute.
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry are disciplines at the intersection of chemistry, especially Synthetic Organic Chemistry and Pharmacology, among various other biological specialties involved with design, substance combination and advancement aimed for the market of pharmaceutical drugs.
This average annual salary offered to a qualified Pharmacists in the country ranges between INR 3,50,000 - 850,000.
Top Colleges for Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm] (Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
- Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm] (Pharmaceutical Chemistry) in Maharashtra
- Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm] (Pharmaceutical Chemistry) in Karnataka
- Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm] (Pharmaceutical Chemistry) in Tamil Nadu
- Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm] (Pharmaceutical Chemistry) in Uttar Pradesh
- Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm] (Pharmaceutical Chemistry) in Orissa
M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry: Course Highlights
Given here are the basic highlights of the course.
|Name of the course||M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry|
|Duration||2 years, full- time/ Distance-learning|
|Eligibility||Bachelor of Pharmacy|
|Admission Process||On the basis of the entrance test. Some institutions conduct their own entrance tests for offering admission.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 3K to 1 Lakh|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 to 9 Lacs|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Ranbaxy, Dabur, Panacea Biotech, Eli Lily, Nestle, Biocon, Dr. Reddy’s Lab, Himalaya, Aimil, Marion Biotech, Wockardht, Intas, Mankind Pharma, Lupin, Glenmark, Bharat Biotech, Shanta Biotech, Reliance Life Sciences, Monsanto, Du-pont, Cipla, etc.|
M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry: What is it About?
Listed here are some of the principal objectives of the course.
The course aims to prepare eligible candidates to efficiently:
- design new drug molecules based on various drug design approaches.
- understand and implement both basic and advanced concepts of the chemistry of drug molecules with respect to their design and synthesis and their physicochemical characterization.
- apply the various modern analytical techniques thus attained in statistical treatment of experimental results.
- Students those who interested or desirous in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and ability to work well as part of a team, numeracy and computation, problem-solving skills and the ability to think clearly and methodically also are good suit for it.
- teach the discipline at college and university levels at both private and government institutions.
- develop and apply the appropriate skills and methodology in a range of techniques used in pharmaceutical chemistry.
M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry: Top Institutes
The average tuition fee charged in India for the course ranges between INR 1,500 (government institutes) and INR 1 lac (private institutes).
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India that offer M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
Eligibility for M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Listed here are the minimum criteria of eligibility needed to be fulfilled for admission to the course.
Candidates aspiring to pursue the course need to have attained the Bachelor of Pharmacy degree with a minimum aggregate score of 50% from a recognized institute. The minimum eligible score may vary across institutes.
Some institutes offering the course in the country conduct their own entrance exams, while most accept the candidate’s score in the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) and performance in the subsequent round of interview.
M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry: Admission Process
Admission to the course is done in 2 stages:
- Entrance Test.
- Personal Interview- involving assessment of fitness, work experience, publications and Statement of Purpose.
M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry: Syllabus and Course Structure
A semester- wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is given here.
|Semester I||Semester II||Semester III & IV|
|Modern Analytical Technique||Advanced Medicinal Chemistry||Dissertation|
|Pharmaceutical Biostatistics & Computer Application||Natural Products||Presentation & Viva Voce|
|Drug Regulatory Affairs & Intellectual Property Rights||Polymers and Bio-organic Chemistry||-|
|Advanced Organic Chemistry||Synopsis of the proposed dissertation and Viva-voce||-|
|Practical||Advanced Medicinal Chemistry||-|
|Modern Analytical Technique||Polymers and Bio-organic Chemistry||-|
|Advanced Organic Chemistry||-||-|
M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry: Academic Options
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates interested in further studies in the discipline may go for pursuing M.Phil., Ph.D., or post-doctoral studies in Bengali, to pursue professions such as Professor, Teacher, Researcher etc.
M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry: Career Prospects
Successful postgraduates of the course find lucrative career opportunities in both central and State government departments, such as the Health Protection Branch of the Department of Health and Welfare, the Pest Control Division of Agriculture, the Department of National Defense, Provincial Research Councils, and the Provincial Departments of Agriculture/Environment, etc.
They may also open their own clinics and pursue private practice.
Such graduates are hired in capacities such as Researcher, Lecturer/Professor, Medical Transcriptionist, Customs Officer, Analytical Chemist, Drug Inspector, Health Care Unit Manager, Lab Technician, and others such.
Professionals of this discipline are employed in domains prominently including the Food & Drug Administration, pharmaceutical companies, medical stores, chemist shops, hospitals & clinics, health centers etc.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to such postgraduates are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Title||Job Description||Average Annual Salary in INR|
|Researcher||Researchers make and enhance procedures and items, for example, beautifiers, gadgets and medications. They also create medical concoctions and inspect them to decide how they react with different chemicals, and ow they can be used medically.||2,81,000 - 1,643,504|
|Medical transcriptionists||Medical Transcriptionists normally listen to the recorded correspondence of a specialist etc., and translate and decipher such transcriptions into symptomatic test outcomes, agent reports, referral letters, and different records. They also ensure that the interpretation is correct, complete, and coherent.||1,79,548 – 5,18,717|
|Analytical Chemists||Analytical Chemists perform controlled analyses to investigate the correct syntheses of substances. Normally they break down chemical substances to find what they are made of and how they respond under specific conditions. Using different bits of particular gear and propelled programming, information is gathered and examined to decide conceivable utilizations for the substance.||1,16,403 – 7,84,827|