What is M.Pharm Pharmaceutics?
M.Pharm is a two-year post-graduate course which has been designed to focus on the field of pharmaceutical science.
Under this programme, the students get in-depth knowledge on how to prepare medicines, help in treating patients, advising patients on the usage of medicines, the side effects, dosage, etc.
Students who have completed their B.Pharm with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate are eligible for this course. Colleges offer admission through both entrance exams and merit.
Here are the top colleges in India offering M.Pharm Pharmaceutics:
|College Name||Admission||Location||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Placement|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University||Entrance based||Andhra Pradesh||INR 1,10,000||INR 2,50,000|
|Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research||Entrance based||Delhi||INR 67,100||INR 7,00,000|
|Al Shifa College of Pharmacy||Entrance based||Kerala||INR 1,50,000||INR 5,90,000|
|Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology||Entrance based||Haryanna||INR 68,000||INR 5,00,000|
|JSS College of Pharmacy||Merit based||Tamil Nadu||INR 2,50,000||INR 3,50,000|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutics graduate has opportunities in a wide variety of fields. The students who graduate from this course can work as teachers, government jobs, researchers, etc. Further study options post completion of M.Pharm include doing a Ph.D in Pharmacy or other area of specialization.
The highest annual salary of around INR 8,00,000 can be expected which is based on the experience level of the graduate. Also, an average annual salary around INR 2,50,000 can be expected. The course annual fees is around an average of INR 50,000 to INR 3,50,000.
Know more about Master of Pharmacy Colleges
What is the M.Pharm Pharmaceutics Admission Process?
The admission process for M.Pharm is usually entrance based and few of the colleges might also conduct a round of personal interview.
- The universities follow the system of entrance exam based admission but few of the colleges offer admission on merit.
- The exam will assess the candidate’s general aptitude and critical thinking skills.
- Important dates and announcements are available on the college website.
- Most of the colleges have an online application system, when once the link is opened you can apply through the prescribed link.
How to apply for M.Pharm Pharmaceutics?
Following are the steps to be followed while applying for M.Pharm Pharmaceutics:
- Go to the website of the college that you are interested in and create an id as prescribed.
- Fill the details and pay the prescribed fees. Submit required documents if needed.
- The admit card will be provided soon after the application is processed.
- Check the college website for updates and notifications in regards to the entrance exams.
What is Eligibility Criteria for M.Pharm Pharmaceutics?
The candidates who fit the following eligibility criteria can apply for M.Pharm Pharmaceutics:
- Should hold a B.Pharm from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 55% marks in undergraduate degree.
- Relaxation of up to 5% marks is applicable for reserved category.
- Must qualify the national level or university level entrance exam.
What are the top M.Pharm Pharmaceutics Entrance Exams?
There are few national level conducted entrance exams for most of the colleges. The colleges that do have an entrance exam which is an entrance exam which tests your general aptitude.
- GPAT: A national level entrance exam for pharmacy courses in colleges which are approved by AICTE.
- NIPER JEE: An entrance exam for admission into the NIPER colleges.
- GUJCET: An entrance exam conducted for admission to pharmacy courses in the state of Gujarat.
- MET: An entrance exam for admission to Manipal University.
|Entrance exam||Conducting Body||Exam Date||Exam mode|
|GPAT||NTA||28 January 2020||Online|
|NIPER JEE||NIPER||28 September 2020||Online|
|GUJCET||GSEB||Postponed due to covid||Offline|
|MET||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||01 August -12 August 2020||Online|
How to Prepare for M.Pharm Pharmaceutics Entrance Exams?
A guide to prepare for the entrance exams, here are a few points to help in exam preparation.
- Please visit the official website of the respective colleges that you wish to apply for more information.
- The exams are usually online exams but there are few exams which are paper based tests.
- The general format that is usually followed is objective type questions.
- Allocate at least 4 hours every day for studying.
- Make notes while studying. These can help up with last minute quick revisions.
- Focus on your weak subjects and allocate more time to them.
- If previous years question papers are available, then it is good to solve them as it will build up your confidence. While solving the previous papers, keep in mind that there are negative marks so attempt accordingly.
How to get Admission in top M.Pharm Pharmaceutics colleges?
To secure admission in one of the top M.Pharm Pharmaceutics, one can:
- Follow the colleges that you are interested in closely.
- Stay updated with the application process and important dates.
- Attend crash courses and keep doing revisions.
- Call alumni of the colleges you are interested in and get information regarding the course and admission process.
- In case of doubt, call the management and get updated information.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutics: What is it About?
The course is beneficial to the students as it provides an opportunity for an in-depth study in the field of healthcare especially in medicines. It equips students with the skills required to research and formulate new drugs.
- It is a field that ensures safe and effective dispensing of drugs.
- It focuses on the preparation and usage of drugs.
- It will provide the students with an opportunity to use technology to create and formulate medicines.
- This course is perfect for those who want to specialize in the field of healthcare
- This course is also perfect for students who want to enter into industry-specific researcher roles.
- It also allows you to play a role for the future of mankind.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutics Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post graduate|
|Full Form||Masters of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutics|
|Eligibility||55% in B.Pharm|
|Admission process||Entrance exam based|
|Course fees||INR 50,000 to INR 4,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 2,50,000|
|Top Recruiting Places||MNCs, Government, healthcare|
|Job position||Researcher, Quality Control, Regulatory Affairs|
Why M.Pharm Pharmaceutics?
There are a multitude of reasons to study M.Pharm Pharmaceutics such as:
It will provide you with valuable process skills that will ensure that you are always in demand in the market.
- A candidate who has a degree in this course is a step towards their calling to work for the well-being of humans.
- It will also give your respect in the society as you will be involved in the process of creating drugs.
- Students can go into further studies by taking up a Ph.D in Pharmacy.
- Students learn a wide variety of skills through this course like the ability to analyse data, collect information, etc
M.Pharm Pharmaceutics Top Colleges
|College Name||Location||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Placement|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University||Andhra Pradesh||INR 1,10,000||INR 2,50,000|
|Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research||Delhi||INR 67,100||INR 7,00,000|
|Al Shifa College of Pharmacy||Kerala||INR 1,50,000||INR 5,90,000|
|Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology||Haryanna||INR 68,000||INR 5,00,000|
|Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy||Karnataka||INR 3,70,000||INR 4,50,000|
|AKS University||Madhya Pradesh||INR 1,25,000||INR 4,57,000|
|JSS College of Pharmacy||Tamil Nadu||INR 2,50,000||INR 3,50,000|
|H.R.Patel Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research||Maharastra||INR 75,000||INR 5,10,000|
|Ganpat University||Gujarat||INR 1,50,000||INR 4,80,000|
|CMR College of Pharmacy||Hyderabad||INR 1,15,000||INR 4,65,000|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutics College Comparison
A comparison between the best colleges offering M.Pharm Pharmaceutics in India has been mentioned to give a wider idea as well as to show the similarities and difference between the colleges:
|Parameters||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University||Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research||Al Shifa College of Pharmacy|
|Overview||A public university set up in Andhra Pradesh.||A well-recognised Pharmacy University which has collaborations with international institutions||A private college which aims at providing catalyse value education for excellence in health care sector|
|Location||Andhra Pradesh||New Delhi||Kerala|
|Eligibility||55% aggregate in B.Pharm||55% aggregate in B.Pharm||55% aggregate in B.Pharm|
|Average Fees||INR 1,10,000||INR 67,100||INR 1,50,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 2,50,000||INR 7,00,000||INR 5,90,000|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutics Syllabus
Here are the subjects that you would learn over the period of this course. Subjects might vary slightly depending upon the colleges.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Modern Pharmaceutical Analytical Techniques||Molecular Pharmaceutics|
|Drug Delivery||Advanced Biopharmaceutics|
|Regulatory Affairs||Computer-Aided Drug Delivery System|
|Modern Pharmaceutics||Cosmetic and Cosmeceuticals|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutics Important Books
These books are few of the recommended reading for students who want to pursue a M.Pharm Pharmaceuticals.
|Instrumental methods of Chemical Analysis||B. K. Sarma|
|Pharmaceutics: The Science of Dosage Form Design||Aulton|
|Health Education & Community Pharmacy: For First Year Diploma||N. S. Parmar|
|Advance Organic Chemistry: Reaction, Mechanism & Structure||Jerry March|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutics Jobs
Graduates of the field can work as Researchers, Regulatory Affairs, Professors, etc. These are just a few of the career options mentioned, there are more options out there that are suited for you based on your interests.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Professor||You can teach students about the field. This is a very effective way of giving something back to the subject.||INR 4,50,000|
|Research||You can research and help in the formulation of new drugs which will play a factor in controlling other diseases.||INR 8,60,000|
|Quality Controller||Ensuring the quality of the drugs in the market||INR 2,30,000|
|Regulatory affairs||Preparing official documents with respect to export and import of drugs into the country||INR 4,50,000|
M.Pharm Pharmaceutics Future Scope
The degree helps you to learn about production of medicines. It also teaches you about the technology used for the production by pharmaceutical companies.
- M.Pharm Pharmaceutics has various career options which therefore makes it easier for you to choose based on the area of preference.
- You can choose from a job that is either academically oriented or a non-academically oriented option.
- Career Options after M.Pharm Pharmaceutics are in the field of academia that are involved in research, teaching, etc.
- Job opportunities in manufacturing, drug regulatory affairs, so on as well as there is scope to work in formulation of drugs.
- Study Options after completing M.Pharm Pharmaceutics are PhD in Pharmacy or other related specializations.
M.Pharm Pharmaceutics FAQs
Ques. Is an M.Pharm degree worth doing after B.Pharm in India ?
Ques. What are the career options?
Ques. Whether studying this course is a good choice?
Ques. Why is this course a good career choice?
Ques. How hard is this course, is it a challenging course?
Ques. What course should I take in my undergradute to be eligible for this course?
Ques. M.Pharm is expensive in nature?