Masters of Pharmacy in Pharmacy Practice is a 2 years, postgraduate level course that involves the study for developing and preparing the students for the roles of pharmacists as a professional.
See more: MPharma Courses
The minimum eligibility criteria required is that the candidate must have a Graduate degree of Bachelors in Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) with at least an aggregate of 40%-50% score from a recognized institute.
The admission procedure is done through both online and offline mode. The admission is either Merit-based or Entrance based varying from institute to institute.
The Pharmacy program involves the study of fundamental concepts, procedures for preparing and dispensing drugs in the hospital and for retailers under the guidance of a registered pharmacist.
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post-Graduation level|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||B.Pharm. with 40%-50% marks|
|Admission Process||Either entrance-exam based or merit-based (varies with the institutes)|
|Course Fee||INR 3,000-1,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3-10 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Cipla, Lupin, Aurobindo, Zyduscadila, Glen mark, Merck, Abbott India, Biocon, Sanofi, Wockhardt, Pfizer, Clinical Research Industries, Johnson & Johnson, Hospitals & Clinics, Piramal, etc.|
|Job Positions||Professor, Pharmacist, Pharmacy In-charge, Pharmacy Executive, Executive Search Trainee, Quality Control Consultant, Lecturer, Medical Marketing Executive or Manager, Branch Manager, Sales Development Manager, Regional Manager Medical Writer, etc.|
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice: Admission Process
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice Admission process is either done through–
- Entrance-based, depending on the institutes.
Few of the institutes might carry several other admission rounds such as personal interviews (PI) and group discussions (GD).
The candidates can apply to the colleges providing admission in M. Pharm. in Pharmacy Practice through both online and offline mode while following the below-mentioned steps that one is required to follow while applying for the M. Com in Banking and Financing course:
- The interested candidate must visit either the official website of the Institute for the online application form OR the college campus/ admission office of the Institute/college itself for the M. Pharm. in Pharmacy Practice admission application forms.
- Next, He/she must fill in the application form as per the instructions prescribed and upload (if online) or present (offline) the required attested documents and photocopies in the prescribed dimensions.
- Finally, after the processing of applications, the final list of the selected candidates/merit list is released after other admission rounds such as Group Discussions and Personal Interview (if any).
Entrance-Exam Based Admissions
- The interested candidates will be required to sit for the entrance exam.
- He/she must be accompanied with the required documents and essentials as prescribed or instructed.
- Once, the candidate qualifies for the entrance exam after obtaining a valid score, a merit list of selected students is released.
- The selected students are invited for the counseling round, Personal Interview Round, or Group Discussions (if any).
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice: Eligibility Criteria
The basic M. Pharm. in Pharmacy Practice Eligibility Criteria is that:
- The interested candidates must have completed their Graduation in Bachelors of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) as a major discipline with at least a minimum aggregate of at least 45% - 50% marks from any recognized and approved Board by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)OR any of its equivalents from known and recognized institutes by PCI.
- Few of the institutions/colleges might also consider the individual score in each subject particularly and some institutes might judge on the basis of score scored in the entrance test by the candidate.
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice: Entrance Exams
The candidate who qualifies the entrance exam with a valid score is selected for other admission rounds, Personal Interview or Group Discussions -
|Name Of The Exam||Exam Date||Last Date To Apply|
|GATE||February 6, 7, 13, 14, 2021||October 12, 2020|
|NIPER JEE||2nd week of June 2021||2nd week of May 2021|
|TS PGECET||June 20, 2021||1st week of May 2021|
|GPAT||February 27, 2021||January 31, 2020|
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice: How are Prepare for Entrance Exams?
Students preparing for M. Pharm in Pharmacy practice must update themselves with the syllabus, the pattern of the entrance exams. The following steps must be taken care of before the exam:
- The candidate must practice using M. Pharm in Pharmacy Practice previous entrance exam question papers.
- Cover the syllabus first and once you identify your weak points, work on them.
- Study and make revision notes daily.
- The syllabus of subjects must also be covered properly and thoroughly.
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice: How to Get Admission into a Good College?
The admission in M. Pharm in Pharmacy Practice course is done through both Merit-based and entrance-based.
- If the candidates want to get admitted to any institute granting admission merit-based admission, then a good cut-off score is a must in the prior qualifying examination and a valid score in the entrance exam conducted.
- The candidates must also visit the official websites and keep themselves updated with the course curriculum, entrance exam dates, admission process, and so on of the particular colleges.
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice: What is it About?
M.Pharmacy course in Pharmacy Practice is all about the practical, and theoretical knowledge of pharmacy, and quality control of drugs including traditional and modern medicines with the aid of both practical and theory learning.
- An M. Pharm degree holders are eligible to work with health care centers and industries, drug research and development, marketing, clinical trials research, drug regulations, sales, drug control administration, etc.
- The students learn to make effective use of pharmaceutical products safely and to prepare medicines and drugs along with their dispensation.
- They specialize in preparing medicines, drugs, advising health patients, as well as the doctors or practitioners about medicines and drugs, use age, dosages, side effects, diet required while consuming the medicines or drugs.
Why Study M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice?
A student looking forward to a professional career in Pharmacy Practice must opt for this course.
- The Master in Pharmacy Practice course allows students to improve their skills with the detailed study course.
- The blending of both practical and theoretical knowledge helps students grasp the concepts properly.
- Being the most selected practice, it offers better and more opportunities in this field.
- They can also go for further higher degrees for enhancing their educational qualification and getting promotions in jobs.
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice: Course Comparison
M.Pharma Pharmacy Practice and MPharma Clinical Pharmacy Practice are similar but differences are listed below:
|Parameters||Masters Of Pharmacy In Pharmacy Practice||Masters Of Pharmacy In Clinical Pharmacy Practice|
|Course Objectives||This Pharmacy program involves the study of fundamental concepts, procedures for preparing and dispensing drugs in the hospital and for retailers under the guidance of a registered pharmacist.||This Pharmacy program involves an in-depth study of the use of medication, promoting health, and disorders, and disease. It prepares the student for a professional role.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 30,000 to 1,00,000||INR 46,000 to 2,00,000|
|Duration||2 Years||2 years|
|Eligibility||B. Pharm with 40%-50% marks||A B.Sc. Chemistry/Biology degree with 40%-50% marks|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based or Entrance-Exam Based||Merit-Based or Entrance-Exam Based|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 1-7 LPA||INR 2-9 LPA|
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice: Top Colleges
The below mentioned are the top colleges for the study of M. Pharm. in Pharmacy Practice course in 2021:
|Top Colleges/Institute||Fee Structure||Average Placement|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences Manipal||INR 2,76,000||INR 5 -7 LPA|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai||INR 93,700||INR 10-14 LPA|
|College of Pharmaceutical Sciences Mohuda, Ganjam||INR 73,000||-|
|Amrita School of Pharmacy, Kochi||INR 1,55,000||INR 2-5 LPA|
|Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi||INR 1,35,000||INR 5.6 LPA|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi||INR 1,87,000||INR 10.4 LPA|
|Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune||INR 1,10,000||INR 3 LPA|
|Amity University, Noida||INR 1,58,000||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune||INR 1,10,000||INR 4 LPA|
|Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, New Delhi||INR 23,680||INR 5-7 LPA|
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice: College Comparison
|Parameter||Manipal College Of Pharmaceutical Sciences Manipal, Karnataka||Institute Of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Overview||Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences is a college established in 1963. It was the first college in Karnataka to offer M. Pharm in 1970. The college is approved by AICTE and PCI.||This college was established in 1933. It is also known as ICT Mumbai; the institute has received a grade ‘A++'. Different courses are UGC Approved. The college is an AIU Member.|
|Average Fees||INR 2,76,000||INR 93,700|
|Average Package Offered||INR 5-7 LPA||INR 4-5 LPA|
|Placement Companies||Cipla, DR Reddy's Lab, Sun Pharma, Lupin,||Croda, Ganesh Cosmetic, Kedia Organic, Mario|
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice: Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Modern Pharmaceutical||Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics|
|Analysis Biostatistics||Principles of quality use of medicines|
|Clinical Pharmacy Practice||Pharmacotherapeutics-II|
|Intellectual Property Rights and Regulatory||Clinical pharmacokinetics and Therapeutic drug monitoring|
|Pharmacotherapeutics 1||Clinical Pharmacy Practice|
|Clinical Research||Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomic|
|Hospital and Community Pharmacy||Clinical Research and Development|
|Modern Pharmaceutical Analysis Lab||Pharmacotherapeutics-II Lab|
|Hospital and Community Pharmacy||Clinical Pharmacy Practice Lab|
|Lab Mini Project 1||Mini-project- II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Research Methodology and Biostatistics||Research work|
|Journal club||Final presentation|
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice: Job Profiles
The following mentioned are the future jobs and career options for a post-graduate in M.Pharm in Pharmacy Practice:
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay|
|Pharmacy Executive||The person in this position is responsible for supervising the implementation, design, and management of safe and effective medications and their management system||INR 4,22,590|
|Pharmaceutical Field Sales Representative||The person in this position is responsible for guiding and assessing the client’s needs and providing suitable medications, advising doctors to prescribe their sales products as well as providing product information, and delivering product samples to the customers.||INR 3,81,650|
|Professor/Teacher||The person in this position is responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate students in their field of expertise, teaching, guiding and assessing students for academic performances.||INR 5,60,000|
|Pharmacist||The person in this position is responsible for preparing medications after the interpretation of a physicians’ orders, classifying, packaging, and labeling the pharmaceuticals, and controlling the usage with the aid of drug therapies, through medical advice.||INR 8,30,000|
|Medical Marketing Executive or Manager||The person in this position is responsible for coordinating with different representatives for the promotion, statistical surveying, and creation of the staff members.||INR 5,06,000|
|Pharmacy In-charge||The person in this position is responsible for the supervision of the pharmacy department, daily work, and including operational and clinical services as well.||INR 3,00,000|
|Sales Development Manager||The person in this position is responsible and revolves around customers. He/she must identify potential customers, prepare strategies to promote the products to new customers, and maintain a healthy and cordial relationship with the existing ones. They must work in accordance with the customer feedback and strategize to promote the organization and its products among customers.||INR 7,40,000|
|Executive Search Trainee||The person in this position is responsible for maintaining the record and keeping in the state the accounts of all the purchases, orders as well as the preparation of proper reports for all merchandised staff and outside customers or vendors.||INR 5,34,878|
|Quality Control Consultant||The person in this position is responsible for providing independent, personal and objective advice and opinion to various organizations on strategies to improve the quality of their products and medication-related services.||INR 9,07,392|
|Medical Writer||The person in this position is responsible for reading reports for annual or monthly or any such survey conducted by government organizations. A medical writer must be aware of the on-going updates and evaluations and advancements in the field of medicine and pharmacy.||INR 4,80,000|
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice: Future Scope
Once, the M.Pharm. in Pharmacy Practice course is completed,
- The candidate can apply for various job positions in various Pharmaceutical industries and companies. He/she can go ahead with training in medical colleges and universities, or apply to work with hospitals, private doctors, clinical research industries, etc. The candidate can also become a licensed pharmacist.
- The interested candidates can also move ahead with further specializations such as a B.Ed. course if interested in teaching or Ph.D. Pharmacy.
- Any student with graduated and completed M. Pharm. in Pharmacy Practice is eligible for Higher or further studies, Government or private sector medical or chemist centers as well as placements pharma oriented and related industries and organizations.
M.Pharm Pharmacy Practice: FAQs
Ques. Can a student after the completion of M. Pharm, in Pharmacy Practice degree be eligible for job opportunities in countries other than India?
Ques. Can M. Pharm, in Pharmacy Practice be completed in less than a duration of 2 years?
Ques. Is it possible to do an MBA after the completion of M. Pharm, in the Pharmacy Practice program?
Ques. Is M. Pharm, in Pharmacy Practice a valuable course?
Ques. Is M. Pharm, in Pharmacy Practice a tough course?
Ques. Is there any delay in the M. Pharm, in Pharmacy Practice admission process due to Covid-19?
Ques. What is the evaluation system in M. Pharm, in Pharmacy Practice?
Ques. What are the required skill sets for a Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm.)?
Ques. Are scholarships and financial help offered under the Masters of Pharmacy in pharmacy practice course to the students?