Masters in Pharmacy (M. Pharm) Quality Assurance is a 2-year postgraduate pharmacy course that allows the students to assure the quality of food, medicine, cosmetic products, or services and set a benchmark in their effectiveness and reliability.
The basic eligibility criteria for M. Pharm Quality Assurance is the candidate must have completed their graduation in a related subject from a recognized university/college along with a valid score in the entrance exam.
Pharm Quality assurance is a very good and prosperous choice to choose as your next step in the academic qualification if you are interested in the line of quality analysis, benchmarking, leadership, etc.
The vast range of job opportunities that follow after the successful course completion is assistant professor, pharmacist, quality analyst, production controller, consulting in big pharma, food, and beverage company, etc.
Pharm Quality Assurance: Highlights
|Examination Type||Semester-based examinations|
|Eligibility||Graduation from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Entrance Based (EAMCET, GPAT)|
|Course Fee||INR 10,000- 2,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3,00,000-10,00,000|
|Top Recruiting companies||Cipla, Ranbaxy, Apollo, Fact personnel, etc.|
|Job positions||Pharmacist, Chemist, Medical researcher, Pharmaceutical representative.|
Pharm Quality Assurance: Admission Process
- Once the candidate has completed his/her graduation in B. Pharm/ D Pharm. or equivalent UG, they have to register themselves for the entrance exam.
- The entrance exams like GPAT, EAMCET are considered by all medical research/ pharmacy colleges with a valid score in it.
- Once you have a valid score in the exam, you can apply for the M. Pharm quality assurance course online/ offline.
- The college will invite you for an interview/counselling session depending upon your academic performance and entrance score.
Pharm Quality Assurance: Eligibility
- The basic eligibility for the M. Pharm in Quality Assurance is the candidate must have completed his/her graduation in B. Pharm/ Pharm. D from a recognized university. The cut-off score differs from one university/college to another.
- The student also needs to qualify the EAMCET/ GPAT entrance exam with a valid score. The entrance exam may differ in different states. It may also differ from one university/college to another. Some colleges don’t need any entrance exam, the candidate can directly apply for the M. Pharm quality assurance course.
Pharm Quality Assurance: Entrance Exams
The candidates need to attend the below mentioned national entrance exam who are aspiring to take admission for M. Pharm in quality assurance:
- GPAT: Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test is a national level entrance exam for B. Pharm graduate students conducted by All India Council for technical education (AICTE) who wants to pursue a master’s degree in pharmacy.
- EAMCET: Engineering agricultural medicine common entrance test is another entrance exam that is conducted on a state level.
- TS-EAMCET is an entrance exam conducted by the state of Telangana.
- PGECET: Post-graduation Engineering common entrance test, another entrance exam considered in some states and the universities in it. The entrance exam is useful for PG courses like M. tech and M. Pharm.
- TS-PGECET is an entrance conducted by Osmania University on behalf of the govt. of Telangana.
Pharm Quality Assurance: What is it about?
- M. Pharm in Quality Assurance is a very distinctive and interesting course for those who have a massive interest in medical science and research.
- It is a 1.5-year course which is divided into 3 semesters after which you will have your project work/ thesis.
- M. Pharm in quality assurance is a course that involves the study of quality management in the industries which covers ISO and six sigma standards, and the quality assurance done in food & beverage, medicine, pharmaceuticals, or its related services.
- The course has a very bright future, as it is considered to be of high value when it comes to quality for any manufacturer or company, and quality is one factor that decides a product’s or service’s success in the market.
- This attribute paves the way to many job opportunities in the line of quality assurance like a quality manager, quality analyst, quality specialist, quality consultant, etc.
Pharm Quality Assurance: Top Colleges
|College Name||Average Fee||Average Placement|
|Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University [CSVTU], Bhilai||INR 40,000 Per annum||INR 4,00,000 Per annum|
|Shoolini University, Solan||INR 1,33,500 Per Annum||INR 10,00,000 Per annum|
|All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Society College of Engineering, Pune||INR 1,36,000 Per annum||INR 4,50,000per annum|
|Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai||INR 1,50,000 Per Annum||INR 7,50,000 Per annum|
|Jamia Hamdard University, Delhi||INR 2,20,500 per annum||INR 5,00,000 per annum|
|Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal||INR 1,01,000 per annum||INR 3,50,000 per annum|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad||INR 30,000 per annum||INR 7,00,000 per annum|
|Jodhpur National University, Jodhpur||INR 1,28,500 per annum||INR 3,50,000 per annum|
|Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University), Ambala||INR 1,45,700 per annum||INR 4,00,000 per annum|
Pharm Quality Assurance: Course Syllabus
The course is divided into 3 semesters with 2 semesters in the first year. The syllabus for the M. Pharm quality assurance course is as follows:
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
|Analytical Techniques I||Analytical Techniques II||Spectral workshop|
|Product Development||Quality Management II||Project and Dissertation work|
|Biological Evaluation||Product Development II||-|
|Quality Management I||Packaging||-|
|Computing & Statistics||Validation||-|
Pharm Quality Assurance: Job Profiles
Students usually choose their careers depending on many factors, some of which are salary, career growth, work-life balance, and quality of work to name some. Some of these jobs may have some of these desired factors, and some may not. But at the end of the day, it is the passion of one that drives him/her irrespective of those available factors. Master’s in Pharmacy in the line of quality assurance provides a wide variety of career options along with a wide variety of these factors.
Because the course has a lot of scopes, here are some of the career prospectus or possible career path you can choose:
|Quality analyst||Responsible for planning, analyzing, and collecting data regarding the quality benchmarks set by the company and how it is performing compared to the competitors or market.||INR 3,00,000-5,00,000 per annum|
|Assistant Professor||Responsible for preparing and teaching students the various standards in the pharma/ F&B.||INR 3,00,000-4,50,000 per annum|
|Quality specialist||To improve and protect the quality of the product or service at a corporate level, by mastering the ISO and six sigma standard protocols.||INR 6,00,000 per annum|
|Pharmacy Consultant||Consulting with the customers or clients and explaining the various aspects of the product or service done by the respective company.||INR 5,55,000 per anum|
Pharm Quality Assurance: Future Scope
A master’s in pharmacy always opens doors to many opportunities for the students as the medicine and pharma sector go hand in hand in the discovery of new vaccines and medicines and cures. The health hazards, their side effects, their effectiveness, reliability is something that is always questioned by the consumers and exploited by the competitors. So, a valuable discovery should always be backed up with utmost care via top quality on its product or service. By considering all these factors a course like this has a bright future considering the current pandemic the world is going through and our fight towards finding a cure. These are some of the bright future aspects of this course:
- Quality assurance is a massive job profile that has many career stages that start from entry-level analyst to top-level quality manager.
- This profile has a wide variety of jobs both in the government and private sector, in industrial sectors like medicine, pharma, food and beverage, FMCG, etc.
- Once you complete M. Pharm, students do have the luxury of going further by studying PhD. Through which they can go into research work.
- Assistant professor/lecturer is also another profile that can be taken after M. Pharm if they have a passion for the teaching profession.
Pharm Quality Assurance: FAQs
Ques: How to get admission to a good college for M. Pharm quality assurance?
Ans: The majority of the colleges in India mainly look at two aspects while shortlisting the candidates. First, the candidate must have a good score in his/her graduation in B. Pharm or equivalent. Secondly, he/she should have a valid good score in the entrance exam. The better your scores are in these two exams, the better your chances are to get into the top tier colleges in India.
Ques: What are the benefits of choosing Quality assurance as an M. Pharm specialization course?
Ans: The course has a competitive edge in the sense that it opens a wide variety of job opportunities that are relevant to the quality assurance course. By taking M. Pharm you can choose multiple sectors like pharma, food, and beverage, medical. But all the main sectors have a quality sector in them which can help you excel in your career.
Ques: What are some of the best distance education colleges for M. Pharm quality assurance?
Ans: Some of the best distance education colleges/universities which provides M. Pharm quality assurance are as follows:
- National Institute of pharmaceutical education & research, Surat
- NIPER, Kolkata
- College of pharmaceutical science, Andhra University
- BITS, Pilani
- RVS College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sulur
Ques: Which college is better between Jamia Hamdard University and Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University) for M. Pharma quality assurance?
Ans: Students consider a lot of factors while choosing the right campus, which is usually fees, ambience, and placement opportunity. JHU stands a step ahead in the placement provided to its students as it brings some of the best companies into the recruitment drive, whereas MMDU, has a minimal fee with good ambience on the campus. But the one deciding factor between the two is the NIRF ranking which puts JHU ahead of MMDU.
Ques: What are some of the companies that recruit M. Pharma quality assurance students?
Ans: The need for quality and assurance is a demand by the customer and the companies hire the best and in good numbers. The companies like Cipla, Sun Pharma, Piramal enterprise, P&G, Britannia, Nestle are some of the companies that take students from M. Pharm quality assurance background.
Ques: What are the annual salary for M. Pharma quality assurance?
Ans: On an entry-level, the candidates are given a package of INR 3-4 LPA by the companies depending upon the college they are being recruited as the companies do give larger CTC to students who come from top tier colleges like IIT’s or NIT’s or BITS.
Ques: Are teaching jobs a good choice after M. Pharma quality assurance?
Ans: Assistant professors is one of the most opted jobs or career line by the students after the completion of M. Pharma quality assurance. This job line considered to be much more relaxing and better paid which are some of the factors taken into consideration when it comes to jobs.
Ques: How good is the scope for job opportunities abroad after M. Pharma quality assurance?
Ans: In foreign countries, the companies have a very old and strong culture of having an R&D program or unit as a part of their organization as the foreign countries have a much higher mode of technology and research program when it comes to quality assurance. Due to this, they do have many job opportunities as well as higher studies program in the line of pharmacy.
Ques: What are the specializations we can go for after the completion of M. Pharma quality assurance?
Ans: Once the candidate completes M. Pharma quality assurance, the lines of textile technology and polymer technology are some of the best specialization areas candidates can opt for their future studies like PhD in pharmaceuticals, chemistry, etc.
Ques: What is the full form of M. Pharma
Ans: The full form of M. Pharma is Master of Pharmacy. The course lasts up to 2 years.