Master of Physiotherapy Neurology or MPT Neurology is a postgraduate course of 2 years. The course gives detailed knowledge on Neuroscience and the patients suffering from the related disease. The examination of the course is conducted on a yearly basis.
The candidates who have passed their graduation with a minimum score of 50% can opt for MPT.
Know About: Physiotherapy Course
Admission into MPT Neurology courses granted based on the performance in entrance exams. NEET PG and IPU CET are the top entrance exams conducted for MPT Neurology.
The average fees for this course range from INR 30,000 – 2 Lakhs. The average salary offered to MPT Neurology degree holders is INR 5 – 15 LPA.
The subjects taught during the program are Research Methodology and Biostatistics, Clinical and Journal Club, English Language and Communication Skills, Physiotherapy in PNS Disorders, Review of Core Science, Neuro Surgical Rehabilitation, and etc.
Jamia Hamdard University, HIMSR, Chandigarh University are the top MPT Neurology colleges in India.
MPT Neurology: Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Master of Physiotherapy in Neurology|
|Eligibility||The candidate must have passed BPT from a recognized university.|
|Course Fee||INR 30,000 – 2 Lacs|
|Average Salary||INR 5 – 15 Lacs|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Health Institutions, Defense Medical Establishments, Orthopedic Departments, Educational Institutions, Hospitals, Rehabilitation Centers for the Handicapped, Schools for the Mentally Retarded and Physically Disabled Children, Physiotherapy Equipment Manufacturers, Sports Training Facilities, Private Clinics|
|Job Positions||Physiotherapy Lecturer, Physiotherapist, Sports Physio Rehabilitator, Osteopath, Therapy Manager|
MPT Neurology: Admission Process
The admission procedure varies from college to college.
- Admission to some colleges is based on the scores secured in the entrance examination.
- The candidate qualified the entrance exam with the minimum cut-off will be eligible for the counseling procedure.
- The counseling procedure usually comprises the Personal Interview and Group Discussions rounds.
Some institutes take up admissions based on the marks obtained at the graduation level.
MPT Neurology: Eligibility Criteria
The MPT Neurology aspirants have to fulfill the following criteria to pursue the course.
- The candidate must have completed his/her BPT from a recognized university.
- A minimum score of 50% in graduation degree.
- The candidate must have completed 6 months of compulsory internship.
MPT Neurology: Entrance Exam
Some colleges conduct their own entrance examination while the others take up admission from the common entrance examination conducted at the All-India level.
- NEET PG: NEET-PG is a national-level entrance examination conducted for admission to PG courses in the medical field.
- IPU CET: This entrance examination is conducted at the university level for admission to all PG and UG courses of the university.
The basic details of the entrance examinations conducted for admission to the MPT Neurology are given in the table below.
|Name of Examination||Conducting Body||Registration Date||Exam Date|
|NEET PG||National Board of Examinations (NBE)||February 23, 2021 - March 15, 2021||April 18, 2021|
|IPU CET||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||TBA||TBA|
How to prepare for the MPT Neurology Entrance Examination?
In order to prepare for the MPT Neurology entrance exams candidates must follow the following points:-
- Solve as many sample papers as possible. This gives an idea of the type of questions asked and an overview of how to prepare and what to prepare.
- Manage time while attending to the questions. The candidate may get panic and is unable to attend to the questions. The candidate may also take too long to solve one question, so time management is necessary.
- The right set of books and study materials has to be chosen. This will guide the candidates to score well and hence get a better rank.
- The candidate must give proper time to each and every subject and section. To do this the candidate must prepare an appropriate timetable.
- The revision has to be done every two days to retain the information and the topics. The topics may wash off with just a single reading. so, the candidate must revise more and more.
How to get admission to a good college?
To get admission to a good college the candidate has to score well in NEET PG. The candidate also has to score well in graduation to get a reputed college for post-graduation. The following tips and instructions may help the candidate get admission to a good college for MPT Neurology.
- Prepare and revise the topics thoroughly.
- Do not have a laid-back attitude.
- Complete the assigned task that very day and do leave it for tomorrow.
- Do as many question papers as possible.
- Be confident about what you have studied and what to choose as the answer.
MPT Neurology: What is it about?
The basic details about MPT Neurology and the development of the candidate as a physiotherapist while pursuing the course are mentioned below.
- Neurological physiotherapy treats patients with neurological disorders.
- By pursuing the course, the physiotherapist can develop and extend knowledge and expertise in the field of neurological rehabilitation.
- It increases the practical knowledge of the candidate.
- It helps to build critical thinking towards the case studies.
- The candidates are skilled in correcting and minimizing movement disorders.
- The physiotherapist has the capability to improve the lifestyle of the patient.
- The candidates are given advanced lessons of Ambulatory exercises, Application of FES machines in clinics, Physiotherapy, Posture awareness, Movement training methods, Stretching and sitting exercises for balance, Exercises to strengthen the body, Massage Therapy, and Neuro Pilates.
Why study this particular course?
The following are the benefits of choosing MPT in Neurology.
- The candidate is self-employed and can open their own clinic.
- The candidate can even work at the government and private institutes.
- The candidate attains skills to solve physical problems by strengthening, balance and walking practice, postural awareness and control, respiratory assessment, and education.
- The candidates can go for further research work.
- The candidates are given detailed knowledge of spines and nerves. They work for perfection and excellence in their work field.
MPT Neurology: Top Colleges
The list of the top colleges offering MPT in Neurology is tabulated below.
|India Today Ranking||College Name||City||Average Annual Fee|
|15||Jamia Hamdard University||New Delhi||INR 1,75,000|
|22||HIMSR||New Delhi||INR 2,61,000|
|30||Ramaiah Medical College||Bangalore|
|31||SRM Institute of Technology||Kanchipuram||INR 1,35,000|
MPT Neurology: Syllabus
The yearly syllabus for Master of Physiotherapy in Neurology is tabulated below.
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Research Methodology and Biostatistics||Clinical and Journal Club II|
|English Language and Communication Skills||Physiotherapy in PNS Disorders|
|Review of Core Science||Neuro Surgical Rehabilitation|
|Physiotherapy and Functional Diagnosis of Neurological Disorders||Clinical and Journal Club III|
|Clinical and Journal Club I||Dissertation I|
|Medical and Surgical Aspects of Neuro Disorders||Management and Ethics in Physiotherapy|
|Neurological Physiotherapy I||Neurological Physiotherapy II|
|Physiotherapy in CNS Disorders||Dissertation II|
MPT Neurology: Job Prospects
With the increasing awareness of the field of physiotherapy, the scope for physiotherapists is increasing day by day. There are several job opportunities open for MPT Neurology gradudates. They are offered jobs in hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, public and private clinics, special schools, health and fitness centers, NGOs, and various other sectors. Athletes and senior citizens prefer physiotherapists.
Some of the most common job profiles that MPT Neurology students can opt for after the completion of graduation is described below.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Physiotherapist||They help the patients who are suffering from illness and physical deformity. The movement of the patient is improved. The exercises for treatment are planned as per the patients' requirements and healing process. The combination of manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, and electrotherapy is used for the treatment.||INR 2-6 Lacs|
|Neurologist||They get the specialty to diagnose and treat brain-related diseases. They also treat patients with spinal cord impairments, nervous systems, muscles, and blood vessels.||INR 10-18 Lacs|
|Sports Physio Rehabilitator||They treat emergency cases of the sportsmen. They examine the injury and the cause of the injury. They tell the sportsmen whether the sportsperson can participate in further sports events or not. To lessen the impact, they treat and mobilize the body parts.||INR 2-4 Lacs|
|Therapy Manager||They manage the hospital staff and representatives.||INR 3-5 Lacs|
|Therapist||They treat people with physical injuries and illnesses. They treat the patients who lost the movement of disrupted limbs. They also help in controlling the pain. They figure out the root cause and treat them accordingly. They plan the program for the rehabilitation of the patient and work on it.||INR 3-4 Lacs|
|Lecturer||They conduct lectures, seminars, and case studies following the curriculum of Physiotherapy. They supervise the students. They also evaluate the students for their laboratory work and clinical work. They assign the students with assignments, projects, and dissertation papers. They have to be updated with the recent happening in the field of physiotherapy.||INR 3-8 Lacs|
MPT Neurology: Future Scope
The MPT Neurology students can either set up their own clinic or can opt for further studies. This will help the candidate for further job opportunities.
- PhD: The candidate can pursue PhD if is interested in further research work. The candidate with an eagerness to more can go for it and have a future in the research work.
MPT Neurology: FAQs
Ques – What is the exam duration of NEET PG?
Ques – Is there any negative marking?
Ques – How many questions are there in total in NEET PG?
Ques – NEET PG is conducted in which language?
Ques – What is the best thing about MPT?
Ques – Who can choose the course?
Ques – How is direct admission done in various colleges?
Ques – What are the other employment areas for the physiotherapist other than hospitals?
Ques – Is there any scholarship facility?
Ques – What are the other fields which are improved in MPT Neurology?