MSc Industrial Chemistry is a 2 year postgraduate course conducted by many universities and colleges in India. The course curriculum consists of four semesters divided into two years and has extensive scope in future due to its potentially packed syllabus.
The eligibility for this course includes a bachelor degree in relevant or related fields such as zoology, biochemistry, microbiology and biotechnology with a minimum score of 60% to gain admission in the following course program.
M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry courses are generally merit based, however, certain colleges may conduct their own entrance examinations followed by an interview to allot admission to aspirants.
The average fees for this course ranges around INR 5,000-2 lakhs and offers important curriculum and syllabi that includes how chemical components are conducive in transformation of other products and materials.
This course allows students to explore and research the methodological approaches to study chemical compounds and how they are used and applied in formation of other products. The course provides extensive knowledge on chemical processes and procedures that are required and frequently used to create chemical products.
|Name of the college||Admission process||Average fees|
|Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar||Graduation/CET||INR 4,640|
|Alagappa University, Karaikudi||Graduation/CET||INR 8,700|
|Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh||Graduation/CET||INR 16,600|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||Graduation + IIT JAM||INR 79,000|
|University of Lucknow, Lucknow||Graduation/CET||INR 74,750|
|National institute of technology Warangal||Graduation/CET||INR 78,745|
|Kuvempu University Shimoga||Graduation/CET||INR 28,800|
|Government Arts and Science College, Karwar||Graduation/CET||INR 7,500|
|Vels Institute of Science, Technology & Advanced Studies, Chennai||Graduation/CET||INR 1,46,000|
M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry graduates after completing their course can work in many designated roles such as Chemistry Content Writer, Scientific Data Entry Specialist, Chemical Business Analyst, Taxonomist, Chemist, Synthetic Chemistry Scientist, Scientist, Quality Assurance Officer, Biochemistry Assistant Scientist, Chemistry Content Writer, Scientific Data Entry Specialist and earn money and salary packages up to INR 1-10 lakhs which can always be increased as per experience and expertise.
M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry also offers working in reputed organization and illustrious Institutes such as Agrochemical Companies, Plastics, Polymer Companies, Military Research Laboratories, as well as Perfume Industries, Petrochemical Companies, Colleges, Universities, Research Organizations which allow their aspirants with a stable job growth and development.
What is M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry?
- M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry is a course that offers insight and delves deep in the chemical processes and procedures required to produce chemical products or in simpler terms it is a science that deals with using chemical processes and methods to convert raw materials into chemical products.
- Industrial Chemistry is essential and an alternative to the future in regards to its vision that surrounds and propagates ideas and compels industries to manufacture synthetic options to protect excessive usage of natural components and provide alternative options to create equilibrium.
- M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry has immense scope and is highly appreciated for its experimental methods and futuristic approach.
- The candidates enrolled in this course program will have strong foothold in subjects such as Analytical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Environmental and Organometallic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Natural Products, Cosmetics and Petroleum Chemistry and Agrochemicals to ensure outputs which involve minimum stress on natural resources and production of alternatives and options that are chemicals produced to enable results and commodities that satisfy the demand.
- M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry is a booming course and allows its aspirants with the necessary knowledge of chemical compounds and their reactive tendencies to explore how each and every chemical enhances or replenishes other sources when combined and produces commodities which are better and stronger.
- M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry graduates can earn handsome salary packages and this course offers many stable Jobs in a variety of industries such as reputed roles such as a taxonomist, chemist, pharmacist and research associate.
- Candidates can also work as chemical content writers and scientists to enhance their prestige and knowledge base while working with industries that involve such experimentation in chemical processes to procure goods and alternatives of quality standards.
Why MSc Industrial Chemistry?
- M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry is noted for its advanced techniques and methods employed in production of various goods through chemical processing and transforming chemical compounds into more efficient and reliable source of products befitting the demands of masses.
- Industrial Chemistry is a futuristic approach to development of goods and products as many high-end industries rely heavily on chemical processes to produce various outputs such as perfumes, medicines, petrochemical and agricultural goods to contribute alternatives to such organizations and provide stability and assistance in their growth and expansion.
- Industrial Chemistry aspirants may seek employment opportunities with such organizations as research associates and taxonomist as well as scientists and pharmacists and gain recognition for their work in transitioning and transformations of various chemicals into finished products such as medicines, agricultural fertilizers and pesticides as well as perfumes and petrochemicals products to ensure usage of chemically induced products which are sustainable and provide better outcomes.
- Industrial Chemistry aspirants have many options in regards to their employment areas; candidates can actively work with educational institutions and organizations as research associates and contribute their work in discovering interactive tendencies of various chemicals to procure suitable results as well as preparation of reports to discover hazardous elements.
- Candidates can also work in leading perfume industries as experts in preparation of incense and aromatic scents for sale, as well as contribute insights as pharmacist and chemist into building chemical composition essential for medicine making and testing compatibility of various chemicals with one another to create harmonious and nonhazardous products.
MSc Industrial Chemistry: Admission Process
Candidates who are seeking admission in this course are required to have a graduate degree in Zoology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Microbiology, and Biotechnology with a minimum score of 60 percent. Certain colleges also conduct entrance tests such as IIT JAM/OUCET/ CUCET to allot admission to potential candidates.
MSc Industrial Chemistry: Eligibility
- Candidates are required to have a graduate degree in related fields such as Zoology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Microbiology, and Biotechnology with a minimum score of 60%.
- Candidates are also required to have qualified entrance exams such as IIT JAM and OUCET to gain admission in the master’s program.
- Entrance and admission procedures are varied for each college; students are advised to go through individual college guidelines to seek reliable information.
MSc Industrial Chemistry: Entrance Exams
As mentioned, some colleges conduct entrance exams for admitting students in their MSc courses. The exams listed below are some of the top MSc exams in India, through which you can get admission in MSc Industrial Chemistry course in India.
- IIT JAM: Also known as joint admission test for M.Sc., IIT JAM is an exam conducted by Indian institute of technology to ensure admissions in their M.Sc. programs to aspirants. The pattern of the exam consists of questions related to the field of physics chemistry and mathematics along with reasoning and aptitude/logical skills.
- OUCET: Also known as Osmania University common entrance test is a test conducted by Osmania University Hyderabad to allot admission to students seeking admission in their master’s program. The pattern of the paper consists of multiple choice questions dealing with physics chemistry and mathematics as well as comprehension and logical skills.
- CUCET: Also known as Central University Common entrance test is an exam which is conducted by central universities in India to provide admission to aspirants in their UG and PG programs.
|Exam Name||Date of Form Issue||Last date of form submission||Day of exam||Announcement of results|
|IIT JAM||September 10, 2020||October 15, 2020||February 14, 2021||March 20, 2021|
|CUCET||March 16, 2020||June 6, 2020||September 18-20, 2020||October 17, 2020|
|OUCET||September 18, 2020||October 23, 2020||November 6-17, 2020||To be announced|
How to prepare for M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry entrance tests?
- Candidates should have exceptional grasp on principles of chemistry along with physics and mathematics to secure good grades.
- Candidates should also have the knowledge of existing paper patterns and should prepare a study plan in accordance with the recent trends and changes in exam patterns.
- Candidates should always enroll for online mock tests series to gain more practice in problem solving and analytical skills.
- Practicing previous year papers and questions might provide an edge in exam preparation and may provide better results.
- Candidates should make strategic measures in managing their time as such exams are highly competitive in nature and require immense effort and hard work.
MSc Industrial Chemistry: Course Highlights
|Course level||Post graduate|
|Full form||Master of science in Industrial Chemistry|
|Examination type||Offline and semester based|
|Eligibility||Graduation in Chemistry or related fields such as Zoology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Microbiology, and Biotechnology with a minimum of 60 percent score|
|Admission process||Graduation + qualifying entrance exam (OUCET/CUCET/IIT JAM)|
|Course fee||INR 5000- 2 lakhs|
|Average salary||INR 1-10 lakhs|
|Top recruitment agencies||Plastics, Polymer Companies, Military Research Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Companies, Petrochemical Companies, Colleges, Universities, Research Organization, Perfume Industries, Agrochemical Companies,|
|Job positions||Chemistry Content Writer, Scientific Data Entry Specialist, Chemical Business Analyst, Chemist, Synthetic Chemistry Scientist, Scientist, Quality Assurance Officer, Biochemistry Assistant Scientist, pharmacist|
Why MSc Industrial Chemistry?
M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry offers a wide variety of job opportunities in many organizations, each distinctive and equally important in the economics infrastructure of India. Hence, students can have many options in regards to their career and growth.
- Graduates may venture into agricultural industries and provide assistance by developing pesticides and fertilizers after researching the core components that are effective and do not harm the environment in any way.
- Graduates with this degree can seek employment with leading pharmaceutical companies and can work as scientists and researchers to contribute their efforts in developing vaccines and cures as well as medicine compatible with human and animal anatomy and physiology.
- Students can also work with metallurgical industries by engineering products via chemical methodology and creating sturdier goods that can sustain any damage or help in maximizing their duration via chemical processing.
- Petrochemical industries are always in need of personnel who have knowledge of chemical technology and can process such techniques into manufacturing and extraction of precious ores and petrochemicals. Hence, this degree offers good salary packages in this domain.
- Perfume and aromatherapy industries also require human resources that are fluent in chemical compositing to develop scents and incense for aromatherapy and aesthetic value. Hence, Industrial Chemistry graduates can have a flourishing career in this line of work by developing aromatic scents and perfumes.
- Apart from working in mainstream industries, students can also work as research associates and scientists to focus more on the academic side of Industrial Chemistry and can work on breakthrough projects by discovering new chemical products, composition and compounds.
- Candidates can also work in areas related to metal manufacturing and analysis by working on various metallurgical methods to improve existing components of metal industry by applying new techniques of chemical engineering and theories.
- Aspirants can always work in new age sectors such as toxicologists and forensics experts by application of chemical engineering techniques to yield favorable and possible results.
Essential skills required for this degree program
- Candidates who are dedicated and determined to study extensive procedures of Chemistry and related sciences as well as have a genuine interest in studying various chemical composition and their tendencies in extreme depth.
- Candidates who possess analytical skills with a strong grasp on chemical principles and practices, as well as are fluent in carrying out experimental work with ease and safety.
- Candidates who are interested in pursuing challenging work careers and can have a stable mind while meeting daily experimental and theoretical chemical practices to create innovative products.
MSc Industrial Chemistry: Syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Analytical chemistry||Chemistry of natural products|
|Physical chemistry||Organic chemistry II|
|Organic chemistry||Organic chemistry III|
|Paints and pigments and biochemical||Polymer science I and medicinal chemistry|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Spectroscopy||IPR,TQM and technology management|
|Unit operations||Advanced instrumental techniques|
|Polymer science II Medicinal chemistry II||Organic chemistry IV|
|Pesticides Pharmaceutics||Petrochemicals, Oils and soaps, Medicinal chemistry III|
BSc in Industrial Chemistry vs MSc Industrial Chemistry
|Parameters||BSc in Industrial Chemistry||MSc in Industrial Chemistry|
|Overview||BSc in Industrial Management is an undergraduate course that caters to the basics of chemistry and its related sciences and covers the initial stages of Industrial Chemistry processes and theories||M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry is a post graduate level course program which is equipped with detailed processes and information on various industrial chemicals composition and methods with emphasis being laid on individual industry and their needs and requirements.|
|Average starting salary||INR 1-7 lakhs||INR 1-12 lakhs|
|Duration||3 years||2 years|
MSc Industrial Chemistry: Job Prospects and Career Opportunities
MSc in Industrial Chemistry has plenty of options for students to explore and develop their skills and experience. Graduates can be employed with commercial as well as leading medicinal industries on salary basis and can also be acknowledged for their knowledge and expertise.
- Candidates can work as research associates in leading agricultural and pharmaceutical companies. Such companies are always in search of valuable human resources which can contribute in preparing meticulous research work in prescribed formats for experimentation purposes. Hence, research attributes are highly appreciated in this line of work.
- Candidates can also work as content writers and contributors who are engaged in writing articles and columns for leading newspapers and online websites to provide information to masses on common chemicals processes to ensure marketing and advertising strategies as well as spreading awareness in regards to alternate options.
- Candidates can also work in the perfume and scent industry by working on developing aromatic scents derived from different sources and producing scents of wide variety for sale.
- Agrochemicals and polymers as well as plastic industries can hire graduates to undertake their administration and management to ensure quality standards production and distribution.
- Military research wing also requires personnel who can aid their research capabilities in developing secure weaponry and safety equipment’s aid in improving the medicine sector. Hence employment in research and development under the military can also be a viable option.
- Students can also gain recognition by working as chemists in major organizations and work on conducting experimentation to produce cures and medications for existing illnesses and health issues.
- Candidates can also work in pharmaceutical companies as pharmacists to issue medication and dosage in collaboration with physicians and doctors to aid health anomalies and issues.
- Candidates can also work in the dye and paint industry to develop dyes and paint composition as well as for aesthetic purposes such as drawing and sketching as well as paints for house interiors and walls.
- Textile industry also offers opportunities to work on producing quality textile work, management and tools to process chemical proceedings to provide good quality clothing and apparels
- Industrial Chemistry graduates can also work in the pulp and paper industry and play a key role in production of rubber and paper on a massive scale and distributing it to other related industries.
|Name of the job||Description of the Job||Average salary|
|Pharmacist||Pharmacists are individuals engaged in preparation of medicines and vaccines with proper knowledge of chemical composition required by each individual after studying their intensity of symptoms and then prescribe the exact amount needed to cure the illness. Pharmacists issue medication after consulting with leading doctors and healthcare professionals in order to interpret correct dosage.||INR 2-3 lakhs|
|Chemist||Chemists as the name suggests are individuals involved with preparation of various medicines or any potential product by conducting experimentation in a laboratory settings to yield possible results and prepare various aids in preparation of various commodities by performing various chemical analysis and experiments.||INR 2-4 lakhs|
|Aromatic and incense experts||Such individuals are employed in the industry of perfume and contribute their chemical analysis skills in developing essential oils and scents derived from natural and chemical sources for sale in India and abroad. Such scents are also used in manufacturing of various aromatherapy incense sticks and smell and cater to aesthetic lifestyle.||INR 2-6 lakhs|
|Forensic scientist||Industrial Chemistry graduates can also seek employment in forensic department of leading government and private enterprises to work on forensics reports and analysis of field data by studying evidence of all kinds pertaining to chemical analysis to determine conclusions.||INR 2-8 lakhs|
|Content writer||Industrial Chemistry graduates can work as content writers and contribute their columns and articles to leading newspapers and websites to secure client base and also to spread awareness on common chemical practices. This can also be a tool of effective marketing strategy hence, candidates can earn money and fame in this field.||INR 2-7 lakhs|
|Research associates||Research associates are candidates that work extensively in generating essential data and experimentation to aid industries such as petrochemical, agrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, drinking and beverage, foods and processing, etc., and help them in production of various chemically induced commodities which are safe for consumption or usage.||INR 2-9 lakhs|
MSc Industrial Chemistry: Future Scope
M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry is a vast field of work and consists of many options available due to widespread popularity and universal theories that are applicable and used thoroughly in each sector of the World.
- M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry graduates can always pursue higher learning and education and can procure their doctorate degree and work as professors and lecturers in scientific institutions.
- M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry graduates have immense scope in the polymer and plastic industry by studying ways to enhance existing industries through new age technology and knowledge and also by applying sustainable methods to produce goods.
- Candidates can also explore options in metallurgical industries by working as experts and producing commodities with longer duration and resistant to any external and internal hazards.
- Aspirants who wish to have a career in medicine making can work as an effective chemist or pharmacist and can study medicinal compositions for a living to aid in making medicines of all sorts by conducting lab experiments and compatibility.
- M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry graduates can also work as independent pharmaceutical experts by opening their own pharmacy and selling medicines with proper knowledge and after acquiring a license.
- Aspirants can also work as lab technicians responsible for taking care of various types of chemicals and equipment and practicing safety measures in the lab to procure favorable responses.
- Graduates can work in leading scientific institutions as toxicologists, who work on various toxic chemicals and prepare reports on their harmful and essential aspects to administer their usage in various commodities in limited ways.
- Graduates can also pursue stable jobs in the petrochemical industry and can help such organizations by studying effective extraction techniques and methods to prolong the shelf life of such precious natural resources.
- M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry graduates can also work in leading perfume industries and develop exotic scents and smells as well as oils to aid the aromatherapy industry and cater to the luxurious lifestyle of aesthetic senses.
- Aspirants can also work in the food and beverage industry and work as experts studying safe consumption methods and techniques to provide longevity to the perishable commodities and developing new flavors and textures.
- M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry graduates are highly valued in the field of research and analysis by preparing various chemical processes and conducting experiments in labs to yield favorable results and are often hired by organizations to conduct research on their behalf and make new products and commodities.
MSc Industrial Chemistry: FAQs
Ques. What is Industrial Chemistry?
Ques. What is the eligibility of M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry?
Ques. What sort of entrance examination is mandatory to seek admission in this course program?
Ques. What is the scope of M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry?
Ques. What kind of sectors or industries offer employment to M.Sc. Industrial Chemistry graduates?
Ques. What are the entrepreneurial aspects of M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry course?
Ques. What is the average salary of Industrial Chemistry graduates?
Ques. What should I do after M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry?
Ques. Can I get a good job after M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry?
Ques. What are the other related subjects through which students can secure admission in M.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry program?