MSc Admission 2021 has begun for several universities and colleges. While some universities offer admission to the MSc course on the basis of an entrance exam, some universities consider the students performance in their undergraduate program.
The FRI Msc Entrance Exam has been postponed for MSc Admission 2021 due to the rise in Covid-19 cases.
MSc is a 2-year postgraduate degree designed for students who want to continue their academic careers. MSc helps aspirants in attaining an in-depth knowledge of that particular course through elaborated theoretical and practical knowledge.
Students need to acquire a minimum of 50-60% marks in their graduation level to be eligible for the MSc course.
MSc admission is granted based on the student’s performance in the entrance exams. The most common MSc entrance exams 2021 for admission to MSc are BITSAT, JNUEE, TISS NET, etc.
Colleges such as JSS University, St. Xavier’s Kolkata, and a few others also offer direct MSc admissions based on the student’s UG merit or other equivalent examination.
MSc Admission 2021: Top Colleges
|Top M.Sc Colleges||Admission Criteria||Application Deadline|
|Miranda House, Delhi||Entrance Exam||1st of June, 2021|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi||Entrance Exam||June 2021|
|St. Stephen’s College, Delhi||Entrance Exam||June 22, 2021|
|Presidency College, Chennai||Entrance Exam||April 21, 2021|
|Loyola College, Chennai||Entrance Exam||To be Notified|
|St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata||Entrance Exam||October 14, 2021|
|Ramkrishna Mission Vidyamandira, Howrah||Entrance Exam||1st week of July, 2021|
|Hansraj College, Delhi||Entrance Exam||June 2021 (Tentatively)|
|PSGR Krishnammal College for Women, Coimbatore||Merit Based||To be Notified|
|Rama Krishna Mission Vivekananda Centanary College, Rahara||Entrance Exam||July 2021 (Tentatively)|
MSc Admission Process 2021
The MSc admission will be provided through MSc entrance examinations 2021. Here are the steps that will guide you through the MSc Admission process 2021.
Step 1: Choose MSc colleges in which you want to acquire admission. Check their application process period and MSc online form last dates 2021.
Step 2: For the colleges that are offering admission through the entrance exams, candidates are required to register and apply for the exam first..
Step 3: Pay the application fee after filling the entrance exam with the required details.
Step 4: Post-confirmation, download the application form for future reference.
Step 5: Keep an eye on the official website of the examination/college for admit cards and other vital notifications.
Step 6: After qualifying the entrance exams, students will need to fill the application form of the selected college(s) along with personal details such as entrance exams score, academic qualification, etc.
Step 7: If the students successfully achieve the college’s eligibility criteria, they will be called for a written test or interview session (direct admissions) to finalize the admission process.
Step 8: To secure admission, students will be required to pay the college’s admission fees.
MSc Entrance Exams 2021
|MSc Entrance Exams||Conducting Body||Registration||Exam Dates||Exam Mode|
|JNUEE||National Testing Agency||March 2021||May 2021||Online|
|BHU PET||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi||February 2021||May 2021||Offline|
|BITSAT||BITS Pilani||December 2020||May 2021||Online|
|TISS NET||Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)||November 2020||February 2021||Online|
|DUET||Delhi University Entrance Test||March 2021||June 2021||Online|
MSc Registration 2021 Essential Documents
- 2 Passport sized Photos
- Education Qualifications (Both Class 10 & Class 12)
- School Leaving Certificate.
- Extra-curricular Activity Certificates (if Any)
- Certificate of Caste if belonging to the SC/ST or OBC category.
- Physical Disability Certificate by an authorized Medical Officer. (in Any)
- Domicile Certificate
MSc Entrance Exams 2021 Best Preparation Tips
Here are a few points to help you in clearing the MSc entrance exams:
- Prepare thoroughly for the general aptitude and general science. We suggest you start your preparation 2 years in advance.
- Solve and practice last year’s question paper, apart from the model tests which are available on their official websites or on the internet.
- Mock tests should be given in case of online exams to get a hang of the computer-based entrance tests.
- In almost all the MSc Entrance exams, usually 60% questions are simple, 20% are relatively analytical and 20% are extremely difficult.
MSc Entrance Exam 2021 Guidelines to Follow
- Candidates are advised to reach the exam centre at least an hour prior to the examination
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to go through the security procedures
- Students are prohibited from bringing any electronic gadgets into the exam hall such as calculators, smartwatch, pagers, mobile phones, etc.
- Candidates are advised not to carry any of the following items into the examination centre such as bags, books, pens, pencil boxes, writing pad, etc.
MSc Admission Counselling Process 2021
Students will need to attend the college’s counselling process if their name appears on the merit list of the college. Students will be called as per their ranks( which includes quota ranks).
Candidates need to choose their choice of courses in the counselling process. Admission of the candidates will depend on the applicant’s rank, preferences, as well as the availability of seats.
The MSc admission counselling process will be held in three rounds that are:
- First and Second Round of counselling in which the total number of students will be eight times the number of available seats.
- Final and round open round which will be done in offline mode.
- Seat allocation will be done post counselling based on the student’s merit and other factors such as quota, eligibility, etc.
- Seats will be allocated based on the order: UR / ST / SC / OBC / EWS.
If seats remain unfilled after the final and open round of counselling, those seats shall be filled via spot counselling. The spot counselling details shall be released on the respective college’s official website.
Documents Needed During MSc Admission Counselling Process 2021
- Registration slip
- Admit card issued by the college
- 2 colour passport size photograph
- Certificate from the Board showing date of birth
- Certificate showing registration as a nurse and midwife from Indian Nursing Council (For M.Sc Nursing candidates)
- NOC if the candidate is already employed with the Central / State Govt / Public Undertaking
- Relevant degree of certificate from recognized university that shows the fulfillment of eligibility
- Proof of passing the qualifying examination
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
MSc Admission 2021: FAQs
Ques. When will the registration process for MSc Admission 2021 begin?
Ans. The registration process for MSc Admission 2021 has begun from November 2021.
Ques. Is any of the MSc entrance exams 2021 postponed?
Ans. No, none of the MSc entrance exams 2021 has been postponed.
Ques. Is direct admission available for MSc Admission 2021?
Ans. Yes, few colleges such as JSSIR, and St. Xaviers, Kolkata, offers admission based on the student’s UG merit.
Ques. Are the exam patterns for MSc admission 2021 different then the previous years entrance examinations?
Ans. No, the pattern for entrance examinations remains unchanged. Although, students should regularly check the college’s/entrance exam conducting body’s official website for admission related updates.