MTech CSE: What You Need to Know?
M.Tech is a postgraduate degree of two years. It is one of the most demanding courses among the Computer Science and Engineering World.
This course covers all aspects of technicality related to programming and software development. There is option for specialization like Cloud Computing, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Database Management Techniques
Know More About Computer Courses
The relevancy with the Bachelor Degree is important while choosing the field and the colleges. Admissions for MTech CSE is based on entrance exams.
MTech CSE Top Colleges and Fees
|College||Average Annual Fee|
|IIT Kharagpur||INR 2,30,000|
|IIT Madras||INR 2,10,000|
|IIT Delhi||INR 52900|
|IIT Bombay||INR 32,000|
|NIT Trichy||INR 99,250|
The average fee of MTech CSE ranges from INR 1,50,000 to 2,24,000. After completion candidates join various firms or companies as a System Analyst, Web Developer, Software Development Engineer.
The average annual salary of an M.Tech graduate starts from INR 3,90,000 to 6,00,000.The most common employment area is Information Technology. Higher education is offered in this field i.e. PhD.
See more: Top MTech CSE Colleges in India
What is the MTech CSE Admission Process?
The admission is mostly carried out through the entrance examination or merit basis.
- Candidates need to apply for the given entrance examination after satisfying the eligibility condition.
- The institute will declare the result and release their cut off.
- Candidates can also have merit based admission on the basis of the marks obtained in the Bachelor's Degree.
- The candidate having greater percentage or aggregate marks in their UG will be preferred.
- Similarly after the verification of documents and a small interview session candidates will be given admission.
What is the MTech CSE Eligibility Criteria?
The minimum eligibility criteria for MTech Computer Science and Engineering are given below:
- Candidates should complete their B.Tech, BCA, BSc from a recognized university.
- Minimum 55% aggregate marks in the last qualifying exam.
Which are the MTech CSE Top Entrance Exams?
For the M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering admission there are two entrance examinations which are GATE and CET.
- GATE: It is a CBT which is conducted once every year. GATE is a combination of multiple choice and numerical based questions.
- PGCET: Candidates can claim seats in Hyderabad Karnataka region.
- UPSEE: It is conducted by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University. The mode of the examination is online while certain changes can be observed in the exam centre. It is a state level examination for entrance into Uttar Pradesh colleges and Universities. It is a three hour long examination.
- TANCET: The conducting body is Anna University on behalf of Tamil Nadu Government.
|Exam Name||Mode||Application Period||Exam Date|
|GATE||Online||September 1- October 07, 2020||February 6 - 7, 13 - 14, 2021|
|PGCET||Offline||May 10 - 16, 2021||July 1 - 5, 2021|
|UPSEE||Online||March 2021||September 2021|
|TANCET||Offline||April 2021||May 2021|
How to Prepare for MTech CSE Entrance Exams?
In order to clear the cut off of the entrance exam for M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering,the candidates must prepare beforehand.
- Aspirants must be aware of the exam pattern and the syllabus of these entrance exams.
- The syllabus of PGCET/GATE conducted nationally can be the ideal syllabus to prepare for entrance.
- Last five year question paper can be solved for better preparation.
- Make it a habit to read newspapers and information related to the latest technology related to Computer Science .
- Best Books for practising for the Entrance for MTech in CSE are:
|GATE Computer Science and Information Technology 2021||Trishna|
|Aptitude and Reasoning for GATE 2021||Hemant Jain and OnlineVerdan|
|GATE 2021: Computer Science and IT Engineering Previous Years Solved Papers||MADE EASY Editorial Board|
|GATE 2021 Practice Booklet 1116 Expected Questions with Solutions for Computer Science and Information Technology Volume I||Subject Experts of ACE Engineering Academy|
How to Get Admission in a Reputed MTech CSE College?
The stream Computer Science and Engineering is almost equivalent to Indian Institute of Technology which has 17 campuses throughout the country.
- Candidates should sort their college of preference on the basis of the topics taught in curriculum, Faculty, Placement, Fee and the Location.
- After selecting the top five schools, applicants must periodically review the update on the following college's website.
- The documents listed should be noted and uploaded with the right file size and format accordingly.
- According to the syllabus, focused strategic planning would definitely assist the applicant in clearing the cut off.
- To clear the GD round or Personal Interview aspirants need to brush up the basic concepts of Programming,Information Technology and revise the trends and innovation in the last few months.
See More: MTech CSE Cut-Off
MTech CSE: What is it About?
M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering is one of the specialized degrees in the Masters Programme for Computer Science enthusiasts.
- It is an ideal course for students who are more inclined towards the technological aspect in their Bachelor in Computer Science Degree.
- The course makes the students to have a good understanding of the theoretical foundations and limits of computing, adapting to existing models, techniques, algorithms and data structures.
- The programme develops an ability to undertake original research in cutting edge computer science and related areas.
- Elective papers include Modern Algorithm Design, Randomised Algorithm, Graduate Algorithm with Computer Architecture and Programme Analysis.
MTech CSE: Course Highlights
This is the basic information candidates need to know before opting for MTech CSE:
|Course Level||Postgraduate Level|
|Full-Form||M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering|
|Examination type||Semester Based|
|Eligibility||BTech/BSc in Computer Science with 55% marks|
|Admission Process||Entrance Test|
|Course Fee||INR 1,50,000|
|Average Salary||INR 6,00,000|
|Top Recruiters||Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Mastercard, Facebook, HCL, Mahindra etc|
|Job Profile||Software Development Engineer, Web Developer, Network Specialist, System Engineer, Coder.|
Why Study MTech CSE?
This course offers diversity which can be the reason for opting M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Well-designed curriculum, addressing both the technical and web creation elements of database administration.
- In addition to providing diversity, applicants will be put in top notch organisations after graduation from this course, while the top colleges work closely with the recruiters.
- There is also a provision for study in India or abroad for candidates who wish to continue academic research.
- M.Tech in CSE is the most sought after course for the candidate who has an artistic vision with an innovative mind.
Course Comparison: MTech CSE vs MCA
Two of the popular Masters in Computer Science & Engineering and Masters Computer Application are evaluated through different parameters as mentioned below
|Course||Master of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering.||Master of Computer Application|
|Overview||It focuses mainly on the technological aspect of Computer Network, Cyber Security and Cloud Computing.||It has specialisation in computer applications like networking, hardware and software .|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance Test||Entrance Test|
|Course Fee||INR 2,00,000||INR 80,000|
|Eligibility||Bachelors with 55% marks||Bachelors with 55% marks|
|Syllabus||Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Image Processing, Embedded System, Data Mining, Financial Information Systems.||Programming in C, Object Oriented Programming in C ++, Discrete Mathematics, Java Programming, Computer Graphics, Design and Analysis of Algorithms.|
|Top Institutes||IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, NIT Trichy||Anna University, Vellore Institute of Technology, NIT Trichy|
|Job Profile||Web Developer, Software Developer and System Engineer||Network Engineer, Software Engineer, Teacher|
|Average Annual salary||INR 4,00,000 – 7,00,000||INR 4,00,000 - 6,00,000|
Which are the MTech CSE Top Colleges/Universities?
Some of the top Master of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering with average annual fee and placement package is mentioned
|College Name||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|IIT Kharagpur||INR 2,30,000||INR 4,00,000 - 6,00,000|
|NIT Trichy||INR 99,250||INR 3,20,000 - 5,00,000|
|IIT Bombay||INR 32,000||INR 3,80,000 - 6,00,000|
|IIT Madras||INR 2,10,000||INR 4,00,000 - 6,00,000|
|IIT Delhi||INR 52,900||INR 4,00,000 - 6,00,000|
|IIT Roorkee||INR 30,500||INR 3,00,000 - 5,00,000|
|IIT BHU||INR 36,815||INR 3,00,000 - 5,00,000|
MTech CSE: College Comparison
Some of the Top Colleges offering MTEch in Computer Science and Engineering are compared on different parameters:
|PARAMETERS||IIT Hyderabad||IIT Madras||IIT Bombay|
|Overview||It is a public technical and research institute established in 2008 specialising in B.Tech/M.Tech in CSE.||One of best engineering colleges in India with the best of faculties though the admission cut off is quite stringent.||It is one of the oldest IITs with the best quality design education,high impact dedicated Research.|
|Eligibility||BTech with 55% in Computer Science and Engineering||BSc/BTech with minimum 55% aggregate||BE/BTech with minimum 55%|
|Admission process||Entrance based||Entrance based||Entrance based|
|Average Fee||INR 99,250||INR 2,11,000||INR 2,31,000|
|Average Salary||INR 5,00,000 - 7,00,000||INR 4,00,000 - 8,00,000||INR 4,00,000 - 7,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Intel, Jacobs Engineering, Evonik, Chemicals Ltd and Godavari Fertilizers.||Shell, Chevron, Henkel, Reliance Industries Limited, Rio Tento.||Hindustan Unilever, Larson and Toubro Ltd, Oil and Natural Gas Co, Bharat Petroleum Co. Ltd.|
What is the MTech CSE Syllabus ?
M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering syllabus is given below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Algorithm Design and Analysis||Data Communication and Computer Network|
|Advanced Database Management Systems||Modelling and Simulation of Digital Systems|
|Statistical Modelling for Computer Sciences||Forensic Computing|
|Data Security||Document Image Processing and Compression|
|Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems||Decision Management Systems|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Data Mining and Business Intelligence||Cryptography and Cryptanalysis|
|Fuzzy Logic and Application||Natural Language Processing|
|Predictive Modelling||Big Data Analytics|
|GPU Architecture and Programming||Computer Vision|
|Project Work – Phase I||Project Work – Phase II|
Which are the Important MTech CSE Books?
Some of the essential academic books that will help the students in better understanding of the subjects of MTech CSE.
|5G NR: Architecture, Technology, Implementation and Operation of the 3GPP New Radio Standards||Sassan Ahmadi|
|Geoinformatics||A M Chandra|
|Turbo Coding for Satellite and Wireless Communication||M.Reza Solaymani,Yingzi Gao|
|Tancet Computer Science and Engineering & IT||Kathavarayan,S.Niza,U.Suresh|
|Cyber Security Intelligence and Analytics||Zheng Xu,Reza M. Parizi|
|Health 4.0: How virtualization and big data are revolutionizing healthcare||Christoph Thuemmler and Chunxue Bai|
What are the MTech CSE Job Profiles?
One can shift from private firms to Government Ministry i.e. Ministry of Information Technology anyday.Creative individuals with good technical skill can make a lucrative amount from these jobs. Here are few of the job profiles of M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering Graduate
|Job Role||Job Description||Average Annual Fee|
|Software Development Engineer||Working and Developing new designs by testing different types of software .||INR 6,00,000 - 8,00,000|
|System Analyst||The one who is responsible for solving all the queries related to software and hardware in improving the IT.||INR 1,50,000 - 4,00,000|
|System Administration||They install,support,maintain servers and other computer systems in project development.||INR 3,00,000 - 6,00,000|
|Web Developer||They look, design the layout of the website and need to have a better understanding of computer programming.||INR 4,50,000 - 6,00,000|
|Data Analyst||They scrutinize and analyse the data from different platforms.||INR 5,00,000 - 7,00,000|
|Cyber Security Specialist||They ensure the cyber security of various tech giants and platforms and work closely with information disclosure.||INR 5,00,000 - 8,00,000|
|Technical Writer||They specifically research a technical field and create an article out of the research.||INR 4,00,000 - 6,00,000|
What is the MTech CSE Future Scope?
With the trend of sustainability the computer science engineers are constantly working on upgrading their range by using more environment friendly materials and textiles and reducing the production cost to make things more affordable.
- A senior in the industry can earn upto Billions after few years of experience and fame.Some of the professions of the IT world that a candidate with a specialization can work are Investigation Department (Cyber Security), Tech Companies(Data Analytics), Data Encroaching and Archiving
- The candidates who want to pursue PhD also have a variety of options and a great career path .Few of the courses after MTech are MBA, PhD (Computer Science and Engineering), PGDM, so on.
MTech CSE: FAQs
Ques. What is a Master of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering?
Ques. Are there good job prospects for computer science engineers?
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering?
Ques. What is the fee of M.Tech in CSE course?
Ques. What is the impact of Covid-19 in the admission process?
Ques. What are employment areas for the candidate completing M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering?
Ques. What is the average annual salary of a Computer Science and Engineering Masters graduate as a fresher?