MVSc Livestock Production and Management deals with the theory, applications and techniques of Applied Geology field in order to enhance the productivity of particular crops with novel innovations.
It is a 2 year undergraduate course in the engineering field which caters the knowledge about the technical aspects to identify new engineering methods and policies making the field more profitable and efficient.
Admissions to MVSc Livestock Production and Management is done on the basis of entrance examination conducted seither by the state body or central examination body like GATE, UPTU etc. followed by a counselling procedure by the college or university itself.
See more: Top Mtech Agricultural Colleges in India
The average fee structure for this course ranges from INR 30,000 to 75,000 per annum which depends upon the colleges. There are ample of future prospects after MVSc Livestock Production and Management including breeder, agronomist, corporate sales manager, research scientist etc.
Aspirants who wish to study further for the in depth knowledge and specialisation in the course can also apply for MPhil or PhD Course in the similar field leading to higher packages and better job prospects.
MVSc Livestock Production and Management Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate Course|
|Full Form||Masters of Technology in Applied Geology|
|Examination Type||Semester Examinations|
|Eligibility||Candidate with Bachelor’s degree (B.E./ B.tech) in the similar specialisation from a recognized university with minimum 60% aggregate marks|
|Admission Process||Merit Based/ Entrance Examination|
|Course Fee||INR 30,000 – INR 75,000|
|Average Salary||INR 1,50,000 – 3,00,000|
|Job Positions||Breeder, Agronomist, Corporate Sales Manager, Research Scientist etc|
What is the MVSc Livestock Production and Management Admission Process?
Admissions to MVSc Livestock Production and Management Engineering are strictly done on the basis of the candidate in entrance examination like GATE or university level examination followed by a personal interview round. Moreover, there are no merit based admissions offered in the technical course of MVSc Livestock Production and Management Engineering.
Following is a step wise procedure for taking admissions in MVSc Livestock Production and Management:-
- Keep an update about the important dates like registration and examination date from the official portal of the university.
- Check for the entrance examination form on the official website of the examination conducting body.
- Fill the form with the appropriate details and attach the requisite documents for completion of registration form.
- Submit the examination registration form and download the admit card for the same.
- Appear for the respective entrance examination to hold a valid score for passing the eligibility criteria for the admissions.
- Register for the admissions on the official college portal and submit your entrance examination score.
- Check for the merit list as per the entrance examination score and know about the cut off marks for selection.
- After getting a place in the merit list, appear for the personal interview round and reserve a seat in the respective college.
What is the MVSc Livestock Production and Management Eligibility Criteria?
Aspirants should pass the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for admissions in MVSc Livestock Production and Management:
- Any candidate with Bachelor’s degree (BE/ BTech) in the relevant field, be it Applied Geology engineering or any similar course from a recognized university with minimum aggregate marks of 60% is eligible for this course.
- Candidates should have passed the entrance examination to hold a valid score for admission procedure in the colleges
What are MVSc Livestock Production and Management Entrance Examinations?
MVSc Livestock Production and Management Engineering is a technical course in which admissions are done only on the basis of marks scored by a candidate in any of the following entrance examination:-
GATE: Most popular entrance exam for MTech, GATE lets a candidate appear for entrance examination in any specialization as per the eligibility and the course to be pursued.
UPSEE: All the universities and colleges in UP grants admission to various Mtech courses on the basis of UPSEE.
The dates of application and examination for the above-mentioned examinations are mentioned in the table below.
|Exam Name||Exam Date||Mode of Exam||Conducting Body|
|GATE 2021||February 6,7,13 and 14, 2021||Online||IIS & IIT|
|VITMEE 2021||May,2021||Online||Vellore Institute of Technology|
|UPSEE 2021||First Week of May 2021||Online||Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University|
How to prepare for MVSc Livestock Production and Management entrance examinations?
All the entrance examinations which are being considered for admissions in MVSc Livestock Production and Management are similar and follow an objective evaluation based upon the basic mathematics, and Applied Geology field questions
Below listed are some tips that can be considered useful for cracking the entrance examination:-
- Know your capabilities and judge yourself as per the examination pattern followed for MVSc Livestock Production and Management.
- Keep a strong hold on mathematics and subject matter along with some basic chemistry expertise.
- Keep practicing multiple choice questions for better understanding.
- Research well about the course curriculum and divide the syllabus properly to have a systematic study.
- Have a strong command of language for counselling sessions and interviews.
- It is really useful to solve various mock and previous year question papers in order to enhance your pace and time management skills.
How to get admission in a good college offering MVSc Livestock Production and Management?
Below are some points which should be considered for getting admissions in a good MVSc Livestock Production and Management college: -
- Prepare well for the entrance examination for scoring well in the examination and for reserving a seat in a reputed MVSc Livestock Production and Management college.
- Practice for the group discussion and interview round with a fluency on language and knowledge domain.
- The colleges got to be selected as per the preference. Know all the requisites of the specified college to take admission therein particular college.
- Keep your work experience handy for scoring good marks within the collected entrance exam and counselling round.
- Keep a track on the registration dates and counselling dates for not missing on any important details.
What is the MVSc Livestock Production and Management Syllabus?
Semester Wise Syllabus which is followed by most of the university in the course of MVSc Livestock Production and Management is:-
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Food Chemistry and Microbiology||Process Instrumentation and Control|
|Nursery Technology||Food Engineering –I|
|Principles of Analytical Chemistry||Refrigeration Engineering|
|Applied Mathematics||Crop Physiology|
|Fundamentals of Information Technology||Agricultural Microbiology|
|Fundamentals of Agricultural Meteorology||Principles of Agricultural Economics|
|English for Effective Communication||Engineering Properties of Biological Materials|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Biomass Utilization and Renewable Energy Management||Livestock and Aquaculture Food Products Processing|
|Commercial Production of Spices and Plantation Crops||Fundamentals of Soil Science|
|Fundamentals of Entomology||Industrial visit I (Fruit, Vegetable and Floriculture Industry)|
|Food Preservation Technology||Principles of Biotechnology|
|Principles of Seed Production and Quality control in agricultural crops||Seed production technology of agricultural crops|
|Livestock and Poultry Production Management||Fundamentals of Agribusiness Management|
|Farm Power and Machinery||Applied Statistics|
What are the MVSc Livestock Production and Management Important Books?
Below given are books which can be followed while studying MVSc Livestock Production and Management are-
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Elements of Agricultural Engineering||Jagdishwar Sahay|
|Soil and Water Conservation Engineering||R. Suresh|
|Introduction to Agricultural Engineering Technology : A problem solving technology||John Solie|
|A numerical approach in agricultural Engineering||Sanjay Kumar|
|Unit Operations of Agricultural Processing||K.M. Sahay|
Which are the top MVSc Livestock Production and Management Colleges?
The table below shows the best MVSc Livestock Production and Management colleges and universities that offer the course in a full-time mode.
|College/ University Name||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|Acharya Ng Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad||Entrance-Based||INR 14,400||INR 2,60,000|
|Sam Higginbottom Institute Of Applied Geology Technology and Sciences, Allahabad||Entrance/ Merit-Based||INR 70,000||INR 3,70,000|
|Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Tamil Nadu||Merit-Based||INR 22,854||INR 3,60,000|
|Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi||Entrance/ Merit-Based||INR 14,400||INR 5,40,000|
|Fergusson College, Pune||Entrance/ Merit-Based||INR 10,000||INR 3,40,000|
|Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana||Merit-Based||INR 12,990||INR 4,50,000|
|Annamalai University, Chennai||Merit-Based||INR 10,400||INR 3,80,000|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi||Merit-Based||INR 1,58,833||INR 4,67,000|
|Sir Choturam Institute of Engineering and Technology, Meerut||Entrance/ Merit-Based||INR 72,800||INR 5,40,000|
|College of Horticulture, Kerala Agricultural University, Kerala||Entrance/ Merit-Based||INR 18,000||INR 6,70,500|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Pune||Entrance/ Merit-Based||INR 50,500||INR 3,98,000|
MVSc Livestock Production and Management College Comparison
There are various colleges offering MVSc Livestock Production and Management. Below is a detailed comparison of top colleges for MVSc Livestock Production and Management
|College Name||Acharya Ng Ranga Agricultural University||Sam Higginbottom Institute Of Applied Geology Technology and Sciences|
|Overview||ANGRAU has been ranked 219 in all over India and it offers UG, PG, Ph.D and Polytechnic courses in streams like Agricultural Sciences, Engineering, Home Science, etc.||SHUATS was established in 1910 as is also known as the Allahabad Agricultural Institute.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 14,400||INR 70,000|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline||Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit Based/ Entrance Test||Merit Based + Personal Interview|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 3,00,000 to 6,00,000||INR 2,00,000 to 3,50,000|
MVSc Livestock Production and Management Vs MSc Horticulture
MVSc Livestock Production and Management and MSc Horticulture are two extensive research based courses related to science of plants and related technology, however the course structure is very different for both the courses.
Also check top MSc Horticulture Colleges in India here.
With a different subject approach in both the courses, below is the table differentiating both on various aspects:-
|Parameters||MVSc Livestock Production and Management||MSc Horticulture|
|Qualification||Masters of technology in Applied Geology||Masters of Science in Horticulture|
|Course Overview||MVSc Livestock Production and Management deals with the theory, applications and techniques of Applied Geology field in order to enhance the productivity of particular crops with novel innovations.||This course involves the study of plant harvesting including Breeding, Storage, Shortage of Vegetables and Fruits.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 30,000 – 75,000||INR 67,000 – 1,05,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 1,50,000 to 3,00,000||INR 2,00,000 – 6,00,000|
|Top Job Profiles||Applied Geology Officer, Assistant Plantation Manager, Agricultural Research Scientist, Applied Geology Development Officers, Applied Geology Technician, Agriculturists, Business Development Executive, Marketing Executive, etc.||Floriculturist, Pomologist, Olericulturist, Agronomist, Technical Advisor, Therapist etc|
What is the MVSc Livestock Production and Management Future Scope?
Some of the future prospects available after completing the course of MVSc Livestock Production and Management are:-
- Students with MVSc Livestock Production and Management can work in any private and public firms like Food processing industry, retail Applied Geology sector, nurseries etc.
- After MVSc Livestock Production and Management, students can work as breeder, agronomist, corporate sales manager, research scientist etc
- For higher studies, one can opt for MPhil, MBA or PhD in the similar specialization for enhancing a research based knowledge base.
- There are also some opportunities for working abroad after successful completion of this course.
What are the MVSc Livestock Production and Management Job Prospects and Career Option?
- There are a wide range of career opportunities open to successful MVSc Livestock Production and Management graduates such as Applied Geology Officer, Assistant Plantation Manager, Agricultural Research Scientist, Applied Geology Development Officers, Applied Geology Technician, Agriculturists etc.
- Among the major industries hiring such graduates are productions & sales, public gardens, marketing, research & development, landscape design, agricultural engineering, pest management etc.
Below is a detailed description about the Job opportunities after MVSc Livestock Production and Management and the salary trend:-
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Corporate Sales Manager||Corporate sales manager keeps a track and works on the sales of agricultural goods like fertilizers, hybrid crop seeds, and other equipment to the farmers.||INR 6,30,000|
|Research Scientist||Research scientist develops various novel and better technologies, hybrid crop seeds, along with technologically better equipments||INR 5,00,000|
|Lecturer/Professor||Lecturer or Professor works for imparting knowledge to the students in the requisite field. In case of agricultural engineering, a professor will bag a job for teaching the subjects related to the agricultural field.||INR 4,90,000|
|Field Officer||A field officer works with the farmers and takes care of the Backward Integration Programme.||INR 3,00,000|
|Breeder||Developing seeds and hybrid plants with research and development is what a breeder does.||INR 3,00,000|
|Agronomist||Soil mapping, Product Training, Fertilizer Consumption Pattern, Cropping schedule, Handling Technical Queries, Farmers Education, and similar tasks are taken care of by an agronomist.||INR 6,65,000|
|Farm Manager||A farm manager takes care of the management and maintenance of the farm. He also looks after the cultivating, harvesting and spraying of the crops.||INR 3,50,000|
MVSc Livestock Production and Management FAQs
Ques. What is the difference between MVSc Livestock Production and Management and Mtech Horticulture?
Ans. Horticulture covers all the technical aspects of flowers, fruits, vegetables and plants, however Applied Geology teaches the technical aspects about the crops, cereals and other agri products.
Ques. What can be done with MVSc Livestock Production and Management?
Ans. After MVSc Livestock Production and Management, one can work in the private or government sector as an Applied Geology Officer, Assistant Plantation Manager, Agricultural Research Scientist, Applied Geology Development Officers, Applied Geology Technician, Agriculturists, etc.
Ques. Is MVSc Livestock Production and Management hard?
Ans. Applied Geology is an extensive field with a basic field work required. It requires basic knowledge of all the agricultural commodities, its species and technical aspects of the same. However, it is not difficult for a person with a biology background.
Ques. Is MVSc Livestock Production and Management all about agri products?
Ans. MVSc Livestock Production and Management is only about agri products. It deals with scientific level practicality. It gives an in depth analysis of management, production, marketing, and technical issues about Applied Geology products or any other technology which is used in the same like irrigation etc.
Ques. What are the advanced courses which can be pursued after MVSc Livestock Production and Management?
Ans. After successful completion of Mtech in Applied Geology, a student can pursue MBA, MPhil or PhD in Applied Geology specialisation.
Ques. How common is MVSc Livestock Production and Management?
Ans. MVSc Livestock Production and Management is not very common in India but is gaining popularity with time. However, MVSc Livestock Production and Management holds a significant importance internationally.
Ques. What are the growth prospects after completing MVSc Livestock Production and Management?
Ans. In India, Applied Geology is gaining importance with time. It is estimated by various agencies that the growth of this field is likely to be doubled in just 10 years. Hence, an Applied Geology expert is likely to earn more with time and knowledge.
Ques. What is the basic fee structure in MVSc Livestock Production and Management?
Ans. The average annual fee for MVSc Livestock Production and Management course varies from INR 30,000 – 75,000 based on the college.
Ques. What are the documents required for admissions in MVSc Livestock Production and Management?
Ans. Following documents are required for admissions in MVSc Livestock Production and Management :-
- School leaving certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Domicile certificate/ residential proof or certificate
- Provisional certificate
- Character certificate
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Caste certificates
- Proof of disability (if any)
- Migration Certificate
- Passing certificate/ Degree certificate
- Age proof
- No objection Certificate
Ques. Is it compulsory to have Biology as a main subject in the 10+2 examination for MVSc Livestock Production and Management?
Ans. No, it is not compulsory to have biology as the main subject to pass the eligible criteria for admission in MVSc Livestock Production and Management.