What is MHRD?
Master of Human Resource Development or MHRD is a 2 year long postgraduate course which has gained much popularity in recent times.
The four semesters long course includes subjects like Human Behaviour, Organizational Behaviour, Labour Laws, Performance Appraisal and counselling, among others.
To be eligible for MHRD course, the candidates must complete their graduation, preferably in Science stream, with a minimum 50 percent aggregate marks. The candidates must also have very good communication skills.
See Also: Top MHRD Colleges in India
The admission to MHRD course is granted on the basis of entrance exam scores. Some colleges also take a personal interview after the entrance exam for final selection.
The average annual fees for studying MHRD in India varies between INR 25,000 to 4,00,000. Many reputed Management colleges offer this course, some of which are tabulated below.
|College Name||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Salary|
|Chaudhary Charan Singh University||Through UPSEE MBA||INR 55,000||INR 3,00,000|
|Andhra University||Entrance Based||INR 39,000||INR 7,00,000|
|Himachal Pradesh University||Through HPU MAT||INR 10,100||INR 6,00,000|
|Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University||Entrance Based||INR 21,450||INR 2,90,000|
|Veer Narmad South Gujarat University||Entrance Based||INR 43,280||INR 10,00,000|
After completing MHRD, a candidate may find work as Human Resource Managers, Recruiting Officers, Administrators, Human Resource Directors, Customer Relations Manager, among others.
The average annual salary offered to MHRD candidates generally ranges between INR 5,00,000 to 8,00,000. The salary may increase with experience and skill set.
After completing MHRD, if the candidates wish to study further, they can go for higher courses like PhD in Human Resources. They can also do some important certification courses on Soft Skills, Dispute Management, Ethics, etc.
What is the MHRD Admission Process?
The admission to MHRD course is generally granted on the basis of Entrance Exams, most of which are MBA and Management Entrance exams. The general admission procedure is discussed below.
- The candidates will have to apply in various MBA Entrance Exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, etc.
- After the entrance exam results are out, the candidates will have to apply to the colleges where they wish to take admission. If the scores of the candidates are high, then the colleges may also send admission letters to the candidates.
- Based on the ranks and marks in Entrance Exams, the colleges will shortlist the top colleges. These candidates will be sent call letters for further rounds of admissions.
- Most colleges nowadays take a Writing Ability Test of the shortlisted candidates to check the quality of their business writing and written communication.
- After qualifying WAT, the candidates may also have to apply in GD and PI rounds for final selection.
- If the candidates qualify all the rounds, they will ask to show all the relevant documents to prove their eligibility. The eligible candidates will be offered admission to the course.
What is the MHRD Eligibility Criteria?
The basic Eligibility Criteria for Admission to MHRD course is discussed below.
- The candidates must complete their graduation from a recognised university with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- The candidates with Science stream and Maths as a compulsory subject will be given preference.
- The candidates must be fluent in English and must have good communication skills.
- The candidates with relevant work experience and letters of recommendation will be given preference.
Which are the Top MHRD Entrance Exams?
Admission to MHRD course is generally granted on the basis of common MBA entrance exams like CAT, MAT, CMAT etc. Some of these exams are discussed in detail below.
- CAT: Common Admission Test is one of the most popular Entrance Exams in India as it is a direct gateway to all the IIMs.
- XAT: Xavier’s Aptitude Test is conducted by XLRI, and is accepted by more than 150 business schools in India.
- MAT: Management Aptitude Test is conducted by AIMA.
- CMAT: CMAT is conducted by the National Testing Agency for admission to MBA courses offered by all the AICTE approved colleges.
Some of the important dates related to these exams are tabulated below.
|Entrance Exam||Conducted By||Mode of Exam||Forms Released On||Last Date to Apply||Exam Date||Result Date|
|CAT||IIM Council||Online||August 05, 2020||September 23, 2020||November 29, 2020||January 2021|
|XAT||XLRI||Online||September 12, 2020||December 10, 2020||January 03, 2021||Yet to be announced|
|MAT||AIMA||Online/Offline||October 05, 2020||November 29, 2020||December 06, 2020||Yet to be announced|
|CMAT||NTA||Online||December 23, 2020||January 22, 2021||February 22 & 27, 2021||Yet to be announced|
How to Prepare for MHRD Entrance Exams?
To do well in these entrance exams, the candidates must keep in mind the following points:
- The candidates should focus on Quantitative Analysis, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning sections as these are highly mathematical sections involving a lot of complicated questions.
- They should improve their overall mathematical ability including calculation speeds in order to complete the paper on time.
- For the language comprehension section, the candidates must read and write a small passage or a paragraph regularly.
- They should also practice ample number of grammatical and comprehensive questions.
- The sample question paper of the exams give a general idea of the hardness level and the type of questions asked in the exams. The candidates must practice as many sample question papers as possible.
How to Get Admission in Top MHRD Colleges?
To get admission in top MHRD colleges, the candidates must keep in mind the following points.
- The candidates must score well above the cutoffs in the Entrance Exam so that they get good ranks as well.
- The candidates will have to prepare equally well for the WAT, GD and PI rounds also.
- For the WAT round, the candidates must practice writing business letters and short passages. They should maintain proper business style writing.
- They should appear confident during the GD and PI rounds. They should be fluent in their communication.
- They should highlight their prior achievements and good academic records as much as possible during the personal interview.
- The candidates must be very careful while filling up the application forms as any mistake may lead to cancellation of their candidature.
MHRD: What is it About?
MHRD is an important master degree course covering various aspects of Human Resource Development and Management in complete detail.
- The prime condition for becoming a good Human Resource Analyst is understanding human behaviour. This course will consist of important psychology topics like Human Behaviour, Organisational Behaviour, Behavioural Research, etc.
- Some of the important HR subjects taught in this course include Human Resource Development, Labour Laws, Performance Appraisal and Counselling, Salary Administration, etc.
- Along with these, the course will also include some basic management subjects like Business Economics, Businesses Communication, Organizational Development, among others.
- The main aim of the course is to develop candidates into good and understanding HR professionals with all the relevant knowledge about the current HR practices in the Industry.
- After completing the course, the candidates will be able to analyse human behaviour and interact better with the employees, which will help them become better HR Professionals.
MHRD: Course Highlights
The major highlights of the MHRD course are tabulated below.
|Full-Form||Master of Human Resource Development|
|Level of Study||Post Graduate|
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Eligibility||Graduate with minimum 50% marks|
|Admission Process||Entrance Based|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 25,000 to 4,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 5,00,000 to 8,00,000|
|Job Options||Human Resource Managers, Recruiting Officers, Administrators, Human Resource Directors, Customer Relations Manager, etc.|
|Areas of Employment||MNCs, Corporate Sector Companies, IT Industries, etc.|
Why Study MHRD?
The candidates should consider studying MHRD because of the following advantages.
- After completing the MHRD course, the candidates will easily find jobs as HR Professionals in any industry.
- HR is an important department and every industry employs a large number of HR Professionals. So, the candidates will never have a shortage of work in this field.
- The candidates will have multiple opportunities for studying and working abroad.
- The candidates can also go further research and research based higher studies in HR, including PhD in HR.
Course Comparison: MHRD vs MBA Human Resource Management
MHRD and MBA Human Resource are similar courses, but MBA focuses on the overall management aspect more than the Development aspect of Human Resource. The two courses have been compared in the table below.
|Parameters||MHRD||MBA Human Resource Management|
|Full Form||Master of Human Resource Development||Master of Business Administration in Human Resources Management|
|Overview||MHRD Course covers topics like Human Behaviour, Labour Laws, Human Resource Development, Performance Appraisal, etc. It mainly focuses on the employees working in an organisation, their training, development and handling.||MBA HRM also covers similar topics but along with these, it also covers some core business management topics. Also, unlike MHRD which focuses mainly on the human resource development and performance analysis, MBA HRM mainly focuses on the management of the employees in the industry.|
|Duration||2 years||2 years|
|Eligibility||Graduate with minimum 50% marks||Graduate with minimum 50% marks|
|Admission Process||Entrance Based||Entrance Based|
|Top Colleges||Andhra University, Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Himachal Pradesh University, etc.||IIM Ranchi, XLRI, NMIMS, TISS, etc.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 25,000 to 4,00,000||INR 5,00,000 to 20,00,000|
|Job Profiles||Human Resource Managers, Recruiting Officers, Administrators, Human Resource Directors, Customer Relations Manager, etc.||Human Resource Managers, Recruiting Officers, Administrators, Human Resource Directors, Customer Relations Manager, etc.|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 5,00,000 to 8,00,000||INR 5,00,000 to 15,00,000|
Which are the Top MHRD Colleges?
The top colleges for studying MHRD in India are listed in the table below.
|College Name||Average Annual Fees||Average Salary|
|Chaudhary Charan Singh University||INR 55,000||INR 3,00,000|
|Andhra University||INR 39,000||INR 7,00,000|
|Himachal Pradesh University||INR 10,100||INR 6,00,000|
|Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University||INR 21,450||INR 2,90,000|
|Purvanchal University||INR 30,000||INR 2,20,000|
|Veer Narmad South Gujarat University||INR 43,280||INR 10,00,000|
MHRD: College Comparison
The colleges offering MHRD are being compared below on the basis of Location, Fees, Salary, Admission Process, etc.
|Parameters||Chaudhary Charan Singh University||Andhra University||Himachal Pradesh University|
|Overview||Chaudhary Charan Singh University is a reputed government university in Meerut. The university was established in 1965. It is particularly famous for its Science stream courses.||Andhra University is one of the major public universities of Andhra Pradesh. It offers quality courses both in regular and distance modes. It is a Multidisciplinary university offering courses in Engineering, Management, Science and other domains.||Himachal Pradesh University is a public university in Shimla which was established in 1970. It is located in the beautiful Summer Hills and offers various courses at a very low fee.|
|Admission Process||Through UPSEE MBA||Entrance Based||Through HPU MAT|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 55,000||INR 39,000||INR 10,100|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 3,00,000||INR 3,60,000||INR 2,50,000|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, TCS, Infosys, etc.||DRDO, ISRO, TCS, Satyam, etc.||TCS, Wipro, Infosys, etc.|
What is the MHRD Syllabus?
The semester wise breakup of the subjects taught in the MHRD course are tabulated below.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles and Practices of Management||Management of Training and Development|
|Organizational Behaviour||Industrial Psychology and Sociology|
|Managerial Skills Development||Strategic Human Resource Management|
|Managerial Economics||Computer Applications in HRM - I|
|Business Ethics||Business Legislations|
|Quantitative Techniques||Research Methodology|
|Industrial Visits I||Industrial Visits II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Functional Areas in Management I||Dynamics of Human Resource Development|
|Labour Legislations||Wage and Salary Administration|
|International Human Resource Development||Employees Empowerment|
|Knowledge Management||Functional Areas in Management II|
|Management of Industrial Relations||Corporate Planning and Strategy|
|Computer Applications in HRM - II||Business Communications|
|Project||Human Resource Accounting and Auditing|
|Seminar and Presentation||Internship|
What are the MHRD Job Profiles?
After completing MHRD, the candidates will easily get jobs in any kind of Industry in the Human Resource Department. Some of the job profiles along with the average salary offered to these candidates are tabulated below.
|Job Profiles||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Human Resource Manager||Human Resource Managers manage all the employees in an organisation. They are responsible for recruitment, onboarding, payments, and training of the employees.||INR 7,00,000|
|Human Resource Officer||Human Resource Officers help in implementing the HR systems. They also regularly interact with the employees and help to solve their day to day problems.||INR 3,50,000|
|Human Resource Generalist||Human Resource Generalist is an important position which handles the overall management of the entire human resource of an organisation.||INR 3,75,000|
|Recruiting Officers||The main function of a recruiting officer is to interview and recruit suitable candidates for vacant positions.||INR 3,65,000|
|Office Administrators||Office Administrators are responsible for allocating work to the employees working in an office, their training and improvement.||INR 2,70,000|
|HR Directors||HR director is generally the highest person in the HR department of an organisation. They work to frame and maintain the HR policies of a company.||INR 20,00,000|
|Customer Relations Manager||Customer Relations Managers work to maintain a healthy relation between an organisation and their consumer base.||INR 3,61,000|
What is the MHRD Future Scope?
After completing MHRD course, the following options are available for the candidates.
- The candidates can do research based higher study courses like PhD in Human Resources. For admission to these courses, the candidates will have to appear and qualify in entrance exams like UGC-NET, UGC-CSIR-NET, etc.
- The candidates can also do various management courses like MBA after completing MHRD.
- Various certification courses on Business Communication, Business Ethics, Soft Skills, and other relevant skills are also available online. These courses can be pursued online through various platforms like NPTEL, EdX, Coursera, etc.
- The candidates can also apply for various government service examinations like UPSC.
Some of the relevant FAQs related to the MHRD course are discussed below.
Ques. What is the difference between MBA HRM and MHRD?
Ques. Is MHRD equivalent to MBA in HR?
Ques. Can I get jobs as HR Managers after completing MHRD?
Ques. Is it compulsory to graduate in the Science stream to be eligible for MHRD?
Ques. Does any Government college offer MHRD courses in India?
Ques. Can a BBA student apply for MHRD?