What is MPhil Clinical Psychology?
Master of Philosophy or MPhil in clinical psychology is a 2-Year post-graduation course. The Course is generally having 4 semesters but it can vary upon Institutions Rules and Regulations. For a Candidate to be eligible for this course a master's degree in clinical psychology is required. Mphil in clinical psychology course is available in both the programs that are regular and distance learning.
Know More About Psychology Course
The Course enables candidates to pursue a career in the field of clinical psychology. The ideology is based upon the concepts for giving candidates opportunities in the field of theoretical principles of clinical psychology as well as ensures experience with patients or clients in clinical setups After the completion of this course a candidate is eligible to practice clinical psychology in India according to NEF. The salary package of graduates in the course ranges from INR 3,00,000 to INR 4,00,000 -/ per annum. The fee structure for the course ranges between INR 2,00,000 to INR 5, 00,000 -/ per annum.
Some of the top college that provides BCom Co-operation courses is mentioned below along with the City, fee structure, and admission process:
|COLLEGE NAME||CITY||ADMISSION PROCESS||ANNUAL FEES|
|Amity University||Noida||Any National Level or respective State Level Exams OR Merit-Based (For more information on this Refer particular websites)||2,00,000|
|Shri Ram Chandra Institute of higher research and education||Chennai||150,000|
|Government Medical and college||Chandigarh||26,054|
An undergraduate degree gives a candidate the knowledge of a certain subject. Mphil in clinical Psychology program teaches candidates about how to impose that gained knowledge to the field of Clinical psychology. Those Candidates who are obtaining advanced degrees in this program also accompanies the experience as well as greater knowledge. Candidates who will be pursuing this degree will have the opportunity to work as a clinical psychological doctor approved by NEF.
MPhil Clinical Psychology Course Highlights
|Degree||Mphil in clinical psychology|
|Full-Form||Master of Philosophy in clinical psychology|
|Duration||Course Duration of Master of Philosophy in clinical psychology is of 2 Years.|
|Age||There is no specific age limit|
|Minimum Percentage||A minimum of 45% to 50% is required in graduation level with equivalent domain to be eligible for admission in the course|
|Subjects Required||(10+2) Science|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 25k to INR 2,00,000 -/ per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||All Medical field|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 15,000 to INR 4,00,000 -/ per annum|
|Employment Roles||After the successful completion of this course, a candidate is eligible to work in the sector of medicine. A successful candidate with clinical psychology can either open up his/her own setup or can work in any government and private hospitals|
MPhil Clinical Psychology Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the Mphil in clinical psychology program are mentioned below:
The candidate must have completed graduation with clinical psychology or equivalent with a minimum of 45% to 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university or board. The eligibility percentage varies as per different universities and colleges. Therefore, candidates are highly advised to visit the respective college website for further details.
What is MPhil Clinical Psychology Admission Process?
The admissions to Mphil in clinical psychology programs are based on both entrance examination and either national or state level or the University or college. Different colleges have a different perspective for evaluation, but mostly it is if a student scores above 45% to 50% in an entrance exam then the chances to get admission into the desired University or colleges are quite high. The Candidates who are applying for the Mphil in clinical psychology program must be having their graduation results from the respective board/ universities. There are certain universities in which Entrance Exams are required.
- Candidates can fill the admission form either from the college website or offline, by visiting the college campus.
- Candidates have to fill the required details along with the existing documents.
- Candidates are highly advised to have a look up on the list of Entrance Exams which are applicable for Mphil in clinical psychology as mentioned on websites of different Universities.
- Candidates must make sure that they qualify in the education eligibility criteria with the minimum required marks as per the particular evaluation process.
Check Out: Masters of Philosophy
MPhil Clinical Psychology Entrance Exams
There are a few universities and colleges in India which have an entrance exam for admission for this course. The detailed information about various entrance examinations is given below:
- Banaras Hindu University Research entrance test (BHU-RET): BHU-RET is an offline examination that is held for a duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes. This examination if for the post-graduation course. The Basic syllabus of graduation level is asked for post-graduates. This examination is in form of Multiple Choice Questions. BHU-RET is held once a year.
- DUET: Delhi University Entrance Test is an online entrance examination that is held for a duration of 2 hours. This examination is for all candidates who want to take admission in Delhi university affiliated colleges. To be eligible it is mandatory to clear the entrance test.
- Christ University EntranceTest (CU-ET): CU-ET is an online entrance test for the Undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Generally, the duration of this test is 2 hours and the format is Multiple Choice Questions are asked on the syllabus of (10+2) for undergraduates and graduate-level syllabus for postgraduates. The selection criteria to get selected in the university are based upon merit marks and qualifying the entrance examination.
- IPU CET 2020: Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test is an online entrance examination for both undergraduates and postgraduates. To be eligible to take admission to any of the Indraprastha university-affiliated colleges a candidate must qualify for this examination. The Duration of this entrance examination is 2 hours and 30 minutes. The charge for this entrance examination is INR 1200.
- NPAT 2020: it is an online entrance examination which accounts for a duration of 2 hours. The examination is computer-based which means multiple-choice questions are been asked. The syllabus for this examination is based upon (10+2) for Undergraduates and graduation level for Postgraduates.
- AMU Entrance Exam: The mode of entrance examination is online. The duration of this entrance examination is for 2 hours. The body conducting this entrance examination is Aligarh Muslim University for all UG and PG courses.
- Jamia Milia Islamia Entrance Exam: The Mode of entrance examination is offline. The duration of this examination is of 1 hour and 45 minutes. This university provides a special reservation to Muslim candidates. The body responsible for the conduction of this entrance test is Jamia Milia Islamia University.
A better and latest information and understanding of these entrance examinations can be given in the table shown below:
|ENTRANCE EXAM||DATE OF FORM PUBLISHED||LAST DATE FOR FORM SUBMISSION||EXAM DATE||RESULT DATE|
|Banaras Hindu University research entrance test- (BHU-RET)||30 Jan 2020||12 Mar 2020||16 Aug- 31 Aug 2020||To be Announced Soon|
|DUET||June 30, 2020||Aug 31, 2020||6 sep-11 Sep 2020||30 Sept 2020|
|Christ University EntranceTest (CU-ET)||03 Jan 2020||08 June 2020||13 June 2020||16 June 2020|
|IPU CET 2020||03 March 2020||11 Aug 2020||NOT DECLARED||NOT DECLARED|
|NPAT 2020||16 Dec 2019||12 May 2020||26 May – 28 May 2020||23 July 2020|
|AMU Entrance Exam||14 Aug 2020||21 Aug 2020||8 Nov 2020||NOT DECLARED|
|Jamia Milia Islamia Entrance Exam||21 Feb 2020||14 Sep 2020||NOT DECLARED||NOT DECLARED|
How to Prepare for a Master of Philosophy or MPhil in clinical psychology Entrance Exams?
A candidate needs to have good skills and knowledge sets to qualify the MPhil entrance examination for Mphil in Clinical psychology. A few tips to help you develop for excellent performance in the exam are given below:
- Learning about the syllabus for the entrance exam: The very first step is to download a copy of the syllabus from the respective college/ entrance exam website available. It is great to have a to the point facts of the syllabus that can help one to know the depth of the subject which is included in the course.
- Reading and revising previous topics: Do read and make sure to revise topics that can be extremely essential for the point of the examination as it can help to have a perfect usage of the time and score good marks. Revising old books or topics also helps to gain conceptual learning that makes it a lot easier for the candidate at the exam time.
- The Golden rule of “Practice makes perfect”: A Candidate should practice and revise all the concepts before the exam as many times possible so that the last moment stress can be buried away.
How to Get Admission in a Good Master of Philosophy or MPhil in Clinical Psychology College?
To secure admission to a good quality Mphil in Clinical Psychology College, several factors come into action. Some of the following guidelines will be helpful in that watch.
- Always get a note of the top colleges in the area that you wish to study.
- Select particular colleges according to criteria like fees, ease of access, location, etc. of your choice.
- Check the college websites and understand the eligibility and admission process.
- Make sure to pursue the instructions given by the colleges very causational.
- Always stay updated on the colleges that you want to apply to and In case of doubt make sure to get connected by a call or mail to the management.
- As practice makes perfect therefore do make sure to solve previous years question papers as many you can solve.
MPhil Clinical Psychology Syllabus
The syllabus for Mphil in clinical psychology is generally the same from college to college. A candidate who is pursuing the Mphil in clinical psychology course is mastered in core like principles of Foundation of behavior and psychopathology, psychiatry, counseling, behavioral medicines, etc In the first two semesters of the first year. In later semesters of the years, A candidate is proposing to gain the knowledge required to work in the real world by an apprentice. Thus, the syllabus of Mphil in clinical psychology is mentioned in the given table below:
|Year I||Year II|
|Basic Psychosocial Foundation of Behavioral and Psychopathology||Basic Psychotherapy and Counseling|
|The Biological Foundations of Behavior||Required Behavioral Medicine|
|Fundamental Psychiatry||Fundamental Statistics and research methodology|
|Practical Assessment||Practical Assessment|
|Psychological Exams & Viva||Psychological Therapies Exams & Viva|
MPhil Clinical Psychology Top Colleges
The top colleges that provide Mphil in clinical psychology are mentioned in the table below along with the location and fees:
|NAME OF COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY||LOCATION||AVERAGE FEES|
|Shri Ram Chandra Institute of higher research and education||Chennai||INR 1.50,00|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||Noida||INR 1,84,000|
|Amity University||Noida||INR 2,00,000|
|Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 70,000|
|Annamalai University||Tamil Nadu||INR 38,050|
|Government Medical College||Chandigarh||INR 26,054|
|Pt Bhagwat Daya Sharma postgraduate institute of medical science||Rohtak||INR 15,405|
|Manipal Academy of higher education||Karnataka||INR 285,000|
|Regional institute of medical science||Manipur||INR 22,150|
|Andhra University||Vishakhapatnam||INR 7,000|
Why Study MPhil Clinical Psychology?
The Course enables candidates to pursue a career in the field of clinical psychology. The ideology is based upon the concepts for giving candidates opportunities in the field of theoretical principles of clinical psychology as well as ensures experience with patients or clients in clinical setups After the completion of this course a candidate is eligible to practice clinical psychology in India according to NEF. A candidate pursuing a career has many options available. A candidate can decide to study further in the field as the aspect ratio is high and this field is evergreen. The requirement for Mphil in clinical psychology graduates will always be existing In the upcoming time, the employment ratio would almost be increasing.
MPhil Clinical Psychology Course Comparison
The Comparison between MPhil Clinical Psychology vs MPhil Psychology are mentioned below on the basis of duration, stream etc
|PARAMETER||Master of Philosophy or MPhil in clinical psychology||Master of Philosophy or MPhil in psychology|
|Duration||2 Years||1 Year|
|Based||Focus more on the research.||Focus much more on the psychotherapy and assessment skills|
|Eligibility Criteria||To pursue both of these courses a candidate must have a science background in (10+2) and have completed graduation in an equivalent domain with a recognized university/ Board. A candidate must have at least 45-50% of marks and have a qualified entrance examination of the respective college.|
|Admission Process||Merit-based + Entrance examination|
MPhil Clinical Psychology Future Scope
Clinical Psychology is very much in demand these days and will still be in demand shortly. As the Mental Health sector needs lots of new individuals, who are skilled in the area, and therefore tremendous opportunities are in abundance. Further than operational for hospitals or having your own clinic, One can also work as a consulting expert or psychologists online as the internet has become quite a high-quality source in the battle linking Mental Health.
MPhil Clinical Psychology Jobs
The candidates who complete their bachelor's degree can opt to work either in the public sector or the private. Both of these sectors provide good opportunities. Some of the Job Descriptions are as mentioned below:
- Clinical data analyst.
- Counseling officer.
- Clinical manager.
Not only these even these candidates who have completed the degree can join various social sites these days or can practice on their own. Several Hospitals both government and private do also hire medical professionals.
- Various Online Sites
- Private Hospitals
- Government Hospitals
- Owned Clinics
- Government health society.
Some of the popular professional jobs open to booming graduates of this course are listed below with the equivalent salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Clinical data analyst||A role of a Clinical data analyst is to maintain, add, modify or remove all the clinical data of the clients and patients||INR 4 to 5 LACS|
|Counseling officer||The role of a Counseling officer is to counsel the patients to make them recover their mental depressions and behavior as soon they are capable of their mental health.||INR 7 to 8 LACS|
|Psychologist||A Psychologist diagnosis all the human behavior of the patient and treatment is provided depending upon the cause and state||INR 9 to 10 LACS|
|Professor||A Professor teaches all the psychology subjects and practical applications in detail to the students after higher study and exam||INR 8 to 10 LACS|
|Clinical manager||The role of a Clinical manager is to play different treatment roles for the patients for making them get cured in their mental stress and problems as fast they can, according to mental health.||INR 9 to 10 LACS|
MPhil Clinical Psychology FAQ
Ques: What is the eligibility for the admission?
Ans: The candidate must have completed graduation with clinical psychology or equivalent with a minimum of 45% to 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university or board. The eligibility percentage varies as per different universities and colleges. Therefore, candidates are highly advised to visit the respective college website for further details.
Ques: What documents are required for the program?
Ans: The documents required for the admission in the program are graduation in an equivalent domain, Transfer certificate, Migration Certificate, aadhar card, Anti- Ragging undertaking (as per institution requirements), etc. Basically, The University or college you seeking admission into will be mentioning it in either on the exam form or on the respective website.
Ques: What is the minimum and maximum salary attained from this course?
Ans: The minimum salary after the completion of the program as the fresher level is of INR 15000 -/ per annum and the maximum salary obtained on an expert level is 4,00,000 -/ per annum or higher than.
Ques: What is a Master of Philosophy or MPhil in clinical psychology?
Ans: Master of Philosophy or MPhil in clinical psychology is a 2-Year post-graduation course. The Course is generally having 4 semesters but it can vary upon Institutions Rules and Regulations. For a Candidate to be eligible for this course a master's degree in clinical psychology is required. Mphil in clinical psychology course is available in both the programs that are regular and distance learning.
Ques: What Job Opportunities are available after the successful completion of this course?
Ans: After the successful completion of this course a candidate is eligible to work in the sector of medicine. A successful candidate with clinical psychology can either open up his/her own setup or can work in any government and private hospitals.
Ques: Am I eligible for a government job after doing a Master of Philosophy or MPhil in clinical psychology from distance learning?
Ans: Yes, you are eligible to take admissions after successful completion from registered universities that offer distance learning education.
Ques: What is the benefit of choosing a Master of Philosophy or MPhil in clinical psychology?
Ans: Master of Philosophy or MPhil in clinical psychology has a more broadminded approach and it provides a gateway to the sector of clinical psychology. Further enhancement can be done in the job prospect by undergoing higher studies.
Ques: Which entrance exams are required?
Ans: As per the different universities, their respective entrance examinations are held, for example, BHU-CET, AMU-CET, etc.
Ques: What is the minimum attendance requirement?
Ans: Minimum 66.67% of attendance is required, but most of the universities are not so strict about the attendance criteria.
Ques: What is the fee range for the course of Master of Philosophy or MPhil in clinical psychology?
Ans: The fee ranges from as low as 26k to 2 LACS. The fee structure solely depends upon the type of institution/ University. If The College is Government then the fee is low and if it is a private college then fee structure is high.
Ques: Is there any scholarship available for the course Master of Philosophy or MPhil in clinical psychology?
Ans: Yes, there is a scholarship available for meritorious candidates. To avail and get more information, it is highly advised to visit the campus office. The staff usually tells about the eligibility criteria and documents requirements regarding the scholarships.
Ques: How are the entrance examinations for Master of Philosophy or MPhil in clinical psychology?
Ans: The mode of entrance examination is both offline and online. This depends upon the entrance examination. Generally, the websites of entrance examinations or college websites inform candidates