What is the PhD French Course?
PhD. in French is a Ph. D program whose aim is to build necessary skill sets and language proficiency in candidates. Through this, the candidates get a detailed view of the French subject, and thereby it makes it easier for them to conduct research in this field. The main objective of this course is to expand the knowledge of the students in french and increase the outlook of the subject.
See More: PhD Courses
The basic eligibility of this course is MA or M.Phil. in French with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks and above from a recognized university. The course fees vary for the specialization and institute chosen by the student. The average fees for the course vary from INR 50,000 to INR 50,00,000 per annum. Candidates upon completion of the Doctorate program can go for a French Tech Support Associate, French Translator, French Interpreter, Associate Order Management as per the interest and area chosen by them.
PhD French: Course Highlights
The course highlight of PhD French is given in the following table:
|Full-Form||Doctor of Philosophy|
|Duration||Minimum 3 years, Maximum 5 Years|
|Examination type||Semester Wise|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance examination|
|Course Fee||INR 10,000 - 30,000|
|Average Salary||INR 2-6 Lakh|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Language Department, Travel, and Tourism, Hotels and Restaurants, Translation Offices, Government Sectors, etc.|
|Job Positions||French Tech Support Associate, French Translator, French Interpreter, Associate Order Management, etc.|
Do I qualify for PhD in French eligibility Criteria?
The minimum eligibility criteria for PhD. in French is mentioned below:
- Candidates must have a qualified MA or M.Phil. degree in French with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks and above from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have passed the entrance examination conducted by a specific institution or university to get admission in that.
- Some reputed colleges can conduct group discussion or personal interview sessions. The candidates need to qualify this, in order to get selected.
What is the PhD in French Admission Process
The admission process of this course is listed below:
- Candidates who are willing to take admission in PhD French colleges can apply by both offline and online means.
- You can either reach to the official website of the institute or directly apply in the office of the institute and fill the admission application form.
- Fill the application form required and upload all the necessary documents which are asked in the form.
- After completion of the process of application, you can go for counselling round and attend the personal interview round to get your desired college.
Entrance Exam Based Admission
Many colleges /universities conduct their own entrance examination to provide admission. There are many other national and regional entrance examinations conducted by various bodies to provide admission in their PhD course.
Some of the top entrance examination for admission into PhD in French are:
- NET: UGC NET is conducted by the National Testing Agency. The entrance examination is usually conducted for admission in doctorate programs for various specializations. It is conducted once in a year.
- JRF: Junior Research Fellowship entrance exam is conducted mainly for providing financial assistance for the students pursuing their doctoral programs as per the laid norms and conditions.
- CSIR: CSIR NET is a national level entrance examination mainly conducted to make you eligible for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). CSIR NET is mainly conducted for life sciences and related fields only.
What are the top PhD in French Entrance Exams?
Different entrances has different pattern of question like:
|Entrance Exam||Exam Dates||Conducting Body|
|ICMR JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS||July||The Indian Council of Medical Research New Delhi|
|NIPER PhD. Entrance Exam||June||National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER)|
|CSIR-UGC NET exam||June and December||Council of Scientific & Industrial Research India|
|JRF-GATE||Feb||Council of Scientific & Industrial Research India|
PhD French: Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- Divide your schedule: Studying without a deadline isn’t something that candidates can afford, therefore they must assign their days to certain topics and finish them within the deadline.
- Keep your resources limited: It is a must to do step for candidates to remain focused and having too many resources will only alleviate the stress. Therefore, they must research well and shortlist some resources for the study plan and stick to it. Remember, Candidates can’t cover everything from everywhere, therefore keep it simple and accurate.
- Revision is the Key: Candidates should not keep revision for the last minute. They should keep revision sessions for regular intervals. They should make some crisp notes for the last minute reading and avoid unnecessary panic before the exam.
Why should you pursue a PhD French Course?
- An individual pursuing a doctorate program in French gets an opportunity to understand the importance of lingual highlights, and their use in different areas.
- Through this, the candidates get a detailed view of the French subject, and thereby it makes it easier for them to conduct research in this field.
- The main objective of this course is to expand the knowledge of the students and increase the outlook of the subject.
- By this students get a platform to enhance their grammatical ability, discovering new knowledge, and improve their hold on the English language for generating a thesis.
PhD French: Course Advantages
- The course is programmed in such a manner in order to impart the exposure to the students and to get an intrinsic view of the language French.
- Through the PhD. in French course, the students are offered a way to deepen their competence, in order to generate the thesis which they are required to submit at the end of the final semester, under the guidance of the faculty member.
- The topics covered in this Ph. D in French courses include history, literature, hieroglyphic and research methodology of the French language.
- PhD. in French language trains candidates in gaining a stronghold in the language as well as opening multi-disciplinary dimensions of the field. The aim of the Ph. D program is to build the necessary skill sets and language proficiency in candidates to build their career in the chosen field.
PhD French: Course Comparison
The comparison between these two courses is given in the tabular form, as below.
|BASIS FOR COMPARISON||M.PHIL.||PHD.|
|Meaning||M.Phil. is an academic research degree that allows the student to master a particular subject and to get proper knowledge for performing further research.||PhD. is an internationally acknowledged, highest level research degree course,offered by top notch universities, that attempts to add something new to the already existing knowledge.|
|Thesis Paper word count||20,000 - 40,000||40,000 - 80,000|
|Duration||2 Years||Minimum-3 Years Maximum- 5 years|
|Concerned with||Research basics||Original or fresh research|
|Program Structure||Coursework and Dissertation work||Coursework and Thesis work|
PhD French: Top Colleges
Many colleges are offering this course in India. Some of the top colleges offering this course are listed below –
|Name of The Institute||Average Course Fee (in INR)|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University – JNU||1,031|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University – IGNOU||14,000|
|Panjab University – PU||15,165|
|Osmania University – OU||3,000|
See More: Top French Colleges in India
- The Ph. D course helps an individual to build the ability to conduct research in an organized and profound manner. This also helps in evaluating and generating a thesis as given by the faculty.
- The course is a career-oriented one that enables students in building their expertise in the field and seeking a wide range of employment prospects both nationally as well as internationally. They also have high scope in areas such as journalism, international finance and commerce, as well as diplomatic work on international grounds.
- They can choose to become Language Experts, Researcher, Business Advisory, French Tech Support Associate, French Translator, French Interpreter, Associate Order Management, Language Advisor, and much more.
- The average annual salary may range from INR 2 lakh to INR 12 Lakh, depending upon the job profiles and experience.
PhD French: College Comparison
Comparison between top PhD French colleges is listed below:
|Name of University||Pondicherry University||University of Delhi||University of Calcutta|
|Location||Puducherry||New Delhi||West Bengal|
|Admission Process||Entrance Based||Entrance Based||Entrance Based|
|Average Annual Fee (INR)||30,160||1560||5560|
PhD French: Tips to get Best College
- To get admission into a good college one needs to ensure that they have scored more than 90% at the Intermediate level.
- Apart from this, most of the institutes provide admission to this course on the basis of entrance examinations, hence preparing well for the entrance exam is a must to do a job for an aspirant to get admission in the best college.
Note: Before shortlisting and selecting colleges finally, they must ensure to check the placement rate of the college, method of course delivery, admission system, and the financial aid offered there.
PhD French: Syllabus
The Ph. D in French course is of maximum five years of duration. The course takes place in the form of semesters. The course structure of the Ph. D in French courses consist of two papers. The details of the two papers are given below.
|Semester/ Paper I||Semester/ Paper-II|
|Research Methodology||French language and Literature|
|-||Comprehensive study of French literature and novels|
|Semester/ Paper III||Semester/ Paper IV|
|Books in Translation||-|
** Syllabus can vary in different institutes or colleges. **
Important Books for PhD in French Course?
Some of the important reference books are mentioned below:
|Name of The Book||Author|
|French Vocabulary||Christopher Kendris, Theodore Kendris|
|A Short Course in Reading French||Celia Brickman|
PhD French Course: Job Prospects
- After the successful completion of the PhD. in French program, doctorates have opportunities in a wide range of areas. These can include, Language Department, Travel and Tourism, Hotels and Restaurants, Translation Offices, government posts, Government and Private departments, Academic, Diplomatic organizations, and much more.
- They also have high scope in areas such as journalism, international finance and commerce, as well as diplomatic work on international grounds.
- The description of each job profile along with the salary for each is given in the below table. The salary for each job position varies. The salary depends upon the job experience of oneself. The more experienced one is, the higher salary he/she is offered.
|French Interpreter||INR 4 to 6 lacs|
|Researcher||INR 5 to 9 lacs|
|Language Advisor||INR 2 to 4 lacs|
|French Tech Support Associate||INR 3 to 6 lacs|
|Business Advisory||INR 8 to 12 lacs|
|Linguist Specialist||INR 9 to 12 lacs|
What is the future scope for a PhD French Course?
- The most preferred option to do after PHD is to work in industrial R&D laboratories or at a University position and people can even establish their startups. All the industrial R&D facilities have a large impact on PhD holders, these groups not only engage them in the research field but even take their help in important strategic decisions.
- This option is really popular in India because their salaries are about 50% more which means that if a person has a PhD and has joined a research lab at the age of 27 years he is better paid than all of his classmates with 5 year experience after btech.
- So you can have a clear idea that PhD training is not merely a degree to become a professor or not just to get a doctor tag in fact it is a lot more than that.
- If a professor completes 5 PhD in his whole lifetime and all of them get employed then the whole size of his academia can increase 5 fold of a pay of a single degree.
PhD French: FAQs
Ques. Is Ph. D in French courses same in every college?
Ans. The Ph. D in French courses, syllabus, and exam pattern is the same in every University. The value of the Ph. D in French courses is the same throughout every University.
Ques. Is there any provision for Distance Education for Ph. D course?
Ans. The Ph. D in French courses is not provided in Distance Education. This is provided as both part-time and full-time courses.
Ques. What is the average annual fee for the Ph. D in French course?
Ans. The average annual fee of Ph. D in French courses in most of the colleges, lies within the ranges of INR 1500- 31,000. It may differ for different universities.
Ques. What are the job profiles to which I can apply after completing a Ph. D in French course?
Ans. The candidates who pass with Ph. D in French degree can opt for the job profiles like are Language Experts, Researcher, Business Advisory, French Tech Support Associate, French Translator, French Interpreter, Associate Order Management, Language Advisor.
Ques. What is the average salary I will get after choosing any of the job profiles on completing a Ph. D in French?
Ans. The average salary of a candidate having a Ph. D in French, can opt for job profiles like Language Experts, Researcher, Business Advisory, French Tech Support Associate, French Translator, etc. The annual income of these positions ranges from INR 2 lakhs- 12 Lakhs. The salary depends upon the experience of an individual.