PhD Hindi is a doctorate level degree program in the Hindi Language. The course is 3 years long. Each year is divided into 2 semesters. The course deals with the study of Hindi language, it's origin, philosophy, linguistics, literature, and how it has evolved till date.
The eligibility criteria for pursuing PhD Hindi requires one either to complete MPhil Degree and a Postgraduate degree in any stream with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university or Master’s degree in any stream with 55% of marks.
Admission to the course is usually merit-based. Therein marks obtained in the qualifying examinations are considered for the purpose of offering admission to the students.
However, there are certain universities which conduct their own entrance exams in order to shortlist students for admission into the course. After the written test, there may be a personal interview round as well.
Some of the top colleges offering PhD Hindi are given below:
|NIRF Ranking 2020||College Name||Admission Process||Average Annual Fee in INR|
|2||Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi||JNUEE||INR 2,000|
|11||Delhi University University. Delhi||DUET||INR 10,000|
|44||Gujarat University, Gujarat||CET||INR 24,000|
|63||Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune||CET||INR 95,000|
|151-200||Assam University, Assam||CEE||INR 56,000|
The average tuition fee charged by colleges or universities for this course in India lies anywhere in between INR 1,000 to 2 lakhs per year. The fee varies as per the type of the institution. It also depends on the marks obtained by a candidate in his/her postgraduate examinations.
Scholars with a PhD Hindi can easily expect an initial salary of INR 2 to INR 10 lakhs. The salary depends on the experience earned by an individual in the concerned field. Some of the top recruiting areas for PhD Hindi scholars include Social Welfares Schemes, Educational Institutes, Embassies, Government Offices, Data Entry Offices, etc.
Some of the top job profiles offered to such professionals are content writer, Hindi translator, Customer Support Officer, Subject Matter Expert, teacher, professor, etc.
What is the PhD Hindi Admission Process?
Admission to the is usually merit-based. Therein marks obtained in the qualifying examinations are considered for the purpose of offering admission to the students. However, there are certain universities which conduct their own entrance exams in order to shortlist students for admission into the course. Some of the most popular entrance exams conducted nationally are CVVET, NET, JRF, SLET etc.
Colleges accepting applicants based on their Master’s merit have their set of guidelines that needs to be followed in order to gain admission. Applicants will need to:
- Submit the application to the colleges or universities you are interested in for admission.
- Perform well in the postgraduate examinations as the scores obtained in these form the basis of the entire admission process.
- In due course of time, universities release their cutoff lists. Check if you are eligible for admission into the desired course.
- If eligible, visit the college and submit all the required documents.
Entrance Based Selection
Each college conducts their entrance exam to check the eligibility of the students for pursuing PhD Hindi from their university. The procedure that needs to be followed is:
- Submit the application to the colleges or universities you are interested in for admission.
- Register for the entrance exams you will be required to qualify in order to make it the college of your choice.
- In order to get shortlisted for further rounds of admission, one must score above the minimum qualifying marks set by the respective college or university.
- After the written test, a personal interview round is conducted for preparing the final merit list of the shortlisted candidates.
- Once all the tests are conducted, the colleges or universities declare the result and release a merit list of finally shortlisted candidates on the basis of the written test and personal interview round.
- After the admission process, the seats are allocated to the deserving candidates and the candidates are required to deposit the course fee and register for the respective academic year.
What is the PhD Hindi Eligibility Criteria?
Students who wish to pursue a PhD Hindi must meet up with the following eligibility criteria.
A candidate must have completed MPhil Degree and a Postgraduate degree in any relevant stream from a recognized university with an aggregate of minimum 55% marks.
Candidates who have completed their post-graduation in any relevant stream from a recognized university with an aggregate of minimum 55% marks are also eligible for this course.
PhD Hindi Entrance Exams
Admission to PhD Hindi is either entrance based or merit-based. In an entrance based method, students are required to qualify an entrance exam in order to seek admission in any concerned college. Some of the top entrance exams conducted in order to shortlist students for admission into PhD Hindi are given below.
- UGC NET: UGC Net exam is conducted by the national testing agency. the exam is basic eligibility for the hiring of assistant professors at Indian universities. The exam is also conducted to hire students for the posts of the junior research fellowship.
- CSIR UGC NET: CSIR UGC NET is conducted by the national testing agency on behalf of The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). The test is conducted for hiring students for the award of junior research fellowships and for determining the eligibility for lectureship in colleges or universities.
- JNU PhD Entrance: JNU PhD Entrance exam is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University. The exam is conducted to shortlist candidates for various PhD programs. PhD in medicine is one among such programs.
How to prepare for a PhD Hindi Entrance exam?
One of the most important deciding factors responsible for succeeding in any entrance exam is to be well aware of the latest exam pattern. Hence, one should go through the previous year papers and perform a proper analysis of the exam pattern.
- PhD Hindi entrance exam paper is subjective in nature. The questions usually demand answers which are lengthy and descriptive in nature.
- Considering the subjective nature of the exam, one must be habitual of writing long descriptive answers.
- Make sure you mention all the relevant points in your answers. just increasing the length of the answer would do no justice to the answer.
- Read about all the important authors who have significantly contributed to the development of Hindi literature in India.
- One can refer to the MA Hindi syllabus while preparing for the entrance exam.
- Summarize all the important works of prominent Hindi writers for your later reference.
- Do take 10 to 15 mock tests before appearing in the actual exam.
- Follow a positive approach while writing the final exam. Be confident and manage your time with utmost subtleness.
Apart from this, one should do thorough research about the full syllabus of the entrance exam. The primary questions that are asked in PhD Entrance Exams are from the following subject areas:
- Hindi Literature
- Biography and Work of Popular Hindi poets and authors
- Hindi Drama
How to Get Admission in the Top PhD Hindi Colleges?
Getting a seat in a good college becomes a lot easier when one knows the complete path which one would be required to travel while going through the admission process. Below given are some of the key points which one must keep in mind if one aspires for admission in a good college.
- The admission process to the course is either entrance based or merit-based.
- In the case of merit-based selection, one must perform well in the qualifying examinations.
- In the case of entrance based selection, it is very important to perform well and score enough in the entrance exam in order to get admission in a good college.
- One must be well aware of the latest exam pattern. One must also know the weightage assigned to each section in the exam and prepare accordingly.
- One must start preparing for the entrance exam a year before as this gives ample time for learning and revision. Do keep your target institute in mind.
PhD Hindi: What is it about?
It is very important for one to completely know about the program which one wants to pursue. One must be very clear about the expectations which one tends to keep from the course. Hence to ease the process, a brief idea about the PhD Hindi program is mentioned below.
- PhD Hindi is a doctorate level degree program offered in the Hindi language. The course requires one to perform extensive research about the various aspects of the language.
- The course explores the dynamics of the Hindi language. The course deals with the study of Hindi language. It's origin, it's philosophy, it's linguistics, it's literature and how it has evolved till date.
- While pursuing the course, scholars are required to draft a thesis in the Hindi language in any concerned topic.
- The course explores the involvement and evolution of the Hindi language in the contemporary world. It imparts essential knowledge of moments and literary forms.
- The course stretches from the basics of the language to the very intricacies of it. It helps students to gain a proper understanding of the Hindi script. It helps them acquire in-depth knowledge about Hindi language and culture.
PhD Hindi: Course Highlights
PhD Hindi is a popular course for those who want to learn the beautiful language in depth. Here are some of the most popular highlights of the PhD Hindi degree program that have been tabulated below.
|Examination Type||Semester based|
|Eligibility||M.Phil. or Master's degree|
|Admission Process||Entrance based or Merit-based|
|Course Fee||INR 1,000 to 2 Lakhs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 to 10 Lakhs|
|Entrance Exams||NET, JRF, SLET, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Organizations||Sanctus, HGS, Quess Corp, Coherence Soft Technologies Private Limited, Ignites Human Capital Services Private Limited, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||social Welfares Schemes, Educational Institutes, Government Offices, Data Entry Offices, Embassies, etc.|
|Top Job Profiles||content Writer, Hindi Translator, Customer Support Officer, Subject Matter Expert, Teacher, etc.|
Why Study PhD Hindi?
Sometimes students are caught up in a dilemma about whether to pursue any particular course. Knowing the benefits offered by the course can help sorting out this chaotic situation. Hence some of the benefits and perks of pursuing PhD Hindi degree program have been mentioned below.
- PhD Hindi is an advanced level course. Students interested in learning the very intricacies of the Hindi language must pursue this course.
- The course imparts essential knowledge about the origin, philosophy, evolvement, literature and culture of the Hindi language. It is best suited for students who are keen on doing in-depth research about the Hindi language.
- After completing a PhD Hindi, one becomes eligible for the position of professor or lecturer in any college or university. Hence it's a must-do course for students who want to dive into the field of academics.
- The course inculcates several skills in an individual. Some of these are problem-solving, drawing conclusions, making logical recommendations, time management, etc.
- The course makes one capable of earning good money. The starting salary of a PhD Hindi professional is INR 2 to 10 Lakhs.
- The course offers diverse job opportunities. Some of the top job positions one can expect are as an editor, professor, news anchor, reporter, translator, content writer, etc.
PhD Hindi vs PhD Sanskrit Course Comparison
Hindi and Sanskrit are two very popular and ancient Indian languages. These two languages are now being taught in many foreign universities. With growing popularity, pursuing a PhD in these two can never lead to regrets. Some of the key differences between the two courses are tabulated below
|Parameters||PhD Hindi||PhD Sanskrit|
|Full form||Doctorate of Philosophy in Hindi||Doctorate of Philosophy in Sanskrit|
|Course overview||PhD Hindi is a doctorate level degree program offered in the Hindi language. The course requires one to perform extensive research about the various aspects of the language. The course explores the dynamics of the Hindi language. It deals with the study of Hindi language. It's origin, it's philosophy, it's linguistics, it's literature and how it has evolved till date.||PhD Sanskrit provides an introduction to Sanskrit language with emphasis on practical, written and spoken Sanskrit. The course provides students with a basic and in depth knowledge of Sanskrit and practice of using Sanskrit in everyday situations. The course allows students to interact with Sanskrit speakers and to acquire familiarity with the Sanskrit script.|
|Admission Process||Entrance based or Merit based||Entrance based or Merit based|
|Entrance exams||NET, JRF, SLET, etc||NET, JRF, SLET, etc|
|Average fee||INR 2,000 to 2 Lakhs||INR 1,000 to 2 Lakhs|
|Average annual Salary||INR 2 to 10 Lakhs||INR 3 to 10 Lakhs|
|Top Job profiles||Content Writer, Hindi Translator, Customer Support Officer, Subject Matter Expert, Teacher, etc.||Novelist, Translator, Lecturer, Researcher, Editor, Teacher, etc.|
|Top colleges||Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi University, Gujarat University, Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Assam University, etc.||Guwahati university, GD Modi Arts college, Gokul Das Hindu Girls college, Gulbarga university, Himachal Pradesh University, etc.|
Which are the Top PhD Hindi Colleges in India?
PhD Hindi course is offered by many top universities across the country. Some of the top Universities offering this course have been mentioned below with several other details.
|NIRF Rank 2020||College Name||Average Fee in INR||Average Salary|
|2||Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi||INR 2,000||INR 6 LPA|
|11||Delhi University, Delhi||INR 10,000||INR 4.6 LPA|
|12||Anna University, Chennai||INR 13,600||INR 3.8 LPA|
|39||Alagappa University, Tamil Nadu||INR 11,500||INR 4 LPA|
|44||Gujarat University, Gujarat||INR 24,000||INR 3.5 LPA|
|47||Gauhati University, Guwahati||INR 38,390||INR 3 LPA|
|55||Banasthali Vidyapeeth University, Jaipur||INR 26,000||INR 3.78 LPA|
|65||Mumbai University, Mumbai||INR 30,000||INR 4 LPA|
|99||Kurukshetra University, Haryana||INR 5,600||INR 3.8 LPA|
Selecting one among various colleges can be a daunting task. This becomes more difficult when all the colleges hold a certain level of reputation. Hence, to ease the process, the top three colleges offering PhD Hindi have been compared below based on various parameters.
|Name of the institute||Jawaharlal Lal Nehru University (JNU)||Gujarat University||Delhi University|
|College overview||Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) was established in 1969. Since then it has become a common name in the list of India’s top-ranked universities. The university is known for its Post-graduate and research studies.||Gujarat University was established in 1949 and located at Ahmedabad. The university offers various degree courses in arts, science, and commerce. The University has been ranked first in Gujarat and 26th in India under the category “Public State Universities” by the prestigious Outlook ICARE-Indian Universities.||Delhi University or DU is one of the top most universities of india. The university has 90 colleges affiliated to it. It offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, doctorate and vocational courses in various disciplines. The university has two main campuses namely the north campus and the south campus|
|Average annual fee||INR 2,000||INR 10,000||INR 24,000|
|Admission process||JNU PhD Entrance||CET||DUET|
Which are the Top PhD Hindi Distance Education in India?
Sometimes, due to various reasons, one may find difficulty in pursuing the desired course through regular learning mode, in such a case distance learning method comes to the rescue.
Students can pursue a PhD Hindi through distance learning mode as well. Students must check for the validity of the course and the college in distance or correspondence mode.
- In order to be eligible for this course through correspondence mode students need to possess a master's degree in any relevant field from a recognized college or university with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- The minimum duration required to complete this course from distance mode is 3 years and the maximum duration of the same is 5 years.
- Admission to PhD Hindi through correspondence mode is offered mainly on the basis of the marks secured by a candidate in any relevant entrance examination.
- The average fee for the course ranges from INR 5,000 to INR 50,000 annually.
Given below are some colleges which offer this course through distance mode.
|Name of the Institute||Location||Average Annual Fee||Average Salary|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)||Delhi||INR 9,000||INR 2.4 LPA|
|Vardhman Mahaveer Open University||Kota||INR 14,200||INR 1.8 LPA|
|Annamalai University||Tamil Nadu||INR 12,850||INR 1.9 LPA|
PhD Hindi Syllabus
PhD Hindi is a 3-year degree program. Each year consists of 2 semesters. The course curriculum incorporates various assignments and a lot of research work. A detailed semester wise break up of the course is given below.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Communicative skills||Reading literature|
|Critical reasoning, writing, and presentation||Readings on Indian constitution|
|Communication skills in other languages||Translation and communication in Hindi|
|Prose and one-act plays||Translation-Theory and practice|
|History of Hindi literature||History of Hindi Literature|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Literature and contemporary issues||History and philosophy of Hindi|
|Literature in other languages||Culture and Civilizations|
|General informatics and computer application in Hindi||Drama and Theatre in Hindi|
|Applied Grammar||Perspectives of Humanities and Languages and Methodology|
|History of Hindi Literature||Correspondence and secretarial practice in Hindi|
|Comparative literature||Environmental Studies|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Linguistics||Modern Poetry in Hindi|
|Contemporary Hindi Literature||Novel and Short stories in Hindi|
|Indian Literary Thoughts||History of Hindi Language|
|Poetry||Western Literary Thoughts|
|Open course spoke Hindi||Project – Literary Technician|
|Project – Literary Technician||-|
PhD Hindi Jobs and Career Prospects
PhD Hindi courses come with various jobs and career opportunities. Fresh graduates of the course can easily expect a salary of INR 2 lakhs to 10 lakhs per year. The salary offered is proportional to the experience earned in the respective field.
Some of the major job profiles available to PhD Hindi professionals are mentioned below:
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary in INR|
|Hindi Translator||A translator reads the original content and rewrites it in Hindi language. While translating they incorporate the use of specialist dictionaries and reference books. They also look into the grammatical aspect of the translated content.||INR 3.5 Lakhs|
|Content Writer||Content writers create new content meant for online consumption. They either work as freelance writers or work for specific clients.||INR 3 Lakhs|
|Customer Support Officer||Customer Support Officers work with a team and provide solutions to a variety of customer’s queries. Their main tasks include troubleshooting the problems and resolving customer’s problems.||INR 3 Lakhs|
|Teacher||A teacher is responsible for arranging lessons and delivering them in the form of lectures to the whole class or separately to little gatherings. He/She arranges proper tests to conduct a regular assessment of the students.||INR 4 Lakhs|
|Subject Matter Expert||Subject Matter Experts are responsible for ensuring that the given content is accurate or not. They should understand the design rule methodology and design automation. They may also develop content based on the client requirements, and put it up in their design models.||INR 5 Lakhs|
The salary trend graph for various job profiles offered to PhD Hindi Professionals is given below.
PhD Hindi Future Scope
The recent trends regarding the future scope of PhD Hindi degree programs forecast a good career prospect. The points given below discuss the future scope of the program.
- Over the past years, a PhD Hindi has become immensely popular among students. More and more students are pursuing this course. The course comes with various jobs and career growth opportunities.
- The course has an ever-increasing scope. Some of the job positions available to such professionals are historians, archaeologists, translators, Voice-over Script, Interpreter, Content Editor - Journalism, Letter translator, Instructor – Hindi Language, Bilingual Call Centre Customer Service Representative, etc.
- Teaching is one of the most common job areas accepted by many such professionals. After pursuing this course, one becomes eligible for the positions of lecturer and assistant professor in colleges or universities.
- Media and mass communication is another thriving job area for PhD Hindi professionals. These professionals can work as newsreaders, writers, and reporters which are quite demanding to make a good career option. The salaries for these positions are based on their performance.
PhD Hindi FAQs
Ques. What skills one must possess in order to pursue a PhD Hindi?
Ans. Critical thinking, analytical skills, good communication skills, decision making and good presentation skills are some of the relevant skills which one is expected to possess in order to pursue a PhD Hindi.
Ques. What is a thesis? Is it compulsory for PhD scholars to submit a thesis at the end of their research work?
Ans. A thesis is a document which includes personal research, written by a candidate for a university degree. Yes, all the PhD scholars are required to prepare and submit a thesis at the end of their research work.
Ques. Does Allahabad University offer a PhD Hindi?
Ans. Yes, Allahabad University does offer a PhD Hindi.
Ques. Are the entrance exams for admission into PhD programs being postponed due to COVID19?
Ans. Yes, most of the entrance exams have been postponed due to the ongoing pandemic. The new dates and other updates of the exams can be found by visiting their respective official websites.
Ques. Is NET exam mandatory in order to be a Hindi lecturer in any reputed college or university?
Ans. Yes, As per the UGC guidelines, one must have qualified the NET exam in order to be eligible for the post of a lecturer or assistant professor in any reputed college or university.
Ques. How much does it cost to pursue a PhD Hindi program?
Ans. The average tuition fee charged by colleges or universities for this course in India lies anywhere in between INR 30,000 to 2 lakhs. The fee is different for private and government institutes.
Ques. What are some of the popular entrance exams conducted in order to shortlist candidates for admission into PhD Hindi programs?
Ans. Some of the major all India entrance exams conducted in order to shortlist students for providing admission into the course are UGC Net, CSIR UGC NET, JNU PhD Entrance Exam.