PhD in Physiotherapy is a doctorate program of 3 years which needs a master's degree in the specialized field to be eligible to sit in the entrance exam.
There are two options available for pursuing a PhD course in Physiotherapy.
- The first option is to do a PhD as a full-time candidate who pursues full-time research with the university.
- Second is a Part-time or an Internal candidate where a candidate can pursue as per the time bounds, same as that part-time or an external candidate who is a working professional either in industrial units, college, government departments, research organizations, or other institutions or organizations.
PhD in Physiotherapy fees for this program start from INR 5000 per year to INR 6 LPA. These fees solely depend upon the type of institute.
See More: Top PhD Physiotherapy Colleges in India
A candidate who graduates PhD in Physiotherapy can join research programs, Lecturer, Therapist, etc. The candidate earns INR 5,50,000 LPA in the initial years after some experience and practical knowledge the salary can hike up to INR 10 LPA.
Some top recruiters of the PhD graduates are Help Age India Medybiz Pvt Ltd Hosmat Hospital Apollo Hospital Fortis Hospital Talwalkars Pantaloon Fitness Pvt Ltd Intellectual Resource Training Private Limited and many more.
Graduates are given many positions like Osteopath Lecturer Researcher Therapy Manager Research Assistant Customer Care Assistant Assistant Physiotherapist Sports Physio Rehabilitator Self Employed Private Physiotherapist and more.
PhD in Physiotherapy: Course Highlights
|Degree||PhD in Physiotherapy|
|Full-Form||Doctorate of Philosophy in Physiotherapy|
|Minimum Percentage||45 - 50% marks in masters and qualify NET or SET|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 5,000 – 6,00,000 per annum|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 5,00,000 - 10,00,000 per annum|
PhD Physiotherapy: Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for PhD in Physiotherapy program are mentioned below:
- The candidate must have completed or should be in the last year of their master's degree with a minimum of 45% to 50% marks from a recognized university or board.
- Candidates need to apply for entrances like NET or national level entrances and qualify them are eligible to take admissions in the respective colleges.
- Please do refer to the respective college website for getting an idea about the entrance examination and eligibility criteria.
PhD Physiotherapy: Admission Process
To get admission in a top-notch PhD in Physiotherapy colleges candidates have to be sure that they fulfil minimum eligibility criteria and ranks as directed by colleges and universities. The Candidates who are applying for the PhD in Physiotherapy program must be having an undergoing last year or a completed master's degree from the respective board/ universities. It is mandatory to appear for an entrance exam like NET, AILET, etc to be eligible for taking admissions as directed by their college or university website.
- Candidates should fill the admission form either from the college website which will be mentioned online or offline by visiting the college campus as per your wish.
- Candidates need to fill in all the details along with the existing documents so please keep all the documents ready before filling.
- Candidates need to be sure that they qualify in the Merit list and entrance examinations as directed by the eligibility criteria with the minimum required marks as per the particular evaluation process laid by colleges or universities.
PhD Physiotherapy: Entrance Exams
There are a few universities and colleges in India which have an entrance exam for admission for PhD in Physiotherapy course. The detailed information about various entrance examinations for doing PhD’s are given below:
- Banaras Hindu University Research entrance test (BHU-RET): BHU-RET is an offline examination that is held for a duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes for PhD and masters. This examination comes is in the form of Multiple Choice Questions. BHU-RET is only held once every year.
- DUET: Delhi University Entrance Test is an online entrance examination that is held for a duration of 2 hours only. This examination is for all the candidates who want to take admission in Delhi university-affiliated colleges for pursuing their PhDs or Masters.
- Christ University Entrance Test (CU-ET): CU-ET is an online entrance test for the duration of 2 hours and the format is Multiple Choice Questions for this examination.
- IPU CET 2021: The Duration of this entrance examination is of 2 hours and 30 minutes. The fee which is charged for this entrance examination is INR 1200 only.
- NPAT 2021: NPAT an online entrance examination which is for a duration of 2 hours. The examination is computer-based which means multiple-choice questions are asked online.
- AMU Entrance Exam: The mode of entrance examination is online and The duration of this entrance examination is for 2 hours.
- Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam: The Mode of entrance examination is offline and The duration of this examination is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
A better and latest information and understanding of these entrance examinations with dates are given in the table below:
|Entrance Exam||Application Date||Exam Date|
|BHU-RET||Jan 30, 2020||Aug 16 - Aug 31, 2020|
|DUET||June 30, 2020||Sept 6 - 11, 2020|
|CU-ET||Jan 3, 2020||June 13, 2020|
|IPU CET 2020||March 3, 2020||To be Announced|
|NPAT 2020||Dec 16, 2019||May 26 – 28, 2020|
|AMU Entrance Exam||Aug 14, 2020||Nov 8, 2020|
|Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam||Feb 21, 2020||To be Announced|
PhD Physiotherapy: How to Prepare for the Entrance Exams?
A few tips to help you develop and boost for excellent performance in the exam are given below:
- Learning about the syllabus for the entrance exam is the key: The first step is to download the syllabus from the respective college or entrance exam’s official website available. It is important to have an idea of the syllabus that helps you to know the depth of the subject which is included in the course.
- Reading and revising previous topics before examination: It is recommended to Read and revise topics that are extremely essential from the point of the examination as it helps to have a perfect usage of the time and score good marks.
- The absolute Golden rule of “Practice makes perfect”: Candidates should practice and revise all the concepts and attempt mock exams before the exam as many times as possible so that the last moment stress can be buried away and they can brush their concepts clear.
How to get admission in a Top PhD Physiotherapy Colleges?
To secure admission to a good quality PhD in Physiotherapy College, several factors come into considerations. Some of the following guidelines will help choose a good college.
- Select a particular college of your choice by considering criteria like fees, ease of access, location, etc.
- Always visit and check the college websites and understand the eligibility and admission process from time to time.
- Make sure to follow the instructions laid by the colleges carefully.
- Always stay updated on the colleges that you want to apply to by visiting their websites and in case of doubt make sure to get connected by a call or mail to the management of the respective college.
- As practice makes perfect therefore do make sure to solve previous years' question papers as many you can solve to get the college of your choice.
PhD Physiotherapy: What is it about?
- PhD in Physiotherapy has been planned to furnish qualified candidates with the mandatory skills needed to operate in the field of Medicinal Chemistry of Various places and associated enterprises along with government bodies.
- PhD in Physiotherapy is a doctorate program.
- The duration of this program is of years. To be eligible for this program a master's degree in the specialized field is mandatory with a qualification in the entrance exam.
- A PhD in Physiotherapy course is available in both the programs that are regular and distance learning.
- PhD in Physiotherapy Program provides training and experiences that prop up interdisciplinary subjects learning, encourage critical and theory-based problem-solving skills to address to help peoples.
- Candidates who are under this program are taught basic psychology to enhance understanding of people's mental state.
- A candidate who graduates PhD in Physiotherapy can join research programs, Lecturer, Therapist, etc.
- The candidate earns INR 5,50,000 LPA in the initial years after some experience and practical knowledge the salary can hike up to INR 10 LPA.
- The tuition fees for this program start from INR 5000 per year to INR 25 LPA.
Why Study PhD Physiotherapy?
- PhD in Physiotherapy program is advantageous for candidates who want to achieve leadership roles in the field of psychology, particularly strategy analysis collaborated with the government.
- During a degree in Physiotherapy, Candidates are allowed to work in various organizations and practices.
- The main purpose of the PhD in Physiotherapy program is to make candidates responsive and achieve skilful knowledge obtainable on the subject and distribute their theses and earn accordingly.
- PhD in Physiotherapy facilitates the integration of practical fieldwork with academic subjects.
PhD Physiotherapy: Top Colleges
The top colleges that provide PhD in Physiotherapy are mentioned in the table below along with the location and fees:
|College/University Name||Average Fees|
|Loyola College, Chennai||INR 1,83,750|
|Presidency College, Chennai||INR 75,000|
|Basanthali University, Jaipur||INR 1,27,500|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi||INR 64,500|
|University of Calcutta, Kolkata||INR 1,12,500|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science, (BITS Pilani), Pilani||INR 1,10,000|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Science, Manipal||INR 2,77,000|
|National Institute of Pharmaceutical and Research, Gujarat||INR 1,30,000|
|JSS College of Pharmacy, Tamil Nadu||INR 2,00,000|
|JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore||INR 2,00,000|
PhD Physiotherapy: College Comparison
Some of the top Colleges offering PhD in Physiotherapy are compared on the parameters of their rank, average fees, package, etc:
|Parameters||Loyola College||Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Science||National Institute of Pharmaceutical and Research|
|Overview||Loyola College, established in the year 1925. It is an autonomous university.||Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Science, established in 1963. It is a private university.||National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, is a Government-funded university established in 1999.|
|Average Fees||INR 1,83,750||INR 2,77,000||INR 1,30,000|
|Average Placement Package||INR 5,00,000||INR 6,24,000||INR 4,54,000|
PhD Physiotherapy: Syllabus
The syllabus for PhD in Physiotherapy generally differs from college to college. The first two years in PhD are based upon college knowledge and the remaining 1 years working in an organization or researching along with a thesis. Thus, the syllabus of PhD in Physiotherapy is mentioned in the given table below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Fundamentals of Physiotherapy||Fundamentals of Research|
|Spectral Analysis of medicines and Design||Ethics in Research|
|Basics of Biostatics||Main Structure and analysis of Central value|
|StasticalTechniques for dispersion||Advanced Testings|
|Testings||Fundamental of Drug Sampling|
|Basic of Regression Analysis||Basics of Probability|
PhD Physiotherapy: Course Comparison
PhD in Physiotherapy and MPhil Physiotherapy are similar but below are the differentiating pointers in the courses:
|Parameters||PhD in Physiotherapy||MPhil In Physiotherapy|
|Duration||3 Years||2 Years|
|Level Type||Post Graduation||Post Graduation|
|Overview||Focus more on the Doctorate higher to the master's degree in the Medicinal Chemistry domain.||Focus much more on the master's aspect of the degree, application-oriented, problem solved, and analytical skills.|
|Eligibility Criteria||A Masters Degree||A Masters Degree|
|Admission Process||Entrance Test + Merit list||Entrance Test + Merit list|
PhD Physiotherapy: Job Profiles
After the successful completion of the course, a can opt to work either in the public sector or the private. Both of these sectors provide good opportunities.
Physiotherapy is a fruitful and rewarding career. After the candidates clear the license examination of a particular country, higher opportunities open up for a fresher to seek work in the healthcare industry.
A physiotherapist is responsible to prescribe remedial exercises for easing pain in muscles and bones. They also help in strengthening muscles after major accidents to regain lost control. A physiotherapist also ensures that the patient is balanced neurologically. Some of the Job Positions where the graduate's work are as mentioned below:
|Job Profiles||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Physiotherapist||A physiotherapist is responsible for analyzing patients. They are also Responsible for the psychoanalysis and understanding of statistics for preparation and front actions and agenda initiative.||INR 2,00,000 LPA - 7,00,000 LPA|
|Lecturer||A Lecturer works with colleges and universities and guides future candidates towards learning and implementing the basics of physiotherapy. They also facilities to help improve the well-being of people as a community.||INR 2,50,000 LPA - 7,00,000 LPA|
|Researcher||Research Physiotherapists show analysis and then administer statistics beginning early days teaching disability, and physical condition projects. They are also accountable for adding professional status to the firm.||INR 6,00,000 - 8,00,000|
|Osteopath||An Osteopath is an individual who offers help and counsel using various techniques which involve stretching, touching, etc.||INR 3,00,000 - 9,00,000|
|Consultant||They provide direct services to patients who seek treatment under them.||INR 3,00,000 - 4,00,000|
PhD Physiotherapy: Future Scope
- A candidate after successful completion of a degree in PhD in Physiotherapy is eligible to take Job Opportunities.
- Some of the job roles that are available after the booming achievement of this Program will be including programs, Lecturer, Therapist, etc. The candidate earns INR 5,50,000 LPA in the initial years after some experience and practical knowledge the salary can hike up to INR 10 LPA.
- The prospect of PhD in Physiotherapy program is high and estimated to increase in the upcoming time.
- PhD is the highest degree a person can obtain in PhD in the Physiotherapy field, you can do research work in the area.
PhD in Physiotherapy: FAQs
Ques: What are the documents required for a PhD in Physiotherapy?
Ques: What is the salary scale obtained from a PhD in Physiotherapy?
Ques: What are the Job Opportunities available after the successful completion of this course?
Ques: What are the benefits of choosing a PhD in Physiotherapy?
Ques: Are there any scholarships available for PhD in Physiotherapy?