There are two semesters in one year. This is a practical-heavy programme and will largely involve hands-on learning in fake settings on campus, field work, and an internship. A final project is compulsory for all students.
Assessment will be partly on the basis of examination in theory and partly on the basis of class assignments and practical work. A student will be expected to get a minimum of 40% marks in each exam. Subsequently students will be attached to a newspaper, magazine, or any other media organization for internship at the end of the programme.
Name of the subject
Principles of Mass Communication
· Communication theory concept, process and research
· Communication models and Development communication
· History of Media
· Media ethics and laws
· International communication
The objective of this course is to teach students the communication models and theory.
· Product branding and equity
· Integrated media marketing and ad sales
· New media laws, content sharing and tie-up models.
· Audience research (NRS, IRS, TAM)
· Online journalism and content management
· A peep into future technology
· Political and judicial System
· Indian Parliamentary democracy
· Major Indian national and regional parties
The goal of this course is to make students understand the Economics of news channels.
Political system of other major nations
· Indian and International judicial system
· Intelligence agencies and their international networking
This subject helps the candidates to learn about both Indian and International judicial system
Camera - Sound - Studio-Editing
· Basic camera functions and its operations
· Spy cam, mobile cam uses as a reporter
· Understanding sound
· Understanding the studio
· Concept and process of Video Editing
· Animation and Graphics
The goal of this subject is to teach students how to operate camera and edit sound.
· Elements of production
· Packaging of a story
· Packaging of a program
· News wheel
The objective of this course to help students gain knowledge about different elements of news production.
· News gathering and reporting concept, process and skills
· TV interviews - Techniques and skills
This course helps students learn different aspects of reporting and skills.
· Introduction to creative writing
· Writing for TV news and programs
· Structure and content of writing
· Writing for different news formats
· Web writing
This subject teaches students the structure and various formats of news writing.
On the screen
It is a useful subject that helps an individual understands how to act in front of a screen.
A student has to undergo internship in a respected media house at the end of the last semester.
Submission of final project
A student has to submit a TV or radio documentary, a print portfolio or an online project at the end of the course.