PGD or Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing is a 1 year postgraduate level course, providing students with a versatile knowledge of content strategy, Search Engine Optimisation, Search Engine Marketing and Email Marketing
Check: Digital Marketing Courses
Students looking for admission must have cleared a Bachelor's Degree in applicable discipline or its equivalent from a recognised university or college.
Admission to this course is selective and is done by both merit and entrance tests. However, some institutions might take an interview before giving admission.
PGD in Digital Marketing syllabus include classroom studies, computer lab work, Introduction to digital marketing, Creation and Planning of Website, Digital Media Planning and buying, Art of Pitching, Client – Oriented Strategy and so on.
On the basis of favoured opinions Birla Institute of Management Technology, Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Universal Business School are some of the famous colleges for PG Diploma in Digital Marketing. The average annual fee for this certified program is INR 40,000 to 150,000.
Check: PGDM Courses in India
The job options for PGD in Digital Marketing are SEO Executive, Copywriter, ORM Executive, Content Writer, Digital Marketer, Paid Media Executive. The average salary for PG Diploma in Digital Marketing ranges from INR 2.5 lac per annum to INR 5 lac per annum depending upon company.
After completion of PG Diploma in Digital Marketing course, one can get jobs in top companies like Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, Accenture, Wipro and WebFX, Max Audience and Gozoop, etc.
PGD Digital Marketing: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post graduate|
|Full Form||Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management Marketing|
|Examination Type||Semester and Annual|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduate with at least 50% marks or equivalent in any recognised Institute|
|Admission Process||Merit or Entrance|
|Average Course Fee||INR 5,000 - 10 Lacs|
|Subjects||Content creation, Introduction to digital marketing, Email Marketing, SEO, Web Remarketing.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, Accenture, Wipro and WebFX, Max Audience and Gozoop|
|Top Job Position||SEO Executive, Copywriter, ORM Executive, Content Writer, Digital Marketer, Paid Media Executive.|
What is the PGD Digital Marketing Eligibility Criteria?
- The eligibility criteria is that the candidate should have passed its Bachelor’s Degree with distinction in any discipline from a UGC recognised university or college.
- Candidates must have scored 60% marks in Bachelor's Degree in the same field.
- Candidate 10+2 level marks should ne be less than 55% marks in aggregate from a recognised school.
What is the PGD Digital Marketing Admission Process?
Admission Process of PGD in Digital Marketing depends on college to college. Some colleges conduct entrance tests for admission and on the basis of entrance test score selection is done, whereas some colleges offer admission on merit basis along with a personal interview.
The following are some of the most popular entrance exams that are being conducted by the colleges for admission to the course:
What are the top PGD Digital Marketing Entrance Exams?
Some of the important entrance exams conducted by esteemed universities and colleges are listed below.
|Exam Name||Conducting Body||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|CAT||Tata Consultancy Services||To be announced||Online|
|MAT||All India Management Association||February 20, 2021||Online and offline|
|XAT||Xavier Labour Relation Institute Jamshedpur||1st week of January, 2022||Online|
|ATMA||AIMS Test for Management Admissions||February 14, 2021||Online|
PGD Digital Marketing: Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
For better preparation students can refer to the following points –
- Prepare a schedule for each subject mentioned in the syllabus. Stick to that schedule and give each subject equal time.
- Make sure your basics are clear so while studying advanced chapters you do not face any difficulty. A strong comprehension of basics shall be convenient.
- Practice as much as you can because the entrance test is all about practice. Do previous year question papers and attempt mock tests at 2 in a day.
- Toppers suggest 10+2 level NCERT and graduation level reference books and other publications books.
- Candidates should thoroughly revise these books before going for papers.
Why Study PGD Digital Marketing?
Here are few points why you should pursue PGD in digital marketing:
High – end Salary Packages – Digital Marketing is a rising domain and there is acute scarcity of ample digital marketing talent, organisations are ready to provide high compensation to worthy candidates. The annual average salary of a successfully postgraduate digital marketer ranges from INR 1.5 lakhs to 3 lakhs and candidates with experience, it can range up to INR 15 LPA to 22 LPA.
Enjoy Flexibility – Most digital marketing candidates enjoy flexible working hours. As the whole domain goes around the internet and internet based marketing methods, so physical location barely matters. A digital marketer can brainstorm and perform their work from anywhere.
Enhance your creativity skills – Digital Marketing is a rising sector which means it is still developing. When you register in a postgraduate digital marketing program you are trained to learn all relevant skills and techniques and by the time you successfully postgraduate your diploma you have the necessary knowledge and hand on experience to amplify marketing strategies.
Wide Range of Career Options – The best aspect of pursuing a digital marketer course is that it is not confined to one single field. Companies in every sector of the industry are ready to hire a candidate with a degree of Digital Marketing for expanding their business. So, with a Digital Marketing Certificate in your hand, you can find a job in any sector.
PGD Digital Marketing: Course Advantages
- Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing taught us how to amalgamate new plans and stratagem with customary marketing tools and implementations aimed at seizing new customers, gaining customers' trust, offering high – level customer services, coming up with new ideas, manufacturing new products and performing market research.
- The diploma program unites key logical and customer windows – shop behaviour into your digital marketing endeavour.
- The Diploma program is not concentrated on technical skills, the program instigates candidates, to the key automation that Digital Marketers utilize to gain business objectives.
PGD Digital Marketing: Course Comparison
Here is the comparison between PGD Digital Marketing and PGD Computer Application:
|Basis||PG Diploma in Digital Marketing||PG Diploma in Computer Application|
|Objective||The objective of the program is to provide students with a versatile handful knowledge of content strategy, Search Engine Optimisation, Search Engine Marketing and Email Marketing.||The objective of the course is to go around the up-skilled modern aspect of computers. Beginning from programming, HTML and business operation.|
|Duration||1 year||1 year|
|Subjects Taught||Creation and Planning of Website, Digital Media Planning and buying, Art of Pitching, Client – Oriented Strategy.||Web Programming, HTML, Java, Data Structure, Operating System and Algorithms.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based or entrance exam||Merit based or entrance exam.|
|Annual Average Fee||INR 40,000 to 150,000.||INR 30,000 to 200,000|
|Salary||INR 1.5LPA to 15 LPA||INR 3 LPA to 7 LPA|
|Job Positions||SEO Executive, Copywriter, ORM Executive, Content Writer, Digital Marketer, Paid Media Executive.||Computer Program Analyst, Java Developer, Project Manager, IT Consultant and Interface Engineer.|
|Top Colleges||Taxila Business School, IPS Business College, Woxsen University, All india Management Association, New Delhi.||Jaipur National University, DAV College, Patna Women’s College, University of Science. and Technology.|
PGD Digital Marketing: Top Colleges
Many colleges are offering this course in India. Some of the top colleges offering this course are listed below –
|Name of the College||Average fees (INR)|
|Birla Institute of Management Technology||3 lakhs|
|N.L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research||1.20 lakhs|
|Universal Business School||80,000|
|International Management Institute||2.28 lakhs|
|Aditya Institute of Management Studies and Research||1.90 lakhs|
PGD Digital Marketing: College Comparison
|Basis||Loyola Institute of Business Administration||Alliance University|
|Ranking 2020||NIRF 50||NIRF 39|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 95,500||INR 150,000|
|Average Annual Placement Packages||INR 700,000||INR 12,00,000|
|Top Companies Visited||IBM, Cognizant, Mindtree, Cerberus, Freshwork, Dell, Inatech.||Amazon, Oracle, Paytm, Salesforce, Makemytrip, Byju’s.|
PGD Digital Marketing: Top Colleges Admission Tips
Here are some steps through which you can easily get admission in good college
- Score the best possible marks in 10+2 level because marks are extremely important.
- Involve yourself in extracurricular and co - curricular activities . Develop a leader in yourself. Evolve your interest in one or more areas.
- In order to avoid stress, start searching for good colleges early. Make a folder and put all necessary information in that.
- Prepare for the entrance test by 12th class NCERT and reference books.
PGD Digital Marketing: Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Introduction to Digital Marketing||Digital Media Planning and Buying|
|Website Planning & Creation||Web Remarketing|
|Search Engine Optimisation||Email Marketing|
|Search Engine Marketing||Design Essential|
|Social Media Marketing||E- Commerce Management|
|Content Strategy||Adsense, Blogging|
|Web Analytics||Art of Pitching|
PGD Digital Marketing: Recommended Books
|Hacking Growth||Morgan Brown & Sean Ellis|
|New Rules of Marketing and PR||David Meerman Scott|
|The Art of SEO||Eric Enge, Stephen Spencer|
|Content Marketing||Joe Pulizzi|
|Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation & Practice||Dave Chaffey & Fiona Ellis Chadwick|
|The Big Data – Driven business||Russell Glass & Sean Callahan|
|E – Commerce for Small Business||Jakob Summers|
PGD Digital Marketing: Job Prospects
The candidates, after their successful completion of the course, would have plenty of career opportunities in the fields of marketing and advertising such as Marketing Executive, Brand Manager, Market Research Analyst, Marketing Communications Manager, Advertising Manager, etc. They could explore career opportunities across the public and the private sector as well.
Top Job Profile and Average Salary are given below:
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Content Creator||INR 3,00,000 to INR 5,00,000|
|Digital Marketing Specialist||INR 300,000 to INR 400,0000|
|SEO Analyst||INR 200,000 to INR 660,000|
|Lecturer / Professor||INR 150,000 to 400,0000|
|ORM Executive||INR 260,000 to INR 357,000|
|Paid Media Executive||INR 500,000 to INR 750,000|
|Copywriter||INR 270,000 to INR 800,000|
Future scope after PGD Digital Marketing
After completing the Executive PGD Management (Marketing) course Post Graduation can continue doing their further study and go for a PhD. It will enhance their language skills and provide more knowledge. Post Graduates can work in the government sector as well as the private sector.
- MBA Marketing: It is basically a postgraduate program having a 1-3 year duration. The course is pursued by working professionals who want to have a quick growth in a career and extend their area of expertise. Check: Top MBA marketing Colleges in India
- PhD: If a student wants to continue in the same field of education, the second program of choice is a PhD. It is a three to five year duration course and the eligibility criteria include having a Executive Post Graduate Diploma Degree in related disciplines.
See Also: Top PhD Colleges in India
PGD Digital Marketing: FAQs
Ques. Documents that are needed at the time of admission?
Ans. Documents are –
- Graduation Certificate - attested copy
- 10+2 Certificate - attested copy
- Adhar Card - attested copy
- Birth Certificate
- Domicile Certificate - attested copy
- Passport size photographs
- Transfer Certificate and,
- Character Certificate
Ques. Can I apply for a PG Diploma in Digital Marketing after b.sc?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for a PG Diploma in Digital Marketing after BSc.
Ques. Can I apply for BTech after PG Diploma in Digital Marketing?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for B.Tech/BE after PG Diploma in Digital Marketing.
Ques. Can I apply for distance education for a PG Diploma in Digital Marketing course?
Ans. Yes you can apply for distance education for PG Diploma in Digital Marketing course.
Ques. How many semesters are there in a PG Diploma course?
Ans. There are four semesters in PG Diploma course.
Ques. Can I apply for a PG Diploma in Digital Marketing without an entrance exam?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for a PG Diploma in Digital Marketing without an entrance exam. Some colleges take admission on merit basis of the last qualifying exam.