PGDIB stands for Post Graduate Diploma in International Business which is a 2 year course and focuses on building a foundation in international business by equipping the learners with necessary conceptual and analytical skills required in International business.
The minimum eligibility criteria required for pursuing this course is graduation.
See Also: PGDIB Colleges
Generally to get admission to a PGDIB college, you have to go through a college entrance exam or the admission is merit based.
India has many colleges that offer PGDIB courses. PGDIB is offered by only some top colleges in India.Tabulated below are some of the top colleges that offer PGDIB:
The average course fee charged for this course is between INR 50 k – 2lac for the span of 2 years. On completion of this course, the candidates are capable of working in employment areas likes colleges and universities, import-export houses, regional trade blocks, etc.
PGDIB Course Highlights
|Full Form||Post Graduate Diploma in International Business|
|Admission Process||Merit Based; College Entrance examination|
|Course fees||INR 50,00 to INR 3,00,000|
|Average salary||INR 25,000 to INR 4,00,000|
|Top recruiting companies||Import-export companies; Accenture; McKinsey & Company; deutsche Bank|
|Job positions||Research Analyst; International marketing manager; Product manager|
PGDIB Admission Process
PGDIB is a course offered only by a few universities in the country. The admission process is not the same for every college.There are different conditions and criteria that different colleges hold for admissions. Check the bulleted points for details.
Admissions may be on the basis of merit of a student. Specifically he aggregates 10+2. This process will require some documents that a student will have to submit to grant a seat.
The other process involves an entrance exam conducted by the educational body and the selection is on the basis of the percentile scored in that particular examination. This process will require the following steps:
- Registration: you will have to fill an application form online
- Fill up details: the application will have curtails fields wherein you need to fill up your details.
- Submit documents: Scan and upload the documents required in the format specified in the application form.
- Application fee: pay the application fees during the submission of the form via online methods
- Download admit Card: Admit card will be released once the candidate is judged for eligibility. Download the admit card and carry it in the day of the examination.
- Examination: The next step is to attend the examination
- Results: Once you score the required percentile in the examination, you will be able to get the seat.
PGDIB Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for PGDIB courses might be a little different from other post graduate courses but is in fact very simple. Here are the criteria bulleted below:
- Since PGDIB is a post graduate course, one has to complete their graduation first for pursuing PGDIB. Bachelor’s degrees from all the streams are welcome though a degree in management is preferred.
- Some institutes conduct an entrance examination to test the eligibility of a candidate.
- Diploma holders with a 3 year diploma in polytechnic from a recognized institute and a supervisory experience of 5 years can also apply.
PGDIB Entrance Exams
There is no homogenous exam conducted for this course. Different colleges have different policies to select candidates. Not all institutes conduct entrance examinations, only some do.
How to get admission in a good PGDIB college?
To get admission in good colleges, having a good percentile and aggregate is very important. Here are some tips to secure seats in some top PGDIB colleges:
- Keep updated with the cutoff marks of the entrance examinations
- Know the college fees and placement structure of the top colleges so that it matches your requirements.
- Work hard since many colleges give seats on the basis of the percentage secured in their Bachelor’s degree.
- Check College reviews and the college curriculum provided by the college for PGDIB.
- Make sure that the college you choose has good faculties and they can provide proper theoretical and practical knowledge.
PGDIB Top Colleges
The top colleges for PGDIB is listed below:
|Name of College/University||Avg Annual Fees in INR|
|Accman Institute of Management||INR 3,00,000( first year) INR 2,40,000 (second year)|
|Andhra University||INR 30,000|
|Avagmah Business school||INR 52,000|
|Advanced Institute of management||INR 20,00,00|
|Savitribai Phule Pune University||INR 40,00,000|
|Amity University||INR 80,000|
PGDIB College Comparison
|Parameters||Accman Institute of Management||Management Development Institute||Andhra university|
|Overview||Accman Institute of Management is a well-reputed institute in providing an excellent education in the field of management.||Management Development Institute (MDI Gurgaon), is one of the top private management Colleges in India. Ranked 10 in the management category by NIRF 2020, it is famous for its MBA/PGDM, Executive MBA/ PGDM courses.||Andhra University (AU) is one of the prestigious universities located in Visakhapatnam. In the recent placements, a total of 464 students were placed with salary packages ranging between 3 LPA to 13 LPA.|
|Average Fees||INR 3,00,000( first year) INR 2,40,000 (second year)||INR 20,000||INR 30,000|
|Average Placement Package||INR 4,00,000 to INR 5,00,000||INR 7,00,000||INR 6,00,000|
|International marketing and management|
|Export-import procedures and documentation|
|Economics system and foreign trade in india|
|Commercial laws and overseas marketing research|
|Field visit report and viva voice|
Some books to follow:
|Name of Book||Author|
|International marketing: A strategic approach to the world||Simon Majare|
|International marketing||Fayerweather John|
|Multinational Marketing management||Warren J. Keegan|
|International Marketing||Kramor R.L|
|Principles of foreign exchange||Chatterjee A.K|
|India’s foreign trade||Dagli V|
PGDIB Course comparison
Both PGDIB and MBA are postgraduate courses. The former refers to a diploma in International business while the latter refers to master’s in business administration. Both the courses have similarities and yet are different. Highlighted below are the differences between the two:
|Duration||2 years||2 years|
|Focus area||Focuses on educating students in different aspects of business analytics||Mainly focuses on qualities like leadership, planning, business strategy.|
|Admission criteria||Entrance exam or merit based||CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, GRE etc|
|Eligibility criteria||Graduation||Graduation with 50 %(60 % for IIT’s and IIM’s). Some Institutes ask for some prior work experience of 4-5 years|
|Average course fees||INR 50,000 to INR 3,00,000||INR 20,000 to INR 19,76,000|
|Job options||International Marketing manager; Financial analyst; Research analyst||Marketing manager; database administrator; Business operation manager|
|Average placement package||INR 25,05,000||INR 3,00,000 to INR 28,00,000|
What is PGDIB about?
PGDIB is a course that offers you to be part of international businesses and helps to grow a lot both personality and workwise.The information and details about PGDIB is as follows:
- PGDIB is a course that is very different from other post graduate courses. It allows students to get prepared for a big world. It helps a lot to find jobs in international companies.
- PGDIB mainly focuses on subjects related to international businesses.
- PGDIB graduate’s career have many opportunities to grow due to the exposure to the international market.
- PGDIB is a short duration course and students learn a lot in this period of time. This course is designed to develop skills and resources required in the global economy.
Why study PGDIB?
PGDIB is a course designed for students to gain skills required for the international market. It opens up a whole new world for the students. Since you get a chance to work with international companies, your performance’s expectations are high and that’s what this course makes you ready for. Here are some points bulleted below on why you should pursue this course.
- PGDIB will make you knowledgeable in terms of international business
- Helps you in having a career in the international market. Other than that you get very good opportunities to travel across countries
- You get a wide number of companies that you can choose to work
- The course is offered by only the best universities and institutes.
- PGDIB is a much cheaper course than other post graduate courses.
PGDIB opens up your opportunities in the international market. Helps you connect with international companies with a handsome salary and gives more scope to grow.
- You can work as International marketing manager, Research analyst, international financial analyst etc.
- Job options in various arenas open up like import-export, college and universities etc.
- The top companies that recruit include McKinsey & Company, Accenture, Microsoft Corporation.
|Job profile||JOB Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Financial analyst||Financial analysts assess stock and other investment performances. They guide businesses my making investment decisions and strategies.||INR 10,50,000|
|Research analyst||Research analysts are professionals who research and analyses international market ensuring business strategies align with the business||INR 10,50,00|
|International Marketing manager||International Marketing manager is responsible for developing business strategies to promote sales of their organization’s product or services.||INR 11,50,000|
|International product manager||International product manager are Professionals that and to deal with the launch and selling of products and ensure it qualifies the companies quality standards.||INR 10,00,000|
|Business developer||Business developers job is to work with the marketing staff and work and make strategies that increase the sales and revenue of the company||INR 10,50,000|
PGDIB Future Scope
PGDIB’s main objective is to train students in the field of foreign trade and international business. It helps students to develop skills required for international trade and business. The future of PGDIB graduates is quite bright, keeping globalization in mind.
- PGDIB graduates have an international career well ahead of them.
- India is a country where foreign companies like to invest. And as the population increases, in the near future it can draw the attention of more and more companies to lay their foundation here.
- PGDIB graduates are skilled and have practical knowledge which will help them seek jobs in top level companies that require potential and skilled labour.
- PGDIB graduates have high demand in a lot of areas and get jobs that pay well. From MNC’s to investment banks and also they get to experience and international exposure.
Ques. What is the course duration of PGDIB?
Ans. PGDIB is a 2-year course.
Ques. Is there an entrance examination conducted for PGDIB?
Ans. The admission criteria differs from college to college. Some college take an entrance examination while others hold is merit based.
Ques. What is the average fee required for this course?
Ans. The average fee required for PGDIB courses ranges from INR 50,000 to INR 3,00,000.
Ques. What are the top companies that recruit PGDIB graduates?
Ans. The top companies to recruit PGDIB graduates are McKinsey& company, Accenture, Deutshe Bank etc.
Ques. How much do PGDIB graduates earn?
Ans. -Yes, PGDIB graduates earn a lot and of course the salary goes up with experience and potential.
Ques. What are the benefits of PGDIB?
Ans. PGDIB graduates have a wide range of companies to choose from and also work with international companies. They get to polish their personalities when they get so much exposure.
Ques. What is PGDIB’s scope in India?
Ans. India’ growing population signifies huge consumption of products and hence possibility of major companies to grow here. So you can think there’s a bright future for students pursuing PGDIB.
Ques. Is PGDIB better than MBA?
Ans.The main question is which should be better for you. Both are good courses while PGDIB will offer you more practical and international knowledge at lower course fees than MBA
Ques. How to get a seat for a PGDIB college?