What is PGDM International Business?
PGDM-IB or Post graduate diploma in International Business is a specialized course offering expertise in international trade and practices, opportunity to learn work ethics of worldwide businesses and rules and regulations of import and export across the borders.
The individuals pursuing this course are in much demand to take up managerial positions in Companies dealing in International Trades or as experts in consultancies helping businesses expand their sizes to international markets.
It is a two-year course which includes a 4 semester and Summer Internship Program.
Eligibility requirement for PGDM-IB course is minimum 50% marks in 10th and 12th class, a Bachelor’s Degree in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks. Few colleges in addition to these require some years of work experience.
Some of the colleges offering PGDM-IB course with their basic details are given below:
|India Today Ranking||College||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|7||Management Development Institute, Gurugram||Entrance Test||INR 25,00,000||INR 22,05,000|
|14||Institute of Management Studies, Ghaziabad||Entrance Test||INR 7,95,000||INR 6,00,000|
|21||Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), UP||Entrance Test||INR 12,00,000||INR 8,18,000|
|40||Asia- Pacific Institute of management, Delhi||Entrance Test||INR 9,65,000||INR 8,10,000|
|-||Fore School of Management, New Delhi||Entrance Test||INR 3,99,500||INR 10,60,000|
The average fee charged for the course is INR 9,00,000 - 10,00,000 . It can increase or decrease depending on the international and national recognition of College, facilities offered etc.
Number of Job opportunities are available to the individuals with PGDM-IB courses such as Business Analyst, Export Manager, International Finance manager, International Customer Relations Manager and they offer salaries in the range of INR 3,50,000- 16,00,000 or more.
Other than these careers, graduates in PGDM-IB can also take up a career in research, teaching, advising, consultancy and entrepreneurship.
What is the PGDM International Business Admission Process?
Admission Process for PGDM International Business is mainly through entrance exams taken by the candidate and academic history. Here are some important points in regards to admission process:
- People who wish to apply for PGDM-IB are required to appear for entrance exams such as CAT, MAT, CMAT, XAT etc.
- They are simultaneously required to fill the application forms of the colleges they want to join.
- Colleges will release their cut off and list of shortlisted candidates.
- Selected candidates will then appear for Group discussion/ Personal Interview and other tests as per Institute requirement.
- Candidate will be selected based on his overall performance in the tests, GD and Interviews.
What is the PGDM International Business Eligibility Criteria?
The Eligibility Criteria for PGDM IB are stated below:
- 50% marks (Equivalent CGPA) or above in class 10th and 12th.
- Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (Equivalent CGPA) or above from any recognized university.
- Some institutes may require an additional condition of work experience to be met for admissions.
What are the Top PGDM International Business Entrance Exams?
Some of the top entrance exams given by candidates to secure admission in PGDM International Business are:
- CAT: The common admission test is conducted by the IIMs as a mandatory requirement of admitting students in Management Courses at IIMs.
- MAT: MAT is a mandatory exam to be taken by candidates interested in taking admission in MBA and allied programs.
- CMAT: It is a national Level Entrance exam for admissions in management programmes in top Business Schools.
- XAT: XAT is used by more than 160 B-Schools in India for admissions.
|Exam||Conducting Body||Application Date||Exam Date|
|CAT||IIM||Aug 5 - Sept 23, 2020||Nov 29, 2020|
|MAT||AIMA||Nov 23 - 29, 2020||Dec 6, 2020|
|XAT||XLRI||Sept 12 - Nov 30, 2020||Jan 3, 2021|
How to Prepare for PGDM International Business Entrance Exams?
Here are some tips that will help you strategize for PGDM International Business Entrance Exams:
- Start with questions you know, divide time between sections, double check the selected answers, don’t give extra time to tricky questions.
- Time management is very crucial, focus more on sections other than GK, choose questions appropriately.
- Never ever stick to one question, save difficult questions for the last, do not over stress.
How to Get Admission in Top PGDM International Business Colleges?
PGDM-IB selection process includes simple stages i.e. writing MBA Entrance Exams, filling application form of the respective universities and giving GD-PI and WATs as conducted by the institutions but to get into a good college, various things should be kept in mind.
- Maintain a good academic record. The minimum criteria for admission is 50% marks (Equivalent CGPA) or above in class 10th and 12th but top business colleges require your best performances in every field, so prepare hard.
- Get top grades in the bachelor’s programme and show eventual progress in the academic record. Although a min. the requirement of 50% is needed to appear in exams, getting selected requires a lot more.
- Have relevant work-experience in the field. Although experience is not a mandatory requirement in many business schools, people with good experience and leadership skills are preferred for admissions in management exams.
- Ace the MBA entrance exams such as CAT, MAT, GMAT, XAT etc. These are compulsory requirements for applying in any management Course.
- Start preparing in advance for the Group-discussions, Personal Interviews and Written Aptitude Test of the institutes as an excellent performance in these can get you a seat at the MBA College of your choice.
See more: PGDM International Business Cut-Offs
PGDM International Business : What is it About?
The Post Graduate Diploma in International Business is a course aimed at developing the business and managerial skills in the student with the perspective of Global Market.
- Students under this course learn how the interaction of the Indian market with the international businesses affect each other and how to come up with appropriate solutions to expand the business of their companies across the borders.
- This course opens up a number of job opportunities in Banks, Financial Institutions, Investment Companies, International Business Consultancies etc.
- Students can either work for business dealing with International Operations Management or open their own Consultancy or Businesses after doing this course.
PGDM International Business: Course Highlights
This course gives an edge to the management student over other fields competing in the domestic market.
|Course Level||Post Graduate Diploma|
|Full-Form||Post Graduate Diploma in Management- International Business|
|Eligibility||Bachelor's degree with 50% marks|
|Admission Process||Entrance Test|
|Course Fee||INR 8,00,000 - 25,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 12,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Infosys, Boston Consulting Group, Accenture, FedEx, BlueDart, ONGC, Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft Corporation, Deutsche Bank, Pepsi, Morgan Stanley among others|
Why Study PGDM International Business?
In today’s world of cut-throat competition, PGDM in IB broadens the opportunities available for the student. Businesses are expanding all over the world and a degree in International Business management comes handy when the jobs are shrinking in our country.
- Variety of Industries: Students can opt for various specializations and end up in an industry of their choice such as Banks, Financial Institutions, Trade houses, investment companies, international business consultancies and export-import companies, airlines, cargo, global shipping companies etc.
- Practical knowledge in the Business Field: Students are assigned with industrial case-studies to foster a better understanding of the business environment. Students learn to work under pressure and develop technical knowhow of business and exceptional managerial skills.
- Entrepreneurship: Number of people want to start their own businesses but fail to do so due to lack of marketing and Business strategies. A course in PGDM-IB equips you to start your own business without worry. Consultancy firms are one viable option.
- Easy switch to foreign market: Some people want to settle abroad and work. This aspiration becomes a lot achievable with PGDM-IB course since you already have knowledge of managing international operations and business transactions. Thus, it makes switching jobs across countries an easy task.
Course Comparison: PGDM vs PGDM International Business
Post graduate Diploma and Postgraduate Diploma in International Business; although similar in nature have minor differences. The similarities and differences of both the courses are discussed below.
|PGDM||PGDM International Business|
|To train and produce Future managers||To produce managers who can work with companies engaged in International Business Operations|
|New Course – Introduced 11 years back||Old course- introduced 23 years back|
|More focus is on understanding problems that generate with linking of Indian businesses to the foreign ones.||Aimed at developing improved thinking and concept building for improved decision making|
|Students of PGDM-IB are taught with a perspective of the global environment.||Students at PGDM Course are taught generally keeping the corporate world in mind, not necessarily linked to International Business operations.|
What are the Top PGDM International Business Colleges?
Number of colleges providing specialization in PGDM-IB courses is few as compared to other management colleges. The selection process for PGDM-IB is similar to any MBA course and requires clearing of MBA entrance Exams. A list of top colleges providing specialization in this field is provided below for your convenience.
|India Today Ranking||College Name||Total Course Fees||Average Placement Package|
|7||Management Development Institute||INR 25,00,000||INR 22,05,000|
|14||Institute of Management Studies||INR 7,95,000||INR 6,00,000|
|21||Birla Institute Of Management Technology||INR 12,00,000||INR 8,18,000|
|40||Asia- Pacific Institute of management||INR 9,65,000||INR 8,10,000|
|-||Shanti Business School, Ahmedabad||-||INR 6,00,000|
|-||Fore School of Management||INR 3,99,500||INR 10,60,000|
PGDM International Business: College Comparison
Various colleges across the country are offering courses in PGDM-IB. Although the institutes are providing specialized courses in the same fields, still minor differences make one college better than the other. Provided below is a comparison of top Business Schools offering courses in PGDM-IB. The comparison is done based on their overall ranking according to India Today, Average Fees for the Course, Average Placement offered, top recruiters and other parameters.
|College||Management Development Institute, Gurugram||Institute of Management Studies, Ghaziabad||Birla Institute Of Management Technology|
|Overview||Accredited by AMBA, AICTE, NBA||Accredited by AICTE and NBA.||Accredited by NBA and NAAC (A+)|
|Average Fees||INR 25,00,000||INR 7,95,000||INR 12,00,000|
|Average Placement||INR 22,05,000||INR 6,00,000||INR 8,18,000|
|Top Recruiters||Hinduja Group, Average Group, Infosys Consulting, JSW Group, McKinsey Digital||Colgate, Deloitte, Berger, Airtel, ITC, Kent, Godrej, Amul||Infosys, KPMG, Gartner, nielsen, HDFC Bank, Oppo, Marsh, RAK, MOODY’’s Analytics, Panasonic|
What is the PGDM International Business Syllabus?
A List of the core subjects in term 1 and term 2 of PGDM-IB is provided below while second year is dedicated to the electives:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Organizational Behaviour||Human Resource Management|
|International Economics||Digital Marketing|
|Financial Management||International retail Business|
|Marketing Management||Strategic Management|
|Managerial Economics||International Marketing|
|International Intellectual Property||Management Communication|
|Business Environment||Data Analysis|
|Business Communication||Government Ethics and Policy|
|International Banking and Law||Social- Cultural Management|
|Business Mathematics||Operational Management.|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
What are the PGDM International Business Job Profiles?
Below are some job positions which are bagged by a person pursuing PGDM International Business:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Business Analyst||Understand the changes in business processes and convey its benefits to all the stakeholders||INR 3,50,000|
|Export Manager||To manage the international shipments and ensure that they comply to the laws of the governing authority||INR 5,00,000|
|International Finance Manager||Managing Activities such as accounting operations, grants management, donor and management reporting, budget planning and monitoring, financial analysis and forecasting etc. for the designated client||INR 14,00,000|
|Campaign Manager||They devise and run marketing campaigns for companies||INR 8,00,000|
|International Customer Relations Manager||Helping in building strong and long term relations with clients. Also addressal of customer complaints comes under their responsibility||INR 3,00,000|
|Product Manager||Devise the process of product release and coordinate all activities for launching a product in the market||INR 16,00,000|
|International Marketing Manager||Responsible for increasing the market share and profits of their company.||INR 4,78,000|
|Sales Manager||Responsibilities include hiring of team members, leading the sales team, overseeing their performance and developing processes for driving sales.||INR 5,00,000|
What are the PGDM International Business Future Scope
As we know from the statistics above that the students in PGDM-IB have a number of job opportunities available to them. Recruiters from big companies hire these students for several managerial posts. But this course also offers further options post PGDM in international business, which is discussed below:
- Research Organizations: Doing a PGDM-IB course doesn’t mean you can’t go into the research field. Even the research organizations are in need of management students who can work with them as business analysts or Business Analytical experts.
- Advisor/ Business Consultant: This option is more exciting due to the fact that you can work with companies either as full-time consultants or can provide guidance outwardly as experts.
- Teacher: one of the least mentioned career options is that of a teacher. But some people have a genuine passion for teaching and such passions should be taken forward. With PGDM-IB, you have both the option of either teaching at a business school or at a coaching facility preparing students for MBA exams.
- Entrepreneurship: PGDM-IB course develops the analytical skills of students and instils in them Managerial and Leadership skills. These are a prerequisite for starting any successful business.
PGDM International Business: FAQs
Ques. Can the final year students also apply for PGDM-IB?
Ans. Yes, they can provide they can furnish their graduation proofs latest by 1/10/21
Ques. If there is any Company Sponsored Category, Does the company Sponsored Candidate need to send some document?
Ans. Yes, they need to download the required form from the website, fill it up and get it signed by the Company Head and send it to the institutes.
Ques. Is there any management Quota available?
Ans. Not all the admissions are done on the basis of merit.
Ques. What is the admission process of PGDM-IB?
Ques. What were the cut-offs of PGDM-IB last year at FORE Institute to get a call for the selection Process?
Ques. How is PGDM-IB course in ITM, Mumbai?
Ques. What is the difference between PGDM and PGDM-IB Course in KJ SIMSR?
Ques. What are the placements of PGDM-IB Course in BIMTECH?
Ques. Which is better- Fore PGDM-IB or TAPMI PGDM?