PG Program in Management Finance is a full-time postgraduate program which has a duration of 2 years.
PG Program in Management Finance is an industry oriented course program. It helps the candidates to get placed in the financial institutions and other organizations in the financial sector.
The basic eligibility criteria for the course is the possession of Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized institution or university. The candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% of aggregate score in the qualifying exam.
Admissions for PG Program in Management Finance is done through entrance exams. Various entrance exams like CAT, GMAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, SNAP are conducted for the admission into various top management institutions across India. The average fee paid for this course varies from INR 1 to 3 Lakhs.
The exams are conducted on a semester basis where there are a total of 4 semesters for 2 years. Each semester has a duration of 6 months. In each semester, the students are educated in both theory subjects as well as practical labs.
Graduates of PG Program in Management Finance are placed at leading companies such as Deloitte, KPMG, PwC, EY, and other banks. They are working in roles such as risk manager and regulator, fund manager, investment consultant, etc. The average starting salary provided to the graduates ranges from INR 8 to 10 Lakhs per year, depending upon the field experience.
PG in Management Finance: Course Highlights
|Course level||Post Graduate|
|Admission Process||Based on Counselling after clearing Entrance Tests CAT, GMAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA for different colleges|
|Eligibility||Graduate in any discipline, from a recognized University|
|Course fee||INR 1 to 20 lakhs|
|Average salary||INR 6 to 8 lakhs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Deloitte, KPMG, PwC, EY, banks like HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Benchmark Mutual Funds, Birla Sun Life, L&T Mutual Fund, Canara Bank, SBI Mutual Fund, IDFC, TATA, AIG Investments, Aditya Birla Finance, Bank of India, LIC, Reliance Life Insurance|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Capital Markets, Mutual Funds, Derivatives, Currency and Commodity Markets, Financial Services, Investment Banking, Treasury, Wealth Management, Stockbroking, Asset Management, Financial Journalism|
|Job Positions||Project Manager, Manager – Capital Markets, Investment Bankers, Business Analyst, ETC Risk Manager, Credit Analyst, Liabilities Manager, Assets Manager, Operations Manager, Anti Money Laundering Specialist, FOREX Specialist, Inspection and Audit Specialist|
PG in Management Finance: Eligibility
The minimum eligibility required for pursuing the course is any of the following:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum aggregate graduation score of 50 percent in any discipline from a recognized university or an equivalent degree recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum aggregate graduation score of less than 50 percent, but a minimum of 2 years of work experience, in any discipline from a recognized university or an equivalent degree recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- SC/ST applicants and people with disabilities are given consideration (PWD).
- Engineering / Commerce / Mathematics / Economics candidates earn an advantage over the remaining applicants.
- Applicants with BCA / MCA / BE/ engineering backgrounds who are looking for specialization also can apply.
- Preference is provided to individuals with higher educational credentials and experience.
PG in Management Finance: Admissions Process
Normally, the admission process of PG in Management (Finance) is carried out both in merit based and entrance based procedures.
Merit Based Admission
There are a few institutes in India that offer lateral entry directly on the basis of the candidates’ Bachelor’s degree.
Entrance Based Admission
Selection is based on results in the university's entrance examinations. The question paper for the exam measures the aptitude and logical reasoning of the applicants. In general, most of the entrance exams are conducted in the month of April. The common procedure of the entrance is:
- Pre-screening of applicants on the basis of an academic profile (20 percent ),
- CAT/GMAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT/ATMA or NSE Online Test (50%)
- Personal Interview (30%).
PG in Management Finance: Entrance Exams
Here is a list of the entrance tests carried out for admission to the course:
|Examination||Conducting Body||Mode of Exam|
|CAT||1st Generation IIMs in a rotational basis||Online|
|MAT||All India Management Association (AIMA)||Online, Remote Proctored Internet Based Test (IBT) and Offlline|
|XAT||Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur||Online|
|SNAP||Symbiosis International (Deemed) University, Pune||Online|
|NMAT||Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAC)||Online|
PG in Management Finance: Top Colleges
|NIRF 2020 Rank||Name of Institute||Full Course Fee||College Type|
|35||Faculty of Management Studies – [FMS], Delhi||INR 1.92 lakh||Public|
|2||Indian Institution of Management Bangalore – [IIMB], Bangalore||INR 1.0 lakh||Public|
|37||Institute of Management Technology – [IMT], Ghaziabad||INR 19 lakh||Private|
|68||Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai||INR 11.04 lakhs||Private|
|43||Symbiosis Center of Distance Learning - Pune||INR 20 lakhs||Private|
|24||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies – [NMIMS], Banglore||INR 20 lakhs||Private|
|73||National Institute of Construction Management and Research - [NICMAR]||INR 1.0 lakh||Public|
Post Graduate Program in Management Finance: What is it about?
PGP in Management (Finance) is a 2-year distance learning curriculum that provides a comprehensive understanding of finance, auditing, accounting, and capital management principles.
- This course is structured to take account of the ever-changing needs of professionals pursuing a career in finance and offers an outstanding forum for those seeking to encourage their development with banking and financial institutions, financial consultancies, corporate finance organizations, etc.
- It is suitable for students who want to change jobs and pursue new career paths by equipping them with the required management skills, helping to open doors for consulting banking, finance, etc. professions.
- This program is offered via the distance learning module including weekend lectures and online lectures by industry- experts.
Moreover, the course also explores:
- Basic financial accounting principles and their practical implementation.
- Financial analysis, cost accounting, accounting for management and its effect on general decision-making.
- The position of and regulations of financial institutions.
- Financial plans, measurement of risk, and investment of money.
Why Study PG in Management Finance?
- Finance is the lifeblood of every company and includes vital areas such as working capital management, international finance, and mergers & acquisition, among others, with the PGP in Management (Finance) module.
- The course discusses advanced concepts involved in the study of cost centers, an organization's expenditures, efficient balance sheets, aspects of cost minimization and benefit maximization.
- PG in Management focuses on the interested applicants in pursuing a career in an organization's financial services, in the banking and financial sectors, such as insurance and mutual funds etc. It primarily targets the students seeking distance learning.
PG in Management Finance: Course Advantages
- India's main financial sector is the banking sector, with commercial banks contributing to more than 60% of the total assets held by India's financial system.
- In the course, all technological skills are taught using examples, practical exercises, and projects from the business world, with an emphasis on applying technology to business.
- Recruiters are looking for different sets of skills with the growing application of technology in banking services that will help them scale up their business and keep costs down. Apart from unique functional competencies, banking practitioners are required to possess these abilities.
PG in Management Finance: Syllabus
The semester wise syllabus followed by most universities and colleges is listed below in the table.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles of Management||Strategic management|
|Financial Accounting||Cost Accounting|
|Fundamentals of Communication & Interview Preparation||The Integrative Manager|
|Human Resource Management||Innovation Management|
|Marketing Management||Mastering the Interview & Networking Skills|
|Managerial Economics||Project work|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Financial Management – I||Project Finance|
|Financial Management – II||Mergers and Acquisitions|
|Advanced Direct Tax & Service Tax||Retail Banking|
|Investment Management - I||International Finance|
|Investment Management – II||Project|
|Project - ISR||-|
PG in Management Finance: Job Prospects
Famous companies such as ICICI Bank, Kotak, Birla Sun Life, L&T Mutual Fund, Canara Bank, SBI Mutual Fund, Aditya Birla Finance, Bank of India, LIC, PNB, Reliance Life Insurance, and others are among the top recruiters for this discipline. Some career opportunities for candidates to choose from are listed below in Table:
|Job Profile||Average Salary per annum|
|Project Manager||INR 1 to 2 lakhs|
|Investment Bankers||INR 7 to 8 lakhs|
|Manager- Capital Markets||INR 11 to 12 lakhs|
|Business Analyst||INR 7 to 8 lakhs|
|Accounting Technicians||INR 1 to 2 lakhs|
|Manager –Risk and Regulation||INR 9 to 10 lakhs|
|Portfolio Managers||INR 1 to 2 lakhs|
|Investment Advisors||INR 3 to 4 lakhs|
PG in Management Finance: Future Scope
- In the financial markets in the US, Singapore, and India, the programme provides various career opportunities.
- As per a study conducted for Gujarat International Finance Tec-City, Govt., by McKinsey & Co. The financial sector of the Gujarat region is poised to generate 1,00,00,000 plus jobs by 2021.
- Some of the common sectors which recruit good postgraduates are: Public sector banks, Private sector banks, Foreign banks, Financial Institutional Investors (FII), Cooperative Urban Banks, Outsource of Information Method (KPO's), Outsource of Business Process (BPO's), Institutions for term-lending, Corporations for Public Finance, Institutions for Refinance, Firms of Non-Bank Finance, Index product creation, Business Development
PG in Management Finance: FAQs
Ques: What is the eligibility for a Post Graduate Program in Management (Finance)?
Ques: What is the duration of the Post Graduate Program in Management (Finance)?
Ques: What is the salary Offered from Post Graduate Program in Management (Finance)?
Ques: Can I get a loan to finance my programme fees?
Ques: After Pursuing Post Graduate Program in Management (Finance), will an applicant work in both government and private industry?
Ques: My academic background is not finance-related. Can I still apply?
Ques: What are the types of jobs that will be available to the Post Graduate Program in Management - Finance students?