AAU VET 2021 is a university level exam conducted by the Assam Agricultural University. It is held for admitting aspirants into Veterinary programs offered by the Institute. AAU VET 2021 will be a conventional pen and paper based exam i.e. the mode of the exam is offline.
- The medium of exam is English only.
- The duration of AAU VET will be 2 hours (120 minutes).
- It will comprise 150 multiple choice questions (MCQs) i.e. objective type questions.
- The question paper will be divided into 3 sections- Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
The syllabus for AAU VET 2021 will be of Higher Secondary or 10+2 level. It will be at par with other national level veterinary tests. The difficulty level of the exam is moderate.
AAU VET 2021 Exam Pattern Highlights
|AAU VET 2021 Exam Mode||Offline (pen and paper based test)|
|Question Paper type||Objective (MCQs)|
|Number of Sections||3 (Biology, Chemistry and Physics)|
|Total number of questions||150|
|Marks awarded for correct answer||+1|
|Marks deducted for wrong answer||0.25|
|Exam duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Medium of language||English|
AAU VET 2021 Exam Pattern in Detail
AAU VET 2021 is a pen and paper based test. The question paper will be available in the English language only. It will comprise 150 objective questions to be solved within a duration of 120 minutes.
The maximum marks a candidate can score in AAU VET 2021 are 150. Students must select the answer that seems the most accurate out of 4 alternative options that will be given in the question paper. They must note that marks will be deducted for marking a wrong answer in this test.
The question paper will be segregated into 3 sections- Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Participants can choose to solve any section in the order they want. They will have to mark their answers on an OMR sheet. As the test will be conducted in the offline mode, there will be no sectional time limit i.e. no restriction of solving a particular section within a stipulated amount of time.
AAU VET 2021 Exam Pattern for Biology
This section is designed to evaluate the applicant’s knowledge in Biology. It will have questions to test the biological concepts learnt by students in class 11 and 12. The total number of questions asked in this section is 60 divided into 2 segments- Zoology and Botany. Generally 30 questions from each sub-section are asked in the exam.
AAU VET 2021 Exam Pattern for Chemistry
In this section, the individual’s basic knowledge in the chemical field is tested. Applicants will have to answer questions on physical, organic and inorganic Chemistry. They will be required to perform simple calculations to arrive at answers and learn to carry out reactions. This section will consist of 45 questions.
AAU VET 2021 Exam Pattern for Physics
This section aims to evaluate candidate’s grasp on concepts related to Physics. Aspirants will have to answer 45 questions based on theory and numerical problems. They must know the basic concepts well in order to answer these questions
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
AAU VET 2021 Marking Scheme
Applicants must know the marking scheme of AAU VET in order to decide how to attempt the questions in the entrance exam. There has been no change in the marking scheme of the veterinary test and it is expected to be the same as it was for the year 2018. Students must note that negative marking will be applicable for the test. The marking scheme is given as follows:
- Students will acquire +1 mark for marking every accurate answer.
- A penalty of marks will be charged for marking incorrect or wrong answers i.e. negative marking will be applicable. For every inaccurate answer, 1/4th mark i.e. 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total score of candidates.
- No mark will be deducted from the total score of the participant for leaving not attempting a question or leaving it blank.
- The marking of two options on the answer sheet will be considered as a wrong answer and negative marking will be applicable accordingly.
The syllabus for AAU VET 2021 will be based on 10+2 or higher secondary school level knowledge. Individuals will have to answer questions on Biology, Physics and Chemistry studied in class 11 and 12. It will be as decided by the Assam Agricultural University for every section. Students must make sure that they follow the right syllabus to prepare well for the veterinary exam. The important topics to be studied for each section are given as follows:
Section 1 – Biology:- Zoology and Botany
|Class 11||Class 12|
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organization in Plants and Animals||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Improvement in Food Production|
|Plant Physiology||Microbes in Human Welfare|
|Human physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|-||Ecology and environment|
Section 2 – Chemistry
|Class 11||Class 12|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solutions|
|Structure of Atom||Electrochemistry|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Chemical Kinetics|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Surface Chemistry|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||p-Block Elements|
|Thermodynamics General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements||d and f Block Element|
|Redox Reactions||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Hydrogen||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|S-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Some p- Block Elements||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Organic Chemistry-Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Biomolecules|
|Environmental Chemistry||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
Section 3 – Physics
|Class 11||Class 12|
|Physical World and Measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and Waves||-|
AAU VET 2021 Reference Books
AAU VET 2021 Reference books are given below to help students score well:
|Study guide for PVT||Arihant Publication|
|Pre Veterinary Test Guide||RPH Editorial Board|
|Veterinary Entrance Tests The Betz Guide||Hassan Aftab|
|All India Pre Veterinary Test Guide||Upkar Prakashan|
AAU VET 2021 Important Instructions
It is the responsibility of every aspirant to ensure that they follow some rules and regulations formulated by the organizing body to maintain the decorum of AAU VET 2021 entrance exam hall so that the examination proceeds properly.
- Candidates appearing for AAU VET 2021 conducted by Assam Agricultural University will have to report to their allotted exam center as early as 30 minutes before the commencement of exam.
- They must carry their AAU VET 2021 Admit Card (e-hall ticket), an identity proof and blue/ black ball-point pen.
- Items like calculator, slide rulers, Bluetooth devices, mobile phones, chits of paper etc. are prohibited and will not be allowed inside the exam room.
- Applicants will be required to fill their details in the OMR answer sheet of AAU VET 2021 in the first 15 minutes before the exam begins.
- Students must ensure that they darken the bubbles properly in the OMR sheet otherwise the system will not keep record of the answers.
- They can attempt the questions in any order they want as there is no sectional time limit.
- AAU VET 2021 question paper should be opened only when the invigilator instructs to do so.
- It should be noted that any individual found indulging in unfair means in the examination hall will be debarred from appearing in the veterinary entrance exam and will be disqualified.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.