AFCAT Application Form 2019 is available for filling till December 30. Indian citizens, having minimum 60% marks in Physics and Mathematics each in 10+2 are eligible to register for the Air Force examination.
- Indian Air Force has scheduled AFCAT 2019 for February 16 and 17 in CBT mode.
- Total 163 vacancies are available under both branches.
- Eligibility criteria for Flying Branch and Ground Duty Branch are different. Know more
- Candidates who have registered successfully will be issued their AFCAT Admit Card three weeks before the exam.
AFCAT Registration #Other Facts
- Registrants must possess Adhaar Card.
- There are four major steps for applying- Registration, Form Filling and Uploading Documents, Making Payment and Checking Form Status.
- Pre-requisites: scanned images of passport size photograph, signature and right thumb impression in the specified format.
- Application Fee: INR 250 (non-refundable)
- Fill in the information carefully as there is no scope for modifying details entered once the application is submitted.
AFCAT Application Form 2019 Dates
The examination will be conducted twice a year in February and August. Tabulated below are the important dates related to the registration process:
|Event||AFCAT February 2019||AFCAT August 2019|
|AFCAT 2019 Notification||December 1, 2018||To be notified|
|AFCAT Registration 2019||December 1 – 30, 2018||To be notified|
|Release of AFCAT Admit Card||3 weeks before the exam||To be notified|
|AFCAT Exam Date||February 16 and 17, 2019||To be notified|
CheckAFCAT Exam Pattern
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria
Before starting the registration procedure, candidates must go through the entire eligibility standards. The criteria is defined as per candidate’s personal details and the branch they will be opting. A brief about the same is listed below:
Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India.
Age Limit: It varies as per the branch viz.
- Flying Branch (AFCAT & NCC Entry): 20 – 24 years as on January 1, 2020 i.e. born between January 2, 1996 – January 1, 2000.
- Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical): 20 – 26 years as on January 1, 2020 i.e. born between January 2, 1994 – January 1, 2000
- The DOB accepted by the IAF is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University.
- Below 25 years must be unmarried at the time of commencement of course.
- Widows/ Widowers and divorcees below 25 yeards are not eligible.
- Flying Branch: minimum of 60% marks each in Math and Physics at 10+2 level.
- Graduation with min. 3 years degree in any discipline from a recoganised university with minimum 60% marks.
Check detailedAFCAT Eligibility
Pre-Requisites for AFCAT Registration
To fill AFCAT Application Form, candidates must have the following documents ready in the prescribed format. The documents are:
- Recent coloured passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of signatures
- Scanned image of thumb impression (Male- Left, Female- Right)
- Working Mobile No.
- Active Email ID
- Credit/ Debit card/ Net Banking credentials
- Proper internet connection
Note: The images are required to be in jpg/jpeg format.
AFCAT 2019 Apply Online
Candidates, after checking their eligibility, can apply for AFCAT 2019 in the online mode. For this, they need to visit the official website- www.afcat.cdac.in and complete the 4 steps involved in the registration process.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website and click on ‘Apply Now’ link.
- Find and click on the ‘Candidate’s Login’ link
- Register as a new user by clicking on ‘New Candidate’.
- Enter personal details along with a valid email id. Login credentials will be sent via mail to this email id.
- Username and Password received in mail must then be entered to complete the registration part.
Step 2: Filling AFCAT Application Form
- Once registered, read the given instructions carefully and click on ‘Proceed’ button.
- Fill the AFCAT Application Form 2019 as given in 2 parts, namely ‘Details of Graduation’ and ‘Details of 10+2’.
Under ‘Details of Graduation’ candidates need to choose/enter the following information.
- Select Qualification Education (from graduation option A,B,C or D explained in next section)
- Exact Qualification
- Qualification Duration (in years)
- Name of College/institute
- Name of University
- Date/Expected Date of Obtaining graduation
- Percentage (in case of CGPA, refer conversion formula shown beside)
- Number of Backlogs (Candidates with backlogs are not eligible to apply)
Under ‘Details of 10+2’ candidates need to enter the following information:
- 10+2 Percentage
- Percentage obtained in Physics in 10+2 level
- Percentage obtained in Mathematics in 10+2 level
- After entering all the details, candidates can click on ‘Continue to Part 3’ button.
- Candidates must then enter the subjects in their graduation.
- Select Choice of Course and Choice of Examination Cities.
Step 3: Uploading Documents and Making Payment
- Fill in other personal details asked in the form and proceed to the next step.
- Upload high quality scanned images of Passport size photograph, signature and right thumb impression in specified format.
- Once done, proceed to the application fee payment option via online or offline mode.
- Application fee of INR 250 must be made via debit card/credit card or net banking. For offline payment, download challan and make payment at HDFC/Axis bank.
CheckAFCAT Photograph and Signature Specifications
Carefully ‘PREVIEW’ your application before clicking on ‘SUBMIT’ button.
Step 4: AFCAT Application Form 2019 Status
- After clicking on the SUBMIT button, application status can be checked on left side of the window.
- There will be a message that would read ‘Application Successfully Submitted to Indian Air Force’.
- Candidates will also get a confirmation mail sent to their registered email Id.
- Registration/Application number must also be noted down carefully.
AFCAT Contact Information
If you have any query regarding AFCAT Application Form 2019, contact AFCAT Cell on
Toll free number: 1800-11-2448
Phone Nos: 020-25503105 or 020-25503106
E-Mail queries: email@example.com
For any query on NCC Special Entry and Meteorology Branch, contact JDPO-3 (A/B) on
Phone Nos: 011-23010231 extn 7645, 7646, 7610
(*Telephonic query timings are from 0930 hrs to 1700 hrs (Monday to Friday, except closed holidays)
AFCAT Application Form FAQs
Ques. Can I submit my AFCAT Application Form 2019 by post?
Ans. No, you must fill the application form by visiting the official website only. Earlier scheme of offline applications has been discontinued.
Ques. I am in the fourth year of my graduation, Can I appear for this exam?
Ans. You can appear for the exam, provided you fulfill all the eligibility conditions. However, it is necessary to have obtained 60% aggregate marks before final selection. Also, you must not have any backlog for the same.
Ques. Is there any Registration Fee for AFCAT Application Form 2019?
Ans. Yes, from this year onwards, applicants are required to pay an amount of INR 250 as Registration Fee for AFCAT 2019.
Ques. I have submitted my application form, however I want to make some changes. Can I do it? If not can I fill fresh form?
Ans. You cannot make rectifications in AFCAT Application Form 2019 once you submit it. Also, multiple applications will result in cancellation of candidature. So it is advisable to fill the application form carefully in one go.
Ques. Can you name the websites where I can apply for AFCAT Exam?
Ans. There are two websites available for registering for the examination viz.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College