Table of Contents
AIBE XV 2020 Application Form(Available), Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern and Result
AIBE, All India Bar Examination, is a national level exam conducted byBar Council of India (BCI) with the objective of assessing the capability of advocates who want to practice law in India. AIBE 2020 is the qualifying examination to get the “Certificate of Practice” for the legal profession. AIBE 2020 application form has been released on May 16, 2020. No application fee only for those candidates who were declared as disqualified, missing set codes, and canceled test centers. Check here Notice Detail.
- AIBE XV 2020 Paper consists of 100 objective type questions to be completed within 3 hours and 30 minutes. Check AIBE Exam Pattern
- Candidates are be awarded one mark for each correct answer. No mark will be deducted for wrong or unanswered questions.
- AIBE is conducted in nearly 44 cities in 11 languages and candidates have the choice to take the examination in any one of the languages. Check AIBE Syllabus
- Bar Council of India will award the certificate to candidates who will qualify the All India Bar examination.
AIBE XV 2020 Highlights
|Date of Exam||August 16, 2020 (Announced)|
|Conducting Body||Bar Council of India|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||11 languages|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Certification Offered||“Certificate of Practice” for the legal profession|
AIBE 2020 Exam Dates (Revised)
Bar Council of India had released the event dates of AIBE 2020 late at night on May 11, 2020. Later, it revised the registration and exam schedule as given below:
|Starting of AIBE XV 2020 Online Registration||May 16, 2020(Released)|
|Closing of AIBE Registration 2020||August 2, 2020|
|Last day to Pay AIBE Registration fee in Online mode||July 27, 2020|
|Last Day to Pay AIBE Registration fee in Offine mode||July 29, 2020|
|Availability of AIBE XV Admit Card 2020||August 9, 2020|
|AIBE XV 2020 Exam Date||August 16, 2020|
|Answer Key Release Date||to be notified|
|AIBE XV 2020 Result Date||to be notified|
AIBE XV 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for AIBE XV 2020, all candidates must be aware of the eligibility criteria set by the conducting body, Bar Council of India. After clearing the eligibility criteria applicants can apply for AIBE 2020. Here are the Eligibility Criteria of AIBE XV 2020, given as follows:
AIBE 2020 Nationality
- Candidate should be an Indian national.
AIBE 2020 Qualifying Examination
- Candidates must either have passed 3 years or 5 years LL.B. degree from a BCI recognized law school.
- No minimum percentage is required in the qualifying examination in order to apply for AIBE 2020.
Enrollment with State Bar Council
- In order to appear in All India Bar Examination, it is must for the aspirant/law graduate to be enrolled with his/her respective State Bar Council.
- Candidate must possess the advocate enrollment card issued by State Bar Council.
Age Criteria and Number of Attempts
- There is no prescribed age limit for writing AIBE 2020 Exam. Check AIBE XV Cut Off
- There is no limit in attempts for AIBE. Candidates can appear this examination any number of times.
AIBE XV 2020 Registration
AIBE Application Process has began from May 16, 2020. Candidates are required to fill the form online. The last date to submit AIBE XV application form is August 2, 2020.
The procedure to fill AIBE XV 2020 Online Application Form is as follows:
- Visit the official website
- Read all instructions provided there before filling the online application form
- Fill the registration form with your personal detailslike Name, DOB, Address details, contact information, nationality, etc.
- Select the examination center, the candidate can choose only one center where he/she wishes to take AIBE XV 2020
- Candidates have to upload documents such as advocate ID card (if issued by State Bar Council), enrollment certificate, scanned photograph and signature, category and disability certificate (if applicable).
- Once candidates have submitted his/her application form then go to your email inbox for registration number and password.
- Login with your registration number and password
- Payment of application fee can only be done through SBI Challan. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
- Payment has to be made after 24 hours of Registration
- Print Challan for payment
- Make the necessary payment and retain candidates’ copy of the challan with you.
- After confirmation of the payment, upload challan and provide details such as journal number, branch code & date of challan.
- Get a printout of the filled online form for future references.
AIBE 2020 Application Fee
- General category candidates will have to pay the fee of INR 3560 for the examination.
- Rs. 2500 + Rs 60 bank transaction charges for SC/ST category candidates.
- Application Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances
- The fee can only be deposited through bank challan of SBI bank.
AIBE 2020 Admit Card
Candidates will have to download their AIBE 2020 Admit Cards from the official website. AIBE XV 2020 Admit Cards will be released on August 9, 2020 The exam conducting body issues the Admit Card only for those aspirants who will successfully submit the online application form. To download the admit card, candidates need to enter application number and date of birth.
Steps to Download AIBE Admit Card
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the link referred to as AIBE 2020 Admit Card.
- Enter your login details Registration Number and Password.
- Login and download the Admit Card for examination.
- Print the Admit Card on A4 sheet.
Candidates would be required to carry the Admit card along with the photo identity card to the examination hall.
AIBE XV 2020 Exam Pattern
AIBE XV 2020 will be a Pen & paper-based test. The exam will be conducted in 11 languages and candidates have the choice to take the examination in any one of the languages.
The question paper will contain total 100 questions of the objective type from 20 subjects. These 20 subjects will be divided into Category-I and Category-II. Each subject of Category-I will have 7 questions while Category-II subjects will have 23 questions in total.
|Category-I (Part-I)||Category-II (Part-II)|
|Alternative Dispute Resolution||Administrative Law|
|Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act||Company Law|
|Constitutional Law||Environmental Law|
|Contract Law, including Specific Relief, Special Contracts, and Negotiable Instruments||Family Law|
|Criminal Law I: The Indian Penal Code||Human Rights Law|
|Criminal Procedure||Labour and Industrial Law|
|Drafting, Pleading, and Conveyancing||Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents, and Consumer Protection Law|
|Evidence||Principles of Taxation Law|
|Jurisprudence||Public International Law|
|Professional Ethics and the Professional Code of Conduct for Advocates|
The total time duration will be of 3 hours 30 minutes. Each question will carry one mark and no mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
OMR Answer sheets will be given to the candidates to mark the answers. It is mandatory for the aspirants to use ballpoint pen only, for all the entries in the OMR Answer sheets including the filling of bubbles. If there is more than one answer bubbled against a question, it will be considered as an incorrect answer.
AIBE 2020 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||100 MCQs|
|Duration of Exam||210 Minutes|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No negative mark|
AIBE 2020 Syllabus
AIBE 2020 Syllabus will consist of various topics and subjects of three-year and five-year LL.B. programs as prescribed by the Bar Council of India. The subjects are given below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions (Approx.)|
|I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)||8|
|Cr. P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)||10|
|C.P.C (Code of Civil procedure)||10|
|Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act||4|
|Public Interest Ligitation||4|
|Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules||4|
|Labour + Industrial Law||4|
|Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents and Consumer Protection Law||5|
|Law Related to Taxation||4|
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Prop Laws, Spl Contract N.I Ac||8|
|Land Acquisition Act||2|
|Intellectual Property Laws||2|
AIBE 2020 Result
Bar Council of India will announce the result for AIBE XV 2020 tentatively in the second week of October, 2020 on the official website. The result will display only the qualifying/ non-qualifying status of candidates. The qualified candidates will be eligible to get the “Certificate of Practice” in the law profession.
Steps to Check AIBE 2020 Results:
- Visit the official website of AIBE 2020
- Click on the link for ‘AIBE 2020 Results’
- Enter the Roll number and Date of Birth
- Check the details on the AIBE 2020 Results
- Download and take printout of the results
AIBE 2020 Cutoff
To clear All India Bar Examination 2020, candidate should score minimum of 40% marks in the examination i.e. 40 marks out of 100.
AIBE 2020 Certificate of Practice
Candidates who will qualify AIBE 2020 will be awarded “Certificate of Practice” in the law profession. Candidates who will qualify in AIBE Examination 2020, can practice Law in any court, in any state in India.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College