AILET 2019 Application Form, Dates, Result, Cut Off, Merit List and Counselling
AILET (All India Law Entrance Test) is a university-level law entrance exam conducted by National Law University, Delhi for admission to B.A. LL.B (Hons.), LL.M and Ph.D. programs. Nearly 20,000 law aspirants register each year. This year, AILET 2019 is scheduled for May 05, 2019 in offline mode.
Intermediate graduates with 50% aggregate marks can register for a UG course/ hold a graduation degree (minimum 55%) to apply for a PG course. Read More AILET Eligibility
- The last date of application form submission is April 15, 2019.
- AILET 2019 admit card has been released at nludelhi.ac.in/ailet2019.aspx from April 22. Download Now
- The duration of the exam is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- It consists of 150 objective type question worth of 150. Check Complete AILET Exam Pattern
- Each correct answer carries one marks and each incorrect answer carry 0.25 marks.
- The paper is divided into three sections namely- English, General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude, Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics. Know More AILET Syllabus
Highlights of AILET 2019
|Conducting Authority||National Law University, Delhi or NLU Delhi|
|AILET Official Website||www.nludelhi.ac.in/ailet2019|
|Courses Offered||B.A.LL.B.(Hons.), LL.M and Ph.D. Program|
|Number of Test Takers||B.A. LL.B program- 17,054|
LL.M program- 1095
|Number of Seats Offered||BA LLB program- 80|
LLM program- 80
Ph.D program- 8
What is new in AILET 2019?
With the release of official notification for the exam, the following changes are introduced:
- AILET Application Fee – The fee has increased by INR 50. Now, the general category has to pay INR 3050 and SC/ ST candidate has to pay INR 1050 to apply for the examination. Know more
- For LLB and LLM Program, 15% seats are reserved for SC category, 7.5% for ST category and 5% for Persons with Disabilitie. Check Reservation Criteria
AILET 2019 Exam Schedule
The official schedule for AILET 2019 is released by NLU Delhi. Tabulated below are AILET 2019 Exam Dates:
|Release of AILET 2019 Notification||January 04, 2019|
|Commencement of AILET Registration||January 04, 2019|
|Availability of AILET 2019 Admit Card||April 22, 2019|
|AILET 2019 Exam Date||May 05, 2019 (3 pm – 4:30 pm)|
|AILET Result (BA.LL.B)||May 24, 2019|
|AILET Results (LL.M)||July 02, 2019|
|AILET Result (Ph.D.)||July 16, 2019|
|AILET Counselling 2019||May 24, 2019|
AILET Eligibility Criteria – Am I eligible?
There are certain eligibility parameters defined by NLU Delhi. Law aspirants must satisfy the same to register for All India Law Entrance Test. All the programs have different AILET Eligibility standards. Listed below is a brief about the same:
Eligibility Criteria for LLB Program:
- Intermediate graduates (10+2) with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Candidates appearing in class 12 exam in March/April are eligible to apply for AILET 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for LLM Course:
- LLB Graduates or any other equivalent degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks (In case of SC/ST/PwD it is 50% marks)
- Candidates in their last year of LLB can also apply
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D course:
- LL.M. Degree holders with 55% marks or its equivalent (50% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disability)
Check detailedAILET Eligibility
AILET Application Form 2019
- AILET Application Form will be available from January 4, 2019.
- Visit the official website of NLU Delhi i.e. nludelhi.ac.in to access the form.
- The last date to submit AILET Application Form is April 15 and there is no provision for filling the form by paying a late fee.
The stepwise process to register for the law entrance exam is as follows:
Step 1 – Registration
- Visit AILET Official website i.e. nludelhi.ac.in
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ link.
- Fill the required details – Name, contact number, email ID, parents’ name, address and date of birth.
- After filling the form, click on the Registration button.
- You will be redirected to Application Locker page, confirm the provided details.
Step 2 – Fill AILET Application Form
- Choose the college from the list of NLUs and click on ‘Click here to Apply’ button.
- On the next page, select the course from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on ‘Apply Now’ button.
- After being redirected to the online application form of AILET 2019, you need to fill the form.
Step 3 – Uploading Images
- Upload the scanned photograph.
- Guidelines for uploading the photograph is as follows:
- Click on “save” and proceed to the next step i.e. AILET Fee Payment.
Step 4 – Application Fee Payment
- The application fee can be paid via Credit Card/ Debit Card and Net Banking mode.
- Making payment through card, provide card no., and the expiry date.
- Candidates paying via Netbanking will be forwarded to the respective bank’s site where your account details are verified and payment is approved.
AILET Application Fee
The category wise details of AILET 2019 Application Fee are given below.
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||1050|
|SC/ ST (Below poverty line)||Exempted|
AILET 2019 Admit Card
- The examination authority will issue AILET Admit Card from April 22, 2019.
- The document will be available online at nludelhi.ac.in.
Stepwise procedure to download admit card for AILET 2019 comprises of following steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of AILET 2019 – NLU Delhi.
Step 2: Enter your name and date of birth orthe issued application number.
Step 3: Take a print out of your AILET Admit Card.
Step 4: Save e-admit card for future reference.
AILET Exam Centers
- AILET is held in 21 cities across India.
- They can choose an AILET Exam Centers while filling up the online form.
- The final allotted exam center is mentioned in AILET Admit Card.
Here is the complete list of AILET Exam Centers:
Pattern and Syllabus for AILET 2019
The paper pattern is defined by the conducting body, NLU Delhi. AILET Exam Pattern for each of the BA LLB, LLM and Ph.D Programs is different. Following infographic gives a brief pattern that is common to all the programs:
AILET Exam Pattern of BA LLB
The exam consists of 150 questions. Each question carries one mark. Each incorrect entry and multiple answer entry is considered for negative marking. A negative marking of 0.25 is applicable. AILET 2019 question paper will contain the following sections- English, General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude, Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics. Sectional distribution of questions is as follows:
|Section Name||Maximum Questions|
AILET Exam Pattern for LLM
- LLM paper consists two sections- 100 Objective questions and one Essay question.
- The total marks for the exam is 150 – 100 marks for the objective section and 50 marks for the essay.
AILET Exam Pattern for Ph.D. Programs
- AILET exam for Ph. D programs consist of two papers- Paper 1 (Research Methodology) and Paper 2 (Research Proposal Specific Paper).
- Paper 1 contains 100 multiple choice questions.
- In paper 2, candidates have to submit a research proposal in 15 pages on the topic of their Ph.D. degree.
Syllabus for AILET 2019
Candidates appearing for AILET 2019 must be thorough with the complete AILET Syllabus. The important topics for each sections are given below:
Comprehension passages, Synonyms, Antonyms, Choosing correct words, Idioms and phrases, Jumble words and sentences, Fill-in the blanks
History, Geography, General Science, Economics, Civics and Current Affairs
Profit and Loss, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Algebra, Average, Permutation and Combination and Venn Diagrams
Study of law, Research aptitude and Problem solving ability
Logical and Analytical reasoning skills
Prepare better with AILET Sample Papers
Practicing the sample papers or previous years’ question papers is an essential part of preparation. The candidates can download the previous year AILET Papers in order to gain acquainted with the pattern of the examination and get familiar with the difficulty level. Download the previous years’ AILET Question Paper:
|AILET Year||Link to Question Paper|
|AILET 2015||AILET Question Paper 2015|
|AILET 2014||AILET Question Paper 2014|
|AILET 2013||AILET Question Paper 2013|
|AILET 2012||AILET Question Paper 2012|
AILET Result 2019
- AILET Result is announced on the official website of NLU Delhi i.e. nludelhi.ac.in.
- The results will be available only in the online mode in PDF format.
- NLU releases result according to different categories.
- You need to search for your name in the list in the PDF.
- Along with the result, it also releases AILET Merit Lists.
Tabulated below is the schedule for the result declaration as per the program offered:
|AILET Course||AILET Result Date|
|AILET BA LLB||May 24, 2019|
|AILET LLM||July 02, 2019|
|AILET Ph.D.||July 16, 2019|
How to Check AILET Result?
Candidates can check their results for AILET 2019 by following the steps given below:
- Log on to the official website of NLU Delhi i.e nludelhi.ac.in.
- Click on AILET 2019 Portal.
- Next, click on AILET 2019 Result.
- Fill in the details in all the required fields.
- Check and Download the results
AILET Score Card 2019
- All qualifying candidates will receive their respective AILET Score Card from NLU Delhi.
- The score card for AILET is dispatched on the day of declaration of results.
- It will contain a candidate’s name, roll number, total obtained marks vis-à-vis score in each of the subjects of law entrance exam.
- Candidates participating in AILET Counselling will be required to present their AILET Score Card.
AILET Cut Off
- On the basis of entrance exam’s result, AILET cut off is formed to short list candidates for admission into law programs.
- It is declared separately for all categories by NLU Delhi.
- Candidates meeting the standards will be entitled to receive the admission letter.
- AILET Cut off enables candidates to find out how many marks they require to seek admission in the law programs.
For admission in BA LLB programs, AILET 2016 Cut off was 98 out of 150 for General category, 65 for Scheduled Caste, 60 for Scheduled Tribe, 58 for Person with Disability and 82 for Kashmiri Migrants. For admissions to LLM programs, AILET 2016 Cut off was 85 out of 150 for General category, 70 for Scheduled Caste, 52 for Scheduled Tribe and 65 for Person with Disability.
Admission Procedure for AILET 2019
- AILET counseling will be conducted in offline mode by National Law University, Delhi.
- It will be held after merit list is published by the university on its website.
- The examination authority will issue the admission letters to the qualified candidates. Such candidates should remit the admission-cum-counseling fee for AILET 2019.
- In case a candidate fails to do so within the stipulated time, his candidature for admission in the law program will stand canceled.
- The admission-cum-counseling fee of AILET has to be remitted to the NLU admission office latest by the third week of June.
- Once the admissions are made in the first slot, a list of shortlisted candidates is issued by NLU Delhi for AILET 2019 Spot Counseling Round.
- AILET Spot Counseling Round will be conducted in the fourth week of June. It is the last round of AILET 2017 admissions. It will be valid for the candidates in the waiting list category.
- No further admissions will be made after AILET Spot Counseling Round.
Read details about AILET Counselling
AILET 2019 Counselling Schedule
|AILET 2019 Result Date (BA LLB)||May 24, 2019|
|Admission Letter Issue Date||May 24, 2019|
|Fee Deposition Last Date (1st List)||June 13, 2019|
|Spot Counselling Start (Vacant Seats)||June 25, 2019|
|Fee Deposition Last Date only for selected candidates in spot counselling||July 5, 2019|
|Admission Closed||July 25, 2019|
|Selected Candidates Interview||July 28-29, 2019|
|Orientation programme||July 30, 2019|
|Start of session/classes|
August 1, 2019
AILET Seat Reservation
The seat reservation standards are defined by the coordinating body as per the program opted. The following infographics inform the same:
For BA LLB Courses
|Persons with Disability||5%|
|J & K||2%|
For LLM Courses
|Persons with Disability||5%|
Check detailedAILET Reservation
AILET 2019 FAQs
Ques. Is AILET conducted by Delhi University, and only Delhi students can take part in the exam?
Ans. No, AILET is conducted by National Law University, Delhi only. It is an All India Level entrance examination and students from all over India can apply for AILET 2019.
Ques. Are AILET reservation policies same as CLAT exam or there is some difference?
Ans. Yes, there is difference between AILET and CLAT reservations, in CLAT state reservation rules are variable with the state, however, National Law school is only in Delhi, so exclusive rules are applied.
Ques. I am from Raipur, if I appear for AILET exam and perform well, then can I get admission at Hidyatullaha National Law University?
Ans. No, you will not get admission in Hidyatullaha, as AILET exam is applicable for admissions to NLU Delhi only.
Ques. I registered for AILET and have submitted the photocopy of my DD in the bank. What to do?
Ans. In this case, you can send a letter through speed post, which contains the original draft and a letter at the same official address of AILET. Send a cover letter along with the original draft makes sure it reaches the office before the last date.
Ques. I completed my class 12 from UP Board in 2016. Currently I am doing BA, from Delhi University. If I write AILET can I apply directly in the third year of BA LLB (Hons.)?
Ans. No, there is no provision of lateral entry in the BA LLB course, you can, however, enrol in the 1st year of the program.
Ques. I am in final year of graduation; can I appear for LLM exam?
Ans. No, you cannot appear for LLM exam directly, it is essential that you qualify the LLB exam before appearing for LLM exam.
Ques. I am OBC and my son has physical disability certificate. As he is visually impaired, so if he writes AILET exam, will he get both the benefits at the time of admission. And do they allow physically disabled children to study?
Ans. Yes, your son can write the exam. But, he can avail only one of the benefits.
Ques. My niece is willing to pursue LLB in Delhi, she is from Kashmir. Is there any reservation criteria for Kashmiri Domiciled, if yes then how much?
Ans. She is eligible to appear for AILET, but there are only 2 seats know as supernumerary seats in AILET. CheckAILET Eligibility
Ques. I have completed my diploma in Law from IGNOU. It is named as DIPP, can I apply for LLM on the basis of it?
Ans. As per the AILET eligibility criteria for LLM, one must have a degree in LLB. So, you are not eligible for LLM program admission.
Ques. My daughter has scored 53% in class 12 CBSE in 2017, can she apply for AILET and she is from a science background?
Ans. Yes, your daughter can apply for the AILET exam as the minimum cut off for class 12 is 50%.
Ques. I am 38 years of age, I have completed my LLM degree from Rajasthan University. Now, I want to do Ph.D., so am I eligible for AILET for Ph.D.?
Ans. Yes, as there is no upper age limit for PH.D. program in NLU you can apply for AILET.
Ques. I have heard that now there are no age criteria for AILET exam, Supreme court has removed the age bar, is it right?
Ans. Yes, it is correct, Supreme court has removed the age bar from the AILET exam.
Ques. We are living in Kerala. We are basically from Delhi, so can my son write the exam in Kerala or do we need to come to Delhi for the exam?
Ans. Yes, for this year there are no official exam centers in Kerala. Therefore, you will have to select a nearby exam center. CheckAILET Exam Centers
Ques. In the admission fee, do ST candidates get some concession. I belong to ST category of Rajasthan.
Ans. Yes, candidates belonginh to SC category are required to pay a fee of INR 1050. The application fee for AILET for General category candidates is INR 3050.
Ques. I want to check my result for AILET, but my password is not working what details are needed for checking the result?
Ans. AILET 2019 result is released in the form of PDF document, so no need of any password for checking the result. A candidate needs to search for his name/ roll number in the PDF document.
Ques. I am a resident of Delhi and have done my entire academic qualification from Delhi. Is there state reservation for Delhi students?
Ans. No, there are no seats reserved for Delhi students. All the seats are available to be filled through the counseling on the basis of reservation policy.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College