NLU Delhi has released admission notification for AILET 2021 and Application form is available from January 23, 2021. AILET 2021 Registration will remain open until May 20. The test will be conducted on June 20, 2021 (10:00 am to 11:30 am) for B.A.LLB., LLM, and Ph.D. Click here to apply
AILET 2021, or All India Law Entrance Test is an annual University entry level examination organised by National Law University, Delhi. It is conducted to select candidates for B.A, LLB, LLM and Doctorate Programmes through AILET. Check AILET 2021 Exam Schedule
- Eligibility criteria for AILET is 50% in Higher Secondary for B.A.LLB and 55% in graduate for LLM.
- AILET 2021 Exam pattern differs depending in the course opted for. Check AILET 2021 Exam Pattern
Qualifying the examination, the candidate will be able to get admission to NLU, Delhi. The test is held for 90-minutes in offline/ Pen-Paper Mode where candidates English, Reasoning, Legal skills, Mathematics and General Knowledge is tested.
AILET 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||All India Law Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Law University|
|Exam Type||University Level Entrance Test (UG & PG)|
|Exam Timing||90 Minutes|
|Courses Offered||5 Year B.A.LL.B.(Hons.), LL.M and PhD. Program|
|Application mode||Online mode|
|Exam Mode||Offline/ Pen-Paper Mode|
|Number of Seats||BA LLB program- 80, LLM program- 80, Ph.D. program- 5-10|
AILET 2021 Exam Date
|AILET Notification Date||January 22, 2021|
|AILET Registration Process begins||January 23, 2021|
|Last Date of submitting AILET 2021 Application form||May 20, 2021|
|AILET Admit Card Date||June 5, 2021|
|AILET Exam Date||June 20, 2021|
|AILET Result Declaration Date||BA LLB program- May 2021, LLM program- July, PhD program- 3rd week of July|
|AILET Counselling Date||July 2021|
|AILET Closing date of Admission||July 2021|
AILET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
NLU, Delhi has defined an eligibility criterion for all the law aspirants that must be fulfilled to register for the All India Law Entrance Test.
All the courses have their different sets of Eligibility Criteria required for the candidates to appear in the examination. Listed below are the same:
AILET for B.A.LL.B. (Hons)
- The candidate should have at least 55% aggregate in the exam from a recognized board.
- The candidate should acquire minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who are currently perusing can also apply for the examination.
AILET for LL.M. Course
- The candidate is required to have passes LL.B. or any other equivalent degree.
- The candidate needs to attain 55% marks as aggregate and 50% marks for those who belong to ST, SC category.
- The candidates who are pursuing LL.B. can also apply for the examination.
AILET for PhD Courses
- The candidate should hold a master degree from any recognized university.
- The candidate needs to acquire a minimum of 55% marks as aggregate and 50% for those who belong to reserved category.
AILET 2021 Application Process
The candidate needs to follow certain guidelines for registering in the exam. The stepwise process for registering effectively for AILET 2021 is listed below:
STEP 1: Register for AILET 2021
- The candidate needs to login to the Official website of AILET.
- Then click on ‘Apply Online’
- A candidate is required to fill out the following details– Name, contact number, email ID of the applicant, along with their parents’ name, address and date of birth.
- On filling out the form the candidate needs to click on the Registration button.
- Next step, the applicant will be taken over to the Application Locker page, whereby he or she needs to confirm the details provided earlier.
STEP 2: Filling the Application form
A list of NLUs is presented and the candidate will need to choose their desired college from the list and then simply click on ‘Click here to Apply’ button.
- The candidate will now be directed onto the next page, where he or she have to select the course from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- After being redirected to the online application form of AILET 2021, the candidate needs to fill the form.
STEP 3: Uploading Images
- Upload a recently clicked coloured passport size photograph.
- The accepted formats are .bmp, .jpg and .gif formats.
- The size of the photo should not exceed 150 KBs.
- The face of the candidate should cover at least 75% of the photograph.
STEP 4: Paying the Application Fee
- The application fee can be paid in online mode via a Credit Card or Debit Card or even through Net Banking.
- Candidates making the payment through the card, need to provide card no., expiry date, and the CVV (present at the back of the Credit/ Debit Card)
- Candidates choosing to pay via Net Banking will be redirected to the respective bank’s site where the account details are verified and payment is approved.
AILET 2021 Application Fee
|Kashmiri Migrants/ Foreign Nationals||Rs. 3050|
AILET 2021 Admit Card
The Examination Authority will publish AILET 2021 Admit Card on June 5, 2021, via online mode through the university website.
The candidate will be able to download their respective admit card with the specified registration id and password.
Stepwise procedure to download AILET 2021 admit card comprises the following steps:
Step 1: On the official website of AILET 2021 follow the banner which has the Admit Card
Step 2: The candidate needs to enter their name and date of birth or the issued application number.
Step 3: Take a print out of your AILET Admit Card and save a soft copy for future reference.
All candidates must carry the admit card along with 1 valid ID Proof on the day of the exam.
AILET 2021 Exam Pattern
National Law University has designed different exam patterns for all the programmes: B.A.LLB, LLM and PhD. The pattern for AILET 2021 is mentioned below:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be organized via offline mode.
- Medium: Question paper will be in English medium.
- Time Duration: Candidates will get 1 hour 30 minutes to solve the question paper.
- Questions Type: The Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) will be asked in the question paper.
- Total Questions: There will be a total of 150 questions in the examination.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will consist of 1 mark.
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Compared to UG and PG courses, exam pattern for PhD entrance in NLU, Delhi is quite different. It consists of 2 sections; first level will be an objective test based on Research Methodology and Legal Aptitude sections.
The entrance test will be qualifying in nature, candidates clearing the minimum required AILET Cut off will be required to submit their Research Proposal on the desired topic. Check AILET 2021 Preparation Tips
AILET 2021 Syllabus
The student should go through certain important topics for each section so to dwell a proper reasoning about the core of the subject. Listed below are the subjects and the syllabus the candidates need to study before appearing for AILET Exam:
AILET 2021 B.A.LLB Syllabus
English, Legal Awareness, Reasoning, Elementary Mathematics along with General Knowledge comprise the undergraduate entrance Syllabus.
- English: Reading Comprehension passages are based on Law themes along with grammar, vocabulary and verbal ability questions.
- Elementary Mathematics: Fundamental arithmetic skills are tested. Questions are framed around basic mathematical concepts and modern concepts as well.
- Logical Reasoning: Analytically comprehending of situations and conclusions that are logically driven comprise this section.
- General Knowledge: From static GK to current affairs every aspect is covered up in this section.
- Legal Aptitude: Legal propositions are put up for which answers are to be framed.
AILET 2021 Result and Counselling
The official result for AILET 2021 will be declared on the university website, i.e. nludelhi.ac.in. The tentative dates for the results are different for the specified courses, BA LLB program- May 2021, LLM program- July, PhD program- 3rd week of July.
The results are available in the online mode in PDF format. The University specifically issues the result on the different categories of applicants. AILET Cut-off list is also announced along with the results.
AILET Counselling Tentative Dates 2021
|AILET 2021 Result Date (BA LLB)||May 2021|
|Admission Letter Issue Date||May 2021|
|Fee Deposition Last Date (1st List)||June 2021|
|Spot Counselling Start (Vacant Seats)||June 2021|
|Admission Closed||July 2021|
|Selected Candidates Interview||July 2021|
The candidate needs to verify certain documents during AILET 2021 counselling process:
- Marksheet of Class 10th and 12th
- Passing Certificate of Class 10th and 12th
- Candidates Scorecard of AILET 2021
- Admit Card of AILET 2021 (as a proof of appearing in the entrance test
- Caste Certificate (Reservation Category Certificate)
- Transfer certificate
- Demand Draft
- Passport size photographs.
The counselling will be held in the National Law University campus officially and its mandatory for the candidate to be present in the counselling process with proper documents and verification.
AILET 2021 FAQS
Ques. Is CLAT better compared to AILET?
Ans. CLAT is Common Law Admission Test and as the name suggests, it includes all National Law Universities except NLU Delhi, for which AILET exams are held eventually.
Ques. If I am appearing for Class 12 exams, will I be still eligible for AILET 2021?
Ans. Yes, appearing students will also be eligible for AILET 2021.
Ques. If I am not able to appear for AILET 2021, will I get my fees back?
Ans. No, the exam fee is non-refundable.
Ques. What information can be found in AILET 2021 exam Pattern?
Ans. The candidate will get the information about the questions asked, marking scheme (positive and negative marking), time, number of questions available etc.
Ques. Do the candidate need to process computer skills to appear in AILET 2021?
Ans. The candidate just needs to operate the mouse and keyboard; thus, no such skill is actually required.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.