AIPGDEE 2018 (All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Exam) is held by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), situated in New Delhi, for offering admission to various dental Colleges in respect of several post-graduate courses (MDS), which are approved by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare under Government of India.
Candidates aspiring to appear for AIPGDEE 2018 must carefully go through the Eligibility Criteria for AIPGDEE 2018 before filling the Application Form. The AIPGDEE 2018 Application Form would be available from the first week of October, 2018.
AIPGDEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria notified by the Exam Conducting authority is mentioned below. Candidates should carefully go through the eligibility criteria required for Age limit, Qualifying Examination and Nationality.
Those who fail to meet the eligibility criteria during AIPGDEE 2018 Counselling or any other stage will be debarred from taking part any further in the admission process.
Eligibility Criteria for AIPGDEE 2018
Candidates should go through the detailed eligibility criteria required to be fulfilled for admission to MDS courses of minimum 3 years duration.
Only persons holding Indian Nationality or Persons of Indian Origin or persons holding cards of Overseas Citizenship of India will be considered for admission to this course.
- Qualifying Examination
- These candidates should possess a BDS degree of Dental College that is acknowledged by the Government of India under the Dentists Act, 1948.
- As for the acknowledgment of the Dental Colleges from where the candidates have completed their BDS degree and the corresponding Compulsory Rotating Internship for the year 2017, the cut-off date will be October 31, 2017. Colleges recognized after the cutoff date will not be taken into consideration.
- Certain Universities maintain the policy that candidates pursuing the PG course from their respective university or some other will be considered ineligible for admission, till the time they complete the whole course.
- Candidates pursuing any PG course through All India or State Quota and applying for a seat under All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Exam should first verify facts regarding their eligibility of an University. Directorate, General Health Services cannot be held responsible in case such candidates are not given admission. If the students go for such college and course, it will be at their own risk.
- Rotating Internship
- Candidates having cleared their final BDS examination on or before 1988 and holding a BDS degree from a Dental College duly acknowledged by the Dental Council of India are also exempted from the condition of Rotating Internship. These candidates should have got the interim or permanent registration through any State Dental Councils.
- The candidates have to compulsorily complete the 12 months Internship. However, following candidates will be exempt from this condition:
- Students admitted during the batch of 2007-08 session having completed 4.5 years BDS course with 6 months of mandatory rotating internship, and
- Students who were admitted during 2006-07 session at Rajah Muthiah Dental College, Annamalai University under the 5 year BDS course excluding internship.
- In case a candidate is pursuing the 12 month Internship and is due to complete it by March 31, 2017, he or she can sit in this examination.
NOTE: The admission procedure of such candidate shall remain restricted until he or she has successfully completed the training and attains the provisional or permanent registration prior to March 31, 2017. Or, presents a document stating that he or she will be completing the internship prior to March 31, 2017.
- Registration with Dental Council
The candidates should hold a provisional or permanent registration of any of the State Dental Councils, post clearing of the final BDS examination and also is done with the 12 months Compulsory Rotating Internship from an acknowledged Dental College.
The registration procedure with State Dental Councils is mandatory. Also, the candidates will have to present the documents as proof at the time of counseling or admission.
Eligibility for MDS courses at Institutions of Armed Forces Medical Services
- Army Dental Corps Officers serving at present, can only be admitted to the Institutions of the Armed Forces Medical Services. In the Application form, such candidates need to mark the option “Serving Armed Forces Dental Officer”.
- The serving officers who have marked the above choice will be considered for admission to the below-specified Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions:
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Army Hospital (Research & Referral), Delhi Cantt.
- The Directorate General of Dental Services shall be given a separate merit catalog of category “Armed Forces”, for admission into the Armed Forces Institutions.
- The Armed Forces Medical Services, on the basis of applications by Dental Officers for these institutions, shall make the selection and final admissions would be responsible for final selection to the above-mentioned institutions.
NOTE: The Armed Forces Medical Services will have to adhere to the rules and regulations framed by the Ministry of Defence, Government of India in concurrence with those valid to the associated Universities.
Eligibility for Grant of Short Service Commission in the Army Dental Corps
- Those candidates who apply for grant of Short Service Commission in the Army Dental Corps’, shall mark the option “For Grant of SSC in Army Dental Corps” in the Online Application Form.
- The short-listing of candidates will be done on the basis of AIPGDEE 2018 scores and the Army Dental Corps will hold the selection process.
All India Quota and State Quota In Participating States
All Government Dental Colleges or Institutions throughout India shall have to adhere to the notified scheme for selection of candidates.
- As per this scheme, 50% of the postgraduate Dental courses for admission to MDS courses shall be applicable to Government Dental Colleges and Institutions throughout India.
- None of the Dental college/institution can hold competitive entrance examination independently for these seats.
- The above-mentioned condition will not be applicable to the States of Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Also, such candidates who have cleared their BDS examination from any Institution from these 3 states will be ineligible to get involved in 50% scheme.
- Candidates, selected by the Government of India for BDS from Dental Colleges in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir, will be entitled to apply for admission under All India Quota. These candidates are required to submit a ₹ 10/- bond on a Non-Judicial Stamp Paper in this regard. The bond should be accompanied by a copy of the nomination letter.
- The restrictions imposed on candidates belonging to the states of Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are not applicable for categories related to Armed Forces for “Grant of Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps” and MDS admissions in Armed Forces Institutes.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College