Amity JEE 2018
Amity JEE 2018 will be conducted tentatively in April, 2018. Amity JEE (Amity Joint Entrance Examination) is conducted every year by the Amity University through which deserving candidates get admission into the several B.Tech programs offered by the university. It is a national level entrance examination.
Here are some important things that candidates must know about Amity JEE 2018:
- Candidates meeting minimum eligibility criteria can only apply for Amity JEE 2018.
- The subject combination and qualifying marks is different for different B.Tech programs.
- The application form of Amity JEE 2018 will be available from January, 2018.
- Candidates can fill the application form in both online and offline mode.
- The last date of submitting Amity JEE Application Form is March, 2018.
- Amity JEE 2018 is a computer-based test, which will take place in April 25, 2018 to May 10, 2018.
- The duration of the examination is 2 hours.
- 90 multiple choice questions will be asked in the examination from Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics and English.
- Amity JEE Result will be declared on the official website of the Amity University after a few days of the examination.
- Amity JEE Counselling will take place in Junelk, 2018.
Amity JEE 2018 Exam Dates
Candidates interested in appearing for Amity JEE 2018 must know all the important dates related to the examination so that they can apply for it on time. The examination dates of Amity JEE 2018 are listed in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||January, 2018|
|Last date of submitting application form||March, 2018|
|Commencement of test center booking||March, 2018|
|Availability of admit card||April, 2018|
|Date of examination||April 25, 2018 – May 10, 2018|
|Declaration of result||May, 2018|
Candidates must note that this is the tentative schedule for Amity JEE 2018. The official dates will soon be announced by the Amity University. Therefore, candidates must keep visiting the official website of the Amity University (www.Amity.edu) to stay updated on all news and notifications related to Amity JEE 2018.
Amity JEE 2018 Exam Highlights Table
|Name of Exam||Amity Joint Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Authority||Amity University|
|Date of Exam||April 2018|
Amity JEE 2018 Eligibility
Before applying for Amity JEE 2018, candidates should first check if they satisfy all the eligibility conditions for Amity JEE. Only eligible candidates can apply for Amity JEE 2018. The eligibility criteria are different for different B.Tech programs. Therefore, candidates must carefully go through the eligibility criteria before proceeding to fill Amity JEE 2018 application form.
The general eligibility criteria for Amity JEE, which is same for all candidates, is as follows:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with Science stream from a recognized board.
- Candidates who will be appearing in 10+2 examination with Science stream can also apply for Amity JEE 2018.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in 10 and 10+2 examination.
The subject combination and qualifying marks for various B.Tech programs are listed below:
- For B.Tech Aerospace: Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in Class 10 and Class 12 examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. It is 55% for sponsored category candidates.
- For B.Tech Biotechnology: Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in Class 10 and Class 12 examination with Mathematics/Biology, Physics and Chemistry. It is 55% for sponsored category candidates.
- For B.Tech Computer Science: Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in Class 10 examination and a minimum of 70% marks in Class 12 examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. It is 65% for sponsored category candidates.
If interested candidates fulfill the eligibility criteria, they should fill Amity JEE 2018 application form.
Amity JEE 2018 Application Form
Amity JEE 2018 application form will be available from January, 2018 to March, 2018. Candidates can fill the application form in both online and offline mode. The steps to fill the application form in both the modes are listed below:
Online Application Form
If candidates decide the fill Amity JEE 2018 Aplication Form in the online mode, these are the steps that they need to follow:
- Visit the official website of the Amity University (www.Amity.edu).
- Create an account on the website with your email ID.
- ogin to the website with your email ID and password.
- Fill the application form carefully. Enter your personal details, educational qualification details and other required information.
- Upload your scanned photograph, signature and documents in the prescribed format.
- Verify if all the details mentioned in the application form are accurate.
- Pay the application fee through debit card/credit card/net banking.
- Submit the form.
Offline Application Form
If candidates decide to fill Amity JEE 2018 application form in the offline mode, these are the guidelines that they need to follow:
- Candidates have to submit the hard copy of Amity JEE 2018 application form at the campus of the Amity University.
- Candidates should fill Amity JEE 2018 application form with a blue or black ball point pen.
- Candidates should fill all the details in the application form neatly in English capital letters.
- Candidates need to sign at the bottom of the application form.
- Candidates have to attach the necessary documents with the application form.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee through demand draft in favor of Amity Form payable at Delhi.
The application fee of Amity JEE 2018 is 1100 INR. Candidates must keep in mind that the application fee is non-refundable.
Amity JEE 2018 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully applied for Amity JEE 2018 before the last date can easily download the admit card from the official website of the university. The admit card is the most important document for candidates, without which they will not be permitted to give the examination. Candidates have to carry the hard copy of admit card to the examination center on the day of Amity JEE 2018 examination.
The steps to download Amity JEE 2018 Admit Card is as follows:
- Visit the official website of the Amity University.
- Login to the website with your user ID and password.
- Click on the link that says “Amity JEE 2018 admit card”.
- Enter your application number and date of birth.
- Your admit card will appear on the computer screen.
- Download the admit card.
- The admit card will contain details such as name of candidate, date of birth, name and address of examination center, date of examination, duration of the examination, instructions/rules, etc.
- Verify if all the details mentioned on the admit card are accurate. In case of any discrepancy, candidates must immediately contact the conducting authority and get the admit card corrected.
- Take a printout of the admit card.
On the day of the examination, candidates have to show their Amity JEE 2018 admit card to the invigilator. Candidates are advised to preserve their admit card till the process of admission is over.
The exam center for Amity JEE 2018 will be clearly mentioned on the admit card of candidates. Amity JEE 2018 will be conducted in 22 cities across India. Candidates can book the test center in March, 2018. Once the exam center is allotted to candidates, it will not be changed by the conducting authority. Candidates need to report to the examination center with their admit card at least 30 minutes before the examination.
Amity JEE 2018 Exam Pattern
Amity JEE 2018 is a computer-based test. Candidates must be aware of the exam pattern of the examination so that they can be well prepared. The exam pattern of Amity JEE 2018 is listed in the table below:
|Mode of examination||Online (Computer based test)|
|Duration of examination||2 hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Language of question paper||English|
|Total number of questions||90|
|Marking scheme||4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer|
|Negative marking||Yes. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.|
Candidates will get approximately 1.25 minutes to solve each question. If candidates select more than one choice, no marks will be awarded to them. Questions of Amity JEE 2018 will be from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English. The subject-wise division of marks is listed below:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
Candidates must devote time to all the four subjects in order to score good marks in the examination. Mathematics and Biology are optional subjects, out of which candidates have to choose any one.
Amity JEE 2018 Syllabus
The question paper of Amity JEE 2018 will be of 10+2 level. The syllabus of Amity JEE 2018 consists of topics from Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics and English that candidates have studied in CBSE Class 12. The detailed syllabus of Amity JEE 2018 is listed below:
|Newton’s Laws of Motion||Vector||Work, energy and power|
|Gravitation||Rotational motion||Properties of solids and liquids|
|Thermodynamics||Kinetic theory of gases||Current electricity|
|Electrostatics||Magnetic effects of current||Magnetism|
|Electromagnetic Induction||Alternating currents||Electromagnetic waves|
|Wave optics||Ray optics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Dual nature of matter and radiation||Electronics devices||Communication systems|
|Physical Chemistry||Inorganic Chemistry||Organic Chemistry|
|Quadratic Equation||Complex number|
|Sequence series||Permutation and Combination|
|Matrix and determinant||Straight Line|
|Properties of triangles||Differential equations|
|Application of derivatives||Ellipse and hyperbola|
|Inverse trigonometric function||Probability|
Candidates can take online mock tests and solve previous year questions papers to score well in the examination.
Amity JEE 2018 Result
Candidates can check Amity JEE 2018 Result on the official website of the Amity University. The result will be announced in the first week of May, 2018. If candidates qualify in Amity JEE 2018 examination, they will be called for counselling. The merit list will be prepared by the conducting authority according to the rank that candidates have got in Amity JEE 2018.
The steps to check Amity JEE 2018 results are listed below:
- Visit the official website of the Amity University.
- Login to the website using your user ID and password.
- Click on the link that says “Amity JEE 2018 results”.
- Enter your roll number and date of birth.
- Click on the “submit” button.
- The result will appear on your computer screen.
- Download the result and take a printout of it as it will be required during counselling.
The final admission of candidates will depend on the availability of seats along with their eligibility and result.
Amity JEE 2018 Counselling
Counselling of Amity JEE 2018 will take place after the announcement of results, in June, 2018. Candidates who have qualified in the entrance examination have to go through the counselling process.
The Amity University will invite qualified candidates for counselling. On the day of counselling, candidates will be interviewed by a panel of noteworthy contributors to the Amity University. Candidates need to be present on the day of counselling with their original documents. The documents that candidates need to carry are as follows:
- Mark sheet and certificate of Class 10
- Mark sheet and certificate of Class 12
- Amity JEE 2018 admit card
- Amity JEE 2018 score/rank card
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer certificate
- Passport size photographs
Admission will be offered to candidates after counselling. It will be on the basis of the merit list of Amity JEE 2018, the eligibility of candidates and the availability of seats.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College