AP EdCET 2021 Registration will open tentatively in the month of May 2021 on the official website of APSCHE. Exam Date and official notification will soon be released by Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati. The exam will be conducted tentatively in June 2021 in online mode. Check AP EdCET 2021 Application Form
AP EDCET is a state-level entrance exam conducted by Sri Venkateshwara University on behalf of APSCHE to admit candidates in B.Ed. Regular Course in various Government Aided and Private Colleges of Education in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates who wish to apply for AP EDCET 2021 after the application window was closed can fill the application form with a late fee of INR 500
- Candidates who have secured 50% aggregate in the Bachelor’s degree program are eligible to apply for the exam. Check AP EdCET 2021 Eligibility
- The question paper consists of 150 MCQs of 1 mark each. The duration of the test is 2 hours. Check AP EDCET Exam Pattern.
- AP EDCET Hall Ticket will be released in June 2021 tentatively.
- Results for AP EdCET 2021 will be released in July 2021. Check AP EdCET 2021 Result
- Candidates will be allotted seats at various institutes through AP EdCET 2021 Counselling based on candidates performances in the exam.
Latest from AP EdCET 2020
- March 5, 2021: AP EdCET 2020 Seat allotment to be released on March 5, 2021. Check Here
- February 26, 2021: AP EdCET 2020 Counselling has started on February 26, 2021.
AP EDCET 2021 Exam Highlights
|Full Name||Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati|
|Courses offered||B.Ed. Regular Course|
AP EDCET 2021 Exam Dates
|Date of issue of notification||May 2021|
|Date of Commencement of submission of online application Forms||May 2021|
|Last Date for Submission of Applications without Late fee||To be announced|
|Last Date for Submission of Application with a Late fee of Rs.500/-||To be announced|
|Download of Hall Tickets||July 2021|
|AP EDCET 2021 Exam Date||August 2021|
|Declaration of Result||August 2021|
|Counselling||To be announced soon|
Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria for AP EDCET 2021 before applying. To be eligible for AP EDCET, candidates must satisfy the eligibility requirements pertaining to the nationality, academic qualification, age limit, etc.
- Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
- They should satisfy Local/Non-Local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions.
- Candidates should have passed or appeared for final year exams of B.A./B.Sc./B.Sc. (Home Science)/B.Com./ B.C.A./B.B.M. at the time of submitting AP EDCET 2021 Application Form.
- Candidates must produce marks memo and pass certificate at the time of admission.
- Candidates from the general category are required to score a minimum of 50% marks either in the Bachelors Degree and/or in the Postgraduate Degree in relevant subject or 5 years integrated course in the relevant subject of methodology.
- However, reserved category candidates (SC/ST/BC/PwD) are required to score a minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
Note: B.E/B.Tech candidates with Mathematics, Physics are also eligible for admission into the Course.
|Category||Qualifying Marks in the Qualifying Examination|
Candidates should have completed the age of 19 years on July 1, 2021. There shall be no maximum age limit.
|Minimum Age Limit||19 years|
|Upper Age Limit||No upper Limit|
Eligibility criteria for the choice of subject under part-c methodology eligibility:
Candidates who are graduate in the required discipline can check out the eligibility criteria to apply for B.Ed in the required discipline.
|Mathematics||B.A/B.Sc. with Mathematics or B.C.A. with Mathematics at intermediate level as a group subject. B.Tech with Mathematics & Physics|
|Physical Sciences||B.Sc. with Physics and Chemistry or Allied Material Sciences under Part-II group subjects or B.C.A. with Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) at intermediate level as group subject.|
|Biological Sciences||B.Sc./B.Sc.(Home Science) with Botany and Zoology or Allied Life Sciences under Part-II group subjects or B.C.A. with Biological Sciences at intermediate level as group subject.|
|Social Studies||B.A./B.Com./B.B.M. or B.C.A. with Social Sciences at intermediate level.|
|English||B.A Special English or M.A. English|
AP EDCET 2021 Reservation
The seat reservation rules in AP EDCET 2021 are explained below. AP EDCET 2021 Reservation Criteria are based on the rules and norms prescribed by state government of Andhra Pradesh.
Local Area-Wise Reservations:
Admission to 85% of the seats in each methodology are reserved for the local candidates and 15% of the seats are unreserved
- Andhra University-Local Area: Districts Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, Guntur and Prakasam
- Sri Venkateswara University-Local Area: Anantapur, Kurnool, Chittoor, Kadapa and Nellore districts
- The Osmania University-local area: All the districts of Telangana
Note: In respect of State-wide Institutions, namely, Sri Padmavathi Mahila Viswa Vidyalayam, Tirupati, Dravidian University, Kuppam admission to 85% of seats, in each methodology will be reserved for the candidates belonging to the three local areas and 15% of seats shall be left for the open competition.
The following categories of candidates are eligible to apply for admission to 15% of unreserved seats.
- All the local candidates.
- Candidates who resided in the State for ten years excluding periods of study outside the State.
- Candidates whose parents or spouse is in the employment of the State or Central Government, Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities and similar other quasi-public institutions within the State at the time of submitting the application.
Note: If a local candidate is not available to fill any seat reserved, such seat shall be filled in as if it has been un-reserved.
AP EDCET 2021 Application Form
Candidates can apply in online mode only. There are primarily 4 steps in filling AP EDCET 2021 application form namely fee payment, check your payment status, filling the application form and taking a printout of the application form. Check the steps to fill the application form below:
Step-1: Fee Payment: Candidates can make Online Fee Payment through this option.
Step-2: Know your Payment status: Candidates can check the Success/Failure status of Fee Payment
Step-3: Fill Application: Candidates should fill in the Application form carefully. After filling the online Application form with the required details, Candidates should verify all the details carefully and press Submit button.
Step-4: Print Application Form: After pressing the submit button, application Form will be generated which contains registration number along with filled in details. Candidates can print the submitted form for future correspondence.
AP EDCET 2021 Application Fee
The Application fee for AP EDCET 2021 for various categories is mentioned in the table below.
Candidates should note that fee once remitted will not be refunded. The fee can be submitted using the following modes:
- AP Online
- Debit/Credit Card
- Net Banking
AP EDCET 2021 Admit Card
Sri Venkateswara University will release AP EDCET 2021 admit card after the successful completion of application process. Admit Card will be issued only to those candidates who have successfully submitted the application form. The admit card can be downloaded by visiting the official website of AP EDCET:
Step 1: Candidates should visit the AP EDCET official website.
Step 2: After visiting the official website, click on the tab for “Hall Ticket Download”.
Step 3: Candidates are required to enter their Payment Reference Id and Application number carefully in the fields provided.
Step 4: After filling the details, click on the ‘Download Hall Ticket’ tab.
Step 5: The online Admit card for AP EDCET 2021 will appear on the screen.
Step 6: Candidates are required to download and print two-three copies of the same. Admit card should be preserved for further process.
Details contained in the Admit card
AP EDCET 2021 Admit card is an important document that contains some important information such as:
- Roll number of candidate
- Registration number of candidate
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s Name
- Candidate’s photograph
- Test venue
- Category of the candidate (as mentioned in the Application form)
- Date and time of the AP EDCET 2021 entrance exam
- Reporting time at the AP EDCET 2021 Exam Centre
- List of documents to be carried on the exam day
- No request to change the exam venue or exam timings will be entertained by AP EDCET 2021 Exam conducting authorities.
- In case, candidates found any mistake in the Admit Card they should immediately contact the authorities.
AP EDCET 2021 Exam Centers
Candidates are required to choose the exam city while filling the application form. The final right for allocation of exam centres is reserved with the APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education).
AP EDCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- AP EDCET 2021 will comprise of 150 MCQs (multiple-choice questions).
- The duration of the AP EDCET entrance test is 2 hours. Every correct response will be awarded one mark.
- The paper will include questions from the subjects of General English, Teaching Aptitude, General Knowledge and Methodology.
- The question paper will be in English and Telugu except for English methodology. However, candidates have the option to write the test in Urdu medium as well and such candidates need to opt Kurnool as Test Centre.
The paper wise distribution of questions in all the three parts is explained in the table below:
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Part A||General English||25||25|
|Part B||General Knowledge||15||15|
|Part B||Teaching Aptitude||10||10|
Candidates have to choose one of the following subjects for the third part of the AP EDCET exam.
2) Physical Sciences
- Physics - 50 questions for 50 marks
- Chemistry - 50 questions for 50 marks
3) Biological Sciences
- Botany - 50 questions for 50 marks
- Zoology - 50 questions for 50 marks
4) Social Studies - 100 questions for 100 marks
- Geography - 35 questions for 35 marks
- History - 30 questions for 30 marks
- Civics - 15 questions for 15 marks
- Economics - 20 questions for 20 marks
Note: Part-A and Part-B are common for all the candidates irrespective of Methodology chosen in Part-C
AP EDCET 2021 Syllabus
Syllabus of Part A and Part B of the entrance exam is of general level, whereas Part C is based on the subject opted in graduation level.
PART-A: General English
PART-B: General Knowledge & Teaching Aptitude
PART-C: Subject opted in the qualifying examination.
|General English||General Knowledge & Teaching Aptitude||Optional Subject|
|Reading Comprehension||General knowledge of the Environment and its application to society||Mathematics (MS)|
|Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling||Knowledge of Current Events||Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) (PS)|
|Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms||History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research||Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology) (BS)|
|Transformation of Sentences - Simple, Compound and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech and Indirect Speech.||Certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with Children, ability to recognize individual differences, etc.||Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics and Economics) (SS)|
AP EDCET 2021 Result
APSCHE will release AP EDCET Result 2021 in July 2021. Candidates should note that they will not be informed individually about the result. The result has to be checked by candidates on the official website. Merit List of candidates will also be released as per the marks scored by candidates.
The qualifying marks as per the category of candidates:
- The qualifying marks for general category candidates in the AP EDCET Entrance Test are 37 out of total marks (i.e. 25%).
- For the candidates belonging to SC/ST communities, there will be no qualifying marks for ranking.
- No minimum qualifying marks in AP EDCET 2021 for women in Physical Sciences/Mathematics methodologies.
Candidates will be allocated ranks on the basis of marks obtained in AP EDCET 2021 examination. The rank obtained in AP EDCET 2021 is valid for entry into B.Ed. course for the academic year 2021-2022 only. Following rules will be followed in case of a tie:
- If there is a tie in total marks, Part C marks will be taken into account to decide the relative ranking.
- In tie still persists, the marks obtained in Part-A will be taken into account to decide relative ranking.
- If tie still continues, candidates will be bracketed for the purpose of an award of rank.
- At the time of admission, age will be taken into account for relative ranking among the bracketed candidates and the older candidates will be given priority.
AP EDCET 2021 Counselling
AP EDCET Counselling will be conducted for successful candidates on the basis of ranks allocated in the Merit List. The counselling procedure will be conducted in online mode. All the shortlisted candidates are required to report for verification of documents at the stipulated facilitated centres. During counselling, candidates are required to fill their choices for colleges as per their preference.
Candidates should go through the following points before appearing for counselling:
- Candidates should be present in-person on the notified date and time at the facilitation centre with all the relevant certificates and fee.
- All the applicants are called for registration as per their rank. Candidates are required to sign in the register and pay the processing fee before they go ahead for verification of certificates. The processing fee for AP EDCET 2021 Counselling
|SC/ ST||INR 500/-|
- Candidates from BC/SC/ST category must submit community certificate issued and duly signed by Mandal Revenue Officer [MRO].
- Tuition fee reimbursement will be applicable as per the rules of respective state governments of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Income certificate issued by MRO after January 01, 2021 will only be considered valid.
- Candidates need to produce original certificates and bring xerox copies of certificates at the time of submission.
- Every candidate should have a mobile number for verification. One Time Password will be communicated to this mobile number
- After verification, the candidates have to collect the Receipt of Certificates from the counter.
- Candidates have to exercise options on the official website.
- They should be careful while exercising options on the web and take the print out of the saved options.
- Candidates will be informed about their final allotment via mail/final result list and they have to report to the respective colleges on or before the specified date, failing which the candidate will lose their right to admission.
- Candidates can withdraw from counselling by submitting an application to the co-ordinator, help line center along with receipt of certificates.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.