ATMA 2020 Preparation Tips, Important Books and Syllabus
ATMA 2020 Preparation Tips help to enhance your strategy for the exam. ATMA is conducted by AIMS for admissions to Post Graduate Management Programme. ATMA 2020 February session is scheduled for February 9, 2020 in online mode.
- The exam consists of 180 multiple choice questions to be completed within 180 minutes.
- The question paper is divided into 6 sections and each section consists of 30 questions. Know more about ATMA Exam Pattern
- Candidates are advised to select only one appropriate answer to each question out of 4 options.
- Candidates appearing for ATMA 2020 are suggested to go through ATMA Paper Analysis for better preparation.
Candidates must attempt previous years’ question papers to score well in the exam. It will help the candidates to know the variety and designs of questions that come in the paper. Given below are some of the most helpful ATMA Preparation Tips.
How to Prepare for ATMA 2020?
Candidates should focus on the three core areas that come in the exam i.e. Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Skills, and Analytical Reasoning. Here, we have mentioned how to prepare each section wisely and efficiently.
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section has questions that are based on the 12th standard syllabus of Mathematics structured by NCERT. Candidates should consider their books of Senior Secondary and also practice mock test papers to get the idea about the structure of ATMA question paper and the topics that must be considered important. Topics such as permutation and combination, inequality, number series, probability, quadratic equation, statistics, pie chart must be practiced properly.
- Verbal Skills: This section requires a good grip on English Language and Vocabulary. Candidates must read newspaper, magazines and watch news and shows in English, this will help them a lot in learning the language but to appear in exam, candidates must practice exam oriented questions.
- Analytical Reasoning: Reasoning section is all about practice. Candidates should practice mock test papers to improve their analytical reasoning skills.
ATMA 2020 Preparation Schedule
All competitive level examinations are time-based. ATMA is no exception. Candidates are required to be very efficient with time management. They are required to attempt 180 questions in 180 minutes inferring 1 minute for each question. It is very important to plan preparation schedule for the examination as it will eventually help the candidate during the examination to complete the test within the time limit.
- Candidates must take into use previous years’ question papers to get the idea about the important topics and start preparing those topics first.
- Practice at least 1 mock test paper daily to pace yourself.
- Aspirants are advised to divide their time equally among each section so that they may get enough time to prepare every topic properly.
- Month before the commencement of examination should be kept for revision.
- Candidates are advised not to touch any new topic at the last moment as it will eventually result in confusion and waste of time.
ATMA Revision Tips
Revision is the most crucial part of preparation which is often neglected by the candidates. Candidates focus more on covering every single topic till the last moment and forget to give time for revision without which their all hard work goes in vain.
It is always advised to revise every topic after preparing it so that it stays there in your mind and left no scope for confusion. Preparation schedule must end on revision. Candidates must prepare a handy note of important formulas and short tricks for revision at the last moment.
ATMA 2020 Important Topics
ATMA Question paper consists of three sections-Analytical Reasoning, Verbal Skills, and Quantitative Aptitude. All these sections have a number of topics to be covered. Here we are providing a list of important topics from each section.
- Analytical Reasoning: This section is designed to test the analytical ability of the candidate and it consists of the following topics:
- Critical Arrangement
- Data Sufficiency
- Statements & Conclusions (Inequalities)
- Cause & Effect
- Course of Action
- Coding and Decoding
- Strong and Weak Arguments
- Verbal Skills: This section of ATMA question paper requires a good hold on English language and vocabulary.
- Synonyms (word pair)
- Sentence completion
- Fill in the blanks
- Para Formation Questions (PFQs)
- Error identification
- Quantitative Aptitude:Candidates are required to work on their mathematical skills and should prepare the following topics very properly.
- Equations, Ratio & Proportion, Variation
- Percentage, Profit & Loss, Partnership
- Average, Mixture and Alligation
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Geometry & Mensuration
- Time & Distance
- Time & Work
- Quantitative Comparison
- Number Series
- Pie Chart
- Permutation & Combination
Read ATMA Syllabus
Dos & Don’ts for ATMA Preparation?
It is very important to strategize the preparation schedule of ATMA examination as it helps a lot in managing the time and concentration. Candidates must try to avoid any type of disturbance or any activity that waste their time. Here are few things that a candidate must consider and try to avoid while preparing for ATMA examination.
- Avoid wasting time on the topic you get stuck on. Skip that topic and continue with the other one this is how you save your time from wasting.
- Try to practice short cut formulas and tricks to solve complicated questions instead of using conventional lengthy methods.
- Avoid hunting and picking any random books for preparation. Get only those books that are highly recommended by the experts.
- Do not mug up the formulas, do practice it and solve questions as much as you can.
- Completely avoid preparing any new topic at the last moment. Keep the last month of preparation for revision.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College