AUCET 2021 Exam Pattern consists of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Geology, English, Physical Sciences, and Humanities and Social Sciences, etc from the undergraduate level. The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes. There is no negative marking for the wrong attempt in AUCET 2021.
AUCET 2021 Syllabus is also based on important topics from the undergraduate level. The question paper is set according to the courses applied by the candidates for the post-graduateprogram. Read the article below to get an insight into AUCET exam pattern and syllabus.
- AUCET entrance test is conducted through the offline mode i.e. it is a Paper-Pen Based Test.
- It is comprised of 100 objective type and multiple-choice questions.
- Time duration to complete the paper is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded
AUCET 2021 (Andhra University Common Entrance Test) is conducted by Andhra University for admission to various postgraduate courses. AUCET 2021 will tentatively be held in May 2021.
AUCET 2021 Pattern Highlights
AUCET 2021 comprises of multiple choice questions. The following table shows the examination pattern of AUCET 2021:
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen Paper Based)|
|Number of Papers||7|
|Number of Sections||7 (Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Geology, Humanities & Social Sciences, and English)|
|Questions Paper Type||Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions|
|AUCET 2021 Total Marks||100 marks|
|Exam Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
AUCET 2021 Exam Pattern
AUCET 2021 exam pattern helps students in the better preparation of the entrance exam. Following is the detailed explanation of AUCET Exam.
- AUCET Entrance Test is conducted through offline mode only i.e. it is a pen paper based test.
- Total time duration to complete the test is 1 hour 30 minutes
- The questions in the paper are comprised of objective type multiple choice.
- The paper is available in English language only
- The questions are asked from the subjects such as Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Geology, Humanities & Social Sciences, and English
- For every correct answer, students will be awarded by 1 mark
- Candidates are free to attempt all the questions because there is no negative marking for the wrong attempt
- No marks will be deducted or given for un-attempted questions.
Also Check AUCET 2021 Application Forms
AUCET 2021 Syllabus
AUCET 2021 syllabus is very important for the better preparation of the entrance test. The questions are asked from the syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, etc.
The following table shows the AUCET 2021 Exam syllabus in details:
|Life Sciences Syllabus||-||Cell Biology|
|Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering|
|Ecology Environment and Evolution|
|Physical Sciences Syllabus||Electricity, Magnetism and Electronics||Electrostatics|
|Moving charge in electric and magnetic field|
|Varying and alternating currents|
|Maxwell’s equations and electromagnetic waves|
|Modern Physics||Atomic Spectra|
|Quantum Mechanics Inadequacy of classical Physics|
|Schrodinger Wave Equation|
|Nuclear Physics Nuclear Structure|
|Alpha and Beta Decays|
|Bonding in Crystals|
|-||Thermodynamic and Optics||Kinetic theory of gases|
|Thermodynamic potentials and Maxwell’s equations|
|Low temperature Physics|
|Quantum theory of radiation|
|The Matrix methods in paraxial optics|
|Laser, Fiber Optics and Holography|
|Mechanics and Waves and Oscillations||Vector Analysis|
|Mechanics of Particles|
|Mechanics of rigid bodies|
|Mechanics of continuous media|
|Special theory of relativity|
|Fundamentals of vibrations|
|Damped and forced oscillations|
|Vibrations of bars|
|Mathematical Sciences Syllabus||Linear Algebra and Vector Calculus||Linear Algebra|
|Multiple Integrals and Vector Calculus|
|Abstract Algebra & Real Analysis||Groups|
|Differential Equations and Solid Geometry||Differential Equations of First Order and First Degree|
|Differential Equations of First Order but not of the First Degree|
|Higher Order Differential Equations|
|System of Linear Differential Equations|
|Solid Geometry||The Plane|
|Cones, Cylinders and Conicoids|
|Chemical Sciences Syllabus||Inorganic Chemistry||s-block elements|
|Chemistry of d-block elements|
|Chemistry of f-lock elements|
|Theories of bonding in metals|
|Metal carbonyls and related compounds|
|Spectral and Magnetic Properties of Metal Complexes|
|Reactivity of metal complexes|
|Stability of Metal Complexes|
|Hard and soft acids bases (HSAB)|
|Organic Chemistry||Structural theory in Organic Chemistry|
|Alicyclic hydrocarbons (Cycloalkanes)|
|Benzene and its reactivity|
|Carboxylic acids and derivatives|
|Active methylene compounds|
|Exercises in interconversion|
|Introduction and definition|
|Amino acids and proteins|
|-||Physical Chemistry||Gaseous State|
|Colloids and Surface Chemistry|
|Chemistry and Industry||Separation Techniques|
|Drugs, Formulations, Pesticides and Green Chemistry||Drugs|
|General Chemistry||Atomic Structure and elementary quantum mechanics|
|Stereochemistry of carbon compounds|
|General Principles of Inorganic qualitative analysis|
|Theory of quantitative analysis|
|Evaluation of analytical data|
|Introductory treatment to|
|Geology Syllabus||Palaeontology, Indian Geology and Economic Geology||Palaeontology|
|Petrology and Structural Geology||Nature and Scope of Petrology|
|Physical Geology, Crystallography and Mineralogy||Physical Geology|
|Humanities and Social Sciences Syllabus||-||Reasoning|
|Literary Movements and Trends|
|Verb||Verb patterns and structures|
|Phrasal verbs concord|
|Active and Passive Voice|
|Synonyms and antonyms|
|one word substitutes|
|Comprehension||Unknown Poem and Passage|
|Idioms and Phrases|
AUCET 2021 Recommended Books
Books play a most important part in the better preparation of entrance test. Students must prepare every topic from the books because with the help of the books students can clear their doubts regarding any topic.
Following table shows the books name and author name for the preparation of AUCET 2021:
|Book Name||Author Name|
|B.Ed Entrance Exam Guide||RPH Editorial Board|
|Pedagogy of Mathematics||BSP Raju and B.S. Upadhyaya|
|Objective General English for Competitive Exams||Disha Experts|
|B.Ed Guide||Bharti Sharma|
AUCET 2021 Exam Day Instructions
Students must follow the below instructions before appearing for the paper:
- Candidates are advised to reach the examination centre before the scheduled time
- Those who are reaching the examination centre after the scheduled time will not be able to appear for the exam
- Students must carry admit card at the examination centre
- They are not permitted to leave the examination hall during the test.
- Electronic devices are not allowed inside the examination hall like Bluetooth, mobile phones, calculators, watches, pagers, etc.
- Students are also not allowed to carry any written material inside the test centre
- If students are unable to appear for the exam then re-examination shall not be held
- Applicants are advised not to mark more than one response for the same question.
All the shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling. Students must be physically present at the time of counselling.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.