BTET 2018 is expected to commence from the month of June 2018, candidates who want to work as primary teachers in the government schools of Bihar can appear for the BTET 2018 exam.
Students must keep in mind all the important dates defined by the state level exam conducting authorities.
- BTET registration will commence in the month of April 2018 and will continue till June 2018.
- BTET exam is conducted separately for classes I-V and classes VI-VII.
- Bihar Teachers Eligibility test is to be filled separately for each course you wish to teach or apply for.
- As per the BTET exam pattern, there will be 150 questions in total in the exam.
- BTET exam duration is 1.5 hours.
- Nature of the questions will be MCQ type.
- BTET exam correction window is not defined.
- BTET merit list will be released as part of the BTET 2018 result.
- Merit list will define the qualifying cut off for each of the streams.
BTET Highlights Table
|Date of BTET 2018||June 2018|
|Conducting body||Bihar School Education board (BSEB)|
|Mode of BTET 2018||Offline|
|Duration of BTET 2018||1.5 hours|
|Eligibility||Different for the categories|
|Number of seats||500 plus|
|Minimum cut off percentile||50% of the total marks|
Important dates for BTET 2018
|Commencement of online form filling||April 2018|
|Last date to submit the e- challan||June 2018|
|Deadline for payment of examination fee through SBI e-challan||June 2018|
|BTET 2018 application form correction||April 2018- June 201|
BTET Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for BTET are defined on age, nationality and educational criteria.
- Minimum age limit is 21 years as on January 1, 2018.
- Maximum age limit is 35 years as on January 1, 2018.
- Age relaxation for female/SC/ST/OBC candidates is 5% depending upon the reservation criteria defined by the authorities.
- In case of reserved category female candidates, only 1 reservation rule is applied.
Only Indian nationals possessing the domicile of Bihar state can apply for the exam.
For Teachers I-V classes (Paper-1):
- Class 10 must be passed with a minimum of 45% marks or equivalent.
- Student appearing in Final Four year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.ED)/2 year diploma in Elementary Education/2 year Diploma in Education in Special Education are also eligible to appear in Bihar TET.
- Candidates who have qualified B.SC/ BA/ Degree with the score of 50% marks and B.ED qualification candidates are also eligible to apply for the exam
For teachers VI -VIII Classes (Paper-II):
- Students who possess B.SC /BA/ Degree and those who are appearing in final year in B.SC/ D.ED/BA/ course with the aggregate of 45% marks and passed/appearing in Senior Secondary /B.ED with the minimum of 50% marks and passed or appearing in final four years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.EI.ED) / 4 years BA/B.SC, B.ED or BA (ED)/BSC.(ED)/B.ED (Special Education) with the score of 50% marks in B.Sc /BA or are eligible for Bihar TET can teach for class VI-VIII
Bihar TET 2018 Application form
Steps involved in BTET 2018 application form filling:
The application form has to be filled in the online mode only. It is best to read the BTET eligibility criteria before filling the application form. In case you are applying for multiple posts, separate form has to be filled with each post.
Step 1: BTET online registration
Step 2: Uploading the scanned copy of photograph and signature
Step 3: BTET application fee payment
The details of each of the step involved are as follows:
Step 1: BTET online registration
- Open the official BSEB website and click on “Register online for BTET 2018”.
- Give the details of your name, age, mobile number and email id for registration.
- On successful registration, an email activation link will be sent to your registered email Id.
- A username and password will be given on the link.
- Provide the details of the username and password on the official website and reset the password as per your convenience.
Note: BTET online form filling: (teachers who are already working at the teaching posts do not have to register separately Bihar TET 2018 paper 1 and Paper 2 or both papers, a single registration is enough)
Once the registration is done successfully, then you need to provide details as follows:
- Candidate’s Complete name
- Father’s name, work details, age, mobile number, residence address.
- Education qualification details of your father.
- Mother’s name, work details, age, mobile number, residence address.
- Education details of your mother.
- Residence phone number
- Residence details
- Permanent address and correspondence address
- Candidate’s date of birth details
- Candidate’s Place of birth
- Category details (General/ SC/ST/OBC/PH)
- Gender (Male/ Female)
- Class 10 passing year, percentage details and schooling details.
- Backlogs in any subject in class 10( if any)
- Class 12 details of passing, percentage in class 12, stream (science/ commerce/ arts).
- Details of graduation/ diploma/ post graduation/ B.Ed or D.Ed.
- Select option if you are writing only paper 1/ only paper 2/ or both paper 1 and paper 2.
Step 2: Uploading the scanned copy of the documents
- Students need to upload the scanned copy of the photograph and signature as per the specifications defined.
- Documents that fail on the parameters defined will not be accepted as part of the application form.
- The size of both the photograph and signature must be less than 1MB.
Step 3: Payment of application fee
- Click on the option “Pay application fee”.
- There are two options online or offline.
- If you select the online option then application fee has to be paid by debit/credit card.
- In case of offline download the SBI e- challan receipt, print the receipt and pay the application fee at the designated SBI branch.
Payment of BTET application fee through e-invoice
In this case, you must take a printout of the e-slip uploaded online, on an A-4 size paper. This will contain two slips. One slip named as Bank copy has to be submitted to the bank after the application fee has been paid other copy has to be kept safely for future reference.
- It will take 48 hours to update the system so make sure you wait for 48 hours or 72 hours after application fee has been paid.
- The application fee will not be refunded or transferred under any situation.
BTET Application fee:
|Category||Paper -1||Paper -2||Both Paper (1 and 2)|
|General/ OBC/ BC||Rs. 400||Rs.400||Rs.600|
BTET 2018 Admit Card
BTET admit card will be issued in the online mode for all the candidates whose application form has been accepted.
BTET admit card will be released 15 days before the commencement of the qualifying examination. Admit card will contain the following details- Name of the candidate, Date of Birth, Roll no. , Date & time, Venue of the examination.
Steps to download the Admit card:
- Open BSEB website.
- Select the link for “download BTET 2018 admit card”.
- Provide the details of username and password created while filling the application form.
- Login to the portal and download the admit card in the PDF format.
- Take a printout of the completely filled application form.
Additional documents needed for the BTET admit card:
- As such, there is no requirement defined for carrying a photo ID proof on the exam date, but you can carry one of the photo ID proof along with the admit card.
- ID proof is your driving license, PAN card/ Aadhar card or any affidavit which is issued by government bodies, that can work as an ID proof
BTET 2018 Exam Pattern
BTET 2018 exam pattern is expected to remain same, as per the guidelines defined. The following are the highlights:
- All questions are MCQ based.
- Total of 150 questions in the exam.
- As per the marking scheme, 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer and no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
- Every question will have 4 options and only 1 has to be marked as the correct answer.
Answers have to be marked in the OMR sheet using a pen/pencil as per the directives were given by the authorities.
BTET 2018 Exam pattern paper 1:
|Name of subject||Total questions||Total marks|
BTET 2017 Exam pattern paper II:
|Name of subject||Total questions||Total marks|
|Child Development & Pedagogy (compulsory)||30||30|
BTET 2018 Exam Syllabus
- Child Development
- The concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs:
- Learning and Pedagogy
- Concept of development and its relationship with learning
- Language Knowledge
- Unseen Passage
- Language Pedagogy
- Environmental Studies
- Things We Make and Do
- Family and Friends
- Related to Subjects: Pedagogical Issues
- Social Studies
- Social & Political life
- Information Technology
- Social Studies Pedagogy
- How things work
- Natural Resources
- The World of the Living
- Pedagogy of Science
- Moving Things People and Ideas
- Natural Phenomena
BTET 2018 Result
BTET result will be announced in the month of September 2018. However, the date will be declared officially through a notification released by BSEB.
How to check BSES 2018 result?
- Open the BSES official website tet.bseb.in.
- Enter the details of your roll number and date of birth.
- Click on “Search”.
- Your name will be coming along with your roll number in the PDF list if it is accepted by the system.
BTET 2018 Cut Off
BTET 2018 cut off will be declared separately for each of the categories. Students who will clear the minimum cut off will be asked to appear for the interview.
BTET 2017 cut off is as follows:
|General candidates||90 marks|
|OBC/Female/PWD candidates||83 marks|
|SC/ST candidates||75 marks|
BTET Merit list 2018
Merit list will be formed in the order of rank obtained. A PDF document will be generated which will contain the details of the name of the candidate and marks obtained along with the rank in BTET.
The basis for preparation of merit list is as follows:
- Scores obtained by the candidate
- Number of vacancies
- A number of candidates who have appeared for the examination.
Please note: Getting the name on the merit list does not assure you a job through BTET. The interview and other stages will determine your final selection.
BTET helpline Details
In case of any issue you are facing with the registration process/ result or any doubts, you can contact the team through the following numbers:
91- 78 7835049876 / 7835049880/ 7835049877/ 7835049879
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College