CAT Exam 2021 will be conducted by IIM Ahmedabad in the last week of November 2021 and CAT registration 2021 will begin in August. To appear for CAT exam, candidates will be required to fulfill CAT Eligibility criteria i.e. 50% & 45% marks in graduation for GN and Reserved category candidates. While filling the application form, the online CAT Application fee 2021 that needs to be paid will be INR 2000 for GN and INR 1000 for SC/ST/PwD candidates. Also Check CAT 2021 Important Dates
Common Admission Test (CAT) is an entrance exam to get into 2 year MBA programs at 20 IIMs in India. Every year CAT exam is conducted for over 2 lakh candidates to offer admission in 5000+ seats. Last year due to the COVID-19 situation, CAT Exam Pattern was revised and since this year CAT exam will be conducted by IIM-A, candidates are again expecting some changes in the pattern. Also Check CAT Syllabus
CAT 2021 aspirants can also download the section wise CAT Previous Years Question Papers and CAT Mock Tests to check their preparation level. Download CAT Sample Paper
CAT Exam Latest Updates:
- July 20: As per the previous years' trends, CAT 2021 Official notification can be expected on July 25, 2021.
- June 22: IIMs have already released the final admission list for 2021-23 MBA Batch, however, candidates on the waitlist of IIMs can check the previous year's waitlist movement. Check Here
- June 15: CAT 2021 conducting body ‘IIM Ahmedabad’ appoints Prof M P Ram Mohan as convener of CAT examination. Check Here
- June 8: IIM-R Director has suggested the formation of ‘CAT Corporation’ to conduct CAT in multiple languages & attempts. Read More
CAT 2020 had been conducted successfully by IIM-Indore and IIMs had released the final lists of CAT shortlisted candidates for the admission cycle. Know More IIM Common Application Process (IIM CAP). In the 2021-23 admissions, IIM Ahmedabad had decreased the weightage of CAT exam from 80% to 65%. This had increased the chance of candidates from diverse backgrounds to sit for the selection process. IIM Ahmedabad Selection Process
Common Admission Test Highlights
|CAT 2021 Conducting Body||IIM-A|
|CAT Official Website||iimcat.ac.in|
|Number of Sections||3 (Quantitative Ability-34, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension-34, and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning-32)|
|CAT 2021 Application Mode||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English (Exam is conducted in CBT mode)|
|CAT Helpdeskemail@example.com; 1800-2090-830|
IIM Ahmedabad to Conduct CAT 2021
IIM Ahmedabad is conducting CAT 2021 and based on several changes introduced by IIM-A in CAT examination in previous years, candidates can expect some changes in the 2021 examination also. Majory the changes are expected in CAT 2021 exam pattern. Check Complete details at CAT Exam Pattern
- IIM Ahmedabad introduced the 3 sections in CAT. Also, 32 questions in one section & 34 in the other two sections were introduced by IIM-A in 2015. The distribution of the questions is the same since 2015.
- Before that only 2 sections were there in CAT with 50 questions each.
- Due to the current situation of pandemic, candidates can also expect some changes in CAT exam pattern to ensure the safe and smooth conduct of the exam.
CAT Exam Dates 2021 (Tentative)
CAT Exam Dates 2021 mentioned below are tentative and will likely be finalized with the release of notification in July 2021. CAT 2021 aspiring candidates can bookmark this page & keep visiting to get the fastest update on CAT Exam Schedule & Dates
|Issue of CAT 2021 notification||July 25, 2021|
|Starting of CAT registration 2021||August 5, 2021|
|Last date for CAT registration 2021||4th week of September 2021 (Form Correction facility available for image correction)|
|CAT Admit card 2021 release date||October 2021 (In Online mode only)|
|Date of CAT exam 2021||November 28, 2021|
|CAT Answer key 2021 release date||December 2021 (Separate release of Provisional and Final answer Keys)|
|CAT Result declaration||January 2022|
CAT Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2021
CAT exam pattern 2021 is likely to change because CAT 2020 was trimmed to 76 questions from 100 due to COVID-19. Also, this year CAT Exam will be conducted by IIM-A which is known for introducing major changes in the exam pattern therefore candidates are expecting some positive changes in the same.
- Time Duration & Total Questions: CAT test duration was also trimmed to 120 minutes from 180 minutes which is likely to be restored for CAT 2021 (final notification awaited).
- Total Sections: CAT consists three sections of Quantitative Aptitude (QA), Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension(VARC) & Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR).
- TITA Type Questions – No Negative Marks: Around 25% or 20-25 questions will be TITA-type questions in CAT 2021. No marks will be deducted for wrong answers while answering TITA-type questions that means candidates can score high marks if they solve TITA questions with a 90% accuracy rate.
- MCQ Type Questions: Remaining 70-75% CAT question paper will have MCQ type questions only. Candidates will also face negative marks for marking wrong answers in the case of MCQ-type questions.
- CAT Marking Scheme: For every correct answer 3 marks will be awarded and a penalty of 1/3 negative marks is there for wrong answers.
- As per trends, CAT Syllabus is derived from 10th -12th standard chapters and largely remains undefined. IIMs releases a CAT Mock Test every year which highlights question types and syllabus.
CAT Exam Syllabus 2021: Important Topics
|Quantitative Aptitude||Number, Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Mensuration, Modern Maths, etc.|
|VARC||Passages, Fill in the blanks, Para Jumble, Para Completion, Fact Inference Judgement, Sentence Correction, etc.|
|DILR||Tables, Pie Charts, Seating Arrangement, Logical Deduction, Cause and Effect, Calendars, Clocks, Blood Relations, Venn Diagrams, etc.|
Difficulty Level of CAT Question Paper
Based on the experience of test takers and experts, the difficulty level and some of the important topics from the previous year’s CAT exam are provided in the table below. Also, in the 2020 CAT exam, the questions and time duration were reduced due to the COVID-19 situation.
|CAT Section||Total Questions||CAT Slot 1||CAT Slot 2||CAT Slot 3||Topics|
|CAT VARC Paper Analysis||26||Difficult||Easy||Moderate||RC, Para Summary, Odd Sentence, Para jumbles|
|CAT DILR Paper Analysis||24||Easy||Moderate||Difficult||Sales Figures, Scheduling, Parking Slots, Votes polled|
|CAT Quant Paper Analysis||26||Moderate||Moderate||Easy||Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry|
CAT 2021 Coaching & Preparation
For the preparation of CAT exam 2021, candidates can take help from CAT Coaching. These days coaching is offered in both the modes online + classroom.
- Many toppers have taken coaching of the entire CAT syllabus or single section depending upon the preparation level.
- Before shortlisting any coaching institute make sure you take a mock test using CAT Previous Year papers to get an idea of which part of the syllabus should be focussed.
- You should also ask for a demo class from the institute to get a feel of actual course delivery.
Check CAT Coaching Links:
CAT Preparation should constitute over 50% of time spent on solving mock papers and practice papers. The weak areas needs to be addressed with the help of self-study or some mentor or coaching institutes. CAT Exam is considered one of the most competitive exams in our country, given by lakhs of candidates each year to get selected in 21 IIMs located across the country. As the number of applicants increases each year, the exam is getting tougher day by day.
- CAT Preparation time for an average candidate varies between 8-10 months. Many toppers have suggested solving mock papers for at least 6 months to get a hold over the exam. Read preparation strategy for all the sections
- Sections like Verbal Ability and Reading comprehension is becoming a major hurdle. Conceptual questions are becoming less intensive with more occurrence of IQ based questions in every section.
|CAT Preparation Tips, Study Notes & Sample Questions|
|CAT Preparation: DILR||CAT Preparation: QA||CAT Preparation: VARC|
|Seating Arrangement||Tricks to Solve QA Questions in 1 Minute||Reading Comprehension|
|Logical Reasoning||How to Prepare for CAT Arithmetic?||Para Completion|
|Venn Diagrams||How to Prepare for CAT Mensuration?||Fill in the Blanks|
|Bar Graphs||Shortcut Methods for CAT QA||Para Jumbles|
|DILR Solved Questions||QA Solved Questions||VARC Solved Questions|
Ekansh Agrawal (CAT 2020 99.98 Percentile) solved 60% of the book Data Interpretation for CAT by Arun Sharma. There are many books that can be preferred while preparing for CAT. Check out CAT Books for Preparation
|Arun Sharma CAT Books||Publication|
|How to Prepare Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||McGraw Hill Publication|
|How to Prepare Logical Reasoning for CAT||McGraw Hill Publication|
|How To Prepare For Data Interpretation for CAT||McGraw Hill Publication|
|Other Best CAT Books||Author|
|Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Nishit Sinha (2016)|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension for CAT||Meenakshi Upadhyay and Arun Sharma (8th Edition)|
|The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT||Nishit Sinha (2016)|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis (2019)|
CAT Preparation Tips from Topper’s Interviews
Key Takeaways from CAT 2020 for CAT 2021 Aspirants- CAT exam pattern is slowly moving towards an IQ-based Test rather than a Knowledge-based test. The test that earlier gave an upper hand to engineering students is now touching the level of GMAT.
|CAT Topper Ravi Prinshu Preparation Tips||CAT DILR Preparation Strategy 2021|| |
To crack DILT focus more on Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables, Case Study Type of Questions
|CAT VARC Preparation Strategy 2021||Start with the easy question and slowly progress to the moderate and difficult questions. Solve a maximum number of questions to improve speed while solving RC.|
|CAT Quant Preparation Strategy 2021||Learn the shortcut and tricks from the internet. There are several free resources available from where you can get questions and answers as well as formulas with tips and tricks.|
CAT Previous Year Question Paper
Candidates can download the PDFs of CAT previous year question papers provided in the table below:
|Section & Slot Number||CAT Question Paper 2020||CAT Answer Key 2020||CAT Question Paper 2019||CAT Answer Key 2019|
|CAT Quant Slot 1||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|CAT DILR Slot 1||Download||Download||Download||Download|
|CAT VARC Slot 1||Download||Download||Download||Download|
Download More PDFs:
CAT Registration, Eligibility & Reservation 2021
CAT Registration 2021
CAT Registration can be made online at the official website iimcat.ac.in once the link gets activated. Once the official website gets live then the CAT 2021 aspiring candidates will be required to create the login credentials. After you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Do not forget to select or opt for the IIMs while filling the CAT Registration form. Either you can pick the IIMs in which you are interested to take admission else you can select all the IIMs mentioned in the list.
- Carefully enter all the details asked in the CAT Application Form like fill all the four exam center preferences carefully, entering academic details, etc.
- All the CAT 2021 aspiring candidates are advised to upload the required documents as per the mentioned specification only to avoid any inconvenience. Read More
- Authorities may provide a small window for CAT form correction around September 2021.
- CAT Registration fees as discussed in the opening lines is 2000 for general candidates and 50% rebate is offered for female and reserved quota candidates. The payment can be made online only.
|Category||CAT Registration Fee|
|SC/ ST||INR 1000|
|PwD/ DA||INR 1000|
CAT Eligibility & Reservation 2021
- CAT Eligibility is 50% in graduation for general candidates and CA, CS, ICWA degrees are also eligible to take the exam. There is no limit to take the CAT exam. CAT 2021 Eligibility
- Reservation in the CAT exam is offered to the reserved quota students as per the GOI guidelines.
- There is a 5% relaxation in the qualifying percentage and also the qualifying percentile is subsidized for such candidates. Check More about CAT Reservation details
CAT 2021 Admit Card & Exam Centers
CAT Registration is followed by the release of CAT Admit Card 2021 which can be downloaded from the CAT website from October 2021. The CAT Hall Ticket will be released in the fourth week of October 2021. Check the details around CAT 2021 Admit Card
CAT 2021 will be conducted in 425 test centers across 156 exam cities in the nation. The probability of conducting CAT in 2 slots rather than in 3 slots like that of CAT 2020 is high. Check CAT 2021 Exam Centers
CAT Marking Scheme & Percentile
CAT score is the total marks obtained by a candidate in the entrance exam. Conventionally CAT is a 300 marks exam scored from 100 questions i.e. 3 marks per question and one negative mark for a wrong answer. The score is not widely circulated data for CAT but percentile. Many IIMs also consider sectional cut off. For example IIM Trichy sectional cut off is 80, 80, and 95 for QA, VARC & DILR respectively overall it is 94.
CAT Percentile Vs Marks
- Percentile can be mapped with the score on the basis of this CAT Percentile vs Score analysis.
- It has been seen that colleges like IIM-A, IIM-B, IIM-C, IIM-I, IIM-K, IIM-L shortlist 99+ percentile candidates for the admission process.
- With good attempts of around 18-20 and a raw score of 46-52 candidates can expect 98 to 99 Percentiles in the respective sections. On the other hand with good attempts of around 13-15 and a raw score of 35-41 candidates can expect a 95+ Percentile.
- The relation between CAT Percentile and Marks varies for each section as it depends on the score normalization process.
|CAT percentile range||CAT overall score|
CAT 2021 Cut Off & Selection Process
The selection process of IIMs does not consider CAT Cut off as only qualifying criteria instead they test students on further rounds of Written Aptitude Test (WAT) or Group Discussion (GD), followed by a personal interview round. A certain weightage from CAT Exam, GD/WAT, PI, and performance in graduation, 10th and 10+2 exam is considered to decide the selection. Checkout IIM Ahmedabad selection process in this snapshot.
Check out this answer on Collegedunia Q&A Platform around CAT Interview at IIM Calcutta What was Your IIM Calcutta Interview Experience like?
|Approx. CAT Cut-Off Percentiles (General Category)||Institutes|
|CAT Percentile 98.5+||IIM-A, IIM-B, IIM-C, IIM-I, IIM-K, IIM-L, FMS, IIT- B, MDI-PGPM, RGIIMS|
|CAT Percentile 96.5+||IIT-D, SPJIMR, JBIMS, NITIE-PGDIM, MDI-PGP HR/IM, IIM-KS, IIM-RH, IIM-RN, IIM-RP, IIM-T, IIM-UP|
|CAT Percentile 94.5+||IIT-C, IIT-KH, IIT-KN, IIT-R, IISc-B, IIM-A (ABM), IIM-Asr, IIM-BG, IIM-L (ABM), IIM-N, IIM-Sam, IIM-Srm, IIM-V, MDI-M|
|CAT Percentile 90+||BIM, FSM, IRMA, IMI-D, IMT-G/N, KJSIMSR, MICA, NIRMA, PUMBA, SPJAIN-D/S, TAPMI, UBS-CHD|
|CAT Percentile 87+||BIMTECH-PGDM/IB, GLIM, IBS-ICFAI, IFMR, IMI-K/B, IMT-H LBSIM, LIBA, MFC-DU, MIB-DU, MHROD-DU, WIMDR-M|
|CAT Percentile 85+||AJKMCRC, BIMTECH-Retail/Insurance, IIFM, ISBM-P, IIMC (Mass Com Delhi), MISB, MBE-DU, WIMDR-B|
CAT IIM Selection & Admission Process
Certain key changes have been observed in IIM Selection Process for 2021-23 admission process. CAT 2020 cut off has been reduced for 1st stag of shortlisting. Certain IIMs like IIM Rohtak are not considering sectional CAT cut offs. Instead, it would shortlist candidates on the basis of their overall CAT score. Allotted weightage to CAT 2020 exam has been reduced. More weightage has been given to academic performance and diversity. Female candidates will be awarded bonus marks in IIM Admission process. Many IIMs will not conduct WAT and will organize PI online.
What is CAP Admission Criteria in IIMs:
CAT Common Admission Process or CAT CAP is a centralized counselling process conducted for admission in the new IIMs and they are IIM Bodhgaya, IIM Kashipur, IIM Sambalpur, IIM Sirmaur, IIM Jammu, IIM Ranchi, IIM Trichy, IIM Udaipur.
- Benefit of CAP counselling process is that the common rules or criteria are followed i.e the qualifying cut off will be the same for these institutes.
- Also, a combined GD and PI round will be conducted for all the candidates and in the end, each IIM prepares its individual merit list to offer admission.
- Last year CAP counselling was conducted by IIM Kashipur.
IIMs Waitlist Movement
- Once the candidates are shortlisted for the final admission process, one more batch of eligible students is kept on the waiting list. If a student does not opt for admission in the institute, then that seat goes for the candidate in the waiting list.
- In simple words, we can say that IIM waitlist means or consists of the number of seats that move up from the waitlist to offer.
- No IIM releases the list of waitlists of candidates publically, however, based on various sources like Quora, Blogs, Students interactions etc the data has been curated. Read More CAT IIM Selection Process
|Type||Total Intake||Shortlisted Candidates||Seats filled|
|IIMs||Batch 2019-21||Batch 2020-22||Batch 2019-21||Batch 2020-22||Batch 2019-21||Batch 2020-22|
Last Year Waitlist Movement Trend
From the image provided below candidates can check the Waitlist Movement Trend of various IIMs.
MBA College Accepting CAT Score (Above 90 Percentile)
|College||Total Fees (Approx)||Average Placement Packages|
|Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM)||Rs. 13,75,000||10 LPA|
|Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kgp||Rs. 7,36,000||16.50 LPA|
|University Business School (UBS)||Rs. 32,874||9.5 LPA|
|MICA||Rs. 18,50,000||12.8 LPA|
|Delhi School of Management (DSM)||Rs. 1,58,000||7.5 LPA|
|Institute of Rural Management (IRMA)||Rs. 11,50,000||10.95 LPA|
|Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research||Rs. 11,00,000||11 LPA|
|Institute for Financial Management and Research||Rs 12,00,000||9 LPA|
|SP Jain Institute of Management and Research||Rs. 16,25,000||22 LPA|
|Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University||Rs. 98,888||9 LPA|
|Institute of Finance and International Management||Rs. 11,00,000||19 LPA|
|Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education||Rs. 1,36,000-1,53,000||10.43 LPA|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra||Rs. 4,77,00||11.76 LPA|
|Institute of Public Enterprise||Rs. 8,00,000||6.09 LPA|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management||Rs. 6,60,000||6 LPA|
|SCMS Cochin School of Business||Rs.. 7,50,000||5 LPA|
|Department of Management Sciences, University of Pune||Rs. 1,32,000||6.43 LPA|
|Woxsen School of Business||Rs. 34,60,000||8.1 LPA|
|Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Usha and Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management||Rs. 12,25,000||4.5 LPA|
|DoMS, IISc||Rs. 70,000||24.5 LPA|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research||Rs. 11,93,000||5 LPA|
|Indian Institute of Forest Management||Rs. 4,80,000||7.5 LPA|
|Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam||Rs. 9,00,000||13.08 LPA|
|Trinity College for Management and Technology||RS. 2,12,000||3 LPA|
MBA College Accepting CAT Score (80-90 Percentile)
|College||80-90 Percentile||College||Above 85 Percentile|
|Fore School of Management||Rs 15.98 lakh||IMI, Delhi||Rs 16.95 lakh|
|Goa Institute of Management||Rs 16.98 lakh||Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur||Rs 12.05 lakh|
|International Management Institute, Delhi||Rs 17.68 lakh||Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirapalli||Rs 13.75 lakh|
|S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research||Rs 17.50 lakh||Delhi School of Management-DTU||Rs 3.17 lakh|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai||Rs 15.26 lakh||KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai||Rs 7.08 lakh|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management||Rs 15.29 lakh||Department of Management Sciences, Pune University||Rs 1.33 lakh|
|T. A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal||Rs 14.60 lakh||Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur||Rs 7.36 lakh|
|Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management development & Research, Bangalore||Rs 11 lakh||Department of Management Studies, IIM Madras||Rs 7 lakh|
|Amity University, Gurgaon||Rs 8.20 lakh||Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee||Rs 8 lakh|
|Amity University, Gwalior||Rs 8.20 lakh||School of Management, Manipal University||Rs 6.86 lakh|
MBA College Accepting CAT Score (60-80 Percentile)
With preparation for one of the most favored management entrance tests in the nation CAT, aspirants also are in search of colleges that will grant admission at specified scores. Top scorers are usually aware of which college they will get a seat in, but students with a relatively low score are unaware of where to head forward. So here’s a list of colleges divided between different CAT Percentile Range where students can seek admission with designated scores along with their fee structure for the degree program.
- List of Top Colleges Participating in CAT
- To check your expected percentile, use CAT Percentile Predictor
Candidates should not get confused about the colleges accepting low percentile not accepting higher CAT percentile. Seats will be granted on the basis of higher scores between two candidates.
The list below marks ten colleges in each percentile range, but does not follow any rank preference.
|College||60-70 Percentile||College||70-80 Percentile|
|Christ University Institute of Management, Bangalore||Rs 17.87 lakh||Alliance School of Business - Alliance University, Bangalore||Rs 13.50 lakh|
|IILM Institute for Higher Education, Delhi||Rs 12.90 lakh||Amity Business School, Noida||Rs 12.80 lakh|
|Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad||Rs 10.04 lakh||Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida||Rs 12 lakh|
|Amrita School of Business - Bangalore||Rs 10 lakh||Great Lakes Institute of Management, Gurgaon||Rs 11.76 lakh|
|Acharya Bangalore B-School||Rs 8.10 lakh||Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, (XIME Bangalore), Hosur Road, Bangalore||Rs 10 lakh|
|International School of Business & Media, Pune||Rs 8.90 lakh||Amity University, Mumbai||Rs 10.00 lakh|
|AIMS Institutes (AIMS), Bangalore||Rs 8.10 lakh||CMS Business School, J.P. Nagar, Bangalore||Rs 9.90 lakh|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani||Rs 8.04 lakh||RICS School of Built Environment, Amity University, Noida||Rs 9.5 lakh|
|School of Petroleum Management-PDPU, Ahmedabad||Rs 8.20 lakh||Asia-Pacific Institute of Management (AIM, Delhi)||Rs 9.65 lakh|
|New Delhi Institute of Management||Rs 7.25 lakh||Universal Business School, Sion, Mumbai||Rs 8.78 lakh|
What is CAT Exam?
CAT exam is the only gateway to get into IIMs. IIMs offer education from the best-qualified faculty and a chance to study with top-class students of India. IIMs offer a considerable rise in paycheque and can offer up to 100% hike in the average pay. Internships and placements are offered by top firms like Goldman Sachs, TAS, JP Morgan, etc. Check out IIM Ahmedabad placement report to get an insight. if you have doubt about why to do an MBA then visit this page
Changes in CAT Exam Last Year
- The application fee for CAT exam was increased from INR 1,900 to 2,000 for General category students and from INR 950 to 1,000 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Candidates can now select up to six cities for CAT Exam center choice.
- Also total CAT Exam slots were increased from 2 to 3 i.e. Slot 1- 8:30 AM to 10:30 PM, slot 2 - 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM, slot 3 - 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM.
- Last year the time duration of CAT exam was reduced to 120 minutes from 180 minutes i.e. 40 minutes for each section due to COVID-19 for that particular CAT exam only.
CAT Exam Important Points
- No Extra Fees to Apply for IIMs – CAT Registration Fee of Rs.2000/- for General candidates and Rs.1000/- for reserved category paid by the candidates during the time registration process is the only fees that need to be paid. There will be no extra fee charged to apply for admission in IIMs.
- Degrees Accepted – Dual Degree programs are also accepted while applying for CAT exam.
- CAT Exam Day – CAT exam is conducted in a single day in 3 slots. Earlier it was conducted on multiple days. Since the exam is conducted in multiple slots CAT Normalization method is used by the authority to calculate the percentiles.
- CAT Participating colleges & IIMs: After qualifying CAT 2021 candidates will become eligible to get admission in MBA programs offered by 20 IIMs without paying any additional application fee for admission process. Other than that various other MBA colleges also accepts CAT scores.
|CAT Participating Institutes 2021||CAT IIM Selection Process 2021||CAT Rank & College Predictor 2021||CAT Practice Papers for DILR, Quant & VARC|
MBA Programs Offered by IIMs after CAT Exam
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM, PGPBA|
|IIM Tirchy||PGPM, PGPBM, PGPM-HR|
|IIM Kozhikode||PGP, PGP-BL, PGP-F, EPGP|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP|
|IIM Indore||PGP, PGP-HRM|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP, EPGP|
|IIM Ranchi||PGP, PGP-HRM|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGPX|
|IIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX|
CAT Exam 2021 FAQs
Ques. When can I apply for CAT Exam 2021?
Ans. The application procedure for CAT 2021 begins from the first week of August 2021. The CAT application process will only be done online, and the application procedure will close in the fourth week of September 2021. Candidates will get a small window for correction of their application in the last week of September 2021.
Ques. Will CAT 2021 be postponed?
Ans. Various reports indicate that the CAT 2021 exam will not be postponed. As per the CAT 2020 convener, Harshal Lowalekar, there is very little chance that the CAT exam will be postponed or cancelled. However, considering the COVID-19 pandemic and other pertinent situations such as Government Directives at the time, there may be some changes to this.
Ques. Are 6 Months enough for CAT Preparation?
Ans. A time of 6 months is large enough to prepare for the CAT exam. Preparation largely consists of practicing questions and topics of the different questions. If done diligently, six months is enough to clear the CAT Cut Offs of major colleges.
Ques. Is CAT Score valid for 2 years?
Ans. No, the CAT scores are valid for a period of 1 year only. Post 1 year, candidates have to re-attempt CAT and clear the Cut Off again to secure admission to their preferred college.
Ques. Who will set CAT 2021?
Ans. The CAT Exam is managed and conducted by the first generation IIMs on a rotational basis, which includes the release of notifications, setting the CAT question paper, managing Cut Off etc. The Exam Conduction is handled by Tata Consultation Services, or TCS since 2014.
Ques. Is a Calculator allowed inside the CAT Exam Center 2021?
Ans. No, a calculator will not be permitted inside the CAT Exam Center 2021. You will be frisked outside most exam centers and will be asked to keep the calculator inside your bag if you are carrying one. However, an onscreen calculator will be available on the computer you will be attempting the exam on. The calculator can perform the most basic calculations.
Ques. What is the difficulty level of CAT Exam?
Ans. The CAT exam is generally considered to be tough. The Quantitative Aptitude Section is considered to be the most difficult section followed by the Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning section.
Ques. Can a Third Year student apply for CAT 2021?
Ans. Yes, third-year students can apply for CAT, i.e. candidates in the final year of graduation can apply for CAT. However, admission is subject to the candidates providing proof of graduation such as mark sheets, etc. to the college that they have been admitted to.
Ques. Which is the best institute for CAT Preparation?
Ans. Here are some of the best institutes for CAT Preparation -
- Career Launcher.
- Triumphant Institute of Management
- PT Education
- Bulls Eye
Ques. Can an academically weak student clear the CAT Cut Offs?
Ans. Yes, academically weak students can crack the CAT exam if they prepare for the exam properly and properly work on their weak points. However, candidates have to keep in mind that many IIMs have certain minimum academic criteria for admission.
Ques. Is GK asked in CAT?
Ans. No, GK is not asked in the CAT exam. However, other management exams such as XAT ask questions based on Current Affairs and General Knowledge.
Ques. What is the best way to prepare for CAT 2021?
Ans. CAT examination is a tough nut to crack and in order to qualify the examination, a year-long rigorous practice is required. Candidates who will be appearing in CAT 2021 can refer to CAT Preparation Tips (Hashlink) for better guidance.
Ques. Do I need to submit the overall percentage of marks like that in my bachelor’s degree while applying for CAT 2021?
Ans. In order to fulfill that CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria, you need to provide your overall percentage marks as per university norms.
Ques. I have changed my name after completing my Bachelor’s. Which name should I enter in my CAT application form? The previous one or the new one?
Ans. You may enter the changed name while filling up the CAT application form. However, you should also provide supporting documents to your changed name at the time of examination, interview, and admission process.
Ques. Can I appear for CAT 2021 from my personal desktop?
Ans. A candidate should appear for the examination at the prescribed date and exam center mentioned in CAT 2021 admit card. Attempting papers from workstations other than the mentioned ones will not be considered.
Ques. Is CAT score the sole criteria for getting admission into IIMs?
Ans. No, CAT score helps in shortlisting of candidates. The final admission list is declared on the basis of the marks scored in all rounds.
Ques. I have completed a dual degree program i.e. Bachelor’s and Master’s. Which course marks should I enter in CAT Registration?
Ans. You need to enter the aggregate marks of Bachelor degree under the bachelor’s score section and the same process should be repeated for Masters.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.