CAT 2019 Registration (Extended), Eligibility, Syllabus (pdf), Result and Cut off
CAT 2019 Registration deadline has been extended till September 25, 2019. Application Process for CAT commenced on August 7, 2019 at iimcat.ac.in. CAT 2019 will be conducted by IIM Kozhikode on November 24, 2019. Apply Now
- IIM Kozhikode has released CAT 2019 notification on July 28, 2019 .
- This year, the exam will be conducted in 156 test cities across the country instead of 147 cities.
- CAT Result will be released in the second week of January 2020.
- Percentile Score Calculation process has been released by IIM Kozhikode for CAT 2019. Read More
- In 2018, over 2.41 lakh candidates competed for 12,411 seats with 11 students scoring 100 percentile. Check CAT Cut off
- Graduates with a minimum of 50% marks can apply for CAT. Know About CAT Reservation
CAT made its entry in international acceptance when Singapore Management University in 2017 declared CAT score valid for admissions into their business programs. Download CAT 2019 Syllabus pdf
With CAT 2019 just three months away from now, the focus of aspirants should be on taking Mock Test regularly. A Mock Test is like a practice test on the same lines of main exam which help the candidates evaluate their preparation and focus on topics they need to work hard on. Check Exclusive CAT 2019 Model Paper by Collegedunia
About CAT 2020: Common Admission Test or popularly recoginized as CAT is the most popular management entrance exam of the country. It is the gateway to 20 IIMs and other top B-schools. CAT is conducted every year by one of the older IIMs on a rotational basis. Read More
CAT 2019 Highlights
|CAT 2019 Conducting Body||IIM Kozhikode|
|CAT 2019 Official Website||iimcat.ac.in|
|Exam Date||November 24, 2019|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Number of Sessions||Two (Morning and Evening)|
|Total Section||3 (Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning)|
|CAT 2019 Registration Fees||Rs. 1900|
|Courses Offered||Admission to MBA/PGDM Courses|
|CAT 2019 Participating Institute|
IIMs, IITs, FMS, ISB and other B-Schools
CAT 2019 Important Dates
|Official Notification of CAT 2019||July 28, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Application Form||August 7 – September 25, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Form Correction Window||September 27- September 30, 2019|
|Release of CAT 2019 Admit Card||October 23 – November 24, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Exam Date||November 24, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Result Date||January 7, 2020|
CAT 2019 Eligibility
Candidates planning to take the exam must fulfill CAT Eligibility Criteria prescribed by the exam conducting body. The eligibility criteria for CAT 2019 is given below:
- There is be no age restriction for taking the CAT 2019 examination.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% marks for SC/ST/PWD categories).
- Candidates, who possess an equivalent examination recognized by the MHRD, Government of India (including AMICE of the Institution of Civil Engineers (India) as an equivalent qualification) can also apply.
- Candidates appearing in final year exam of Bachelor’s degree or waiting for their result are also eligible for CAT exam.
Difference between CAT and IIM Eligibility
The overall eligibility criteria are the same except, you are allowed to appear in CAT 2019 exam with two years of graduation in the old system, but you are not allowed to pursue the management course at IIMs unless you have completed graduation degree with a minimum duration of three years.
CAT 2019 Application Form
CAT 2019 Application Form has been made available at the official website from August 7, 2019. Candidates will be required to fill up general details like personal information and academic qualifications in the application form. The forms can be filled via online mode only on the official website, i.e., iimcat.ac.in. CAT 2019 registration last date is September 25, 2019. Check Photosize, Signature & other details
CAT 2019 Registration consists of 3 steps which are given below:
- Register by providing necessary details to get the candidate’s user ID and Password.
- Fill the CAT 2019 Application Form and upload the required documents.
- The final step is payment of CAT 2019 Application Fee before final submission of the online application form.
CAT Statistics: Applied vs Appeared Candidates
How to Fill CAT 2019 Application Form?
Candidates must maintain a valid and unique email account and mobile number for the entire selection process. Below given are the guidelines to apply for the exam:
- Visit the CAT 2019 official website and click on ‘Registration for New User.’
- Registration form will appear to create the user profile.
- Enter personal details like name, date of birth and contact details- valid mobile number and email ID.
- Candidates will have to verify their mobile number through OTP.
- Once the OTP is verified, candidates will receive an email containing their User ID and Password. The same will also be sent on the registered mobile number.
- Login using these credentials to proceed with the application process.
CAT 2019 Admit Card
CAT 2019 Admit Card will be issued for the applicants who have successfully registered themselves for the exam. The admit card can be downloaded from CAT 2019 official website. The governing body will not send hard copies of the hall ticket by post.
- Admit Card must be retained till the time of admission and counselling, duly signed by the exam supervisor.
- The details about the individual such as his name, roll number, date of birth, time slot and exam center allotted along with the address will be printed on the hall ticket.
- It is a necessary document for taking the entrance exam without which, no individual will be permitted into the exam hall.
Steps to download CAT 2019 Admit Card are given below:
- Login to CAT 2019 official website.
- Login using the User ID and Password.
- Click on ‘Download Admit Card’ to access the hall ticket.
- Admit card will appear. Cross-check all the details and take at least two printed copies of the hall ticket.
CAT 2019 Exam Centers
- CAT 2019 will be conducted in 156 exam centers across the country.
- Participants will be allowed to choose four cities for the online entrance test as their preferred exam center.
- They should exercise their choices in the application form according to their convenience.
- The governing authority will allot a center to the individuals, and the venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card.
Note: Applicants can choose a maximum of 4 exam centers as per their preferred choice from the dropdown menu. CAT exam centers are allotted after registration. It is to be noted that candidates will be allotted the exam center as per their preferred choice but they cannot select the session as per their preference.
Below mentioned are CAT Exam Centers that students must know before applying for the exam.
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the CAT Exam Pattern before appearing in the exam so that they can perform well. Below given are the major highlights of CAT exam pattern.
- CAT Exam Mode – Online
- Number of Sessions – Two (Morning and Evening)
- Type of Questions – MCQs and Non – MCQs
- Total Number of Questions – 100
- Marking Scheme – +3 for Correct Answers and -1 for Wrong Answers
|Sections||Subjects||Time Allotted||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Section I||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||60 Minutes||34||102|
|Section II||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||60 Minutes||32||96|
|Section III||Quantitative Ability||60 Minutes||34||102|
Check Related News: CAT 2019 Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme and Syllabus
Changes in CAT Exam Pattern Over Years
Candidates planning to crack CAT 2019 must keep themselves with the latest changes in syllabus and paper pattern. Past years there were many changes in CAT exam pattern. Below tabulated are the trending changes in CAT Exam Pattern over the years.
|Year||Number of Questions||Number of Sections||Sections||Duration (min)|
|2018-2015||100||3||QA, DI&LR, VA||180|
|2010||60||3||QA, DI&LR, VA||150|
CAT 2019 Syllabus
Candidates preparing for CAT exam must have a clear idea about the syllabus of the same. The detailed CAT 2019 Syllabus is given below:
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension||Verbal reasoning, antonyms and synonyms, analogies and reverse analogies, sentence correction, facts inference judgments, critical reasoning, fill in the blanks, syllogism, summary questions, passage-based questions|
|Data Interpretation||Area graph, Venn diagram, Line and Pie Charts, Column and Bar graphs, Caselets and Tables|
|Logical Reasoning||Number and letter series, Syllogism, Clocks, calendars and cubes, Directions, Blood relations, Binary Logic, Coding-decoding, Logical sequence, Matrix, and linear arrangement|
|Quantitative Ability||Number system, Geometry, Algebra, Permutation and Combination, Mixtures and Allegations, Ratio & Proportion, Logarithm, Time & Work, Functions, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, and Mensuration|
Download CAT 2019 Syllabus Pdf
How to Prepare for CAT 2019?
Right preparation strategy at the right time will bring glories to you. With the help of the most recommended and reliable books in the market, candidates can ace the exam. These books are a great source to revise the whole of the CAT 2019 Syllabus, as well as they, offer sets of most important questions. कैट तैयारी के टिप्स हिंदी में जानिए
Apart from books, there are multiple sources like online youtube tutorials, online study material, etc that candidates may consider.
Candidates often get confused with regard to the appropriate CAT Books or study material to refer to. They look for the material which the toppers have approved of. This is bound to happen since their no dearth of CAT Preparation Books in the market. Given below are some of the Best Books for CAT Preparation 2019:
How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT
Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admission Tests for Admission into IIMs
Sarvesh K. Verma
Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT
Nishit K. Sinha
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
CAT 2019 Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT
Nishit K. Sinha
Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT
Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay/Arihant
30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary Mass Market Paperback
Wilfred Funk & Norman Lewis/ Simon & Schuster
How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT
Sharma and Upadhyay
PSC for VA for CAT Exam
Click Here About CAT Preparation Tips For Working Professionals
Toppers Preparation Strategy for CAT 2019
Candidates appearing in CAT 2019 can consider the preparation strategy of the previous year toppers as these are the applied and tested ways to crack CAT. Below given is the list of few toppers of CAT 2018 and their mantras to crack CAT.
Amit Bikram: Mumbai boy Amit Bikram scored 100 percentile in CAT 2018. In his interview, Amit revealed his mantras to ace CAT exam. He told that he started his preparation 4 months prior to the exam. He kept on taking CAT Mock Tests to analyze his weaker areas and tried to improve in it. According to Amit:
- 4 months are enough to revise and brush up all major areas for CAT exam.
- Take need-based coaching, rely on self-study.
- Make your own preparation plan, do not follow others.
- Do not believe in short-cuts, practice a lot.
- Go through all the formulae of QA before the exam day.
Niranjan Prasad: Niranjan Prasad from Udupi scored 100 percentile in CAT 2018. Subject knowledge and time management are the two main focussed areas during the preparation. Read on Niranjan Success Mantra:
- Self-study is most important.
- For VARC, Arun Sharma is the best book for preparation.
- First, work on your weaker areas and keep on improving it until you improve it.
- Use time efficiency while preparing for the exam as it plays a major role. 4 hours of smart work is more important than twelve hours of hard work.
Raunak Majumdar: Another 100 percentile scorer of CAT 2018 is a graduate from IIT Kanpur. Raunank’s major tool was Mock Test. He took 35-37 mock tests before the exam. Raunak says:
- Time management plays a major role.
- Attempt easy question first and then move forward to maintain speed and accuracy.
- Test series are beneficial than full-time coaching, as these test series helps in analyzing the shortcomings.
CAT Mock Test
The exam conducting body will release CAT Mock tests in the month of October for a better understanding of the CAT question paper. With the available free mock test, candidates will get an idea about how to navigate through the question paper while attempting the exam to score better. The habit of solving at least 5 quizzes will help the candidate to hold a tight grip on their preparation. Below given are the steps that candidates must follow to access the official mock test.
- Click on the link stating- CAT 2019 Mock Test Link available at iimcat.ac.in.
- Sign in using registration number and password.
- Press F11 to read the general instructions.
- Click on “Next” to read the instructions.
- Then click on the disclaimer checkbox on “Other Important Instructions for the candidates.
- Click on “I am ready to begin” to begin the mock test.
Note: There is a separate link of Mock Test for PwD candidates which can be accessed by following the same procedure as mentioned above.
Apart from official Mock Tests, given below are some CAT quizzes for different sections which are prepared for the thorough practice of the CAT aspirants.
Top MBA Coachings in India
There are various CAT Coaching Centers in India offering online as well as offline preparations. Coaching Centers like Career Launcher, T.I.M.E., and IMS Learning Centre are located at almost every major cities across the country. Below given are the top 5 coaching institutes in India.
|2||IMS Learning Centre||imsindia.com|
Apart from the coachings mentioned above, there are various other coaching institutes which CAT aspirants may consider.
|Delhi||Achievers Academy, AnkGanit, Alchemist Institute, Mindworkzz|
|Mumbai||Career Forum, Endeavor Careers, KITS, Vidyasagar Classes|
|Gujarat||Career Line Education, Competitive Careers, Excel Management Foundation|
|Kolkata||Sachdeva College, SKD Education Consultant, Erudite, Vidyamandir|
|Bangalore||CET Tutorials, Career Plan, Testcracker, Acadware|
|Chennai||Brilliant Tutorials, Magnus Institute, Ascent Education, Vistamind|
Also Check CAT Coachings in Hyderabad
CAT Previous Year Paper Analysis
IIM Calcutta conducted CAT 2018. More than 2 lakhs candidates appeared in the exam. The difficulty level of the exam was moderately tough. Based on the CAT aspirants and academic experts, VARC section was difficult, whereas the QA was easy. Below given are the previous year exam analysis and the distribution of questions in each section to give an idea about the exam to the candidates.
|Section||Number of MCQs||Number of Non-MCQs||Difficulty Level||Good Attempts|
Read Detailed CAT Previous Year Paper Analysis
The general pattern of the CAT is to balance the section-wise difficulty of the exam. For example, if the difficulty of one particular section is ‘Moderate’, then the other sections will be comparatively tough while the third section will be easier. Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- The first section was VARC with 34 questions in total, out of which 7 were Non-MCQs.
- The passages were of around 500 words in CAT 2018 as compared to 800 words in 2017.
- Total Reading Comprehension based questions were 24.
- The topics of RC passages were: Genetics, Second World War, Plastic Pollution, Elephant society, and Consumer Behaviour.
- Passages had inference based questions also.
Data Interpretation & Logical reasoning
- DILR was the toughest section.
- Scaled score from this section was comparatively low.
- A general attempt of 12 questions out of 32 was good enough to ensure a sectional percentile of 90+.
- Topics with Moderate difficulty: Boss Diagram, Institute Accreditation, and Set Theory.
- Easy questions: Arrangement, Market share, and more
- QA section was the toughest section for the year.
- This particular section had 12 non-MCQs.
- he questions were calculation oriented.
- ]Questions from Geometry, Algebra and arithmetic were the toughest.
- The questions from Number system and modern math were moderate in difficulty.
CAT Rank Predictor
CAT Rank Predictor is an online tool by collegedunia.com. Candidates who have appeared in CAT exam can use the rank predictor to analyze the exam result before the actual results are out.
- The tool determines the predicted ranks based on their respective percentile.
- Based on the analysis candidates can choose the best colleges in which they can get into.
CAT 2019 Result
CAT 2019 Result will be declared on January 7, 2020 in the form of a scorecard at the official website. Scorecards will contain the sectional and overall marks and percentile obtained by individuals in the exam. It is valid for only this academic year.
The results can be checked by following these few steps:
- Log on to the official website of CAT.
- Select the option of ‘Download Scorecard’.
- Enter your User ID and Password to know your CAT Result.
- On your account’s page, you can download the scorecard.
- Download the result and take a print out copies for future reference.
CAT 2019 Normalisation Process
CAT Normalisation Process is done to maintain equality and fairness in the comparison of the performance of CAT aspirants. Through the process, students are scaled based on location, scale differences, test slots, etc. The scaled score will be then converted into a percentile score for further shortlisting process.
Also Read CAT Score Calculation
CAT 2019 Cut Off
The cutoff for CAT exam depends on various factors like the total number of applicants, the difficulty level of exam, seats available and previous years’ cutoff. Each IIM will announce its cutoff for shortlisting candidates for the selection process separately.
Candidates must clear sectional and overall cutoff to be eligible for the subsequent rounds. The overall cutoff for IIMs usually falls between 90-99 percentile.
The top 3 IIMs- Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Calcutta have a cut off over 99 percentile. The cutoff for other top business schools like FMS, JBIMS, and SPIJMR is over 95 percentile. The expected CAT Cutoff for top management colleges are-
|Name of Institute||CAT Cut off in Percentile|
Check Related News:
- FMS Delhi Admission Procedure through CAT 2019
- Courses Offered Through CAT
- IIM Ahmedabad CAT Cutoff and Admission Criteria 2019
CAT Selection Process
The CAT selection process was updated in 2015 for newer IIMs. 10 out of 20 IIMs still adhere to the traditional selection process i.e. GD, WTA, and PI rounds. While 10 IIMs are opting for the new process, this year. The new process also called Common Admission Process (CAP) will be conducted by IIM Ranchi. IIM Kozhikode is responsible for conducting the CAT exam throughout the country. Important Dates for CAP, 2019
|Declaration of Shortlist||3rd Week January, 2020|
|Call for CAP 2019 to Shortlisted candidates||3rd Week January, 2020|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi|
|Last date to apply for a change of CAP centre||1st Week, February, 2020|
|CAP 2019 Start Date||Mid-February, 2020|
|CAP 2019 End Date||2nd Week of March, 2020|
Selection Process for a CAT 2019 Each year, one of the 20 IIMs organize a nationwide Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission to an MBA programme. IIM, Kozhikode is organizing the exam for the year 2019. There are two different selection processes a traditional process and a new process. The basic differences between both the process are tabulated below:
|Traditional Process||New Process|
|Organizing Body||IIM, Kozhikode||Written Exam - IIM, Kozhikode|
|CAP - IIM, Ranchi|
|Step 1||Written Test||Written Test|
|Step 2||WAT or/and GD||Common Admission Process (consists of WAT & PI)|
|Step 3||Personal Interview||-|
CAT Selection Process: Written Test, GD or Written Ability Test, and Personal Interview
The written test is divided into three main sections, with a total of 100 questions to be attempted in a duration of 3 hours.
|Section||No. of the Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||34||102||60 Minutes|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32||96||60 Minutes|
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||34||102||60 Minutes|
The official mock test for 2019 will be released by IIM, Kozhikode. The average cut off for most of the IIMs would range from 95-99%. To know more about calculating %ile score and the section-wise cut-off, please click here.
2. GD or Written Ability Test
Only those candidates will make it to the second round who have cleared the cut-off of the written test. IIMs and other top B-Schools will be calling the applicants, inviting them for the next step.
The next step of the process varies across the institute. Some of the institute like IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Lucknow, etc. will conduct both GD and WAT, along with PI.
- While some of the other institutes will directly conduct the Written Test.
- For Group discussion (GD), candidates are divided into a group of 8-10 each. The purpose of GD is to check your thought process and teamwork abilities.
- For written ability test (WAT) you will be given 15-45 minutes depending upon the respective IIM.
The general purpose of each process is tabulated below:
|Group Discussion||To check if you are a team player|
|Written Ability Test||To check how clearly you can convey your message.|
|Personal Interview||To check your confidence, background, and other details.|
3. Personal Interview
The Personal Interview round or simply PI round holds a weightage of around 30-40% of the entire process. Candidates usually face a panel of 2-4 interviewers.
While preparing a final cut-off for the admissions, IIMs considers the following factors:
- Overall CAT score
- Academic Qualification (from Xth standard onwards)
- Overall work experience
- Extra-curricular activities
- Academic Diversity (Preference to non-B.tech graduates over B. Tech graduates)
- Gender Diversity (Preference to girls over boys)
Note: The weightage for each of these factors varies with the institute.
Common Admission Process for CAT 2019
Common Admission Process (CAP) is the latest process used to organize common counselling sessions for IIMs. Although counselling is common, every IIM releases their individual CAT cut off. The only difference in the traditional selection process and CAP is that this new process doesn’t have a Group Discussion round.
Most of the B-Schools participating in CAP are either third-generation IIMs or are smaller in scale as compared to their fellow IIMs. IIMs participating in the Common Admission Process are listed below:
- IIM Kashipur
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Trichy
- IIM Udaipur
- IIM Bodh Gaya
- IIM Sambalpur
- IIM Sirmaur
- IIM Jammu
How the Common Admission Process works:
The step-wise methodology of the common admission process is explained below: The IIMs prepares an individual merit list and invite the candidates for a process called, Personal Appearance (PA). PA involves a Written Ability Test (WAT) and a personal interview (PI).
The steps involved in the Common Admission Process (CAP) are as follows:
- All the participating IIMs will prepare their individual short-list and send it to the CAP, coordinator for 2019: IIM, Ranchi.
- IIM, Ranchi will prepare a final shortlist for CAP, 2019 calls.
- The candidates will confirm their availability for common counselling.
- Candidates will appear for the CAP process and attempt WAT and PI.
- IIM, Ranchi will send the CAP scores to respective IIMs.
- All IIMs will then prepare their final admission list.
The CAP 2019 will be held at Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru, and Kolkata. It is expected that around 14,000 students will be shortlisted for the first CAP merit list. Many students are expected to receive multiple calls as many of the students will be clearing the eligibility for multiple IIMs.
Non-IIMs Accepting CAT Score
IIMs are the dream destination for every CAT aspirants, however, if a candidate fails in getting a seat there, they need not worry. There are many other top B-schools which accept CAT score. These institutes have their own benchmark. Given below are few of the best colleges in which candidates can take admission through CAT score.
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS Delhi)
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, SOM, IIT Bombay
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB)
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
- T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai
CAT 2019 - Do’s and Don’t
Do’s for the candidates
- Bring CAT Admit Cards along with a valid ID proof.
- Use the Google map link embedded on the electronic version of the Admit card to locate the Test Centre.
- Report at the Test center at 7:30 a.m. IST for the Forenoon Session and at 1:00 p.m. IST for the Afternoon Session.
- Deposit all personal belongings such as mobile phones, bags, wallets, Jackets, Jewellery, watch, electronic gadgets, stationery items, etc. at the Test Centre Entrance Gate.
- Return Writing Pad with all pages intact and Pen post the Exam to the Invigilator
- Provide your attendance in the Form with signature when asked for in the exam Lab.
- Post the Exam, handover Admit Card duly signed to Invigilatorpresent in the Exam Lab.
Don’ts for the candidates
- Don’t appear for CAT 2019 more than once.
- Do not carry any prohibited object like electronic gadgets etc. to the exam hall.
- Do not attempt to cheat during the exam.
- Do not request for a change in Exam Centre/ Exam Lab/ Console on the exam day.
- Avoid wearing jewelry, jackets, and footwear inside the exam hall.
- Mobile phones, Electronic Gadgets, Watches, Calculators, own Stationery items, Wallets, and/or goggle are not allowed in the exam hall.
Highest Salary Package offered after IIMCAT
Candidates can check below the salary packages that are being offered to IIM and other top- B school graduates:-
|Institute||Highest Package||Average Package|
|IIM Bangalore||1 Crore PA||26 LPA|
|IIM Calcutta||1.25 Crore PA||25 LPA|
|SPJIMR||40 LPA||16 LPA|
|IIM Ahmedabad||72 LPA||16 LPA|
|FMS, Delhi||1 Crore PA||23 LPA|
|IIM Indore||89 LPA||20 LPA|
|IIFT||1 CrorePA||20 LPA|
|IIM Shillong||28 LPA||16 LPA|
|IIM Rohtak||24 LPA||11 LPA|
|IIM Ranchi||26 LPA (PGDM)||5 LPA (PGDM)|
|IM Sambalpur||58 LPA||12 LPA|
|IIM Vishakhapatnam||22 LPA||12 LPA|
|XLRI||50 LPA||22 LPA|
|IIM Udaipur||33 LPA||13 LPA|
|IIM Kashipur||53 LPA||12 LPA|
|IIM Kozhikode||52 LPA||17 LPA|
Revised Seat Intake of IIMs
Other Management Exams
Ques. Are there any age restrictions in CAT 2019?
Ans. No, there is no age limit criteria in either CAT eligibility or IIM eligibility. However, CAT accepts a 2 year Bachelor’s degree program. Whereas, IIM’s require a 3 year bachelor’s degree for their management programs.
Ques. How to prepare for CAT 2019 without coaching?
Ans. The stress regarding the preparation process is understandable considering CAT 2019 is just a few months away. Coachings can be a guiding unit for the candidates, however, the preparation bit always depends on the aspirant’s dedication. Candidate’s must make a timetable and stick to it. Beginning with clearing the basics is always a good take. Make your conceptual understanding strong and practice as much as you can. Take frequents mocks and work on your strengths and weaknesses. With planning and hardwork, the exam won’t seem as troublesome.
Ques. I have lost my original marksheets of 10th and 12th board examinations. Are the original documents required for CAT Application?
Ans. Yes, the marksheets of 10th and 12th are essential documents with regard to CAT 2019 registration. Besides that, the candidates will be required to present the original documents during the admission process of any particular management institute.
Ques. I am from commerce background and my maths is weak. In which order should I prepare for the quants section?
Ans. For students from Non-Mathematics background, it is advisable to focus on Basic maths like algebra and arithmetic. These sections carry maximum weightage. It is recommended to attempt less question but with maximum accuracy. Sectional cut off for CAT 2018 was within a range of 23-25. Which is easily get-able with 9-10 correct attempts with 100% accuracy. So decide which topic from the quant section can give you this score.
Ques. When is CAT 2019 scheduled to take place?
Ans. IIM Kozhikode will conduct CAT 2019 on November 24. The exam will take place in online mode. Nearly 2 lac candidates are expected to sit for the exam.
Ques. Is there an option to write CAT in offline mode?
Ans. No, as per the directives issued by the authorities, CAT 2019 exam is conducted in online mode only. However, CAT was conducted in offline mode till 2009.
Ques. How many registrations are received for CAT 2019?
Ans.It is expected that approximately 2.41 lac students will register for CAT 2019.
Ques. Is there any reservation of seats for female candidates in IIMs like we have in GATE?
Ans. No, there is no reservation policy defined for female category candidates. Although it was proposed in 2015, no further report on the same came out.
Ques. How many institutes in total are considering CAT 2019 Scores this year?
Ans. This year, there are around 100 colleges and 20 IIMs are considering CAT score for their admission process.
Ques. Do I have to fill the application form separately for each CAT College?
Ans. YES, apart from IIMs, you need to fill the application form separately for each of the participating institutes. You need to fill the application forms for all the institutes in which you wish to apply on the basis of the CAT 2019 result.
Ques. If I do not clear the minimum CAT 2019 Cutoff, will I still be eligible for admission?
Ans. You need to clear the minimum cut off for further admission process. If you fail on this step, you cannot get admission in any of the IIMs. However, some private college might invite you depending upon their admission rules.
Ques. When will I receive my CAT 2019 admit card?
Ans. Authorities are not sending CAT admit card 2019 manually, so best is to download online through the official website in the time slot defined.
Ques. In case I misplace my admit card at the exam center, can I download the CAT 2019 admit card at the exam center?
Ans. Yes, you must contact the authorities at the exam center and report the incident to them. They will help you with downloading the duplicate admit card.
Ques. What stationery items can I carry on the day of CAT exam?
Ans. Candidates Do not have to carry any stationery items. You will be given a pen and paper at the exam center itself, which have to be returned before you leave the exam hall.
Ques. Is there any traveling allowance issued to the candidates of reserved categories for CAT 2019 exam?
Ans. NO Travelling Allowance is issued to candidates, whether from reserved or non- reserved categories.
Ques. What is the last time to enter CAT exam center on the exam day?
Ans. Students in the morning shift will not be allowed to enter the exam center premises after 8.45 am, and for evening shift the deadline time is 2:15 pm.
Ques.Can you give me a list of items that are banned to be carried at the CAT 2019 exam center?
Ans. Students are not allowed to carry the following items at the exam center:
- Mobile Phones
- Pen, pencil
- Books/ chits/ sheets/ clips
- Electronic Gadgets
Ques. What support are PwD candidates getting while writing the CAT 2019 exam?
Ans. You will get the following privileges while writing CAT Exam:
- Scribe/ reader- candidates suffering from visual impairment or cerebral palsy are allowed to bring a scribe as an assistant, who has filled or submitted affidavits which ensure scribe’s authenticity.
- Other allowed devices- an abacus without a calculator is allowed to candidates suffering from visual impairment or hearing impairment.
Ques. What items are to be carried on the day of CAT 2019 exam?
Ans. A candidate needs to carry CAT 2019 admit card, along with a valid photo ID proof.
Ques. Can you give a list of items that can work as valid photo Id proof?
Ans. The following documents are accepted as the photo Id proof:
- College ID
- Employer ID
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Identification Affidavit
Ques. What fields can be corrected in CAT application form 2019?
Ans. CAT authorities are allowing only the following fields to be edited from this year onwards:
- Programs selected
- Percentage of marks scored
- Work experience
Rest, cannot be edited within the form correction window. So best to preview the application form before hitting the final submit button.
Ques. What steps to follow to edit details in my CAT application form 2019?
Ans. Following steps have been defined by the authorities to edit the application form:
- Open the official CAT website 2019.
- Click on the “existing user” tab.
- Log in to the portal with the username and password.
- Check the date supplied in the fields.
- Edit the information that needs to be corrected.
- Click on “save “and continue once the whole form has been edited.
Ques. Are transgender candidates allowed to write the CAT exam?
Ans. Yes, since 2015, transgender candidates are allowed to write CAT exam. All the rules ply on them as is.
Ques. What is the minimum academic eligibility criteria for writing CAT 2019?
Ans. A bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute is compulsory and mandatory for writing the CAT 2019 exam, this must meet the minimum percentage requirement of 55% in the qualifying examination.
Ques. What information do I need to keep handy before filling the CAT application form?
Ans. The following information must be kept handy before CAT Registration:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s DOB
- A valid email address
- Educational history
- Mark sheet of the previous qualifying examinations
- Additional certificates to be uploaded
- Scanned images of the passport size photo
- List of IIMs in the order of application
Ques. What details are asked in CAT 2019 Application Form?
Ans. You will find the following fields in the form:
- Personal details
- Academic details
- Work experience
- Payment of application fee
Ques. I have worked as a part-time employee with a management firm. Will my experience be counted during CAT 2019 Registration?
Ans. No, your experience will not be counted, only a full time job experience after completing graduation is considered as Work Experience.
Ques. What are the dimensions for the photograph to be uploaded with the CAT application form?
Ans. Only a scanned copy of the photograph and signature is accepted if it meets the following criteria:
|Pass port size photograph||upto 80KB||30mmX 45mm .jpg or .jpeg. minimum resolution of 150 px/ inch.|
|Signature||upto 80 Kb||80mmx 35mm, .jpg or .jpeg. minimum resolution of 150 px/ inch.|
Ques. Can CAT 2019 application fee be paid in offline mode by bank challan?
Ans. NO, application fee has to be paid in the online mode only, by the help of credit/debit card or internet banking. No other mode of payment even in the online mode is accepted.
Ques. What documents do I have to upload with my CAT 2019 application form?
Ans. A candidate has to upload compulsorily following set of documents with their CAT 2019 application form:
- A recent scanned photograph
- Scanned image of the signature
- SC/ST/OBC certificate must be signed by competent bodies and must be self attested, and then scanned and uploaded.
- PWD/DA certificate must be signed by authorities and self attested thereof, thus scanned and uploaded.
Ques. Do I have to send a hard copy of the completely filled CAT 2019 application form to the authorities?
Ans. No, you do not have to send any copy of the application form, however you must keep one print out for yourself ready.
Ques. Can the details in the application form be edited after paying the CAT 2019 application fee?
Ans. No, only the information can be edited before the payment of application fee. Some fields can be edited after the payment of application fee but some will be frozen so cannot be altered. The system thus provides you the freedom to log in multiple times and fill the details before hitting the final submit button.
Ques. How to contact CAT 2019 helpdesk in case of some emergency?
Ans. You can contact the authorities by the following methods:
Toll free number: 1-800-266-3549
Email ID: email@example.com.
Ques. Are students in the final year of examination eligible to apply for the Common Admission Test?
Ans. Yes, students can apply but their admission on the basis of their CAT result will be provisional until they produce their final year graduation marksheet.
Ques. Is graduation degree from an Open University or correspondence recognized and accepted for CAT 2019 eligibility criteria?
Ans. It will be accepted only if it falls in one of the following categories:
- Any Qualification recognized by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi, equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree awarded by UGC recognized University/Institutionswill be regarded as “Equivalent Qualification”.
- In case the equivalent qualification possessed by the candidate is not covered in those mentioned above, then he/she will have to get an equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities New Delhi
Ques. How many non- MCQ type questions can I expect in my CAT 2019 question paper?
Ans.The following table will help you with the details of the MCQ and non- MCQ questions distribution:
|Section||QA||DI & LR||QA|
|Number of questions||34||32||34|
Ques. Can you give me the exam pattern of CAT 2019 in brief?
Ans. Read the highlights below:
- There are a total 100 questions divided among the three sections.
- Candidates have to finish the exam in 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- CAT is a computer based test or exam.
- Candidates cannot switch between sections.
- Question paper is printed in English only.
- TITA question must be attempted carefully.
Ques. What is the marking scheme defined for MCQ type questions in CAT 2019?
Ans. As per the marking scheme, 3 marks are awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
Ques. Can you list some important topics for preparing the QA section in CAT 2019?
Ans. Yes, you must prepare the following important topics for QA:
- Number system
- Permutation and combination
- Set theory, trigonometry and logarithms
Ques. Can you list the topics to prepare for the Verbal and Reading comprehension section?
Ans. On the basis of the previous years analysis following topics must be prepared as part of CAT VRC syllabus:
- Fact Inference Judgment
- Fill in the blanks
- Para Completion
- Para Jumble
- Sentence Correction
- Verbal Reasoning
- Word Usage (Vocabulary)
Ques. How can I check my CAT 2019 result online?
Ans. A simple 4 step process to check the CAT result online is as follows:
- Open the official website: iimcat.ac.in.
- Look for the link that reads “CAT 2019 result”.
- Click on the link and provide the details of the username and password.
- Click on submit button and your CAT score card 2019 is displayed on screen.
Ques. I am in my final year of Bachelor‘s Degree. What marks should I enter while filling CAT Application Form?
Ans. You have to mention the marks as per the last marksheet you have received from the University.
Ques. Can I appear for multiple slots for CAT?
Ans. No, a candidate can take exam only in one time slot.
Ques. I have done a dual degree program i.e. B.Tech+M.Tech. I am confused about how to enter my marks under qualification coloumn?
Ans. Mention your graduation marks in Bachelor’s degree column and Master’s marks in master degree’s column.
Ques. I did not have a graduation degree. However, I have completed a professional degree, can I apply for CAT?
Ans. No, only candidates who are graduate from a recognized University can apply for CAT. No, professional degree is accepted as a graduation degree.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College