IIM Raipur CAT Cut Off for GN and reserved category candidates (EWS, NC OBC, ST, etc.) was 93 and 40 to 74 percentile respectively for shortlisting of 2021-23 batch candidates. The shortlisted candidates were further judged on various parameters. The Weightage to bachelors degree marks and academic diversity is 5 % and 4% respectively. Work experience weightage is 8%. Check CAT IIM Selection Process
IIM Raipur has released the final admission list for MBA batch 2021-23 on May 221, 2021 on the official website. IIM Raipur Ranking is 9th among the top 25 Government B-Schools in India, and 17th Rank by Jagran Josh, and 32 by Business World. IIM Raipur placements are quite good with an average CTC of INR 15.2 LPA and the highest CTC offered (Domestic) of INR 28.12 LPA. Check IIM Raipur Placements
CAT Latest Updates:
- May 15: IIM Udaipur will release the final admission list with the name of qualified candidates to offer admission on May 21, 2021. Check Here
- May 13: IIM Shillong and other IIMs are also expected to release the result in the 3rd week of May. Check Here
A general category individual must aim 95 percentile (overall) in CAT to become eligible for the admission process. From the cut off tables provided below we can check the qualifying CAT cut off has been increased so candidates are advised to aim high to get admission in the next batch of IIM Raipur.
IIM Raipur CAT Cut Off 2020
Clearing CAT Cut off is the sole factor for getting shortlisted for the Personal Appearance round. Check CAT Score Calculation Process
|Category||Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||Data interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)||Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)||Overall|
IIM Raipur Cutoff for CAT 2019
|Category||Verbal and Reasoning Comprehension (VARC)||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)||Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||Overall|
IIM Raipur Shortlisting Criteria
IIM Raipur will prepare a list of participants who have been selected for PA based on their percentile score in CAT. The institute has laid down some specific admission criteria which a candidate needs to fulfill to be eligible for shortlisting. To be eligible for this round, candidates have to qualify sectional cutoff along with the overall CAT Cutoff.
Every individual deemed eligible as per the above table may or may not find a place in the shortlist. The cut off is only indicative and may actually be higher in accordance with the performance of participants.
- The admission committee will decide the number of candidates to be called for the Personal Appearance process as per merit and category.
- The cut off may undergo changes if the desired number of individuals do not qualify for PA.
- The 9 new IIMs have adopted a common process for WAT & PI.
- If an applicant has appeared for PA process in any of the older IIMs, then he/she may be exempted from appearing in this round provided the older IIMs share their WAT & PI score with the institute.
Candidates shortlisted for Personal Appearance Round have to give Personal Interview and Written Ability Test. After this, they will be given scores out of 100, by considering various factors. Steps involved in final shortlisting of candidates in IIM Raipur Admission Criteria are mentioned below:
Written Ability Test
- WAT & PI round is an integral process of IIM Raipur Admission Criteria. You will have to write a short essay on the topic given by the organizing institute within a time limit of about 30 minutes.
- Topics provided will be such that they evaluate your creative thinking ability and socio-political awareness. You may also be given topics related to economic and business affairs or sports for IIM WAT.
- You will have to appear in front of a panel for the PI round.
- The panel generally consists of 2 members.
- Questions about your academic profile, quality of work and personal characteristics will be asked in the interview.
Preparation of IIM Raipur Admission List
IIM Raipur Merit List will be announced on the basis of candidate’s performance in PI & WAT. The merit list will consider scores obtained in both stages and profile. As you can from the table below, the Candidate's Profile has the maximum weightage for deciding your final rank in the merit list. It consists of 3 fields- Academic Profile, Work Experience, and Diversity.
|Personal Appearance (35%)||WAT- 10%|
|Profile (38%)||Academic Profile- 10%|
|Work Experience- 8%|
|Gender Diversity- 8%|
|Academic Diversity- 4%|
In the academic profile, candidates will be given 5 points for their entire educational background till graduation. The marking of points will be done in the manner represented below:
|Range of Marks (%)||Class 12||Graduation|
|Below or equal to 55||0||0|
|55.01 to 60||1||1|
|60.01 to 70||2||2|
|70.01 to 80||3||3|
|80.01 to 90||4||4|
|Greater than 90.01||5||5|
The next field is work experience which will have a weightage of 6. Relevant experience in terms of completed months will be considered. The points will be awarded as per the table below:
|Number of Months||Score|
|6 or less||0|
|7 – 12||2|
|13 – 18||4|
|19 – 24||6|
|25 – 36||8|
|37 – 42||6|
|43 – 48||4|
|49 or More||0|
Read: CAT Score vs Percentile
The last factor is diversity which consists of 2 components- Gender and Academic Diversity.
- IIM Raipur wishes to promote Gender Diversity by ensuring a better balance between male and female students.
- Hence, female candidates can enjoy the benefit of gender diversity factor to increase their chances of admission in the Institute. An additional 8 weightage is assigned to them.
- For Academic Diversity, points are allotted depending on various academic disciplines.
- Candidates will be awarded 4 points if they belong to any stream of graduation other than engineering.
- This is to ensure that there is diversity in academic backgrounds in the IIMs.
Offer Acceptance Fee and Withdrawal
The batch size of IIM Raipur is 350 for MBA program. Students will be sent offer letter by the institute. Admission offers will be given on the basis of CAT score, PA round and Profile.
- If you wish to accept the offer, you must submit an Offer Acceptance form.
- It has to be submitted along with an acceptance fee of INR 50,000.
- This fee which will be adjusted with the Term 1 fees.
- Candidates can withdraw the paid amount before regsitration after deduction of processing charges of INR 10,000.
- After registration, no refund will be given to the applicant.
IIM Raipur Fee Structure for PGP
The fee structure of Post Graduate Program in Management 2021-23 at IIM Raipur is tabulated below:
|1st Year Fees|
|Particulars||1st Term||2nd Term||3rd Term||Total (Rs.)|
|Medical Insurance Charges||1,200.00||-||-||1,200.00|
|Students’ Association Fees||6,000.00||-||-||6,000.00|
|Total (1st Year)||2,51,100.00||2,23,500.00||2,23,000.00||6,97,600.00|
|Total (Including Caution deposit)||2,81,100.00||2,23,500.00||2,23,000.00||7,27,600.00|
|2nd Year Fees|
|Particulars||4th Term||5th Term||6th Term||Total (Rs.)|
|Medical Insurance Charges||1,200.00||-||-||1,200.00|
|Total (2nd Year)||2,43,900.00||2,24,700.00||2,24,200.00||6,92,800.00|
|Total Fees (excluding boarding charges)||14,20,400.00|
IIM Raipur Placement
- Highest CTC: 46,00,000/-
- Average CTC (Top 25 %) : ₹ 21,28,372/-
- Average CTC (Top 25 %) : ₹ 21,28,372/-
IIM Raipur Placement by Industry and Pay Scale
|Sector||Percentage||Average Salary in INR|
|Strategy / Consult||18||16,40,497/-|
|E commerce||5||19,54,900/ -|
Must Read News
IIM Raipur Admission 2021 FAQs
Question: Can a foreign candidate apply for the PGP program at IIM Raipur?
Ans. Yes, the program is open for overseas and foreign students. Candidates fulfilling basic eligibility criteria can apply for the program.
Question: What is the eligibility criteria for a foreign candidate to apply for management program at IIM Raipur?
Ans. The minimum eligibility criteria for overseas/foreign students willing to apply for PGP program is given below:
- Candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA i.e. 6 CGPA on a 10-point scale.
- Candidate must have a valid Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score of 650 and above.
- They must have TOFEL passing certificate with a score of 80 in case of IBT or 520 in case of PBT.
Question: Which documents will be required at the time of application for the program?
Ans. Candidates must download the international application form and send the completed application by post along with the requisite documents listed below. The application packet must include copies of the following documents:
- Completed Application Form
- A copy of the latest GMAT scores duly attested (original to be verified at the time of admission, if selected) along with TOFEL.
- Three letters of recommendation from a competent authority (Teacher/Employer).
- A Statement of Purpose
- Attested photocopy of Passport
- A non-refundable application processing fee of US $ 200 (Demand Draft drawn in favor of Indian Institute of Management, Raipur and payable at Raipur, India)
Question: Which are the mandatory documents required for admission in IIM Raipur?
Ans. Candidate must have the following document (original documents along with photocopies):
- Degree/ Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination, which includes SSC, HSC, and Bachelor’s Degree.
- Mark sheets of the qualifying examination.
- Student visa in the original.
- A photocopy of their passport.
- Equivalence and eligibility certificate from Association of Indian Universities wherever applicable.
- Duly filled and signed declaration forms – Parent and Student
- Recent passport size photographs – 4 Nos.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.