CAT 2019: Admit Card, Mock Papers, Syllabus, Cut Off & Preparation Tips
CAT 2019 is scheduled on November 24, 2019. Applicants can download CAT 2019 Admit Card at the official website – iimcat.ac.in. The registration count for CAT is highest in the last 9 years.
The exam will be conducted in two sessions- forenoon and afternoon. Important documents to carry at the exam centers are CAT 2019 Admit Card, photograph, and original ID proof to CAT exam hall. Check How to Download CAT Admit Card
Introduction: Common Admission Test or CAT is the premier entrance test for students looking to pursue MBA or PGDM in over 600+ institutes participating in the exam. CAT is organized by one of the 20 IIMs. CAT 2019 is being organized by IIM Kozhikode. One out of ten students score above 90 percentile in CAT. Means out of 2.5 lac sitting in the exam only 20000 will score above 90 percentile. Previous Years Cut Off for CAT
- IIM Kozhikode has released CAT 2019 Exam Day Guidelines candidates must adhere to the same.
- CAT authorities releases a mock paper every year to give applicants a feel of how the actual exam paper is? The mock paper is available at iimcat.ac.in, (Get More Practice Papers Here)
- CAT 2019 Result will be declared in the 2nd week of January 2020 in online mode. Candidates can download their scorecards from the official website.
CAT 2019 Admit Card
CAT Admit Card had been released on October 23, 2019. The details about the individual such as his name, roll number, date of birth, time slot and exam center allotted along with the address will be printed on the hall ticket. CAT 2019 Admit Card is a mandatory document for taking the entrance exam without which, no individual will be permitted into CAT 2019 exam hall. Candidates can download CAT admit card from the official CAT 2019 website till November 24, 2019. Download CAT 2019 Admit Card
What’s New in CAT 2019 Admit Card?
- Emergency Contact: Emergency Contact number will be mentioned on CAT 2019 Admit Card. Candidates can download the admit card from the official CAT 2019 website till November 24, 2019.
- Google Map Link Feature: For the convenience of candidates appearing for CAT 2019, a google link for the exam center has been provided in CAT Admit Card.This link shall be highly helpful in avoiding any kind of chaos in locating the exam center. A contact number for the exam center is also available through the link which can be used by the candidates for any kind of queries around the center. Read More
- Reference Number: CAT Admit Card will have Reference Number, this shall replace the Test System Number. Reference number is provided for the purpose of locating floor/wing/lab at CAT Exam Center.
Steps to Download CAT 2019 Admit Card
- Go to CAT 2019 official website.
- Log in using your CAT User ID and Password.
- Click on ‘Download Admit Card’ to access the hall ticket.
- CAT 2019 Admit card will appear. Cross-check all the details and take out at least two printed copies of the hall ticket.
CAT 2019 Highlights and Important Dates
|CAT 2019 Conducting Body||IIM Kozhikode|
|CAT 2019 Official Website||iimcat.ac.in|
|CAT 2019 Convenor||Shubhasis Dey|
|Exam Date||November 24, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Total Registrations||2.44 lakhs|
|CAT 2019 Application Dates||August 7 – September 25, 2019 (Over)|
|Release of CAT 2019 Admit Card||October 23 – November 24, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Test Cities||156 cities|
|CAT Helpdesk Number||0495-2809219|
|CAT 2019 Result Date||January 7, 2020|
Must Read CAT News on Collegedunia
- CAT Vs GMAT: Major Difference, Difficulty level and Options
- List of Courses offered by IIMs through CAT
- Top Non-IIMs institutes accepting CAT score
- CAT 2019 Expected Section Wise Cut off
- CAT Exam Pattern Trend Analysis - From 1995 to 2019
CAT 2019 Exam Day Guidelines
IIM Kozhikode has released the CAT 2019 Exam Day Guidelines, the instructions to be followed for the exam day are as follows:
- It is advisable for the candidates to reach the exam center at least 30 minutes prior to the gate closure time. For the Forenoon session, reach at 7.30 a.m and for the afternoon session reach at 1.00 p.m.
- Carry your original ID proof and printed CAT 2019 Admit Card.
- Use the google map link on the electronic version of your Admit Card to reach your exam center.
- Attempting to appear for CAT 2019 more than once will result in cancellation of candidature.
- Deposit items like mobile phone, bag, wallets, jackets, watch, stationary items, etc at the entrance gate.
- Don’t wear any jewelry or anything containing metal to the exam center.
- Candidates are requested to remain in the queue and cooperate during entry to the test center, frisking process, document verification, biometric verification and exiting the test center.
- Candidates are requested to take bio-breaks before entering the exam lab. Once the invigilator has signed-in a candidate, the candidate will not be permitted to leave the lab for bio breaks unless it’s a medical emergency.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to provide their attendance along with signature when asked in the exam lab.
- Use the writing pad pages productively as they are distributed once per candidate. Also, candidates have to deposit their writing pads with all pages intact before leaving the exam hall.
- Hand over the signed admit card to the invigilator before leaving the exam lab.
CAT 2019 Exam Centers
- CAT 2019 will be conducted in 156 exam centers across the country.
- Candidates can list up to 4 preferences in the exam center category, during filling the CAT 2019 Application Form
- Candidates will be allotted one of the four choices preferred by them as their exam center.
- Details like exam center address with a google map link, exam day, slot of examination and other essential guidelines for CAT will be mentioned in the admit card.
- Candidates are requested to visit the allocated exam center once prior to the actual exam day in order to avoid any last minute chaos.
New Exam Centers for CAT 2019
Last year the exam was held at 147 cities. This year there is an addition of 9 new cities for exam centers across the country.
Bhatinda in Punjab
Ulhasnagar in Maharashtra
Bankura in West Bengal
Purnea in Bihar
Ernakulam in Kerala
Dhenkanal in Odisha
Waknaghat in Himachal Pradesh
Gulbarga in Karnataka
Samba in J&K Dharwa
CAT Exam centers for Delhi applicants:
As of India’s capital, 10 different cities are put under one title of Delhi NCR. Applicants will have to choose the Delhi-NCR option if they have any of the below-mentioned cities as there preference for the exam centers. These regions are:
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- The last change introduced in CAT exam pattern was an increment in the exam duration to 180 minutes from 170 minutes
- Since then CAT Exam Pattern has remained unaltered with 3 sections to be completed in 3 hours online.
- CAT 2019 will be conducted in 2 slots- Morning and Evening (till 5:30 p.m.).
- Candidates have to attempt 100 questions which can be multiple choice or numeric value answer questions.
- The table provided below depicts the major points of CAT 2019 Exam Pattern in a simplified manner:
|Sections||Subjects||Time Allotted||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Section I||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||60 Minutes||34||102|
|Section II||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||60 Minutes||32||96|
|Section III||Quantitative Ability||60 Minutes||34||102|
CAT Marking Scheme
The Marking Scheme for CAT 2019 is tabulated below:
Changes in CAT Exam Pattern Over Years
Candidates planning to crack CAT 2019 must keep themselves updated with the latest changes in syllabus and paper pattern. Tabulated below are the trending changes in CAT Exam Pattern over the years.
|Year||Number of Questions||Number of Sections||Sections||Duration (min)|
|2018-2015||100||3||QA, DI&LR, VA||180|
|2010||60||3||QA, DI&LR, VA||150|
CAT 2019 Syllabus
Candidates preparing for CAT must have a clear idea about the syllabus of the same. CAT syllabus has moreover remained unchanged over the years with slight changes in the type of questions or number of questions asked from a particular topic etc. Candidates must note that IIMs don’t provide any defined syllabus for CAT. Therefore the syllabus is inferred by analyzing the previous year trends. The detailed CAT 2019 Syllabus is given below:
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Verbal reasoning, antonyms and synonyms, analogies and reverse analogies, sentence correction, facts inference judgments, critical reasoning, fill in the blanks, syllogism, summary questions, passage-based questions|
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Area graph, Venn diagram, Line and Pie Charts, Column and Bar graphs, Caselets and Tables
Number and letter series, Syllogism, Clocks, calendars and cubes, Directions, Blood relations, Binary Logic, Coding-decoding, Logical sequence, Matrix, and linear arrangement
|Quantitative Ability||Number system, Geometry, Algebra, Permutation and Combination, Mixtures and Allegations, Ratio & Proportion, Logarithm, Time & Work, Functions, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, and Mensuration|
CAT 2019 Question Paper
With less than 2 weeks for CAT 2019, candidates should be geared up to excel in the exam. Test takers should not needlessly worry and instead, should maintain a calm demeanor in order to perform their best. Daily preparation and time management can help any candidate do well in CAT 2019.
- CAT 2019 question paper will include 100 MCQ and 100 Non-MCQ Questions with a time limit of 3 hours. Read More
- Candidates should also be wary of the sectional time limits that are going to be imposed in each section of the CAT 2019 question paper Check CAT Exam Pattern
- Timed sectional as well as full length mock tests should both be practiced for an all-round preparation
- With the help of CAT 2019 Model Paper candidates can analyze the structure of the upcoming CAT 2019 question paper
- Exam analysis will be available immediately after the exam concludes. Slot 1 and Slot 2 paper analysis will be published separately Check CAT Paper Analysis
It is estimated that the competition level of CAT 2019 will be comparatively high for this year. Especially considering the Quantitative Ability (QA) section that appeared in the previous CAT question papers. To prepare better, prospective candidates should attempt as many sample papers and previous year question papers as possible. Check CAT 2019 Sample Papers
- CAT tests a candidate’s time management thus, candidates need to learn how to answer maximum questions in the smallest time frame
- This requires learning quick answering strategies and strategic time planning while attempting the CAT question paper
Some tested strategies include practicing mock tests, using the method of elimination, and selecting the right questions. Read More
CAT 2019 Preparation
30 days countdown for CAT 2019 has begun and candidates need to have a more focussed preparation strategy. All aspects from conceptual clarity, clearing of fundamentals to practice papers and mock test should be worked upon. In the last few days before the exam, attention should be towards identifying and improving weaknesses.
CAT 2019 Important Books
Candidates often get confused with regard to the appropriate CAT Books or study material to refer to. This is bound to happen since their is no dearth of resources in the market. It is essential to select books for CAT preparation keeping in mind the exam pattern and difficulty level. Candidates need to be vigilant about the book they refer, it must be updated as per changes and include practice sets. Given below are some of the Best Books for CAT Preparation 2019:
|Section||Book Name||Author||Latest Edition||ISBN Code|
|Quantitative Ability||How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Arun Sharma||Eighth edition||978-9352602247|
|Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Nishit K. Sinha||Fourth edition||978-9332570016|
|Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admission Tests for Admission into IIMs||Sarvesh K. Verma||Seventh edition||978-9311123875|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit K. Sinha||Sixth edition||978-9332571211|
|How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT||Arun Sharma||Sixth edition||978-9353167141|
|CAT 2019 Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Gautam Puri||Fourth edition||978-9388426831|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT||Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay/Arihant||Eighth edition||978-9353160197|
|PSC for VA for CAT Exam||Nishit K. Sinha||First edition||978-9332570023|
CAT Online Preparation Resources
Right preparation strategy at the right time will bring glories to you. Apart from books, there are multiple sources like online youtube tutorials, online study material, etc that candidates may consider. With the help of the reliable resources online candidates can ace their preparation game. A plethora of options are available in the digital world, here is a glimpse of some of the best online coachings and test series in the market.
|CAT Online Coachings||CAT Online Mock Test/Test Series|
CAT 2019 Preparation Tips by Toppers
Candidates appearing in CAT 2019 can consider the preparation strategy of previous year toppers as these are applied and tested ways to crack the exam. Given below is the list of few toppers of CAT 2018 and their success mantras.
Amit Bikram: Mumbai boy Amit Bikram scored 100 percentile in CAT 2018. In his interview, Amit revealed his mantras to ace CAT exam. He told that he started his preparation 4 months prior to the exam. He kept on taking CAT Mock Tests to analyze his weaker areas and tried to improve in it. According to Amit:
- 4 months are enough to revise and brush up all major areas for CAT exam.
- Take need-based coaching, rely on self-study.
- Make your own preparation plan, do not follow others.
- Do not believe in short-cuts, practice a lot.
- Go through all the formulae of QA before the exam day.
Niranjan Prasad: Niranjan Prasad from Udupi scored 100 percentile in CAT 2018. Subject knowledge and time management are the two main focussed areas during the preparation. Read on Niranjan Success Mantra:
- Self-study is most important.
- For VARC, Arun Sharma is the best book for preparation.
- First, work on your weaker areas and keep on improving it until you improve it.
- Use time efficiency while preparing for the exam as it plays a major role. 4 hours of smart work is more important than twelve hours of hard work.
Raunak Majumdar: Another 100 percentile scorer of CAT 2018 is a graduate from IIT Kanpur. Raunank’s major tool was Mock Test. He took 35-37 mock tests before the exam. Raunak says:
- Time management plays a major role.
- Attempt easy question first and then move forward to maintain speed and accuracy.
- Test series are beneficial than full-time coaching, as these test series helps in analyzing the shortcomings.
CAT 2019 Mock Test
CAT Official Mock Test has been released by IIM Kozhikode on October 16, 2019. Registrants can attempt the mock test on the official website. Mock test is the replica of the actual CAT exam. Candidates can take the same for checking their preparation level and also they can understand the paper pattern and navigation through the different sections.
Some of the advantages of taking the mock tests are as follows:
- Awareness: In order to strategize well, along with the syllabus, candidates should be aware of the kind of questions asked, time restrictions, etc. Mock tests allow the candidates to have practical knowledge of the exam.
- Performance Analysis: Studying from multiple sources and never really testing the extent of their preparation is a common mistake amongst aspirants. With the help of the Mock test result reports, candidates will be able to identify their strengths and weaknesses. Also, candidates can be sure of their study material and its accuracy.
- Speed and Accuracy Enhancement: Speed and accuracy are two pillars for success in an exam like CAT. Mock test will put these to tests so that candidates can be prepared for the actual exam day. Practice in the right direction is majorly essential and taking official mock tests is a step towards the same.
- Productive Strategizing: Candidates can analyze the accuracy of their strategies through the results in mock tests. This way candidates will be confident about their strategies in the exam. An organized planning and productive strategies are two very essential factors for acing a competitive exam.
With the available free mock test, candidates will get an idea about how to navigate through the question paper while attempting the exam to score better. Given below are the steps to access the official mock test.
- Click on the link stating- CAT 2019 Mock Test Link available at iimcat.ac.in.
- Sign in using registration number and password.
- Press F11 to read the general instructions.
- Click on “Next” to read the instructions.
- Then click on the disclaimer checkbox on “Other Important Instructions for the candidates.
- Click on “I am ready to begin” to start the mock test.
Apart from official Mock Tests, given below are some CAT quizzes for different sections which are prepared for the thorough practice of the CAT aspirants. The habit of solving at least 5 quizzes will help the candidate to hold a tight grip on their preparation.
Top MBA Coachings in India
There are various CAT Coaching Centers in India offering offline preparations. Coaching Centers like Career Launcher, T.I.M.E., and IMS Learning Centre are located at almost all major cities across the country. Here are some prominent offline coaching institutes in India which CAT aspirants may consider:
|Delhi||Achievers Academy, AnkGanit, Alchemist Institute, Mindworkzz|
|Mumbai||Career Forum, Endeavor Careers, KITS, Vidyasagar Classes|
|Gujarat||Career Line Education, Competitive Careers, Excel Management Foundation|
|Kolkata||Sachdeva College, SKD Education Consultant, Erudite, Vidyamandir|
|Bangalore||CET Tutorials, Career Plan, Testcracker, Acadware|
|Chennai||Brilliant Tutorials, Magnus Institute, Ascent Education, Vistamind|
Also Check CAT Coachings in Hyderabad
CAT 2019 Paper Analysis
CAT 2019 Paper Analysis will be available right after the completion of the exam-conduction. It will elaborate, in detail, the scrutiny of each section with their respective difficulty level and expected cut-off, being highlighted. The analysis will be studied and reviewed in 2 sections:
- CAT 2019 Slot 1 Analysis:- The study of the test undertaken by applicants appearing CAT 2019 from 9 am to 12 noon.
- CAT 2019 Slot 2 Analysis:- The study of the test undertaken by applicants appearing CAT 2019 from 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm.
- IIM Calcutta conducted CAT 2018 online in two slots, No technical glitches were reported. Read Detailed CAT Previous Year Paper Analysis
- DILR was the toughest section followed by Quantitative Aptitude section.
The general pattern of CAT is to balance the section-wise difficulty of the exam. For example, if the difficulty of one particular section is ‘Moderate’, then the other sections will be comparatively tough while the third section will be easier. Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- The first section was VARC with 34 questions in total, out of which 7 were Non-MCQs.
- The passages were shorter in length, Around 500 words instead of 800-1000.
- Total Reading Comprehension based questions were 24.
- The topics of RC passages were: Genetics, Second World War, Plastic Pollution, Elephant society, and Consumer Behaviour.
- Passages had inference based questions also.
Data Interpretation & Logical reasoning
- Scaled score from this section was comparatively low.
- A general attempt of 12 questions out of 32 was good enough to ensure a sectional percentile of 90+.
- Topics with Moderate difficulty: Boss Diagram, Institute Accreditation, and Set Theory.
- Easy questions: Arrangement, Market share, and more
- This particular section had 12 non-MCQs.
- The questions were calculation oriented.
- Questions from Geometry, Algebra and arithmetic were the toughest.
- The questions from Number system and modern math were moderate in difficulty.
|Section||Number of MCQs||Number of Non-MCQs||Difficulty Level||Good Attempts|
CAT 2019 Eligibility
Any graduate with 50% marks is eligible to take CAT 2019 exam. Talking about the eligibility criteria for CAT 2019, a candidate must have any of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% marks for SC/ST/PWD categories) or
- An equivalent examination recognized by the MHRD, Government of India; including AMICE of the Institution of Civil Engineers (India)
Note: Candidates appearing in the final year of Bachelor’s degree or waiting for their result are also eligible. There is no age restriction for taking CAT.
CAT 2019 Essential Pointers for Reserved Candidates
1. The applicant must acquire at least 45% marks or equivalent CGPA for a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent if the candidate falls under the categories of Scheduled Tribe (ST), Scheduled Caste (SC) or Person with Disability (PwD). The degree has to be awarded by either a University or an institute recognized as a University under the UGC Act of 1956. He/she may even possess an equal-statured qualification identified by the Indian Government's Ministry of HRD.
2. Amongst the total seats available each year for contesting, a sum of 10% of the seats are reserved for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) applicants. Scheduled Caste (SC) applicants see a quota of 15% of the seats reserved for themselves, while Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Classes from the 'non-creamy' layer (NC-OBC) have 7.5% and 27% of the seats reserved respectively.
3. Applicants with Benchmark Disability meaning people with not less than 40% of an identified disability certified by an authoritative body have 5% of the seats reserved as per the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act sanctioned in 2016.
The disability categories are as listed below:
- Deaf or difficulty in hearing
- Blind or low vision
- Disability in locomotion including leprosy, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy or acid attack victims.
- Mental illness, intellectual disability, autism or any specific disability directed towards learning.
- Other disabilities as listed in 'The Schedule' of the RPwd Act of 2016.
4. The discretion of enrolling the candidature of applicants under the reserved category - be it, SC/ST/NC-OBC/PwD/EWS - solely lies with the authority of the concerned IIM. So, it is strongly recommended for the applicants to pay close attention to the detailed analysis of eligibility criteria and the requisites to be followed at the time of registration including documents to be submitted, cut-off marks to be attained, etc. After registration, no change is entertained in terms of details provided or documents uploaded for support.
5. The applicants under the reserved category must produce a clear copy of their Caste/Disability Certificate at several stages of admission. The certificate must be approved by the Government of India and their Caste/Tribe must be listed under the appropriate list of the Indian Government Schedule. The following details must be clearly listed on the certificate possessed by the applicants:
- The caste/tribe name an applicant is hailing to
- Whether the candidate is one among a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe
- The candidate’s ordinary residence with the district/state/union territory being mentioned
- The applicable Indian Government schedule under which the candidate’s caste/tribe is listed
CAT 2019 Application and Registration
CAT 2019 application form was made available at the official website from August 7, 2019 to September 25, 2019. The Form Correction Window was active from September 28, 2019 to September 30, 2019. Check Photosize, Signature & other details
How to Fill CAT 2019 Application Form?
Candidates must maintain a valid and unique email account and mobile number for the entire selection process. Below given are the guidelines to apply for the exam:
- Visit the CAT 2019 official website and click on ‘Registration for New User.’
- Registration form will appear to create the user profile.
- Enter personal details like name, date of birth and contact details- valid mobile number and email ID.
- Candidates will have to verify their mobile number through OTP.
- Once the OTP is verified, candidates will receive an email containing their User ID and Password. The same will also be sent on the registered mobile number.
- Login using these credentials to proceed with the application process.
CAT 2019 Answer Key
IIM Kozhikode is expected to release the CAT 2019 Answer Key within a week of the CAT exam date, i.e, on 24th November 2019. Applicants will get a copy of their recorded responses to the CAT 2019 exam after the response sheet is released by the last week of November. They can raise an objection to any correct response provided if they find it to be contradicting to their calculations/analysis.
- For every objection, a candidate will have to pay Rs.1200 which will be refunded (barring the transaction charges) and honored by the CAT authorities if found to be correct/apt as per the raised objection.
- The window for answer objection will be ranging from the first to the second week of December, after which the final CAT 2019 answer key will be re-released by the CAT authorities.
- Following these chain of events, the CAT 2019 result will be made official tentatively by the second week of January 2020.
How to download the official CAT 2019 answer key?
- The link to fetch the CAT 2019 answer key online, will be released here as soon as it is available.
- Applicants will have to log in with their credentials of CAT registration ID and respective passwords.
- The shift at which the applicant has appeared for the exam has to be punched in.
- The official CAT 2019 answer key will then be appearing on the screen. The file can be downloaded for future use/reference.
How to challenge CAT 2019 Answer Key
- After the applicants have logged in to fetch the CAT 2019 answer key using their CAT registration ID and password, they will find an ‘Objection Form’.
- The objection to any question can be raised by clicking the ‘+’ icon.
- The details for the question number, section name, and the type of objection will have to be selected from the dropdown.
- One of these three options will have to be selected by the applicants:
- None of the options are correct
- More than one option is the correct choice
- The answer key is not correct
- Applicants will be able to add remarks (up to 500 words) in support of their objection.
- An applicant can file as many objections as they want.
- Once submitted, no objection will be available for an edit/addition.
CAT 2019 Result
- CAT 2019 Result will be declared on January 7, 2020 in the form of a scorecard at the official website.
- Each IIM will announce its cutoff for shortlisting candidates for the selection process separately.
Scorecards will contain the sectional and overall marks and percentile obtained by individuals in the exam. It is valid for only this academic year. The results can be checked by following these few steps:
- Log on to the official website of CAT.
- Select the option of ‘Download Scorecard’.
- Enter your User ID and Password to know your CAT 2019 Result.
- On your account’s page, you can download the scorecard.
- Download the result and take a print out copies for future reference.
CAT 2019 Cutoff
The cutoff for CAT exam depends on various factors like the total number of applicants, the difficulty level of exam, seats available and previous years’ cutoff. Candidates must clear sectional and overall cutoff to be eligible for the subsequent rounds. The overall cutoff for IIMs usually falls between 90-99 percentile. The top 3 IIMs- Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Calcutta have a cut off over 99 percentile. The cutoff for other top business schools like FMS, JBIMS, and SPIJMR is over 95 percentile. The expected CAT Cutoff for top management colleges is-
- The difficulty level of exam
- Number of test-takers
- Number of candidates qualifying for the next rounds
- Number of seats
- Institute repute or ranking
CAT 2019 Score Vs Percentile
One of the concerns of CAT test takers about the scoring process of CAT is the confusion regarding CAT Score Vs Percentile. CAT Score of a candidate is the total score obtained by him/her in the exam. These scores are further converted into a scaled score by the normalization process. This is done to ensure fairness in the comparison of performances, as question papers of the forenoon and afternoon session of CAT slightly vary from each other.
- CAT Percentile is a relative value and can be seen as a measure through which you can find out what percentage of test takers were below or above you in the final results.
- It is given against the scaled scores of all the 3 sections and against the overall scaled score. Both CAT Score and Percentile are significant for your MBA Admission.
- Candidates must know that CAT score (scaled) is considered for the calculation of the composite score for shortlisting candidates for WAT-PI round of IIMs.
There is no defined formula to determine the score required for a certain percentile, as it is dependent on factors like difficulty level of the exam for any year. However based on the previous year trends, here is a table regarding CAT Scaled Scores and Percentile to give you an idea of what can be expected:
|CAT Scaled Score (Out of 300)||CAT Percentile|
CAT 2019 Percentile Predictor
CAT Rank Predictor is an online tool by collegedunia.com. Candidates who have appeared in CAT exam can use the rank predictor to analyze the exam result before the actual results are out.
- The tool determines the predicted ranks based on their respective percentile.
- Based on the analysis candidates can choose the best colleges in which they can get into.
The CAT 2019 Percentile/Rank predictor is a close estimation of your attained percentile/rank on the basis of the total number of correct responses that you recorded.
- The CAT percentile is a comparative score that estimates your rank with respect to the fellow CAT test-takers for the same year.
- The CAT 2019 Percentile will be heavily dependant on the total number of candidates taking the test (both morning and evening shift), your performance on the test with respect to other test-takers, and the difficulty level of each section and slot with your conduct on the same.
How to use the CAT 2019 Percentile Predictor?
- Head over to the CAT 2019 Percentile Predictor.
- You will be asked for basic and academic details that are to be filled.
- You will also be needing to punch in the estimated number of correct responses that you have recorded on the exam day.
- On the basis of the same, you will get a close-to-perfect estimation of your score and percentile.
- You will subsequently also be given a list of the colleges that you can expect to get calls/offers from on the basis of your estimated score/percentile.
CAT Effective Score = 3 * (Number of correct answers) - 1 * (Number of incorrect answers) **There is no negative marking for Non-MCQ questions.
Important Terms Used
- The term ‘Percentile’ for CAT exam is a figure where a certain section of the test-takers falls below that figure.
- If an applicant is acquiring 90 percentile, this indicates that 90% of the other applicants who appeared for CAT, the same year, has acquired a score that is less than that of the concerned applicant.
- This also indicates that the concerned applicant has achieved a score that is amongst the top 10% of the total applicants for CAT.
CAT 2019 Toppers
Learning from the strategies of toppers can always be a good strategy. Candidates can have a path or an idea at the very least with regard to how to go about the preparation. The list of CAT 2018 toppers is tabulated below:
|CAT 2018 Toppers||Overall Percentile|
The list of shortlisted candidates for the next round of IIMs will be released on the official website of respective IIMs. An interview letter will be sent to the shortlisted candidates. The call letter will include the subsequent information:
- Link for registration completion
- Location, time and date for the Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI)
Documents required for CAT WAT / GD / PI
- Degree certificates / marksheet
- Passing certificate of the final year of graduation/ qualifying examination
- Caste and PwD certificate
- IIM Interview Call Letter
- CAT 2019 Score Card
Shortlisted candidates will be able to participate in the CAT selection process that will commence in January 2019. Every IIM has its own selection criteria and the requirements may differ according to each IIM. Most IIMs shortlist candidates on the basis four main factors:
- CAT Exam
- Academic and Work Experience
- GD / PI Score
|Qualifying CAT Cutoffs||Final CAT Cutoffs|
|This is also called the IIM Eligibility Cutoff / IIM Shortlist Cutoff. It represents the minimum a candidate must score so that they can be eligible for the interview call (for WAT / GD-PI round) from the IIMs.|
Also called the IIM call cut offs / official IIM cut offs, these represent the minimum percentage score that is fixed by the IIMs for selecting candidates for the 2nd stage of selection. This stage is generally the WAT / GD-PI round.
|Just because a candidate has met the requirements for the qualifying cut off does not guarantee their selection for the WAT – GD / PI round.|
Just because a candidate has met the requirements for the final cut off, it does not mean that the candidate will necessarily be selected for admission into any IIM Institute.
|This specific cut off is ascertained before the CAT 2019 result has been announced.||This cut off is decided after the release of the CAT 2019 result.|
|The qualifying cut offs include overall as well as sectional cut offs.||The final cut offs include overall and sectional cut offs.|
|The qualifying cut off is segmented into categories. The cut off for general students generally ranks pretty high at 90 percentile, while it is relatively lower for reserved category students, usually ranging from 70 and below.||The final CAT cut off is regulated category wise. For general category students that are male and come from an engineering background, the final cutof is higher compared to students that come from the reserved category, female students, and those that come from a stream that is not engineering.|
CAT 2019 Score Calculation and Normalisation Process
CAT Normalisation Process is done to maintain equality and fairness in the comparison of the performance of CAT aspirants. Through the process, students are scaled based on location, scale differences, test slots, etc. The scaled score will be then converted into a percentile score for further shortlisting process.
Also Read CAT Score Calculation
CAT scores are sub normalized based on 3 sections asked in exam,
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension
- CAT exam score, which is valid for one year only, is converted into percentile form and the best scorer is highlighted at the top level of competitiveness.
- A candidate is awarded three marks for every correct answer
- Negative marking is also applicablesince one mark is deducted for every wrong answer
- Candidates may note that no mark will be deducted for an unanswered question
- CAT score helps in shortlisting of the eligible candidates for further rounds.
CAT Percentile Calculations as per IIMs
The top B Schools have the highest range for CAT 2019 Cut offs (90+ percentile), while the mid range B schools have a range from 75 to 80 percentile and the lower rung B schools have a cut off that’s around 50 percentile. Every IIM decides its own application and admission policy which is why there is no centralized process. IIMs give 60 to 80% weightage to CAT score and the remaining is based on the candidate’s record and work experience.
- IIMAhmedabad: The establishment bases 30% of the weightage on the candidate’s work experience, extracurricular activities and academic record, while the remaining 70% is contingent on their cat score. The Cutoff for IIM Ahmedabad is estimated to be 99.5 percent.
- IIM Calcutta: The establishment bases 30% of the weightage on the candidate’s academic records, while 67% is reserved for assessing their CAT score. The leftover 3% is given to female candidates. The estimated cutoff for IIM Calcutta is estimated to be 99 percentile.
- IIM Bangalore: The establishment majorly emphasizes the candidate’s CAT percentile and their academic record (10th, 12th, and graduation).
- IIM Lucknow and IIM Kozhikode: Both of these establishments give 70-80 percent weightage to the CAT score.
- Other IIM Establishments: All the other establishments give an emphasized weightage to the CAT score.
The lowest percentile that is generally expected for shortlisting and selection from the new IIMs should be in the range of 96-97 percentile.
CAT Selection Process
CAT selection process was updated in 2015 for newer IIMs. 10 out of 20 IIMs still adhere to the traditional selection process i.e. GD, WTA, and PI rounds. While 10 IIMs are opting for the new process, this year. The new process also called Common Admission Process (CAP) will be conducted by IIM Ranchi. IIM Kozhikode is responsible for conducting CAT throughout the country.
Important Dates for CAP 2019
|Declaration of Shortlist||3rd Week January, 2020|
|Call for CAP 2019 to Shortlisted candidates||3rd Week January, 2020|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi|
|Last date to apply for a change of CAP centre||1st Week, February, 2020|
|CAP 2019 Start Date||Mid-February, 2020|
|CAP 2019 End Date||2nd Week of March, 2020|
There are two different selection processes – a traditional process and a new process. The basic differences between both the process are tabulated below:
|Particulars||Traditional Process||New Process|
|Organizing Body||IIM, Kozhikode||Written Exam - IIM, Kozhikode|
|CAP - IIM, Ranchi|
|Step 1||Written Test||Written Test|
|Step 2||WAT or/and GD||Common Admission Process (consists of WAT & PI)|
|Step 3||Personal Interview||-|
CAT Selection Process: Written Test, GD or Written Ability Test, and Personal Interview
1. Written Test
The written test is divided into three main sections, with a total of 100 questions to be attempted in a duration of 3 hours.
|Section||No. of the Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||34||102||60 Minutes|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32||96||60 Minutes|
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||34||102||60 Minutes|
The average cut off for most of the IIMs would range from 95-99%. To know more about calculating percentile score and the section-wise cut-off, please click here.
2. GD or Written Ability Test
Only those candidates will make it to the second round who have cleared the cut-off of the written test. IIMs and other top B-Schools will be calling the applicants, inviting them for the next step.
- The next step of the process varies across the institute. Some of the institutes like IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Lucknow, etc. will conduct both GD and WAT, along with PI.
- While some of the other institutes will directly conduct the Written Test.
- For Group discussion (GD), candidates are divided into a group of 8-10 each. The purpose of GD is to check your thought process and teamwork abilities.
- For written ability test (WAT) you will be given 15-45 minutes depending upon the respective IIM.
The general purpose of each process is tabulated below:
|Group Discussion||To check if you are a team player|
|Written Ability Test||To check how clearly you can convey your message.|
|Personal Interview||To check your confidence, background, and other details.|
3. Personal Interview
The Personal Interview round or simply PI round holds a weightage of around 30-40% of the entire process. Candidates usually face a panel of 2-4 interviewers.
While preparing a final cut-off for the admissions, IIMs considers the following factors:
- Overall CAT score
- Academic Qualification (from Xth standard onwards)
- Overall work experience
- Extra-curricular activities
- Academic Diversity (Preference to non-B.tech graduates over B. Tech graduates)
- Gender Diversity (Preference to girls over boys)
Note: The weightage for each of these factors varies with the institute.
Common Admission Process for CAT 2019
Common Admission Process (CAP) is the latest process used to organize common counselling sessions for IIMs. Although counselling is common, every IIM releases their individual CAT cut off. The only difference in the traditional selection process and CAP is that this new process doesn’t have a Group Discussion round.
Most of the B-Schools participating in CAP are either third-generation IIMs or are smaller in scale as compared to their fellow IIMs. IIMs participating in the Common Admission Process are listed below:
- IIM Kashipur
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Trichy
- IIM Udaipur
- IIM Bodh Gaya
- IIM Sambalpur
- IIM Sirmaur
- IIM Jammu
How the Common Admission Process works:
The step-wise methodology of the common admission process is explained below: The IIMs prepares an individual merit list and invite the candidates for a process called, Personal Appearance (PA). PA involves a Written Ability Test (WAT) and a personal interview (PI).
The steps involved in the Common Admission Process (CAP) are as follows:
- All the participating IIMs will prepare their individual short-list and send it to the CAP, coordinator for 2019: IIM, Ranchi.
- IIM, Ranchi will prepare a final shortlist for CAP, 2019 calls.
- The candidates will confirm their availability for common counselling.
- Candidates will appear for the CAP process and attempt WAT and PI.
- IIM, Ranchi will send the CAP scores to respective IIMs.
- All IIMs will then prepare their final admission list.
The CAP 2019 will be held at Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru, and Kolkata. It is expected that around 14,000 students will be shortlisted for the first CAP merit list. Many students are expected to receive multiple calls as many of the students will be clearing the eligibility for multiple IIMs.
Non-IIMs Accepting CAT Score
IIMs are the dream destination for every CAT aspirants, however, if a candidate fails in getting a seat there, they need not worry. There are many other top B-schools which accept CAT score. These institutes have their own benchmark. Given below are few of the best colleges in which candidates can take admission through CAT score.
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS Delhi)
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, SOM, IIT Bombay
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB)
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
- T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai
Highest Salary Package offered after IIMCAT
Candidates can check below the salary packages that are being offered to IIM and other top- B school graduates:-
|Institute||Number of Recruiters||Number of Students Placed||Highest Package||Average Package|
|IIM Bangalore||119||442||62.3 LPA||24.54 LPA|
|IIM Calcutta||125||501||44.6 LPA||25.4 LPA|
|SPJIMR||-||-||40 LPA||16 LPA|
|IIM Ahmedabad||124||388||72 LPA||16 LPA|
|FMS, Delhi||81||209||1 Crore PA||23 LPA|
|IIM Indore||200+||607||89.25 LPA||20.79 LPA|
|IIFT||-||-||31.12 LPA||28.64 LPA|
|IIM Shillong||62||177||28 LPA||16.79 LPA|
|IIM Rohtak||95+||252||24.13 LPA||11.85 LPA|
|IIM Ranchi||171||253||48 LPA||10.89 LPA|
|IM Sambalpur||49||56||58 LPA||11.33 LPA|
|IIM Vishakhapatnam||50||56||22 LPA||17.07 LPA|
|XLRI||104||-||50 LPA||22.35 LPA|
|IIM Udaipur||78||205||27.5 LPA||13.2 LPA|
|IIM Kashipur||72||218||28 LPA||12.17 LPA|
|IIM Kozhikode||107||390||40.5 LPA||18.8 LPA|
|IIM Lucknow||147||460||-||24 LPA|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||94||170||35.15 LPA||20.88 LPA|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||-||-||16 LPA||10.9 LPA|
|IIM Amritsar||81||107||24 LPA||8.07 LPA|
|IIM Sirmaur||63+||56||16 LPA||9 LPA|
|IIM Raipur||200+||201||24.06 LPA||14.12 LPA|
|IIM Jammu||34||-||24 LPA||6.24 LPA|
Revised Seat Intake of IIMs
Other Management Exams
CAT 2019 FAQs
Ques. Are there any age restrictions in CAT 2019?
Ans. No, there is no age limit criteria in either CAT eligibility or IIM eligibility. However, CAT accepts a 2 year Bachelor’s degree program. Whereas, IIM’s require a 3 year bachelor’s degree for their management programs.
Ques. How to prepare for CAT 2019 without coaching?
Ans. The stress regarding the preparation process is understandable considering CAT 2019 is just a few months away. Coachings can be a guiding unit for the candidates, however, the preparation bit always depends on the aspirant’s dedication. Candidate’s must make a timetable and stick to it. Beginning with clearing the basics is always a good take. Make your conceptual understanding strong and practice as much as you can. Take frequents mocks and work on your strengths and weaknesses. With planning and hardwork, the exam won’t seem as troublesome.
Ques. I have lost my original marksheets of 10th and 12th board examinations. Are the original documents required for CAT Application?
Ans. Yes, the marksheets of 10th and 12th are essential documents with regard to CAT 2019 registration. Besides that, the candidates will be required to present the original documents during the admission process of any particular management institute.
Ques. I am from commerce background and my maths is weak. In which order should I prepare for the quants section?
Ans. For students from Non-Mathematics background, it is advisable to focus on Basic maths like algebra and arithmetic. These sections carry maximum weightage. It is recommended to attempt less question but with maximum accuracy. Sectional cut off for CAT 2018 was within a range of 23-25. Which is easily get-able with 9-10 correct attempts with 100% accuracy. So decide which topic from the quant section can give you this score.
Ques. When is CAT 2019 scheduled to take place?
Ans. IIM Kozhikode will conduct CAT 2019 on November 24. The exam will take place in online mode. Nearly 2 lac candidates are expected to sit for the exam.
Ques. Is there an option to write CAT in offline mode?
Ans. No, as per the directives issued by the authorities, CAT 2019 exam is conducted in online mode only. However, CAT was conducted in offline mode till 2009.
Ques. How many registrations are received for CAT 2019?
Ans.It is expected that approximately 2.41 lac students will register for CAT 2019.
Ques. Is there any reservation of seats for female candidates in IIMs like we have in GATE?
Ans. No, there is no reservation policy defined for female category candidates. Although it was proposed in 2015, no further report on the same came out.
Ques. How many institutes in total are considering CAT 2019 Scores this year?
Ans. This year, there are around 100 colleges and 20 IIMs are considering CAT score for their admission process.
Ques. Do I have to fill the application form separately for each CAT College?
Ans. YES, apart from IIMs, you need to fill the application form separately for each of the participating institutes. You need to fill the application forms for all the institutes in which you wish to apply on the basis of the CAT 2019 result.
Ques. If I do not clear the minimum CAT 2019 Cutoff, will I still be eligible for admission?
Ans. You need to clear the minimum cut off for further admission process. If you fail on this step, you cannot get admission in any of the IIMs. However, some private college might invite you depending upon their admission rules.
Ques. When will I receive my CAT 2019 admit card?
Ans. Authorities are not sending CAT admit card 2019 manually, so best is to download online through the official website in the time slot defined.
Ques. In case I misplace my admit card at the exam center, can I download the CAT 2019 admit card at the exam center?
Ans. Yes, you must contact the authorities at the exam center and report the incident to them. They will help you with downloading the duplicate admit card.
Ques. What stationery items can I carry on the day of CAT exam?
Ans. Candidates Do not have to carry any stationery items. You will be given a pen and paper at the exam center itself, which have to be returned before you leave the exam hall.
Ques. Is there any traveling allowance issued to the candidates of reserved categories for CAT 2019 exam?
Ans. NO Travelling Allowance is issued to candidates, whether from reserved or non- reserved categories.
Ques. What is the last time to enter CAT exam center on the exam day?
Ans. Students in the morning shift will not be allowed to enter the exam center premises after 8.45 am, and for evening shift the deadline time is 2:15 pm.
- Scribe/ reader- candidates suffering from visual impairment or cerebral palsy are allowed to bring a scribe as an assistant, who has filled or submitted affidavits which ensure scribe’s authenticity.
- Other allowed devices- an abacus without a calculator is allowed to candidates suffering from visual impairment or hearing impairment.
Ques. What items are to be carried on the day of CAT 2019 exam?
Ans. A candidate needs to carry CAT 2019 admit card, along with a valid photo ID proof.
Ques. Can you give a list of items that can work as valid photo Id proof?
Ans. The following documents are accepted as the photo Id proof:
- College ID
- Employer ID
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Identification Affidavit
Ques. What fields can be corrected in CAT application form 2019?
Ans. CAT authorities are allowing only the following fields to be edited from this year onwards:
- Programs selected
- Percentage of marks scored
- Work experience
Rest, cannot be edited within the form correction window. So best to preview the application form before hitting the final submit button.
Ques. What steps to follow to edit details in my CAT application form 2019?
Ans. Following steps have been defined by the authorities to edit the application form:
- Open the official CAT website 2019.
- Click on the “existing user” tab.
- Log in to the portal with the username and password.
- Check the date supplied in the fields.
- Edit the information that needs to be corrected.
- Click on “save “and continue once the whole form has been edited.
Ques. Are transgender candidates allowed to write the CAT exam?
Ans. Yes, since 2015, transgender candidates are allowed to write CAT exam. All the rules ply on them as is.
Ques. What is the minimum academic eligibility criteria for writing CAT 2019?
Ans. A bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute is compulsory and mandatory for writing the CAT 2019 exam, this must meet the minimum percentage requirement of 55% in the qualifying examination.
Ques. What information do I need to keep handy before filling the CAT application form?
Ans. The following information must be kept handy before CAT Registration:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s DOB
- A valid email address
- Educational history
- Mark sheet of the previous qualifying examinations
- Additional certificates to be uploaded
- Scanned images of the passport size photo
- List of IIMs in the order of application
Ques. What details are asked in CAT 2019 Application Form?
Ans. You will find the following fields in the form:
- Personal details
- Academic details
- Work experience
- Payment of application fee
Ques. I have worked as a part-time employee with a management firm. Will my experience be counted during CAT 2019 Registration?
Ans. No, your experience will not be counted, only a full time job experience after completing graduation is considered as Work Experience.
Ques. What are the dimensions for the photograph to be uploaded with the CAT application form?
Ans. Only a scanned copy of the photograph and signature is accepted if it meets the following criteria:
|Pass port size photograph||upto 80KB||30mmX 45mm .jpg or .jpeg. minimum resolution of 150 px/ inch.|
|Signature||upto 80 Kb||80mmx 35mm, .jpg or .jpeg. minimum resolution of 150 px/ inch.|
Ques. Can CAT 2019 application fee be paid in offline mode by bank challan?
Ans. NO, application fee has to be paid in the online mode only, by the help of credit/debit card or internet banking. No other mode of payment even in the online mode is accepted.
Ques. What documents do I have to upload with my CAT 2019 application form?
Ans. A candidate has to upload compulsorily following set of documents with their CAT 2019 application form:
- A recent scanned photograph
- Scanned image of the signature
- SC/ST/OBC certificate must be signed by competent bodies and must be self attested, and then scanned and uploaded.
- PWD/DA certificate must be signed by authorities and self attested thereof, thus scanned and uploaded.
Ques. Do I have to send a hard copy of the completely filled CAT 2019 application form to the authorities?
Ans. No, you do not have to send any copy of the application form, however you must keep one print out for yourself ready.
Ques. Can the details in the application form be edited after paying the CAT 2019 application fee?
Ans. No, only the information can be edited before the payment of application fee. Some fields can be edited after the payment of application fee but some will be frozen so cannot be altered. The system thus provides you the freedom to log in multiple times and fill the details before hitting the final submit button.
Ques. How to contact CAT 2019 helpdesk in case of some emergency?
Ans. You can contact the authorities by the following methods:
Toll free number: 1-800-266-3549
Email ID: email@example.com.
Ques. Are students in the final year of examination eligible to apply for the Common Admission Test?
Ans. Yes, students can apply but their admission on the basis of their CAT result will be provisional until they produce their final year graduation marksheet.
Ques. Is graduation degree from an Open University or correspondence recognized and accepted for CAT 2019 eligibility criteria?
Ans. It will be accepted only if it falls in one of the following categories:
- Any Qualification recognized by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi, equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree awarded by UGC recognized University/Institutions will be regarded as “Equivalent Qualification”.
- In case the equivalent qualification possessed by the candidate is not covered in those mentioned above, then he/she will have to get an equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities New Delhi
Ques. How many non- MCQ type questions can I expect in my CAT 2019 question paper?
Ans.The following table will help you with the details of the MCQ and non- MCQ questions distribution:
|Section||QA||DI & LR||QA|
|Number of questions||34||32||34|
Ques. Can you give me the exam pattern of CAT 2019 in brief?
Ans. Read the highlights below:
- There are a total 100 questions divided among the three sections.
- Candidates have to finish the exam in 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- CAT is a computer based test or exam.
- Candidates cannot switch between sections.
- Question paper is printed in English only.
- TITA questions must be attempted carefully.
Ques. What is the marking scheme defined for MCQ type questions in CAT 2019?
Ans. As per the marking scheme, 3 marks are awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
Ques. Can you list some important topics for preparing the QA section in CAT 2019?
Ans. Yes, you must prepare the following important topics for QA:
- Number system
- Permutation and combination
- Set theory, trigonometry and logarithms
Ques. Can you list the topics to prepare for the Verbal and Reading comprehension section?
Ans. On the basis of the previous years analysis following topics must be prepared as part of CAT VRC syllabus:
- Fact Inference Judgment
- Fill in the blanks
- Para Completion
- Para Jumble
- Sentence Correction
- Verbal Reasoning
- Word Usage (Vocabulary)
Ques. How can I check my CAT 2019 result online?
Ans. A simple 4 step process to check the CAT result online is as follows:
- Open the official website: iimcat.ac.in.
- Look for the link that reads “CAT 2019 result”.
- Click on the link and provide the details of the username and password.
- Click on submit button and your CAT score card 2019 is displayed on screen.
Ques. I am in my final year of Bachelor‘s Degree. What marks should I enter while filling CAT Application Form?
Ans. You have to mention the marks as per the last marksheet you have received from the University.
Ques. Can I appear for multiple slots for CAT?
Ans. No, a candidate can take exam only in one time slot.
Ques. I have done a dual degree program i.e. B.Tech+M.Tech. I am confused about how to enter my marks under qualification coloumn?
Ques. I did not have a graduation degree. However, I have completed a professional degree, can I apply for CAT?
Ans. No, only candidates who are graduate from a recognized University can apply for CAT. No, professional degree is accepted as a graduation degree.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College