UGC NET(December) 2019 Application Process, Admit Card, Dates, Pattern, Syllabus and Result
UGC-National Eligibility Test is conducted to determine the eligibility forAssistant Professor’and ‘for Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’in Indian universities and colleges. UGC NET is a single stageselection processwhich will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) at selected cities of examination spread across the country.
- UGC NET December 2019 Notification and Application Form is expected to be released in the month of September 2019.
- The exam date for UGC-NET December 2019 is not yet announced, it will be announced in the official notification.
- NTA conducted June session of UGC NET 2019. Around 9.42 lakh applicants appeared for the exam in 615 centres in 237 cities for 81 subjects.
- NTA had revised the syllabus for Paper I on General Awareness.
- Unlike earlier, there was no break between Paper I and Paper II during the examination Check UGC NET Exam Pattern
- Sample Papers or Mock Tests are the best resources to prepare better for the National Eligibility Test. Check UGC NET Practice Paper
The exam was conducted in a single 3 Hour session. Highlights of the same are tabulated below:
|Paper||Marks /Number of Questions||Duration / Shift 1||Duration / Shift 2|
|1||100/50||1 Hour (9:30 am to 10:30 am)||1 Hour (2:30 pm to 3:30 pm)|
|2||200/100||2 Hours (10:30 am to 12:30 pm)||2 Hours (3:30 pm to 5:30 pm)|
UGC NET December 2019 Highlights
|Exam type||National Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer based Test)|
|Medium||English or Hindi|
|Duration||3 Hours (Paper 1:1 Hour, Paper 2: 2 Hours)|
|Type/ Number of Questions||MCQ’S/ 150 Questions|
|UGC NET Helpdesk||8076535482, 7703859909 | firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
UGC NET December 2019 Exam Pattern Updates
- The Examination shall be conducted as Computer Based Test (CBT) only.
- No break in between the examination.
- UGC NET 2019 comprises only two papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Earlier, the exam included three papers.
- Total Number of Questions- 150 (Paper 1- 50, Paper 2- 100)
- It is mandatory to attempt all the questions from both the papers.
- Paper 2 covered syllabi of both Paper 2 and Paper 3 as per the previous pattern of UGC NET.
- Read Changes Introduced in UGC NET 2019
UGC NET 2019 December Exam Dates(Tentative)
|Event||December Session (Tentative)|
|UGC NET 2019 Exam Notification||1st September 2019|
|Availability of Application Form||1st week of September|
|Last date for UGC NET Application Form||Last week of September|
|UGC NET December 2019 Exam Date||Third or fourth week of December 2019|
|Release of Answer Key and Recorded Responses||First week of January 2020|
|Raising of Objections||First week of January 2020|
|Release of Final Answer Key||First week of January 2020|
|Final Result||By 10th of January 2020|
UGC NET December 2019 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for UGC NET December 2019, candidates have to fulfill certain eligibility conditions. The eligibility is based on the academic qualification and age limit.
- Candidates must have scored at least 55% in their PG or an equivalent from any recognised university.
- UGC NET offers an exemption to candidates belonging to (OBC/ ST/SC) categories to at least 50%.
- NTA permits students in the final year of the course to apply for the exam. However, candidates will be disqualified if they fail to secure the marks as indicated by the Board.
- The board offers an additional 5% relaxation to candidates who have completed their Doctorate degree before September 19, 1991.
- Candidates are suggested to select courses of their specialty.
Candidates applying for Junior Research Fellowship should not be more than 30 years as on January 1, 2019.
There is no upper age limit for candidates for Assistant Professor’s post.
NTA provides relaxations to candidates belonging to reserved categories.
OBC-NCL/ SC/ ST/ PWD/Transgenders/ Women applicants – 5 years relaxation
Candidates with research experience in the selected field from a recognised university – 5 years
Candidates with LLM Degree – 3 years
Candidates with the given qualification/ degree shall be exempted from attending NET and can directly apply to any college
Candidates who have passed in UGC / CSIR JRF before 1989
Candidates who have passed States Eligibility Test(SET) before June 1, 2002
Check DetailsUGC NET Eligibility
UGC NET December 2019 Application Form
- Candidates can fill the application which will be made available on the official website of NTA. They can register as a new candidate by clicking on apply for UGC NET December 2019 link.
- Candidates will be required to fill the detailed authentication form to mention details such as state of residence, identification type (Aadhaar number, passport number, student ID, etc), candidate’s name, date of birth, etc
- Once the authentication process is done, candidates can proceed to fill the application.Candidates have to fill all the required details in the application form.After submitting the details, an Application Number will be generated.
- Upload the scanned images of the latest photograph and signature in the prescribed format.Now, pay the application fee through online or offline method.After completing the fee payment, candidates have to take a printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for future use.
The application fee determined by NTA varies according to the category of the candidate. Candidates can pay the fees in both online and offline mode:
- Candidates can make the payment through Debit Card / Credit Card or Net Banking.
- They have to enter the sixteen-digit number on the top of the card, name and CVV.
- The bank will send an OTP for verification purposes.
- If accepted, additional charges will be applicable (if any).
- Candidates will have to download the challan from the website
- Fill in the application form, name and the exam applied details
- The challan can be paid in Syndicate/Canara/ICICI bank of India
- Candidates will have to enter the challan number for completion of registration process.
|OBC (Non- Creamy Layer)||INR 400|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||INR 200|
Steps to fillUGC NET 2019 Application Form
Download UGC NET December 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for UGC NET 2019 was issued in the month of November 2019. Candidates can access the admit card on the official website- ntanet.nic.in. They must note that no admit card will be sent individually by post. The details printed on UGC NET 2019 Admit cardinclude Name, Category, Address of the Examination Center, Photograph and Signature, Date & Timing of the examination.
Candidates can download their admit cards from the website by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the link “Click Here for Login for Admit Card”.
- Login with “Application Number” & “Password”.
- The Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Download it and keep a printout for further reference.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Centers
The exam was conducted in 263 cities this year, candidates must fill in their preferences carefully while filling UGC NET 2019 Application Form: Check Exam Center List
Time Schedule for UGC NET December 2019
|Timing of Exam||9.30 am – 12.30 pm||2.30 pm - 5.30 pm|
|Duration of Exam||Paper I + Paper II: 3 hours|
|Entry in the Exam Center||7.30 am – 8.30 am||12.30 pm -1.30 pm|
|Entry in the Exam Hall||8.45 am – 9.00 am||1.45 pm - 2.00 pm|
|Checking of Admit Cards by Invigilator||9.00 am – 9.15 am||2.00 pm - 2.15 pm|
|Sitting on seat in the Exam Hall||9.15 am||2.15 pm|
|Instructions by the Invigilators||9.15 am – 9.25 am||2.15 pm to 2.25 pm|
|Commencement of NET Exam||9.30 am||2.30 pm|
|Test Concludes||1.30 pm||5.30 pm|
UGC NET December 2019 Exam Pattern
|Paper 1||Questions||Marks||Marking Scheme||Time|
|Paper 1 (Teaching and Research Aptitude)||50||100||2 marks for each correct answer (No Negative Marking)||3 Hours without any Break between the two papers|
|Paper 2 (Based on Core Subject)||100||200|
Check detailedUGC NET 2019 Exam Pattern
UGC NET Updated Syllabus
UGC NET syllabus has updated the syllabus for all NET subjects including Paper 1 syllabus on General aptitude.The syllabus for each subject is different, hence candidates should prepare according to that.
Paper 1will cover the following areas:
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Reading Comprehension
- Reasoning (including Mathematical)
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- People and Environment
- Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration
Paper 2will have syllabus from specific subjects as chosen by the candidate for UGC NET 2019.
Check Detailed Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Recommended Books and Material for UGC NET 2019
The candidates must refer to various authors/publications for best practice material. Some of the recommended books for the purpose of examination are:
|Trueman’s UGC NET/ SLET General Paper I||Danika Publishing Company|
|UGC NET/ JRF/ SLET General Paper||Arihant Publisher|
|UGC NET /JRF /SLET Teaching & Research Aptitude||Upkar Publishers|
|UGC NET/SET Paper 1||McGraw Hill Education|
|CBSE UGC NET: Teaching and Research Aptitude- JRF & Assistant Professor Exam Guide (Paper 1)||Ramesh Publishing House|
|Trueman’s UGC NET Paper 1 (Hindi)||Trueman Publishers|
|UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper 1- Shikshan Avum Shodh Abhiyogita||Arihant Publishers|
|UGC NET Teaching and Research Aptitude: Previous Paper & Test Papers||RPH|
|13 Years Solved Papers UGC NET/SET Teaching & Research Aptitude General (Paper||GK Publishing|
Note: NTA provides the facility of Mock Test for candidates for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 on the official website nta.ac.in. candidates can login using their credentials to avail the facility.
UGC NET Answer Key
NTA releases answer key for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 a few days after the examination are held. Candidates can check their recorded responses and the answer key released. Candidates can raise objections by paying fees of INR 1000. The fees is refundable if the objections are found correct by the agency.
The steps to download answer keys are as follows:
- Visit the official website of UGC NET i.e. ntanet.nic.in
- On the website homepage, search for the important links section
- Under the section, select the particular year.
- Students will be redirected to another page
- Click on the desired answer key link
UGC NET Result
Results are prepared after the release of corrected answer key.
How to Check UGC NET Result 2019?
- Go to the official website of NTA NET.
- Click on UGC NET 2019 Result on the menu bar.
- Enter your roll number and date of birth and click on the submit button.
- Your result will appear in the pdf format.
- Download it and take a printout of the result for further process.
Check UGC NET June 2019 Result here
Award of UGC NET Fellowship
|JRF||Rs 25,000/pm||For initial two years|
|SRF||Rs 28,000/pm||For remaining tenure|
|Contingency-Field work (Humanities and Social Sciences)||Rs 10,000/ pa Rs 20,500/pa||For initial two years For remaining tenure|
|Contingency-Field work (Sciences)||Rs 12,000/pa Rs 25,000/pa||For initial two years For remaining tenure|
|Escort / Reader||Rs 2000/pm||For physically handicapped|
|HRA||As per university rules|
Opportunities after UGC NET
- Those who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject.
- The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work.
- For Assistant Professor, the number of candidates to be qualified (total slots) will be equal to 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of NET.
UGC NET Cut off
UGC NET Cut Off
The Cut-Off marks for NTA UGC NET 2018 Exam will get released at the time of result declaration at NTA official website. The cut off is determined based on each category.
|Category||Minimum marks to be obtained Paper 1 and Paper 2|
|General||40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together|
|OBC (NCL) /SC/ST/PwD||35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together|
Check UGC NET Cut Off June 2019
UGC NET Paper Analysis
Overall difficulty level of exam for both the shifts was almost equal. The exam was of moderate level.
Paper Analysis – Paper 1
- DI was easy to attempt. There were 2 sets of DI questions with 5 questions.
- General awareness section had very less number of questions in this session.
- Reasoning section has a variety of questions from different topics. It was considered to be difficult when compared to other sections.
- Reading Comprehension was at the level of DI. It was easier when compared to questions in earlier exams.
Topic wise analysis of Paper 1
|Topic||Number of Questions||Level of Difficulty|
|Reasoning||7-8||Easy to Moderate|
|Data Interpretation||5 (2 in second shift))||Easy to Moderate|
|Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||4-5||Moderate|
|People and Environment||3-4||Easy|
|Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||4-5||Moderate|
|Teaching Aptitude||8-12||Moderate to Difficult|
|Communication||3-5||Easy to Moderate|
NTA UGC NET (December 2019) FAQs
Question: In how many subjects will the exam be conducted?
Answer: NTA will conduct the exam in total of 81 subjects at 263 examination cities spread across the country.
Question: How many papers we have to qualify?
Answer: Unlike last year, from this year onwards, students will have to qualify only two papers (Paper 1 & Paper 2).
Question: What is the maximum age limit to apply for NTA UGC NET 2019?
Answer: The maximum age limit for appearing in the examination has been increased by two years, and now it is 30 years. Candidates having age more than 30 years will not be permitted to take the exam.
Question: What is the validity of UGC NET score?
Answer: The validity of UGC NET e-certificate is lifetime, however, the validity of the JRF Letter of Award is only two years after the results are declared.
Question: Can I select the exam for one particular post?
Answer: Yes, while filling in the application form, you will have the option to apply for both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor, or just the later one.
Question: Will the exam be conducted in online mode?
Answer: Yes, from December 2018, the examination will be conducted in computer-based mode.
Question: How many questions will be there in UGC NET?
Answer: There will be a total of 150 objective-type questions, for which maximum marks awarded is 300.
Question: Is there any negative marking in the paper?
Answer: No,there is no negative marking in the paper. For each correct answer, you will get 2 marks.
Question: What is the last date to submit the application fee?
Answer: The last date to submit the application fee is April 6, 2019. After the due date, the fee will not be accepted and your form will be rejected.
Question: Will there be any application form correction facility?
Answer: Students are advised to fill the application form very carefully and double check it before hitting the submit button. But in case, there are some errors in the submitted application form, the application form correction window is open from April 7, 2019 to April 14, 2019.
Question: Is the Aadhaar Card necessary to apply for the exam?
Answer: To apply for NET Exam, Aadhaar Card is very important. Without it, forms will not be accepted. In case, you have applied for Aadhar Card, but did not receive it, you can fill in the Aadhar Card number printed on your Aadhar Card application form.
Question: Is the application fee refundable?
Answer: The application fee for UGC NET 2019, once remitted, is not refundable or transferable under any circumstances. So be very sure, before applying for the exam.
Question: How can we pay the application fee?
Answer: The application fee for the exam can be paid either online through Credit Card/Debit Card or via offline mode through e-challan. Candidates paying the fee offline through e-challan will have to give the application fee in cash to Syndicate/ICICI/Canara Bank.
Question: What is the minimum eligibility criterion for UGC NET 2019?
Answer: To apply for NTA UGC NET 2019, students must have a post-graduation degree from a university recognized by UGC, with a minimum aggregate or percentage of 55% for general candidates and 50% in the case of reserved category candidates.
Question: Is there any relaxation in minimum aggregate criterion for Ph. D. degree holders?
Answer: Yes, all Ph. D. degree holders whose post-graduation had been completed by September 19, 1991 will be given relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying examination.
Question: Can I apply for the exam, if I am in the final year of my post-graduation?
Answer: Yes, candidates who are appearing for final examination of their Master’s degree (or equivalent degree) are also eligible to apply.
Question: What is the maximum age limit to apply for Assistant Professor Post?
Answer: There is no age limit to apply for Assistant Professor Post.
Question: Who are exempted from appearing in UGC NET exam?
Answer: All Ph. D. holders, UGC/CSIR JRF Qualified Candidates, State Eligibility Candidates (SET) Candidates are exempted from appearing for NET 2019. Candidates can check the details on the official website.
Question: When will be the admit card available?
Answer: The admit card for UGC NET 2019 will be available on the official website in the month of June 2019. Students can download their admit cards from there by logging in to their accounts.
Question: Is it necessary to take a print out of the admit card?
Answer: Yes, it is necessary to take hard copies of the admit card, as admit cards won’t be sent individually by post.
Question: Can we get entry to the examination hall without admit card (in case we forget)?
Answer: No, any candidate without the hall ticket will not be permitted to enter the examination hall and give the exam, under any circumstances. So students must carry the hard copy of their respective admit card.
Question: Can we select the examination center while registering for the exam?
Answer: Yes, while registering for the exam candidates can fill their preferred examination center. But, the conducting authority does not guarantee to assign the preferred examination centers as they will be allocated as per availability.
Question: What other documents do I need to bring along with the hall ticket?
Answer: Along with the print out of admit card, students must bring their photo identity proof (voter ID card, Aadhar Card, Pan Card, etc.) to the examination center on the date of exam.
Question: Do we have to bring a pen or pencil to the examination center?
Answer: Candidates have to bring black or blue ball point pen along with them. Use of pencil is strictly prohibited in the exam.
Question:When will the results be out?
Answer: The results for UGC NET 2019 will be out in the month of July 2019. Candidates will be able to check their result by entering their Roll Number and DOB.
Question: What is the cut-off for UGC NET 2019?
Answer: General candidates have to score minimum 40 marks (40%) in Paper 1 and 80 marks (40%) in Paper 2. All OBC-NCL/PwD/SC/ST candidates have to score 35 marks (35%) in Paper 1 and 70 marks (75%) in Paper 2.
Question: Are women applicants given age relaxation?
Answer: Yes, all women applicants are given age relaxation of 5 years.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College