UGC NET 2019 Admit Card, Exam Centers and Exam Day Instructions
NTA will release UGC NET 2019 Admit Cards for December session on November 9, 2019. Candidates will have to download the admit card from the official portal – ntanet.nic.in by logging in with their Application number and Date of Birth.
- NTA will conduct UGC NET 2019 on multiple days from December 2 – 6, 2019.
- Candidates must carry their admit card along with the same photo uploaded in UGC NET Application Form and an original photo ID proof to the exam hall.
- UGC NET 2019 Admit Card will contain details such as subject name, allotted exam date, time and address of the exam center.
- In case, you are unable to download the hall ticket or finds any discrepancy in it, you can contact the Help Line from November 9 – 16, 2019.
How to Download UGC NET Admit Card?
UGC NET Hall Ticket can be accessed via online mode only. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website ntanet.nic.in
- Navigate to ‘Download NET Admit Card’ on the bottom of the homepage
- Click on ‘UGC NET Admit Card’ link.
- Enter the issued Application number and date of Birth
- Enter Captcha and Press Submit
- Admit Card will be displayed on the screeen.
- Check and Download the document.
- Save and Print the Admit Card
In case candidate has forgotten the password or the application number, it can be recovered by answering the security question. The other methods to reset the password are by receiving the verification code on the registered mobile number via SMS or through a direct link received via email on the registered email ID. Read UGC NET Syllabus
Unable to download Admit Card?
Sometimes, due to various factors, one is unable to download the admit card. Some of the major reasons of the failure are:
- Photograph or signatures are not clear
- Incomplete information
- Non-fulfilment of eligibility criteria
- Unable to access Admit Card because of incorrect credentials
- Slow or unavailibility of internet service
Download UGC NET Sample Papers
Things to Remember:
- In no case, the duplicate NTA UGC NET Admit Card for UGC NET December 2019 will be issued at the center.
- Candidate must not mutilate the document or change any entry made therein.
- It is advised to preserve their Admit Cards in good condition for future reference.
- No Admit Card will be issued to the candidates whose applications are found to be incomplete for any reasons (including indistinct/ doubtful photographs/unsigned Applications) or who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria for the examination.
- Issue of Admit Cards, however, will not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility which will be further scrutinized at subsequent stages of admission process.
UGC NET Sample Admit Card
Details on UGC NET Admit Card
Admit Card of NET exam carries details such as:
- Venue of Test: Center number as well as the full address of the College or University allotted to candidate.
- Subject and Subject Code: Candidate’s subject, as well as the subject code which was selected during the application, is also mentioned on the admit card/hall ticket.
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s name
- Person with Disability: If applicable or not is mentioned
- Address: Candidate’s address filled during the time of application is mentioned.
- Email ID: Candidate’s registered email id is mentioned.
- Date of Test: Date of the examination is mentioned in Date/Month/Year format.
- Timings: Detailed timing schedule of the examination is mentioned on the admit card/hall ticket.
- Application Number: Candidate’s application number is mentioned which is also required to log into the official website.
Note: The candidates must specially check for given details in case of any error – Name, Application Number, Exam Center, Photograph and Signature.
In case, the applicants have received an admit card with incorrect information, they must inform at helpline number immediately. The authorities suggests that the applicant can carry on with the already downloaded admit card, the details will be corrected afterwards.
Documents Required with UGC NET Admit Card
Candidates must bring the following documents on the day of examination at the Test Center else they will be disqualified.
- Print copy of Admit Card
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form) should be taken for pasting on the specific space in the Attendance Sheet at Centre during the Examination. Read about UGC NET Registration
- Anyone of the authorized photo IDs (must be original, valid and nonexpired) – PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/ Aadhaar Enrolment No/ Ration Card.
- PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category.
Note: Candidate’s photo and signature along with name on the document and admit card should match each other.
UGC NET 2019 Admit Card Helpline Number
UGC NET has introduced two new helpline numbers for candidates appearing in the exam – 8076535482 and 7703859909. Candidates facing any problem related to Admit Card may call on these numbers from November 9 – 16, 2019 between 10:00 AM and 5:30 PM.
Any candidate facing problems such as discrepancy in details on Admit Card or problem in downloading the same must approach the concerned department and intimate the problem soon.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Centers
UGC NET 2019 Exam will be conducted in two shifts at 224 centers across the nation. At the time of registration, applicants are required to select any four cities in terms of their preference. The allotment will be based on the candidate’s preference as submitted during the application. In exceptional cases, a different or a nearby examination city or center could be allotted.
A unique code is provided to each state/Union Territory and city which will reflect in the Admit Card. Given are the State Codes/UT for UGC NET 2019:
|Name of State||Code|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||01|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||08|
|Daman and Diu||09|
|Jammu and Kashmir||15|
UGC NET Exam Day Instructions
Admit Card mentions instructions or rules and regulations that must be followed by candidates. Here is an overview of the instructions mentioned on the admit card:
- Report at the examination center two hours before the commencement of examination so as to complete the frisking and registration formalities well before time.
- The registration desk will close 30 minutes prior to the examination. Candidates will not be permitted to enter in the examination center after 8.30 am in first shift and after 1.00 pm in second shift.
- Take the seat immediately after opening of the examination hall. If the candidates do not report in time due to any reason i.e. traffic jam, train/bus delay etc, they are likely to miss some of the general instructions to be announced in the examination room/hall.
- The candidate must show, on demand, the Admit Card downloaded/printed from the NTA’s website for admission in the examination room/hall. A candidate who does not possess the valid Admit Card will not be permitted for the examination under any circumstances by the Centre Superintendent.
- A seat indicating Roll Number will be allotted to each candidate. Candidates should find and sit on their allocated seat only. Any candidate found to have changed room/hall or the seat on his/her own other than allotted, his/her candidature will be cancelled and no plea would be accepted for it.
- Ensure that the question paper available on the computer is as per his/her opted subject indicated in the Admit Card. In case, the subject of question paper is other than his/her opted subject, the same may be brought to the notice of the invigilator concerned.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any baggage inside the examination center. NTA will not be responsible for any belongings stolen or lost at the premises.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables and Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written material, bits of papers, mobile phone, Blue-tooth devices, pager or any other electronic gadget/ device etc.
- If any candidate is in possession of any of the above item, his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and lead to cancellation of the current examination and also debar the candidate for future examination(s) and the material will be seized.
- No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre Superintendent or the Invigilator concerned, will leave their seat or examination room/hall until the full duration of the paper is over.
- Smoking, chewing gutka, spitting etc. in the examination room/hall is strictly prohibited. Tea, coffee, cold drinks, snacks or eatable things are not allowed to be taken inside the examination room/hall during examination hours.
- Candidates suffering from diabetes are allowed to carry into the examination hall the eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/ orange) and transparent water bottle. However, they will not be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolate/ candy/sandwich etc.
- Candidate may approach the Centre Superintendent/Invigilator in the room for any technical assistance, first aid emergency or any other information during the course of examination.
- For those who are unable to appear on the scheduled date of test for any reason, re-test will not be held by the NTA under any circumstances.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College