UGC NET 2019 Registration Open till Oct 15: Fill Application Form at ntanet.nic.in
UGC NET Application Form for December 2019 session has been made available since September 9, 2019. Candidates can fill the application form in online mode only at the official website of UGC NET – ntanet.nic.in. Last day to register for UGC NET December 2019 has been extended till October 15, 2019.
- UGC NET Application Process involves registration, filling required details, uploading photo & signature and fee payment.
- Candidates have to indicate their NET subject, course at PG level, preferred exam cities and other details.
- UGC NET Application Fees can be paid in online mode only using debit/ credit card/ netbanking or paytm till October 16, 2019.
- Registration fees for general category is INR 1000, INR 500 for OBC and EWS, and INR 250 for SC/ ST/ PWD and Transgender candidates.
- NTA will open a form correction window for candidates to make any corrections in the form from October 18 – 25, 2019.
- Only successfully registered candidates will be issued UGC NET 2019 Admit Card.
Direct Link to Apply for UGC NET 2019
UGC NET 2019 Registration Dates (Updated)
NTA will conduct in online mode as per the following schedule:
|Events||December 2019 Session |
|UGC NET 2019 Registration Began on||September 9, 2019 (Open)|
|Last day to submit UGC NET 2019 Application Form||October 15, 2019 (Extended)|
|Last day to pay UGC NET Application Fees||October 16, 2019 (Extended)|
|UGC NET Application Form Correction Window||October 18 – 25, 2019|
|Issue of UGC NET 2019 Admit Card||November 9, 2019|
|UGC NET 2019 Exam Dates||December 2 – 6, 2019|
Download UGC NET December 2019 Notification PDF
UGC NET 2019 Eligibility
Before filling UGC NET Application Form, candidates must consider important points listed below:
- Age Criteria: For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) the upper age limit is 30 years as on December 1, 2019. There is no age limit described for the Assistant Professor.
- Age Relaxation: 5 years relaxation is given in the upper age limit for OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category. Relaxation will also be provided to the research experience students.
- Qualifying Exam: Students must have a Master’s degree or equivalent from any recognized university.
- Subjects: The qualifying exam has to be passed in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications and Electronic Science.
- Minimum Marks: General category students must have scored 55% marks in the qualifying exam while 50% marks is required for reserved category students.
- Appearing Candidates: Students who are appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply.
- Relaxation: There is a 5% relaxation for Ph.D. degree holders in aggregate marks. Such students should have a Master’s degree examination completed before September 19, 1991.
Check Detailed UGC NET Eligibility
How to Fill UGC NET 2019 Application Form?
Aspirants can fill UGC NET 2019 Application Form by following the steps given below:
(All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times)
Download UGC NET Sample Papers
Step 1: UGC NET Registration
- Registration: New users should register on the official website of UGC NET 2019 to apply for the same. Candidates can complete the registration process by filling the required details.
- Log in: Already registered candidates can login using their Application Number and Password.
- Note: Candidates are advised to go through the Terms and Conditions and then click on "Proceed Further".
Check UGC NET 2019 Exam Pattern
Step 2: Filling UGC NET Application Form
- Enter Your Details: The online application form will be displayed and candidates must enter the required details such as 4 preferences of exam center, NET subject, course at PG level, reservation category and other details.
- Submission: Fill all the details and click on "Submit" option.
- Confirmation: After submission, a Review Page appears where candidates can review the details entered by them. After verification, click "Final Submit" button to submit the application form. Candidates should save the confirmation page.
- Application Number: Application number will be generated after the submission of the form. Candidates must save the number as it is used to log in and other uses.
Step 3: Uploading Scanned Images
Candidates are required to upload scanned images only in the below specified format and dimensions:
|Format||JPG/ JPEG||JPG/ JPEG|
|Size||between 10 kb – 200 kb||between 4 kb – 30 kb|
|Dimensions|| 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm|
Step 4: UGC NET Application Fee Payment
- Portal: After the final upload of the photo, the candidates will be redirected to the fee payment portal.
- Payment mode: Candidates can pay UGC NET Registration fees in online mode only.
- Payment Gateway: The fees can be paid using debit card/ credit card/ netbanking of SBI/ Syndicate/ HDFC and ICICI bank or through Paytm or UPI.
- Download Confirmation Page: Candidates must save 4 copies of filled in application form and e-receipt of fee payment. Read UGC NET Syllabus
UGC NET Application Fee 2019
The application fee varies as per candidate’s category:
|Category||Application Fee (Revised)|
|OBC-NCL/ EWS||INR 500|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||INR 250|
Note: GST/ Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
Details Required for UGC NET Registration 2019
The clear explanation on how to fill up the details asked in UGC NET 2019 Application Form is tabulated below:
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Applied for||Select whether Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship or both|
|Subject opted for||Select one subject from the 81 specializations available. |
|City of Examination||Select 4 cities from 224 cities where the test is being conducted.|
|Reservation Category||Choose the Reservation Category properly from the drop-down list available|
|Mailing and Permanent Address||Enter Mailing and Permanent Address|
|Educational Qualifications||Enter all the educational qualifications|
|Password Generation||Choose a password and security question and answer, which will be used for all future correspondence|
- The final submission of the online application form will remain incomplete if step 2 and step 3 are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
- The entire application process of UGC NET December, 2019 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ By Hand.
- Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA’s website regularly for the latest updates and to check their e-mails
UGC NET Application Form Correction
NTA will provide an opportunity to correct the mistakes made in the application form of UGC NET 2019 from October 18 – 25, 2019.
- Visit official website i.e. ntanet.nic.in
- Log in to the form correction link with the registration number and password
- Edit the portions which you want to and submit the corrected form
- Candidates will only get to correct UGC NET 2019 Application Form if they have submitted it before the closing date.
UGC NET 2019 Application Form FAQs
Ques. When will the Online Application form for UGC NET December 2019 be available on website?
Ans. UGC NET Application form will be available from September 9, 2019 onwards at ntanet.nic.in.
Ques. In case the Photograph is not having Name & Date of the Photograph, would the form be rejected?
Ans. No, the form will not be rejected. However, it is suggested to have photo with name and date on it.
Ques. Do I have an option of editing my submitted application?
Ans. Yes, NTA gives you the option to correct your UGC NET 2019 application form
Ques. Whether Aadhar Card number mandatory for filing UGC NET 2019 application form?
Ans. No, Aadhaar number is optional only.
Ques. Can I apply for UGC NET 2019 exam through offline mode?
Ans. No, only online application mode is possible.
Ques. I am a Candidate appearing for my final year exams in my Master degree. Can I apply?
Ans. Yes, final year students can apply.
Ques. Is the thumb impression necessary to upload with application form?
Ans. No, thumb impression is not necessary.
Ques. Can I pay application fee through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc?
Ans. No, Fee paid through any other modes other than prescribed will be summarily rejected.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College