UGC NET Application Forms filling window will become functional on March 1, 2019. The online forms are available only at ntanet.nic.in. Applications submitted in any other mode will stand rejected, in any case. The registration fee for this session for each of the category is General category: INR 800, OBC (NCL): INR 400 and SC/ ST/ Transgender: INR 200.
The National Testing Agency has scheduled UGC NET 2019 (June session) from June 20 – 28. The exam will be conducted in online (computer-based) mode, across 90 states in India.
Latest: The Commission has revised the syllabus of all NET subjects (including Paper I on General Awareness). The change will be followed from June 2019 session onwards. Check UGC NET Syllabus
- Bachelor Degree holders with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognised university can apply for the exam. Check UGC NET Eligibility
- There is a provision to make corrections in the application form. It will become active shortly.
- Do not send the printout of the confirmation page to the authority office.
UGC NET 2019 Application Dates
UGC NET will be held only one time in a year through offline mode. Candidates can check official dates of NTA UGC NET 2019 exam from here:
|Event||December Session (Closed)||July Session (Open)|
|UGC NET 2019 Exam Notification||September 1, 2018||February 4, 2019|
|Availability of Online Application Form||September 1 – 30, 2018||March 1 – 30, 2019|
|UGC NET Application Fee Payment||upto October 1, 2018||April 2019|
|UGC NET Form Correction Facility||October 8 – 14, 2018||April 2019|
|Availability of UGC NET Admit Card||From November 19, 2018||May 15, 2019 – Download now!|
|UGC NET 2019 Exam Date||November 18 – 22, 2018||June 20 – 28, 2019|
Previously: The last session was conducted in December 2018, the results for the same were declared on June 10, 2019. Check UGC NET Results
UGC NET Eligibility
Before starting the registration process, it is mandatory to go through the eligibility standards defined by the NTA. A brief about the same is listed below:
- Age Criteria: For Junior Research Fellowship the upper age limit is 30 years as on January 1, 2019. No age limit is described for the assistant professor.
- Relaxation of 5 years: is given in the upper age limit for OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the research experience students.
- Qualifying Exam: Students must have the Master’s degree or equivalent from UGC recognized Universities/Institutions.
- Subjects: The qualifying exam has to be passed in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications and Electronic Science.
- Minimum Marks: Students should have scored 55% marks and 50% marks for reserved category students.
- Appearing Candidates: Students those appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply.
- Relaxation: There is a 5% relaxation for Ph.D degree holders in aggregate marks. Such students should have a Master’s degree examination will be completed by September 19, 1991.
Who are Exempted From Appearing UGC NET (for Assistant Professor)?
- Ph.D Degree Holders: Candidates possessing the Ph.D degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SELT/SET for recruitment of Assistant Professor in Universities/institutions.
- UGC/CSIR JRF Qualified Candidates: The qualified candidates of UGC/CSIR JRF examination are exempted from appearing the NET but the condition is that the examination must be passed prior to 1989.
- States Eligibility Test (SET) Candidates: The qualified candidates of SET (held prior to June 1, 2002) are exempted from appearing in NET. These candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Those who have cleared the SET (June 1, 2002 onwards) are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/colleges situated in the state of passing the SET.
Check detailed UGC NET Eligibility
How to Fill UGC NET 2019 Application Form?
Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. By following the steps given below, students can fill the UGC NET 2019 application form:
(All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times.)
Step 1: Registration
- Registration: New users should register on the official website of UGC NET 2019 to apply for the same. Candidates can complete the registration process by filling the required details.
- Log in: Already registered candidates can login using their Application Number and Password.
- Note: Candidates are advised to go through the Terms and Conditions and then click on "Proceed Further".
Step 2: Filling the details
- Details: The online NET 2019 Application Form will be displayed and candidates must enter the required details.
- Submission: Fill all the details and click on "Submit" option.
- Confirmation: After the Submit button is clicked, a Review Page appears where candidates can review the details entered by them. After verification, click "Final Submit" button to submit the application form.
- Application Number: Application Number will be generated after the submission of the form. Candidates can use the Application number to log in.
- Continue/skip: The candidate can continue or skip to further step. The candidate can continue later filling up rest of the information using Application Number and Password.
- Photograph and signature: After the details are entered, candidates should upload scanned images in the format and dimension as specified.
- Rejection of forms: Candidates must keep in mind that if the entries are not appropriate, the form will be rejected.
Step 3: Uploading Scanned Images
Candidates should upload scanned images only in the specified format and dimensions. The specifications are given below:
|Format||JPG/ JPEG||JPG/ JPEG|
|Size||between 10kb – 200kb||between 4kb – 30 kb|
|Dimensions|| 3.5 cm * 4.5 cm||3.5 cm * 1.5 cm|
Step 4: Application Fee Payment
- Portal: After the final upload of the photo, the candidates will be redirected to the fee payment portal.
- Payment mode: Candidates can choose to pay through E-Challan.
- E-Challan: If the candidate opts for payment through E-challan, the system will generate an E-Challan that the candidate has to get printed and has to submit it along with the fee to any nearest Syndicate Bank/ ICICI/Canara Bank.
|Category||Application Fee (Revised)|
Candidates can continue the process of application fee payment by clicking on "Yes, I do" option. Also, State list OBC Candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General.
Note: GST/ Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
Details Required for UGC NET Registration
The clear explanation on how to fill up the details asked for in UGC NET 2019 Application Form is tabulated below.
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Applied for||Select whether Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship|
|Subject opted for||Select one subject from the 100 specializations available. The selected subject must be your Master degree specialization subject.|
|City of Examination||Select one city from the 90 cities where the test is being conducted.|
|Name||Enter your name|
|Gender||Choose your gender|
|Caste Category||Choose your Caste Category properly from the drop-down list available|
|Mailing and Permanent Address||Enter your Mailing and Permanent Address|
|Educational Qualifications||Enter all your educational qualifications|
|Password Generation||Choose a password and security question and answer, which will be used for all future correspondence|
- The final submission of Online Application Form will remain incomplete if step 2 and step 3 are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
- The entire application process of UGC NET June 2019 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ By Hand.
- Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA’s website regularly for the latest updates and to check their e-mails
UGC NET 2019 Application Form Correction
The board will open the correction facility in the application form of UGC NET 2019 from April 2019. Candidates who have made mistakes in their UGC NET application form 2019 can use the opportunity to correct any mistakes they have made. Once the correction facility closes, candidates will not be able to edit any information.
- Visit official website i.e. ntanet.nic.in
- Log in to the form correction link with the registration number and password
- Edit the portions which you want to and submit the correct form
- Candidates will only get to correct UGC NET 2019 Application Form if they have submitted it before the closing date.
चेक यूजीसी नेट परीक्षा पैटर्न
UGC NET Application Form 2019 FAQs
Ques. When will be the Online Application form for UGC NET June 2019 be available on website?
Ans: The Online Application form for UGC NET 2019 will be available from March 1 at ntanet.nic.in.
Ques. In case the Photograph is not having Name & Date of the Photograph, would the form be rejected?
Ans: No, the form will not be rejected because of the following reasons:
- in this case, because it is not mandatory to mention Name & Date in Photograph. Make sure that the photo is not with cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed if being used regularly. Polaroid and Computer generated photos are not acceptable. The photograph should be recent and taken on or after April 1, 2019.
- Candidates may please note that if it is found that photo uploaded is fabricated i.e. de-shaped or seems to be hand-made or computer made, the form of the candidate will be rejected and the same would be considered as using unfair means and the candidate would be dealt with accordingly.
- Candidates are advised to take 6 to 8 passport size coloured photographs clear with white background for use at a later stage.
- Candidate should scan his/her passport size photograph for uploading. File size must be between 10 kb to 200 kb.
Ques. Do I have an option of editing my submitted application?
Ans: Yes, NTA gives you the option to correct your UGC NET 2019 application form
Ques. Whether Aadhar Card number mandatory for filing UGC NET 2019 application form?
Ans: No, Aadhar number is optional only.
Ques. Can I apply for UGC NET 2019 exam through offline mode?
Ans: No, only online application mode is possible.
Ques. I am a Candidate appearing for my final year exams in my Master degree. Can I apply?
Ans: Yes, appearing candidates can apply.
Ques. Whether thumb impression is necessary to upload with application form?
Ans: No, thumb impression is not necessary.
Ques. Can I pay application fee through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc?
Ans: No, Fee paid through any other modes other than prescribed will be summarily rejected.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College