UGC NET Question Papers, Sample Papers or Mock Tests can prove to be a great resource to prepare better for the National Eligibility Test. This year, a big change has been introduced in the conduct of the examination. From December 2018, the national level examination will be conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) in online (computer-based) mode.
This introduction can prove to be a turning point for a lot of aspirants. But, candidates can take a sigh of relief as the coordinating body NTA has identified various schools and colleges with internet and computer facilities. The same will be designated as Test Practice Centers (TPCs) for facilitating free practice sessions on every Saturday and Sunday for UGC NET December 2018 aspirants. An NTA App is also available. All of these facilities will help any candidate to get fully aware of the exam atmosphere and will help them to get comfortable with the online mode.
Steps to Download UGC NET Sample Paper
- For the ease of aspirants, NTA will release sample and mock tests at www.ntanet.nic.in in November 2019.
- Currently, mock tests for 40 NET subjects are available.
- The entire information related to the same will be received after successful registration.
- Candidates must register for TPCs in order to access and practice for the examination
- They must enter the issued Nodal Email, Password, Captcha code and then Login.
UGC NET Sample Papers – Importance
The sample papers of UGC NET 2018 are beneficial for better preparation for the entrance test.
- To use UGC NET sample papers efficiently, applicants must solve the question paper as per the prescribed exam pattern. It will help in understanding the paper pattern.
- During the practice, try to solve UGC NET Question Paper (pdf) within the allotted time limit i.e. three hours (3 hours). This will help aspirants to enhance their time management skills.
- After attempting all UGC NET Sample Questions, aspirants can match their answers with the solutions provided below in the practice papers to calculate their probable scores.
- Once the score is calculated applicants can analyse their preparation level and work on the weaker sections.
Benefit of UGC NET Sample Papers
Here, we have put together an inclusive list of advantages that you can gain by solving UGC NET Sample Papers-
- Overcome the Fear
- Effective Revision
- Marking Scheme
- Time Management
- Self Assessment
- Speed and Accuracy
- Boosts Confidence
There are three ways in which a candidate can incorporate mock tests in their preparation strategy-
- Solve question papers from previous UGC NET exams’ question papers. Although there is a minimal probability of questions repeating from the previous years, it will definitely help in getting an idea of the type of questions which are asked more often.
- Solve mock papers and practice papers. Mock tests will help a candidate get in the mode for the big day.
- Solve individual test papers for each section. This will help in analysing performance in each section and prepare exam day strategy accordingly.
UGC NET Exam Pattern (Updated)
National Eligibility Test 2019 or NET 2019 is a national level exam conducted by NTA on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC). This national level test is a qualifying exam for lectureship in universities. It is also mandatory for some research programs. Listed below are key facts related to the exam pattern:
Other Facts Related to Paper Pattern:
- No. of Papers: two papers.
- No. of Questions: Total 150 questions will be asked in NET (Paper 1: 50 Question and Paper 2: 100 Questions). All questions are compulsory to attempt.
- Subjects: Paper I will consist General Aptitude Questions and Paper 2 will have questions related to the subject selected by candidates.
- Medium of Paper: Hindi and English are the only options to attempt UGC NET. Choice for paper medium can be exercised at the time of filling the form.
- Negative Marking: NTA will not be not following negative marking scheme in UGC NET.
Check detailedUGC NET Exam Pattern