NTA is expected to publish UGC NET Results (December 2018) in January 2019. Visit NTA’s website i.e. ntanet.nic.in OR nta.ac.in to check the final results. Only top 6% of the total candidates who appeared for both papers will be qualified in UGC NET.
NTA has released the admit cards for the examination. Download Now!
- From December 2018 session, UGC NETwill be conducted twice a year in computer-based mode.
- The upcoming session is scheduled from December 18 to 22, 2018.
- Candidates are notified that there will be NO CHANGES in the paper pattern and syllabus of the examination. CheckUGC NET Syllabus
Facts Related to NET Results
- Enter the issued application no. and DOB to access your scores.
- Candidates who get a cut off score, as per their category, will be eligible for the position of assistant professor or junior research fellowship. Check UGC NET Cut off
- According to UGC NET 2019 result, only 15% of students are considered for the post of Assistant Professor only.
- The counselling procedure will commence after the exam result is declared. Know more UGC NET Counselling
- To get the counseling date, a candidate needs to confirm their ranking and then based on merit, a date is allocated by the officials.
- The score card for UGC NET must be preserved till the completion of the admission process.
UGC NET Answer Keys
- After the examination concludes, NTA will display the answer keys of the questions on its official website i.e. www.ntanet.nic.in.
- This will provide an opportunity for the candidates to challenge the answer key.
- The keys/ responses are likely to be displayed for three to five days.
- Candidates will be given an opportunity to challenge online against UGC NET Answer Key on payment of INR 1000 per question challenged as processing charges.
- If the challenge is accepted by the authority, the fee will be refunded.
- NTA’s decision on the challenges shall be final and the result will be declared on the basis of final answer keys.
- No grievance with regard to answer key(s) after the declaration of result of UGC NET December 2018 will be entertained.
Check UGC NET Participating Colleges
How to Check UGC NET 2019 Result?
Follow the steps given below to download the UGC NET result 2019.
- Visit the official website UGC NET i.e. ntanet.nic.in
- On website, click on ‘UGC NET Result ’ link.
- Log in to by using your User ID and Password.
- The result in form of PDF will be displayed on your screen.
- The candidates will be required to download and print out the UGC NET result 2019 for future use.
Note: There shall be no re-evaluation/re-checking of result. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
Details Mentioned on UGC NET Scorecard
The following information will be available in the result of UGC NET 2019 for the candidates to check:
- Candidate’s Name
- Hall Ticket Number
- Rank scored by that candidate
- Name of the course for which the aspirant appeared
- Marks secured by the candidate in each paper
- Total marks
Procedure for Declaration of Results
Step 1: No. of candidates to be qualified (total slots or Eligibility for Assistant Professor) shall be equal to 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of NET.
Step 2: The total slots shall be allocated to different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of India.
Step 3: In order to be considered for ‘both JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor’ and for ‘Assistant Professor Only’, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured atleast 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for General (Unreserved) category candidates and at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for all candidates belonging to the reserved categories (viz., SC, ST, OBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer, PwD and Transgender).
Step 4: The number of candidates to be declared qualified in any subject for a particular category is derived as per the methodology illustrated below:
|No. of candidates to be declared qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor in the subject ‘Economics’ for the SC category||No. of candidates belonging to SC category who secure at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for SC category for ‘Economics’ (x) Total slots derived for SC category as per Step II (÷) Total number of candidates belonging to SC category over all subjects who secure at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together.|
The aggregate percentage of the two papers corresponding to the number of slots arrived at, shall determine the qualifying cut-off for Eligibility for Assistant Professor ‘in ‘Economics’ for the SC category. Similar yardstick shall be employed for deriving the subject-wise qualifying cut-offs for all categories.
Step 5: All candidates who had applied for ‘Eligibility for JRF & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both’ out of the total number of qualified candidates derived as per Step IV, shall constitute the consideration zone for JRF. Step VI: The total number slots available for awarding JRF is allocated among different categories as per the reservation policy of Government of India. The procedure for subjectwise cum category-wise allocation of JRF slots is illustrated below:
|Number of candidates to be declared qualified for JRF & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in the subject ‘Economics’ for the Scheduled Tribe (ST) category||Number of candidates belonging to ST category who have opted for JRF and have qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in the subject ‘Economics’ (x) Total JRF slots available for ST category (÷) Total number of candidates belonging to ST category over all subjects who have opted for JRF and have qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor|
The aggregate percentage of the two paper scores corresponding to the number of JRF slots arrived at, shall determine the qualifying cut-off for JRF in ‘Economics’ for the ST category.
Normalization of UGC NET 2019 Scorecard
A merit list is created by UGC to determine the list of eligible students.
- Preparation of Merit list based on Cut off Scores
- For the students who secure cut off scores, a merit list is prepared.
- This merit list is based on their aggregate marks, scored in each subject in all three papers.
- There are two lists, one subject-wise and the other category-wise.
- UGC NET Result for Merit Students
- UGC takes out top 15% candidates from the merit list and announces them eligible for Assistant Professors in Indian universities and colleges.
- UGC NET Result for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- After the above process, a separate cut off list is prepared for the students eligible for JRF. Below is the formula to calculate the score and thus the eligibility.
Number of slots under General Category for JRF = (Number of candidates who have opted for eligibility for Assistant Professor in that subject X Number of slots available under General category) / Total number of general candidates who have opted for JRD and are qualified for eligibility for assistant professor
UGC NET 2019 Cut off
- A separate category-wise and subject-wise merit list will be prepared for the candidates those obtained the qualifying percentile of marks.
- Top 15% candidates from the merit list will be declared NET qualified for eligibility of Assistant professor only.
- Among NET qualified candidates a separate merit list will be carried out for the award of JRF.
- The qualifying marks criteria are set by the /UGC will be final.
- The minimum marks that a candidate need to be score in UGC NET to be considered for the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor in paper-I, paper-II is given below:
|Category||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|General||40 marks (40%)||80 marks (40%)|
|OBC-NCL/PwD/SC/ST||35 marks (35%)||70 marks (35%)|
UGC NET 2019 Selection Process
The test will be followed by the counselling round for the candidates who successfully clear the UGC NET 2019. For UGC NET selection process, candidates can go through the following details:
- Candidates have to secure minimum marks in both the papers to be considered for the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- For selection, a subject-wise and category-wise merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in all the rounds.
- From the merit list prepared, top 15% candidates from each subject and category are selected and declared as NET qualified for Assistant Professor only.
- The other merit list featuring the names of the selected candidates is prepared from the NET qualified candidates merit list for Junior Research Fellows (JRF).
UGC NET 2019 Counselling
UGC NET counselling is held for the candidates who have successfully cleared the entrance exam. Soon after the result declaration, the announcement of UGC NET counselling is made by the concerned authorities. The counselling schedule for National Eligibility Test is released by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
UG NET is conducted at various centres all over India for the candidates who wish to become a Junior Research Fellow or an Assistant Professor in Indian Colleges/Universities. Candidate must note that only those who qualify become eligible to participate in the UGC NET counselling schedule.
Certificate Verification Procedure of UGC NET 2019
- All the qualified candidates of UGC National Eligibility Test, willing to attend the counselling, have to visit the official website of UGC to check the rank-wise counselling dates.
- While participating in UGC NET counselling, candidates have to submit the NET counselling Application and Original certificates.
- To proceed further, qualified candidates also have to pay a processing fee to participate in counselling.
- After making the payment, it is advisable that the candidates preserve the UGC NET counselling fee receipt safely for future reference.
Certificates Required for UGC NET Counselling 2019
Candidates must carry the following mentioned documents for the counselling (Original and Photocopy both):
- X Class Certificate Original with at least 2 photocopies
- Original and photocopy of 12th Class
- Provisional Certificate and Original Degree Certificate of the Candidate
- Original and Photocopy of UGC NET Admit Card
- Rank Card/Score Card
- Medical documents mentioned on UGC NET Application Form
- Counseling Letter (Photocopy and Original)
- Bank Draft as mentioned in the UGC NET notification
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC and others signed by the authorized authority (If applicable)
- Four or Six recent Black and White Passport Size Photographs
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College