CDS 2019 II Application Form - How to Apply Online?
CDS II Application form has released on June 12, 2019 and will be available till July 8, 2019. Candidates who wish to apply for CDS-II are required to visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.nic.in and submit their applications.
Latest: The registration for CDS 2019 II has been started. Interested candidates can submit their applications till July 8 at upsc.gov.in. Apply Here
- The recruitment exam, CDS 2019 II is scheduled for September 8, 2019.
- Aspirants must go through the entire eligibility criteria before applying for CDS. Check CDS Eligibility
- Application fee for general category is INR 200.
- Candidates belonging to SC, ST and Female category candidates are exempted from application fee.
- Registrants will be issued their CDS Admit Card three weeks before CDS exam.
- The exam will be conducted in offline (pen and paper-based) mode. Check CDS Exam Pattern
CDS Exam is conducted twice a year in offline mode. The exam is a portal for recruitment to Permanent Commissioned Service in Indian Military, Indian Naval and Indian Airforce.
CDS 2019 II Application Dates
The official notification for CDS 2019 was released on October 31, 2018. The entire exam schedule will be released shortly!
|Event||Date (CDS 2019 II)|
|Release of CDS 2019 Application Forms||June 12, 2019|
|Last date to Apply||July 8, 2019|
|Last date to pay application fees||-|
|Availability of Admit Card||August 2019|
|CDS 2019 II Exam Date||September 8, 2019|
Check CDS Exam Syllabus
CDS Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterion for CDS is as laid down by UPSC. Applicants must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the entrance exam. The various criteria for appearing in the exam are as stated below:
Applicants that are eligible should be either-
- a Citizen of India,
- a subject of Bhutan,
- a subject of Nepal,
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1963 with the intention of permanently settling in the country, or
- an Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Ethiopia, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire or Vietnam with the intention of settling down in India permanently.
Age criterion for different institutions is as given below-
|Indian Military Academy||18-23 Years|
|Naval Academy||18-23 Years|
|Air Force Academy||20-24 Years|
|Officers’ Training Academy||18-24 Years|
Note: The Commission will only accept proof of Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or an extract from Register of Matriculates maintained by a University.
Sex and Marital Status
- IMA: Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply who are born not later than January 2, 1995 and not after January 1, 1999.
- Indian Naval Academy: Only Unmarried male candidates born before January 2, 1995 and January 1, 2000 can apply.
- Air Force Academy: Male Candidates should be born between January 2, 1995 and January 1, 1998. For applicants having a valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA, India, the upper age limit is relaxed upto 26 years. These candidates should be born between January 2, 1993 and January 1, 1998. Applicants must be unmarried if they are below 25 years of age while married applicants above 25 years of age are also eligible to apply.
- Officer’s Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Married or Unmarried candidates should be born between January 2, 1994 and January 1, 2000 in order to be eligible for this course.
- Officer’s Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical course): Unmarried women, widows who have not remarried and divorcees who have not remarried can apply only for this course. Aspirant should be born between January 2, 1994 and January 1, 2000.
Academic qualifications for various institutions are-
- I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy— Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/ Institution.
- Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- Aspirants who have professional and technical qualifications that are recognized by the government as equivalent degrees are also eligible.
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying exam of a Degree course can also apply provided they do not have any present backlog upto the last semester and can submit required documents at the time of admission.
Download Free CDS Sample Papers
How to fill CDS Application Form?
- Apply for CDS: www.upsconline.nic.in
- Availability of Form: online mode only
CDS Application form filling is a two-step procedure. In the first step, register by providing general details and academic qualifications. In the second step, individuals will have to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature and pay the application fees.
Pre-requisites for filling CDS Application Form:
- Class 10 Mark sheet and Certificate
- Class 12 Mark sheet
- Mark sheets for all the semesters of Graduation Degree
- For individuals studying in the final year of their degree course, Mark sheets of all the semesters upto the final semester.
- Scanned image of photograph and signature.
Specifications of Scanned Images of Photograph and Signature:
|Photograph||.jpg||200 dpi||3 to 40 kb||140 x 110 pixels|
|Signature||.jpg||200 dpi||3 to 40 kb||110 x 140 pixels|
Application Form can be filled up by following these steps:
Stage 1: Basic Registration
- Log on to the official site of UPSC Online and click on the Examination tab.
- Select the option of ‘Combined Defense Services Examination (I)’.
- The Part I Registration page will open.
- Aspirants will have to provide general details such as Name, Date of birth, Mailing Address, Category, etc.
- They will then have to choose their preference for IMA, NA, AFA and OTA. Preference for the various fields should be indicated using numbers 0/1/2/3/4 with 1 being the highest preference.
- Applicants must indicate whether they have obtained or likely to obtain NCC ‘C’ certificate (Sr. Division). They will also have to specify whether they are serving the armed forces.
- Candidates can then verify the information mentioned in the Application form and can modify it in case of any mismatch/ discrepancy. No changes or modifications will be permitted after this stage.
- After all the above steps are complete, individuals must print out the confirmation page of Part 1 Registration which will have their unique Registration ID and other details for reference.
Stage 2: Uploading of Documents & Fee Payment
- Select the option of ‘Part I Registration’ after completing the first part. Enter the Registration ID and Date of Birth.
- Applicants will first have to pay the application fees. They can choose any 1 out of the 3 options- Pay by Cash, Card or Pay by Net banking to pay the fees.
- The next step is to upload scanned images of Photograph and Signature. Candidates must upload their recent, passport-sized, color photograph and signature as per the desired specifications.
- Aspirants can view the uploaded images by clicking on ‘Preview’ and can confirm it once they are satisfied with quality of images.
- They will then have to select the exam centers from the drop-down menu for appearing in the CDS I 2019 Examination. All the exam centers will be allotted on first come first serve basis.
- After all the above steps are completed, a confirmation page will be generated. Candidates should take a print out of this page for future correspondence.
Payment of Application Fee
Aspirants can pay the application fees for CDS 2019 exam by cash, card or net banking. The process for rendering fees via each method is given below:
- Pay by Cash- On selecting this option, a system generated bank challan of State Bank of India will appear on the screen. Applicants must print out this challan and submit the requisite fees by cash at any branch of the bank. They must save the student copy of the challan as proof of payment.
- Pay by Debit/ Credit Card or Net banking- Aspirants can pay the fees through Debit/Credit card or through the Net Banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore. They must enter the required payment details on the bank page and save the receipt of transaction.
CDS 2019 Application Fees for various Categories are:
|General (Male Candidates)||200|
Check CDS Exam Syllabus
Details in Application Form
Candidates must enter information about the following details asked in CDS Application Form:
|Candidate’s Name||As on class 10 Marksheet|
|Gender||Choose whether Male/ Female|
|Date of Birth||In DD/MM/YYYY format|
|Father’s and Mother’s Name||As on class 10 Marksheet|
|Nationality||Choose nationality from drop-down list|
|Marital Status||Whether married/ unmarried/ widow(er)/ divorcee|
|Physically Challenged||Whether a PwD candidate or not|
|Community||Choose community from drop-down list|
|Address||Mailing and permanent address of applicants|
|E-mail ID||Valid email ID for future correspondence|
|Age relaxation claimed||Yes/ No|
|Educational qualification||Whether appearing or passed qualifying examination|
CDS Application Form FAQs
Q. After the submission of the requisite application fee, can the application be cancelled and a request for a refund be generated?
A. No, the application fees will not be refunded under any circumstance whatsoever.
Q. I am an applicant belonging to the general category. However, I selected the reserved category by mistake while applying for CDS 2019. I wish to make changes to my category. Please help.
A. The information in the form once submitted cannot be modified or edited and any request to do the same will not be entertained.
Q. Can multiple forms be submitted and the fees for one form be adjusted to the other?
A. Multiple forms can be submitted only under an unavoidable situation. However, candidates will have to pay the fees again as the fees of another form will not be adjusted for the accurate form.
Q. Are candidates who have just appeared for the qualifying examination eligible for CDS 2018?
A. YES. Aspirants who have just appeared for the qualifying exam are also eligible provided they have no backlog upto the last semester and are able to produce the required documents at the time of admission.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College