CDS II 2018 Syllabus: All the questions in the CDS entrance test are in the pattern of MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions). It is observed most of the time that the candidates don’t have much idea about the CDS 2018 Exam Pattern and syllabus. This is the only reason for not attempting the questions in the CDS entrance test. CDS II 2018 is a pen-paper based test which is scheduled for conducted on November 18.
To excel in the CDS 2018, we have garnered the complete CDS 2018 syllabus. The CDS test is divided into 3 papers namely English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics.
CDS Syllabus for English
English section tests the candidates’ understanding of English language. The English paper consists of 100 marks and it is an objective test. This section comprises basic grammar, antonyms, synonyms, marking the correct sentence among the wrong choices and alike.
Given below are the topics to prepare English section for CDS 2018 entrance exam.
|Synonyms||Word substitution||Ordering of sentences|
|Spotting Errors||Selecting Words||Ordering of words in a sentence|
Best Books for English Paper
- Objective General English by Arihant
- Objective General English by RS Aggarwal
- Word Power Made Easy: Norman Lewis
Prepare Better With CDS Question Papers
CDS Syllabus for General Knowledge
The questions in CDS General Knowledge paper are based on current affairs, History of India, Geography, Politics, and Economy. A regular update of past few months is necessary to score well in this section. In the following table, topics are mentioned on which questions are asked.
|Economics||Physics||Current Awareness |
|History ||Defence related||Award|
|Statement true/false|| --||-- |
Best Books for General Knowledge
- Manorama Yearbook 2018
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Competition in Focus (Half Yearly and Yearly)
Read More CDS Paper 1 Analysis
CDS Syllabus for Elementary Mathematics
Mathematics section is thought-out as a scoring CDS Exam. To score good marks, candidates should know its complete syllabus. Mathematics paper consists questions from arithmetic, algebra, mensuration, geometry, trigonometry and statistics. Given below is the detailed syllabus, on which questions are based on:
- Algebra: Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M. Set language and set notation, rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices. Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions.
- Trigonometry: Simple cases of heights and distances. Use of trigonometric tables. Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when fn< x < 90° Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90° Simple trigonometric identities.
- Geometry: Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Sides and angles of a triangle, Similar triangles, Concurrence of medians and altitudes, Congruency of triangles, Theorems on Properties of angles at a point Parallel lines, Properties of angles, rectangle and square Circles and its properties including tangents and Normals, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, Loci.
- Mensuration: Areas of squares, parallelograms, rectangles, triangle and circle. Surface area and volume of cuboids, Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
- Statistics: Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation, pie charts, histograms, bar charts, frequency polygons, etc. Measures of central tendency.
|Number System||Simple interest||HCF&LCM of polynomials||Area|
|HCF & LCM of numbers||Compound interest||Linear Equations in one and two Variables||Surface area and volume of solids|
|Decimal fraction||Ratio and proportion||Quadratic Equations and Inequations||Lines and angles|
|Square roots and cube roots||Average||Set theory||Triangles|
|Time and distance||Profit and loss||Measurement of angles and trigonometric measurement||Quadrilateral and polygon|
|Time and Work||logarithm||Height and distance||Circle|
|percentage||Basic operations and factorization||Ratio Expressions||Statistical Data Analysis|
|Locus|| --||--||-- |
Best Books for Elementary Mathematics
- Arihant Pathfinder
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Verma
- Mathematics for CDS by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude for examinations paperback 2018 by RS Aggarwal
CDS 2018 Important Instructions
- Write only in Black ballpoint pen, your Centre and subject followed by the CDS 2018 test booklet series (in bracket), subject code and CDS 2018 roll number at the appropriate space provided on the answer sheet at the top.
- Encode your CDS 2018 booklet series (A, B, C, or D as the case may be), subject code and roll number in the circles provided for the purpose in the answer sheet.
- In case the CDS 2018 booklet series is not printed on the test booklet or answer sheet is un-numbered then candidates should report immediately to the invigilator and get the test booklet/answer sheet replaced.
- Candidates should note that any omission/mistakes/discrepancy in encoding/filling of details in the CDS 2018 OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to the Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
- Immediately after the commencement of the CDS 2018 please check that the test booklet supplied to you does not have any unprinted or torn or missing pages or items etc., if so, get it replaced by a complete test booklet of the same series and subject.
- Do not write your name or anything other than the specific items of information asked for, on the CDS 2018 answer sheet/test booklet/sheet for rough work.
- Do not fold or damage or put any extraneous marking over the CDS 2018 Answer Sheet. Do not write anything on the reverse of the answer sheet.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College