CEED 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus and Cut off
CEED 2019 or Common Entrance Exam for Design is a common entrance examination for admission to Master of Design (M.Des) and Ph.D (Design) programmes at various IITs. The objective of CEED is to assess a candidate’s aptitude for design involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, etc.
- CEED 2019 Application Form is available till November 9, 2019 (Without late fee).
- A candidate must possess a Bachelors degree in Engineering/Architecture/ Design/ Interior Design and satisfy the CEED 2019 Eligibility Criteria to apply for CEED
- CEED 2019 will be held on January 19, 2019.
- Candidate can download the CEED 2019 Admit Card from the official website
- The admit card for CEED 2019 is a necessary document to be carried to CEED Exam Center
- The exam will be held in two parts- A & B.
- CEED 2019 Exam Pattern is divided into two parts. Part A is online test which contains objective type questions that will include design aptitude questions for evaluating a candidate’s Visualisation and Spatial Ability, Observation and Design Sensitivity, Environmental and Social Awareness, etc.
- In Part B, questions are displayed on computer screen and answers are to be written on an Answer Sheet which will be returned back to invigilator when examination over. Questions in Part B are aimed at testing design, drawing and writing skills.
Part A is qualifying in nature, while the marks in Part B will form the actual merit list. The final CEED 2019 Result will release in March 4, 2019. All selected candidates will be able to download their CEED Score Cards from the official website.
Highlights of CEED 2019
|Name of Examination||Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED)|
|Date of Examination||January 19, 2019|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Courses Offered||Master of Design (M.Des) and Ph.D (Design)|
|Mode of Examination||Online and Offline|
|No. of Seats Available||Approx. 200|
|In case of firstname.lastname@example.org|
CEED 2019 Exam Dates
Here is a tentative schedule of CEED 2019 Dates. Candidates must keep a tab of these. We will update you as soon as the official notification comes out.
|Submission of CEED 2019 Application Form with Regular Fee||October 9 - November 9, 2018|
|Submission of CEED 2019 Application Form with Late Fee||November 10 - Nov 16, 2018|
|Availability of CEED 2019 Admit Card||January 1, 2018|
|CEED 2019 Exam Date||January 19, 2019|
|Availability of CEED 2019 Answer Key||January 25, 2019|
|Last date for reporting errors in Answer Kry||January 31, 2019|
|Release of Updated Answer Key||February 4, 2019|
|Declaration of CEED 2019 Result||March 4, 2019|
|Availability of CEED Score Card||March 4, 2019|
CEED 2019 Eligibility
There are certain conditions that a candidate has to fulfil before filling the application form. CEED 2019 Eligibility Criteria lays out various academic and age limit conditions as given below.
- Candidate must have passed a Graduation Level Degree / Diploma / Post Graduate Degree Programme of 4 years or 3+2 (after 10+2)
- Candidate who is appearing in Final Examination of the above programmes by July, 2019 OR
- Candidate must have passed GD Arts Diploma Programme (10+5 Level by July, 2019)
- There is no Age Limit for admission to M.Des and Ph.d programme offered by CEED 2019 participating Colleges.
- Candidates appearing the qualifying examination can also fill CEED application form.
Number of Attempts
- Candidates can appear CEED any number of times.
Note: Eligibility for securing minimum marks may be different as per the institutions. Please check it on the website of the concerned institution before selection of institution.
CEED 2019 Application Form
- CEED 2019 Application Form is available on the official website.
- Application Form has to be downloaded and submitted ONLINE only. There is no other option available.
- Official website for CEED 2019 Application Form is www.ceediitb.ac.in
How to Apply for CEED 2019?
Downloading and submission of CEED 2019 Application Form is a very simple task and can be performed perfectly remembering some facts about pre-arrangement all documents required to be uploaded with the application form for CEED 2019. Step by step guidelines for submitting CEED 2019 application form as follows:
Step 1- Keep Ready all Important Documents
Required documents are:
- Recent Photograph: After Scanning and save it in .jpg file format
- Scanned copy of Signature in .jpg file format
- Scanned copy of Academic Records / Certificates
- Certificate of Category Sc / St / OBC NCL: Scan and save it in .pdf file format. Certificate for OBC NCL will be accepted if issued after April 1, 2016.
- Candidate whose name is not the same as the name on degree/diploma certificate should produce a gazette notification, marriage certificate or scanned page of passport showing the change of name (.pdf format)
- Bank Account Information / Credit Card / Debit Card
Step 2- Registration
- Visit the Official Website of CEED 2019 to register
- Enter a valid e-mail ID and mobile number.
- Verify the e-mail ID and save the password received on the mobile number
Step 3- Form Filling and Uploading Documents
- Log in using the E-mail ID and Password received.
- Enter the personal, academic and communication details in CEED 2019 Application form
- Choose and mention 3 CEED 2019 Exam Centers.
- Upload the photograph, signature and required certificates.
- Review and click on ‘Pay fee and Submit’.
Step 4- Fee Payment
- Post clicking on Pay Fee and Submit, you are redirected to Bill desk for payment process.
- Enter the account number in case of Internet Banking, Card number and CVV number for Debit Card and Card number and PIN for Credit Card users.
- Verify and click on Pay to complete the payment process.
Prescribed Application fee for CEED 2019 is:
|Category of Applicant||Fee Amount|
|All Woman Applicant||INR 1100|
|ST / SC / PwD Applicant||INR 1100|
|All Other Applicant||INR 2200|
|Late fee for all applicants||INR 500 additional with Regular Fee|
CEED 2019 Admit Card
- Admit Card for CEED 2019 will be available from January 1, 2019 onwards.
- Eligible candidates will have to be downloaded online. Admit card will not be sent to any candidate via mail or post.
- Details contained on the admit card are name of candidate, date of birth, roll number, photograph, signature, examination date, examination time, examination venue
- With CEED 2019 Admit Card, a candidate must also carry one of these documents- Passport, Driving Licence, College Identity Card, Voter ID, Adhar Card or PAN Card.
How to Download CEED 2019 Admit Card?
- Visit the official website: www.ceediitb.ac.in
- Click on ‘Download 2019 Admit Card’
- A login page will open
- Enter registered email address and password
- Admit Card will be displayed
- Save it and take print
CEED 2019 Exam Center
- The conducting body of CEED decides to conduct the examination in various centers across India in many cities.
- Candidates can choose 3 cities in order of preference at the time of filling in the application form for CEED 2019.
- Once the application form is submitted, change in examination center is not possible. No request in this matter will be entertained.
Here are CEED 2019 Exam Centers for your reference:
|CEED 2019 Exam Centers|
CEED 2019 Exam Pattern
CEED 2019 Exam Pattern includes two parts, A & B and total duration of the examination is 3 hours. Candidates who clear Part A will be eligible to appear for Part B of the exam. The duration of Part A is 1 hour. The duration of Part B is 2 hours. Part B will start only after Part A ends.
Part A is conducted online and carries a total of 100 marks. It contains 3 sections as given below:
- Section I (total 30 marks) contains a total of 10 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. For these questions, the answer is a number that needs to be entered using the virtual keyboard on the monitor. No choices will be shown for these questions. Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks. Questions not attempted will be awarded zero marks. There is NO NEGATIVE Marking for this section or partial marking for this section.
- Section II (total 20 marks) contains a total of 10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQs). Each MSQ has four choices of which one or more is/are the correct answer(s). Candidate gets 2 marks only if she / he select all the correct answers for a given MSQ. Questions not attempted will be awarded zero marks. There is NO NEGATIVE Marking for this section or partial marking for this section.
- Section III (total 50 marks) contains 25 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Each MCQ has four choices of which only one is the correct answer. In this section, each correct answer will be awarded 2 marks and NEGATIVE Marking applies in this section so each wrong answer will be awarded -0.6 marks. Questions not attempted will be awarded zero marks.
Part B carries a total of 100 marks. It contains 8 questions. You may choose to answer any ONE of Questions 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Questions 6, 7 and 8 are mandatory.
- Each question must be answered on the page(s) designated for that question in the answer book.
- Additional instructions to Part B questions are provided in the answer book.
- In Part B, colour pencils, crayons, sketch pens etc. may be used unless otherwise specified in the questions.
CEED 2019 Syllabus
CEED Syllabus is different for both the parts- A & B. Candidates must prepare according to the CEED Syllabus, gaining extensive knowledge about each of the topics. Read them below:
|Visualization and Spatial Ability||Pattern and Design of Paper Folding Materials and Type of Texture, Texture Making Materials, Production Materials, Decoration Materials - Flooring, Cladding (protective material which covers the surface of something), Wall Protection and Decoration - Paints, Plasters etc. Conventional/Unconventional Materials for Construction, Design and Decoration, Optical Illusion (2D/3D objects and understanding)|
|Observation and Design Sensitivity||Logos and Punch lines , Type of Logos, Designs of Logos Chronology, Hidden meanings in logos, Punch lines Perspective, Colour Theory and Line Theory, Elements of Design, Principles of Design, Colour Psychology and Significance, Photography Evolution of Camera, Type of Cameras, Camera and Its functioning Technologies and terms Accessories, Photography Glossary, Typography Element and Principles of Design Lines, Shape, Form, Colour, Pattern, Texture.|
|Environmental and Social Awareness||History of Indian Art/Design, An overview of World Art, Art and Architecture, Social and Cultural relation with Art/Design, Environmentally Sustainable Designs, Indian Cultural Background & Famous Structures, Musical instruments , Musical Maestros, Dance forms, Crafts and Dresses.|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||Arguments, Assumptions, Course of Action, Assertion and Reasoning, Causes and Effect, Analogies, Direction and Distance, Mathematical Tricks, Cubes, Linear and Matrix Arrangement, Syllogism (a process of logic in which two general statements lead to a more particular statement) Punch Line.|
|Language and Creativity||Language and Creativity in CEED syllabus is basically on General English Language understanding but creativity adds some more aspects related to expressions and its understanding. Questions cover some part of English Grammar like Tenses, Verb, Active-Passive, Articles, and Sentence Structure, Paragraph etc. Besides this word power, vocabulary enrichment, creative use of words and innovative construction of sentences are also covered in this section.|
|Design Thinking and Problem Solving||This is related to imagining, visualizing and developing creative designing features like Signs, Symbols, Maps, Structures, Images and Analogy etc. Besides this, questions test ability to identifying problem, find out alternatives, idea generation and development, selection of feasible options. Elements of Design, Principles of design, Design Themes (new) Choice of product concepts suitable for small and large scale production. Visual concepts-Relativity-spatial awareness-spatial continuity, Development of new product/ & creative ideas based on analytical observation of problems from daily life situations.|
- Drawing: Ability to draw different shapes, symbols, shades, draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
- Creativity: Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills: Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and process and their appropriate use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots and stories, etc.
CEED 2019 Result
- CEED 2019 Result is expected to be declared in March 4, 2019.
- It can be obtained from its official website: www.ceediitb.ac.in
- Before the declaration of the result, CEED 2019 Answer key will be uploaded in January 2019.
- If there is any doubt, it can be sent for clarification or correction to the concerned authority.
- After corrections, an updated Answer Key will be re-uploaded in February 2019.
- CEED 2019 Result will be displayed in the form of a score card. It will be valid for a year.
How to download CEED 2019 Score Card?
- Visit the official website of CEED i.e. ceediitb.ac.in
- Click on ‘Check CEED Result’
- Login with registered Email Id and Password
- Download it and save for further use
CEED 2019 Cut Off
Part A is a qualifying exam. If a candidate secures the minimum qualifying marks in Part A, his Part B test paper will be checked. For being shortlisted in Part A minimum percentage of marks required are mentioned below:
|Category||Minimum % Marks for being Shortlisted|
|SC / ST / PwD||5%|
Part B answer books will be evaluated manually for the candidates who are shortlisted from part A. Only part B scores will be used for preparing the list of qualified candidates (merit list) in CEED 2019. CEED 2019 Cutoff will be published on this page as soon as any participating institute announces it. Every participating institute of CEED releases its separate cutoff. CEED Cut off depends on various factors like.
- Number of Applicants
- Number of Seats for offered programme
- Applicants applying for what programme
- Minimum qualifying marks as per the institutions
CEED 2019 FAQs
Ques. Do I have to submit a print of my online application form?
Ans. No. You are advised to keep the printout of filled-in application for further use.
Ques. When will I receive my admit card?
Ans. You can expect your admit card by the third week of December 2017. You can obtain it from the official website.
Ques. How can I make my application fee payment?
Ans. Online mode is available for making payment through your credit card/debit card and net banking.
Ques. CEED Score is valid for how long?
Ans. Your score will be valid for a year only.
Ques. Who can I contact in case of queries/ questions?
Ans. You may contact the Chairperson of IIT Bombay at email@example.com or call him on +91 22 25769093.
Ques. How many exam centers can I choose?
Ans. A candidate has to compulsorily choose 3 exam centers at the time of form-filling. They can choose them in their order of prefernce.
Ques. When and how will I know the status of my application?
Ans. The status of your application will be put up on the CEED Application website. You have to login with the email id and password you used to enter the application form.
Ques. What are the permissible/non-permissible items at the Test Centre?
- Calculators, Electronic diary, mobile phone, and any such electronic gadgets, blank papers, clip boards and log-tables are not allowed in the examination venue.
- A candidate has to bring his/her own pencils of different grades (e.g. H, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B etc.), sketch pens, poster colors, and other drawing materials for the examination. No drawing sheets have to be brought.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College