CEED 2021 Results has been released on March 8, 2021. Candidates can access their results on the official website of CEED. Admission will be offered based on CEED 2021 Scores and interviews. A candidate needs to clear all the rounds from appearing for the exam to interview to be eligible for admissions. Check CEED 2021 Results
CEED 2021 Final Answer Key for Part A has been released on Jan 31, 2021, by IIT Bombay. Candidates can visit ceed.iitb.ac.in/2021 to check Final Answer Key. Candidates’ scores will be based on CEED final answer key.
CEED 2021 is a national level entrance examination conducted by IIT Bombay for admission to Master of Design (M.Des) and PhD (Design) programs offered at various IITs and IISC Bangalore. This year, the exam was conducted successfully on January 17, 2021 from 9 AM to 12 Noon.
- CEED 2021 Paper Analysis is available based on student reactions.
- The Question paper was divided into two parts – Part A and Part B.
- Part A was qualifying in nature, while the marks in Part B formed the actual merit list. Check CEED 2021 Exam Pattern
Latest Updates on CEED 2021
- Jan 31: CEED 2021 Final Answer Key Released by IIT Bombay.
- Jan 27: CEED 2021 Scores will be now be accepted by VIT University and Central Institute of Technology.
CEED 2021 Highlights
The key points about CEED 2021 are highlighted below:
|Name of Examination||Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED)|
|Conducting Body||IIT Bombay|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Courses Offered||Master of Design (M.Des) and Ph.D (Design)|
|Mode of Examination||Online and Offline|
|No. of Seats Available||Approx. 200|
|In case of email@example.com|
IIT, Bombay has announced the exam dates for CEED 2020 as tabulated below:
|CEED 2020 Registration Starts||September 09, 2020|
|CEED 2020 Registration Ends||October 10, 2020|
|CEED 2020 Registration Ends (With Late fee of 500)||November 17, 2020|
|CEED 2020 Admit card||January 01, 2021|
|CEED and UCEED 2020 Exam Date||January 17, 2021|
|CEED 2021 Draft Answer Key Release Date||January 21, 2021|
|CEED 2021 Final Answer Key||January 31, 2021 (Out)|
|CEED 2021 Result||March 8, 2021|
CEED 2021 Answer Key
IIT Bombay has released the final CEED 2021 Answer Key for part A on January 31, 2021. Students can visit the official website to download CEED question paper and answer key.
How to Download CEED 2021 Answer Key?
- Visit the official website at ceediitb.ac.in
- Click on the link for CEED 2021 Question Paper and Answer Key
- The Answer Key will be displayed
- Download the answer key
CEED 2021 Result
- CEED 2021 Result will be declared on March 8, 2021.
- It can be obtained from its official website: www.ceediitb.ac.in
- If there is any doubt, it can be sent for clarification or correction to the concerned authority.
- After corrections, an updated Answer Key will be re-uploaded in February 2021.
- CEED 2021 Result will be displayed in the form of a score card. It will be valid for a year.
How to download CEED 2020 Score Card?
- Visit the official website of CEED i.e. ceediitb.ac.in
- Click on ‘Check CEED Result’
- Login with registered Email Id and Password
- Download it and save for further use
CEED 2021 Cutoff
Part A is a qualifying exam. If a candidate secures the minimum qualifying marks in Part A, his Part B test paper will be checked. For being shortlisted in Part A minimum percentage of marks required are mentioned below:
|Category||Minimum % Marks for being Shortlisted|
|SC / ST / PwD||5%|
Part B answer books will be evaluated manually for the candidates who are shortlisted from part A. Only part B scores will be used for preparing the list of qualified candidates (merit list) in CEED 2020. CEED 2020 Cutoff will be published on this page as soon as any participating institute announces it. Every participating institute of CEED releases its separate cutoff. CEED Cut off depends on various factors like.
- Number of Applicants
- Number of Seats for offered programme
- Applicants applying for what programme
- Minimum qualifying marks as per the institutions
CEED 2021 Paper Analysis
Candidates found CEED 2021 moderately difficult. During the examination, most of the candidates found Part B a bit tricky and felt that they required more time for the same.
Number of questions
Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
Multiple Select Question (MSQ)
Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
CEED Exam Analysis
- CEED 2021 consisted of two parts - Part A and Part B. In Part A, questions were asked from the topics observation and design sensitivity, language and creativity, visualization and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning and design thinking & problem-solving.
- Part B consisted of 5 questions testing the candidate’s drawing and writing skills.
- For each correct answer, 3 marks will be given in NAT & MSQ and 2 marks in the MCQ section of Part A.
- There wll be no negative marking for the NAT section. However, −0.2 and −0.5 will be deducted for each wrong answer of MSQ and MCQ section respectively.
- Admit Card for CEED 2021 has been made available from January 01, 2021.
- Eligible candidates will have to download CEED 2021 Admit Card online. It will not be sent to any candidate via mail or post.
- Details contained on the admit card are name of candidate, date of birth, roll number, photograph, signature, examination date, examination time, examination venue
- With CEED 2021 Admit Card, a candidate must also carry one of these documents- Passport, Driving Licence, College Identity Card, Voter ID, Adhar Card or PAN Card.
How to Download CEED 2021 Admit Card?
- Visit the official website: www.ceediitb.ac.in
- Click on ‘Download 2020 Admit Card’
- A login page will open
- Enter registered email address and password
- Admit Card will be displayed
- Save it and take print
CEED 2021 Exam Center
- The conducting body of CEED decides to conduct the examination in various centers across India in many cities.
- Candidates can choose 3 cities in order of preference at the time of filling in the application form for CEED 2021.
- A city may have more than one examination center. Once the application form is submitted, change in examination center is not possible. No request in this matter will be entertained.
Here are CEED 2021 Exam Centers for your reference:
|CEED 2021 Exam Centers|
CEED 2021 Exam Pattern includes two parts, A & B and total duration of the examination is 3 hours. Candidates who clear Part A will be eligible to appear for Part B of the exam. The duration of Part A is 1 hour. The duration of Part B is 2 hours. Part B will start only after Part A ends.
- Marks obtained in Part A will be used to shortlist candidates.
- Part B answer books will be evaluated manually for the candidates who are shortlisted from Part A. In Part B, there will be 5 questions of total of 100 marks. There will not be any optional questions.
- Part A is an online test that contains multiple-choice questions that will include design aptitude questions for evaluating a candidate’s Visualisation and Spatial Ability, Observation and Design Sensitivity, Environmental and Social Awareness, etc.
- In Part B, questions are displayed on the computer screen and answers are to be written on an answer sheet. Questions in Part B are aimed at testing design, drawing and writing skills.
The final CEED score will be calculated by giving 25% weightage to marks obtained in Part A marks and 75% weightage to scores obtained in Part B.
CEED Syllabus is different for both the parts- A & B. Candidates must prepare according to the CEED Syllabus, gaining extensive knowledge about each of the topics. Read them below:
|Visualization and Spatial Ability||Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and / or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.|
|Observation and Design Sensitivity||Ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.|
|Environmental and Social Awareness||General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design response. History of art, sculpture and literature.|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||Ability to analyse given information logically and select the most appropriate soiutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguements or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.|
|Language and Creativity||Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.|
|Design Thinking and Problem Solving||Ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.|
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective and shading.
- Creativity: Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills: Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and process and their appropriate use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots and stories, etc.
There are certain conditions that a candidate has to fulfil before filling the application form. CEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria lays out various academic and age limit conditions as given below.
- Candidate must have passed a Graduation Level Degree / Diploma / Post Graduate Degree Programme of minimum 3 years or 3+2 (after 10+2)
- Candidate who is appearing in Final Examination of the above programmes by July, 2021 OR
- Candidate must have passed GD Arts Diploma Programme (10+5 Level by July, 2021)
CEED Age Limit
- There is no Age Limit for admission to M.Des and Ph.d programme offered by CEED 2021 participating Colleges.
- Candidates appearing the qualifying examination can also fill CEED application form.
Number of Attempts
- Candidates can appear CEED any number of times.
Note: Eligibility for securing minimum marks may be different as per the institutions. Please check it on the website of the concerned institution before selection of institution.
- CEED 2021 Application Form is available on the official website.
- Application Form has to be downloaded and submitted ONLINE only. There is no other option available.
- Official website for CEED 2021 Application Form is ceediitb.ac.in
Pre-requisites for CEED Registration
- Recent Photograph: After Scanning and save it in .jpg file format
- Scanned copy of Signature in .jpg file format
- Scanned copy of Academic Records / Certificates
- Certificate of Category Sc / St / OBC NCL: Scan and save it in .pdf file format. Certificate for OBC NCL will be accepted if issued after April 1, 2019.
- Candidate whose name is not the same as the name on degree/diploma certificate should produce a gazette notification, marriage certificate or scanned page of passport showing the change of name (.pdf format)
- Bank Account Information / Credit Card / Debit Card
How to Apply for CEED 2021?
Downloading and submission of CEED 2021 Application Form is a very simple task and can be performed perfectly remembering some facts about pre-arrangement all documents required to be uploaded with the application form for CEED 2021.
Step 1- Registration
- Visit the Official Website of CEED 2021 to register
- Enter a valid e-mail ID and mobile number.
- Verify the e-mail ID and save the password received on the mobile number
Step 2- Form Filling and Uploading Documents
- Log in using the E-mail ID and Password received.
- Enter the personal, academic and communication details in CEED 2021 Application form
- Choose and mention 3 CEED 2021 Exam Centers.
- Upload the photograph, signature and required certificates.
- Review and click on ‘Pay fee and Submit’.
Step 3- Fee Payment
- Post clicking on Pay Fee and Submit, you are redirected to Bill desk for payment process.
- Enter the account number in case of Internet Banking, Card number and CVV number for Debit Card and Card number and PIN for Credit Card users.
- Verify and click on Pay to complete the payment process.
Prescribed Application fee for CEED 2021 is:
|Category of Applicant||Fee Amount|
|All Woman Applicant||INR 1300|
|ST / SC / PwD Applicant||INR 1300|
|All Other Applicant||INR 2600|
|Late fee for all applicants||INR 500 additional with Regular Fee|
Ques. Do I have to submit a print of my online application form?
Ans. No. You are advised to keep the printout of filled-in application for further use.
Ques. When will I receive my admit card?
Ans. You can download your admit card from January 01, 2020. You can obtain it from the official website.
Ques. How can I make my application fee payment?
Ans. Online mode is available for making payment through your credit card/debit card and net banking.
Ques. CEED Score is valid for how long?
Ans. Your score will be valid for a year only.
Ques. Who can I contact in case of queries/ questions?
Ans. You may contact the Chairperson of IIT Bombay at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on +91 22 25769093.
Ques. How many exam centers can I choose?
Ans. A candidate has to compulsorily choose 3 exam centers at the time of form-filling. They can choose them in their order of prefernce.
Ques. When and how will I know the status of my application?
Ans. The status of your application will be put up on the CEED Application website. You have to login with the email id and password you used to enter the application form.
Ques. What are the permissible/non-permissible items at the Test Centre?
- Calculators, Electronic diary, mobile phone, and any such electronic gadgets, blank papers, clip boards and log-tables are not allowed in the examination venue.
- A candidate has to bring his/her own pencils of different grades (e.g. H, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B etc.), sketch pens, poster colors, and other drawing materials for the examination. No drawing sheets have to be brought.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.