CEED 2021 Application Forms are available online from September 09, 2020. The registration window for CEED 2021 has been extended again and candidates can now apply till Nov 17, 2020, with an applicable late fee of Rs 500 additionally. Moreover, PwD candidates could request a compensatory time for CEED 2021 until Dec 24, 2020, In case they couldn't do it, they can report to the CEED representative at exam center an hour prior to the exam.
- Candidates should stay updated about the CEED 2020 eligibility criteria.
- CEED registration form must be submitted ONLINE ONLY through the official website.
- CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) is a national level examination conducted by IIT Bombay on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
- It offers admission to M.Des and PhD programs in design into renowned institutes like IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Hyderabad and many other institutions.
Table of Contents
CEED 2021 Application Form Dates
CEED Application process has begun from September 9, 2020. Aspirants must browse the official website for updates about the ongoing processes of the exam. Important dates regarding CEED 2021 Application process are given as below:
|Submission of CEED 2021 Application Form with Regular Fee||Nov 10, 2020|
|Submission of CEED 2021 Application Form with Late Fee of Rs 500||Nov 17, 2020 (Extended)|
|Availability of CEED 2021 Admit Cards||January 1, 2021, onwards|
|Last Date for Corrections of discrepancies in the Admit Card||January 05, 2021|
|CEED 2021 Exam Date||January 17, 2021|
CEED 2021 Eligibility CriteriaEligibility criterion for CEED 2020 is as laid down by IIT Bombay. Individuals must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the entrance exam. Applications of aspirants who are not eligible may be liable for rejection. The various criteria for appearing in the exam are as stated as follows: There is no minimum age or upper age requirement prescribed to be a data-cke-saved-href=">Eligible for CEED 2021 and to apply for any course through the exam.
Number of times an aspirant can appear for CEED 2021:
Students can appear for the exam any number of times.
Candidates must possess or are appearing in the final examination of any one of the following academic qualifications to be eligible for the entrance exam:
- A degree / diploma / post graduate degree programme of minimum 3 years (after 10 + 2 level), or must be appearing for the final examination of such a program by July 2020.
- Must have passed the GD Arts diploma programme (10 + 5 level) by July 2021.
Eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes may differ from the eligibility criteria for appearing for CEED. Before applying for CEED, candidates are advised to check whether they meet the required eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes.
How to Fill CEED 2021 Application Form?
CEED 2021 Application Form is available on the official website ceed.iitb.ac.in. Application forms can be submitted only through the online mode. Only those individuals who apply for the test by paying the prescribed application fees can appear for the test. CEED 2021 application process comprises of 4 main steps- Registration, Filling of Application Form, Uploading Documents and Payment of Fees.
Pre-requisites for filling CEED 2021 Application Form-
- Valid mobile number and email ID
- Class 10th Mark sheet and 12th Mark sheet
- Mark sheets for all the semesters of Graduation Degree
- Scanned images of Photograph, Signature, Category certificate, PwD certificate, Eligibility certificate and certificate of Professional Experience
Candidates can fill the form by utilizing the steps that are mentioned below:
Step 1: Registration
- Log on to the official website and click on the link ‘Apply for CEED 2021’ to begin the online registration process.
- Applicants will be required to provide their valid email address and a mobile number for the purpose of registration.
- An email will be sent to the registered email ID. Candidates must verify their email address by clicking on the provided link.
- A password will be sent via SMS to the registered mobile number.
- Aspirants must use this password and the registered email ID as login credentials on the applicant’s login page.
Step 2: Application Form
- Candidates must login using the password provided to them along with the registered email ID.
- The application form will appear on the screen. Individuals will have to fill up personal details (name, gender, date of birth, religion, etc.), qualification details and communication details (address, email ID and mobile number). They will be given an application ID upon submission of this form.
- Aspirants will also be required to choose a security question-answer and 3 examination centers in order of preference.
Step 3: Uploading Images and Documents
- Applicants must upload scanned images of their passport sized photograph, signature, category certificate, PwD certificate, eligibility certificate and professional experience certificate.
- The format and resolution of the scanned copies of photograph and signature files should be as follows:
|Image||Format||Max resolution in pixels||Min resolution in pixels|
|Photograph||.jpg||640 x 480||320 x 240|
|Signature||.jpg||300 x 800||150 x 400|
- The size and resolution of the scanned copies of the certificates should be as prescribed by the organizing body and in .pdf format.
- The file should be saved in the name-
_filename.jpg or .pdf (for certificates).
Step 4: Payment of Application Fees
- Each applicant must pay the non-refundable application fees CEED 2021. The fees can be paid through the online mode only. Individuals can pay the fees using Debit/ Credit card or Net Banking.
- They must enter the required payment details on the bank page, save the receipt of transaction and print it out.
- After completing all the above steps, a confirmation page will be generated. Aspirants must take a print out of this page for future correspondence.
CEED 2020 Application Fees for various Categories are:
|General Candidates||INR 2,600|
|Female Candidates||INR 1,300|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||INR 1,300|
Note: This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Registration fee has to be paid through the payment option provided on the website while submitting the registration form. Detailed instructions related to the payment of registration fee are given on the online registration portal. Credit card, debit card, and net-banking options are available.
Registration fee shown above DOES NOT INCLUDE service and other charges and the processing fees that the banks may levy. A late fee of INR 500 is applicable to ALL candidates for registrations submitted after the regular closing date till October 17, 2020.
Details in CEED 2021 Application Form
Candidates will be required to enter information about the following details asked in CEED 2021 Application Form:
|Candidate's Name||As on class 10th Mark sheet|
|Gender||Choose whether Male/ Female|
|Date of Birth||In DD/MM/YYYY format|
|Father’s and Mother’s Name||As on class 10th Mark sheet|
|Nationality||Choose nationality from drop down list|
|Physically Challenged||Whether a PwD candidate or not|
|Community||Choose community from drop down list|
|Address||Mailing and permanent address of applicants|
|E-mail ID||Valid email ID for future correspondence|
|Age relaxation claimed||Yes/ No|
|Educational qualification||Whether appearing or passed qualifying examination|
|Security question and answer||Choose question from drop down list|
How to Retrieve Application Number or Password?
Aspirants will be allotted an application number for CEED 2021 during the registration and application process. In case a candidate forgets his application ID; he can follow the steps given below to retrieve the same:
- Visit the official CEED 2021 website and go to the login credentials page.
- Enter the registered email ID and password.
- The application form with the application number and all other details will appear. Note it down for further correspondence.
If an aspirant forgets his password, then the steps involved in retrieving it are given below:
- Go to the registered candidate’s login page and enter your registered email ID.
- Click on ‘Forgot Password’.
- Applicants will be required to re-enter their email ID as also their registered mobile number.
- A new password will be generated which will be sent to aspirants through email or SMS.
CEED Exam Application FAQs
Q. After submission of application, am I permitted to change my Examination City?
A. Requests for change of center of examination may be permitted for a valid reason. Aspirants must send a request to the office of the Chairperson, CEED 2021, IIT Bombay before the stipulated time.
Q. Final result/ Mark sheet of qualifying examination is not available due to delay in publication of result. Is such a candidate eligible for CEED 2021?
A. Yes. Candidates awaiting their result are eligible for the exam provided they can submit the mark sheet at reporting centre during admission.
Q. After the submission of the prescribed application fees, can the application be cancelled and a request for a refund be generated?
A. NO, the application fees are non-transferable and non refundable. It will not be refunded under any situation whatsoever.
Q. Are candidates required to send the hard copy of the application form and necessary documents by post to the organizing body?
A. NO. Aspirants will be required to upload documents and certificates online only and will not have to send it by post to the authority.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.