The Consortium of NLUs has released CLAT 2020 result on October 5, 2020. The counselling process is set to begin on October 9, 2020 post which the seat allotment process will take place. However, with the release of CLAT result, students who topped CLAT 2020 in both UG and PG programs have been published. Read the article to know CLAT 2020 Toppers. Read more about CLAT 2020 Counselling
Check your rank using CLAT 2020 Rank Predictor
CLAT 2020 Toppers for UG
|Rank||CLAT 2020 hall ticket number||Name of the candidate ||Scores obtained in CLAT 2020|
|02||C028010463||Adya Singh||120.75 marks|
|03||C028040254||Jai Singh Rathor||120.25 marks|
|04||C188030178 ||Div Kr Singh||119.25 marks|
|05||C028020900||Anand Kumar||117 marks|
|06||C198031807||Shailja Beria||110.5 marks|
|07||C142010171||Anhad Kaur Mehta||108.5 marks|
|08||C028070383||Ritik raj||107.5 marks|
|09||C187020178 ||Ayush Singh Tomar||106.75 marks|
|10||C152010028||Shantanu ||104 marks|
CLAT 2020 PG Toppers
|S.no||CLAT 2020 hall ticket number||Name of the candidate ||Scores obtained in CLAT 2020|
|01||C101010022||Kaumudi Umrao||72 marks|
|02||C101010365 ||Abhisheel Jaiswal||72 marks|
|03||C049020186||Ankur Bishnoi ||69 marks|
|05||C054010005||Sahil Mathur||67.5 marks|
|06||C132020031||Anwesha Choudhury||67.25 marks|
|07||C099010047 ||Rajeev Kumar Singh Rajawat||67 marks|
|08||C103010072||Kartik Chamadia||65.25 marks|
|09||C181110046||Prachi Verma ||65 marks|
|10||C150010246||Neha Shree Bhatnagar||63.75 marks|
CLAT Preparation Tips by 2019 Toppers
Since CLAT 2020 is approaching soon, it’s time to start revising the content in a more dedicated way. We have prepared a list of preparation tips and strategies of CLAT toppers that will give help in getting a better idea of how CLAT toppers prepared, what strategies did they follow and what mistakes can be avoided to get a good score.
- By knowing CLAT 2019 Toppers Preparation Strategies, the aspirants can create their own strategy for better results
- Prepare useful tips and get a detailed understanding of various subjects by the toppers and gather much more information.
CLAT Topper’s Tips – Saumya Singh (CLAT 2019 & AILET 2019; AIR 1)
Saumya Singh got the first position in both CLAT 2019 and AILET 2019, by obtaining an AIR 1, and a score of 177.25. Beneath we are discussing some valuable tips (in questionnaire form) shared by Saumya that can prove to be useful for CLAT 2020 aspirants.
Question – How did you manage both board exam and CLAT preparation together?
I always made sure that I don’t miss my school to prepare for CLAT. I prepared for my boards on time and tried harder to prepare for both the exams simultaneously. Towards the end, for boards, I did need to leave my CLAT preparations at all, which lower the burden on me.
Question- How did you prepare for English?
Reading newspapers daily helped me a lot in my preparations. I would suggest all CLAT aspirants to read the newspapers daily as it helps in improving vocabulary, grammar, reading skills, etc. In addition to reading the newspapers daily, I solved the book “Word Power Made Easy” and “30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary” that helped in scoring well.
Question- What was your strategy to prepare for the General Knowledge section?
I considered a lot of sources while preparing for the General Knowledge section which includes reading newspapers, GK Today, CLAT Express, and much more while preparing for the General Knowledge section.
Question- Can you share your strategy to prepare for the Mathematics section?
While preparing for the Mathematics section, I referred to the material offered to me by my coaching. Also, I considered numerous online materials and resources while preparing for the Mathematics section.
Question - Please share your Legal Reasoning section preparations with us?
While preparing for the legal reasoning section, I referred to the study material provided to me from my coaching institute. I practiced a lot of mock tests and take previous years’ question papers, which I must say are very important. Students preparing for CLAT can get enough exposure by referring to mock tests. I solved almost 30 mock tests when I was in class XI and around 50 in class XII.
CLAT Topper’s Tips - Harsh Tomar (CLAT 2019; AIR 2)
Harsh Tomar shares preparation strategy that helped him secure top-rank in CLAT 2019. Harsh Tomar belongs to Hoshagabad and believes to keep things simple and advises other aspirants as well to stay focused on their studies.
Question- What motivated you to make a career in law?
Since I come from a family with a legal background, I was always inspired to become a lawyer. My father is an advocate and my sister is also doing BA LLB. However, I was not pressurized to choose law as a profession, but I had a strong inclination towards law from my schooling days only. Though I opted for PCM in class XI, but I was not interested in engineering. So later, I made my mind to choose law as my profession.
Question- In addition to CLAT 2019, which other Law entrance exams did you appear for? How was your performance in those?
I gave MH CET Law 2019, SLAT 2019 and AILET 2019. In MH CET Law, I obtained an AIR 32 and in SLAT I scored 129 marks. In AILET I secured an AIR 15.
- Revision is the key to get success in everything.
- Students need to focus on their accuracy and practice solving more mock tests and previous year sample papers.
- CLAT aspirants must not feel disheartened even if they score lesser marks in their Mock Tests in the beginning days.
- Focus on revising all the concepts once you have completed your studies. The aspirants need to prepare from the right sources as it helps a lot in their preparations.
- Students can take help from their mentors and parents while preparing for the exam.
CLAT Preparation Tips By Anurag Tiwari (CLAT 2019; AIR 3)
- The LegalEdge Modules for English Section helped Anurag in clearing his basics easily.
- He also read various newspapers and novels, which helped a lot in improving the vocabulary.
- Revising modules and chapters many times is also useful, and candidates must focus on all the subjects from the starting only.
- Initial in the 6 months, of preparation, Anurag worked on subjects such as English and Logical Reasoning. The LegalEdge modules helped him a lot in improving my scores.
- He also said that he tried avoiding silly mistakes that can lower the overall score.
- Another important piece of advice from Anurag is that the candidates need to focus in their weaker sections as well.
- For GK I used sites like Gk Today affairs cloud and study IQ, apart from my coaching compendiums. My coaching compendiums were sufficient enough to prepare for static GK, legal and logical reasoning.
- For Maths, I just practiced from RS Aggarwal.
- For Critical Reasoning, I referred to RS Aggarwal and MK Pandey book.
CLAT Preparation Tips By Mouli Kausal Jain (CLAT 2019; AIR 5)
- Divide the English preparation into three sections -Vocabulary, grammar, Reading Comprehension, focus detailed attention on all the sections.
- The aspirants preparing for CLAT 2020 must restrict the preparation to the books written by the renowned authors only.
- Also, CLAT aspirants can refer to reliable and trustworthy websites while preparing.
Preparation Tips from CLAT 2018 Toppers
Aman Garg (AIR 1)
Aman Garg obtained 159 marks out of 200 and made his family proud of himself.
- Do not take CLAT exam for granted. Each year the level of the competition is increasing significantly
- Start preparing for CLAT exam as soon as possible prep as early as possible to gain an early bird advantage
- Give more mock tests as you can, as it will give you the insights of the real exam.
- Analyse your mocks and focus on your weaker sections that need improvement.
Shikhar Aggarwal (AIR 6)
Shikhar scored 148 marks out of 200 and he also shared preparation strategy for CLAT 2020, which include:
- Stay calm and focus on your preparations from the starting only.
- Take more mock tests as it will improve your scores.
- Don't get affected by listening to other preparations.
- Moreover, the candidates can refer to the important books and study materials that can help a lot in improving their scores
Preparation Tips from CLAT 2017 Toppers
Rajat Maloo (AIR 1)
Rajat scored 154.25 marks out of 200
- The candidates preparing for CLAT must be regular and punctual in their studies.
- They should be clear and follow a well-structured study plan.
- Refer to the important and most trusted books that can helped the students in getting a good score.
- Refer to the books like Static GK by Tarun Goyal, Critical Reasoning by MK Pandey, GK Today (online).
Radhika Sarda (AIR 3)
Radhika Sarda scored 148.5 marks out of 200
- Radhika suggests that students not mug up books rather understand what is written in them.
- Focus on clearing all the concepts from the syllabus of each subject, as each subject is important and you can’t skip doing that.
- Aspirants can refer to different preparation materials like Competition in Focus, etc. and can also refer to GK Today (online.
Sumit Kumar Gupta (AIR 4)
He scored 147.7 marks out of 200.
- Follow a time table and make sure that you are referring to the same throughout the preparations.
- Do more mock tests and focus on your weaknesses so that you can improve your overall speed and ability to solve the questions accurately.
- He further added that including preparation material like Current Affairs from The Hindu, focusing on Quantitative Mathematics by RS Aggarwal can help the test-takers in scoring good score like him.
Preparation Tips from CLAT 2016 Toppers
Viraj Ananth (AIR 1)
Viraj scores 174.5 marks out of 200, and shared his experience so that other aspirants can prepare accordingly for their upcoming CLAT exam:
- Spend quality time preparing for the GK section as it holds significant weightage in CLAT test.
- Take mock tests to explore your strengths and weaknesses
- Prepare a strong strategy to utilize your time, focus on improving your speed and accuracy for all sections
- Important books and prep material according to him are - Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal, GK Today (website)
Harshita Nilani (AIR 74)
Harshita Nilani is an all India rank holder and guides other aspirants in preparing for CLAT 2020.
- Students must focus on revising the current affairs of the complete year so that they can stay well-versed with the latest current affairs.
- Solve more MCQs, students can get involved in group studying as well, as it can help a lot in the preparations as well.
- She also advises the students to daily practice the mathematics section and stay motivating while preparing for the exam.
CLAT Preparation Tips from 2015 Toppers
Akash Jain (AIR 1)
Akash Jian obtained 143.75 marks and he shared some useful preparation tips that can help other exam aspirants as well to get good score:
- Take more mock tests as it will improve your speed and accuracy level.
- Take last years’ question papers
- Focus on your strengths and weaknesses as it helps a lot in preparing for the same.
- Focus on all the sections, never compromise one for another.
- Refer to renowned books like Quantitative Aptitude for mathematics, Logical Reasoning books by R S Agarwal, etc. as it will ace your preparations.
Candidates preparing for CLAT 2020 not only have to get a good score but they need to get good rank as well so that they can get admission in the top-most law colleges in India. So follow a strong preparation strategy that can help in CLAT preparations. However, don’t feel stressed out by seeing the toppers score, rather take inspiration from them to prepare the syllabus and improve your test-taking skills as well.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College