CMAT 2019 Registration, Exam Date, Syllabus, Result
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national-level entrance exam conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). CMAT 2019 is scheduled for January 20 (tentative) in online mode. All AICTE-Approved Institutions accept CMAT Score for post-graduate management courses.
CMAT is a three-hour long computer-based test that evaluates a candidate’s ability in Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness. The exam will be conducted on one day, in one session only. CMAT Registration 2019 will be held online from October- December 2018.
There is no official CMAT Cutoff that is released. However, experts generally declare an institute-wise cutoff list. As per the Expected CMAT 2019 Cut off, a score of 235-240 can get you a call from GIM, while a score of 275-280 could get a call from KJSOM.
CMAT 2019 Exam Schedule
While the official notification of CMAT 2019 is expected to come out in October, given below are the tentative dates for your reference:
|CMAT 2019 Official Notification||October 11, 2018|
|CMAT 2019 Registration Date||October 20- December 25, 2018|
|CMAT 2019 Admit Card Date||January 11, 2019|
|CMAT 2019 Exam Date||January 20, 2019|
|CMAT 2019 Result Date||February 2019|
Highlights of CMAT 2019
|CMAT Exam 2019 Highlights|
|CMAT Full Form||Common Management Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Periodicity||Once a year|
|CMAT Official Website||www.aicte-cmat.in|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type and Number of Questions||100 Objective Questions|
|Validity of CMAT Score||1 year|
|CMAT Score Accepting Colleges||Around 794|
firstname.lastname@example.org | 022-66258304
Trending Questions on CMAT
Ques. What are the Best CMAT Preparation Books?
Ans. There are many books available in markets that can lend you a helping hand. But, to gain a good percentile, you need to make a safe choice. Thus, for CMAT Preparation, go through the enlisted books which use simple yet effective language, so that all your fundamentals are cleared.
- Mission MBA guide by B.S. Sijwali and Tarun Goyal by Arihant
- MAT entrance exam with practice CD by GKP
- The Pearson MAT super course with CD by Pearson
- Study package for MAT by Arun Sharma
- 10 challengers MAT: 10 mock tests for MAT by Dharmendra Mittal
- MAT score accelerator by Disha publications
- MAT solved papers by Disha experts
- Barron’s guide for MAT by Eugene D. Jaffe
- MAT Entrance guide by Deepak Aggarwal
Ques. Why is CMAT better than CAT?
Ans. CMAT offers a higher success rate than CAT. The level of difficulty in CMAT is lower with respect to CAT. Also, more than 2 lac candidates take CAT each year, raising the competition level. Read more here
Ques. Which are the top CMAT coaching centers?
Ans. Here is the city-wise life of coaching institutes for you:
|City||CMAT Coaching Center|
|Delhi||Endeavor Careers Pvt. Ltd|
|Brilliant Academy of Learning|
|Chennai||Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt. Ltd. (T.I.M.E.)|
|Kolkata||Erudite Educational Centre|
|Ahmedabad||Expert Educare Pvt. Ltd|
Read more details on CMAT Coaching Center
Ques. What are the top colleges under CMAT?
Ans. All AICTE approved Institutes / Departments / Constituent Colleges / Affiliated Colleges of Universities are expected to accept CMAT scores. The specific notifications issued by Universities and State Governments are available at CMAT website i.e. aicte-cmat.in.
Given below are some of the top colleges accepting CMAT Score. Candidates clearing CMAT Cutoff and qualifying the pre-admission rounds will be called for the counselling process.
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi||Birla Institute of Management Technology, (BIMTECH) Greater Noida|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||Christ University, Bangalore|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra||Doon Business school, Dehradun|
|Galgotias Business School, Greater Noida||GIBS Business School, Bangalore|
|GITAM School of International Business||Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||Institute of Financial Management and Research, Changambakkam|
|Department of Management Studies, NIT Durgapur||International Institute of Business Studies (IIBS), Bangalore|
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
The basic eligibility conditions applicable to all students is given below:
- Applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The minimum age limit is 21 years.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree of 3-years duration or more, from a recognized university.
- Final year students of graduate programs are also eligible to appear for CMAT.
- Applicants must score at least 50% marks in their Graduation. However, there is a relaxation of 5% for Reserved Category students.
- For Executive Program in Management, applicants need to possess a minimum of 5-years of relevant managerial/supervisory experience and academic qualification requirement remains same.
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts.
Read detailed CMAT 2019 Eligibility
CMAT 2019 Registration
CMAT 2019 Registration will be held from October- December. The process to apply is completely online. More than 64,000 candidates are expected to apply this year. The steps to fill CMAT Application Form are given below:
- Visit the official website of CMAT.
- Create an account with a valid email address.
- Provide contact information, personal, educational and work experience, the list of programs to send scores, and the ID that you will use at the test center.
- Enter your name and date of birth exactly as indicated on the primary and secondary ID.
- The photograph must have a resemblance to the candidate and to the photograph on the primary ID. This photograph is included on the admit card.
- Pay the registration fee via debit/credit card/ e-challan as given below:
|Category||Application Fee (in INR)|
|SC/St/Physically Disabled Candidates||700|
Read complete details of CMAT Registration
CMAT Application Form Correction 2019
- In case of any change in the filled application form, a candidate can visit the official website and log-in as “Existing User”.
- You can make changes to your personal details, such as address, educational information or exam city preferences.
- For security reasons, editing of candidate’s full name, date of birth, email id, mobile no, State and Country will not be allowed.
- However, if you have genuinely made a mistake in entering your Date Of Birth, State, etc., you will have to show evidence of the correct data at the time of examination/interview/admission else your candidature will be nullified.
- The ability to edit application profile will be available only until you have not submitted the Application Form. Once you have submitted and made the exam fee payment, you will NOT be allowed to make any more changes. You may only view and print thereafter.
CMAT 2019 Admit Card
Admit card for CMAT 2019 will release in the second week ofJanuary. It is a mandatory document for appearing in the test. It contains details such as the candidate’s name, date of birth, exam centre, photograph etc. In case of any discrepancy in CMAT Admit Card, contact CMAT helpdesk (022-66258304) immediately.
How to Download CMAT Admit Card 2019?
- Go to the official website of CMAT i.e. aicte-cmat.in.
- Click on the link to download CMAT Admit Card.
- Login through your ID and Password provided at the time of registration.
- The admit card for CMAT 2019 will appear on the screen.
- Print and preserve a hard copy for further use.
CMAT 2019 Exam Centers
CMAT is conducted around several states of India. Candidates have to choose 3 CMAT Exam Centers during the registration process. The test cities will be allotted on the basis of availability of slots. Given below are the exam cities for CMAT 2019:
CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
CMAT 2019 is scheduled for January 20 (tentative) in online mode. The exam will be conducted on a single day, in a single session. A comprehensive knowledge of the paper pattern is very important to plan your preparation plan. Quick highlights of CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern are given below:
|Highlights of CMAT Exam Pattern|
|Mode of exam||Computer-Based (CBT)|
|Type of questions||Objective or MCQ|
|Number of sections||4 (Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, English and General Awareness)|
|Duration of exam||180 minutes|
|Number of questions||100; each section will have 25 questions|
|Total marks||400 marks|
|CMAT marking scheme|
+4 for each correct answer
-1 for each wrong answer
CMAT 2019 Syllabus
There is no official syllabus for CMAT. However, based on the previous year papers, the most important topics for each section (Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, Logical Reasoning and General Awareness) are given below:
|Language Skills||Language usage and their rules, Para jumble, Syntax and correct grammar, Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Idioms, Reading comprehension, Anonyms, and Synonyms|
|Quantitative Skills||Data interpretation, problem-solving, data sufficiency, arithmetic, geometry, modern mathematics, algebra and number systems|
|Logical Reasoning||Family tree, arrangement, numeric grid, coding and series|
|General Awareness||Personalities, Books and authors, History, Politics, Economics, Business, Sports, Social Developments, Entertainment, Current Affairs of National and International Economy, Personalities in News|
Download complete CMAT 2019 syllabus
CMAT Sample Papers 2019
Other than the books, practicing sample papers is also of great importance. They serve as an excellent aid in understanding the paper pattern and most frequently occurring topics. Candidates can predict the expected questions as well.
To help you measure your preparation level and carve out your strong and weak areas, you can download the section-wise CMAT Sample Papers from the below link:
CMAT 2019 Results
- AICTE is expected to release CMAT 2019 Result on February 14.
- Candidates can download their score card from aicte-cmat.in. They can use their Log-in ID and Password to access the same.
- CMAT scorecard contains information about the total and sectional scores of the candidate.
- Along with CMAT 2019 Result, the examination board also releases CMAT 2019 Merit list which includes the All India Rank of the candidates and their scores. It contains names of the candidates shortlisted for further selection rounds.
- The CMAT 2019 Results will be announced in the form of percentile. The process for computing percentile score is mentioned below-
Percentile in CMAT 2019 (P) = ((N-Candidate’s rank)/N) * 100
Where P is Percentile and N is Number of Candidates
CMAT Score Card Sample
CMAT 2019 Cut Off
CMAT 2019 Cut off will be released course-wise and category-wise for each college. All CMAT Participating Colleges will be declaring their individual cutoff based on the merit list released by AICTE. Candidates who clear CMAT cut off and fulfill other eligibility criteria will be offered admissions in various courses.
Once the candidates download their CMAT 2019 scorecard and the merit list is published, they can start applying for admission to individuals and participate in the selection procedure of that particular institute. They are eligible to attend the selection process only if their score is higher than the CMAT 2019 Cut off set by the institutes.
CMAT 2019 Selection Process
CMAT Selection Process comprises Group discussion (GD) and then Personal Interview or Written Ability Test (WAT). Each college holds its individual selection rounds. The final list of selected candidates are declared by the institutes on the basis of the scores in CMAT 2019, GD and Personal Interview or WAT. Brief about each round is given below:
- Group Discussion, the candidates are segregated into groups of 10 or so and they will be given any significant topic to discuss for 5 to 10 minutes. There are various criteria on the basis of which the candidates will receive points such as -
- Initiation Skill
- Negotiation Skills
- Managerial Skills
- Encouragement Skills
- Closure Skills
- Personal Interview is usually the final round of selection. Candidates usually have to appear before a panel of experts/faculty members who try to assess the candidate on the basis of their academic background, hobbies, interests, work experience, etc.
Read complete CMAT 2019 Selection Process
Candidates who are finally selected will proceed towards to the counselling process. Candidates have to register themselves on the official website to participate. After successful registration, they have to give their preference for college and course. Steps involved in CMAT Counselling are:
- Online registration
- Choice filling and locking
- Verification of documents
- Allocation of seats
- Reporting to college
Read more on CMAT Counselling
CMAT 2019 FAQs
Ques. How many times will CMAT be held now?
Ans. From 2016-17 onwards, the CMAT exam is being conducted only once a year. In 2019 also, it will be conducted only once, on January 20, 2019.
Ques. Can I attend the online CMAT test from any computer?
Ans. No, you will have to take the test on an assigned computer at the exam center.
Ques. I have never attended an online test before. What to do?
Ans. CMAT has made available a set of trial or mock tests on the website (www.aicte-cmat.in). This will make you familiarize with the functionality of the actual computer-based test.
Ques. How many questions will be there in each section of CMAT?
Ans. There will be 25 questions in each section of the CMAT exam.
Ques. Will I be able to move back and forth between the four sections of the CMAT exam?
Ans. Yes, this option is available while you appear for the online exam.
Ques. What will be the scoring pattern and negative marking rule in the CMAT exam?
Ans. For each correct answer, you will be awarded 4 marks. For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
Ques. What are the programmes offered through CMAT? What is the eligibility of each of those?
Ans. Following are the courses offered: You will be eligible for PGDM, MBA and similar, PGCM and Executive PGDM programmes. Eligibility criteria for admission to these programmes will be as per criteria laid down by individual University / Institution. However, the eligibility criteria for different Post Graduate Management Programme in AICTE affiliated institutions, Is as follows:
|MBA||2 years||Recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years with at least 50% marks (45% for the candidates belonging to a reserved category).|
|PGCM||1 to 2 years||Recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years.|
Ques. Can I appear for CMAT 2019 just for preparation for other management tests?
Ans. No, only eligible candidates can appear in the CMAT exam.
Ques. Is there any age limit criteria for appearing in CMAT 2019?
Ans. No, there is no age limit criteria for appearing in CMAT 2019.
Ques. What is the registration fee for CMAT 2019 and the modes of payment?
Ans. The registration fee for general and OBC category candidates is Rs. 1400 + bank charges, as applicable. For female, SC, ST and PD category candidates, it is Rs. 700 + bank charges, as applicable. You are required to pay the CMAT 2019 registration fee either by an online mode like credit card, debit card, and net banking, or through paying a bank challan at an SBI bank branch.
Ques. Wil I be able to use my coaching institute’s or a friend’s e-mail address while registering for CMAT?
Ans. No, you must have your own valid and unique e-mail address, which you will be using for at least last next eight months.
Ques. Can I pay the application fee through bank demand draft, cheque or cash?
Ans. No, CMAT 2019 registration fee cannot be paid through bank demand draft or cheque. You are required to pay it either by an online mode like credit card, debit card and net banking, or through paying a bank challan at an SBI bank branch.
Ques. How can I choose a test city?
Ans. You can select up to 3 choices of the cities at the time of online registration. Your choices in the specified order will be given due consideration and weightage. However, the actual allotment as per order of your choice will be subject to availability of the slot in that particular city.
Ques. From where can I access the list of test cities of CMAT 2019?
Ans. The list of CMAT 2019 test cities is available at the official website - www.aicte-cmat.in.
Ques. What details are provided on the CMAT 2019 admit card?
Ans. The CMAT 2019 admit card contains your photograph, name, signature, CMAT Roll number, test date, test time, reporting time at the venue, venue name, venue address and brief instructions related to the exam.
Ques. Will I receive CMAT 2019 admit card in hard copy at my home address?
Ans. No. Apart from the CMAT 2019 admit card made available online on the website, it will be sent to your registered e-mail address. Therefore, it is mandatory for you to have a valid e-mail address provided and accessible throughout the selection process.
Ques. What are the details of the CMAT Customer Care Support?
Ans. CMAT Customer Care Support is available on phone and e-mail from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM. The helpline numbers are: +91-8429996897, 9453827201 and 9453827203. The e-mail Id is: email@example.com. Queries, received by e-mail will be responded within two business days.
Ques. Can I change my preferred CMAT exam centre after submitted my form?
Ans. No. You will not be able to make any changes to the submitted form.
Ques. Will I be able to cancel my application and apply for refund of CMAT registration fee once after paying it?
Ans. The cancellation of application and refund of fee will not be allowed in any circumstance.
Ques. In case I do not appear in CMAT 2019 after registering, would I be eligible for the fee refund?
Ans. No. The refund of CMAT 2019 fee will not be allowed in any circumstance.
Ques. What is the reporting time for the CMAT 2019 exam?
Ans. You will be required to reach the allotted exam centre one hour and thirty minutes prior to the CMAT 2019 exam time. The CMAT 2019 exam will be held at 9:30 AM on January 20, 2019. You will be required to arrive at the test centre on or before 8:00 AM on the same day for security checks, identity verification and check-in.
Ques. What documents should I bring at the test centre on the CMAT 2019 exam day?
- You need to bring a self-attested copy of the CMAT 2019 admit card with recent passport size photo pasted on it, at least one original and valid (not expired) photo identification proof (to be matched with your name as entered in the CMAT application form).
- The acceptable photo identification proof can be driving license, passport, PAN card, voter Id, Aadhaar card or a notarized affidavit (in English) with photo, signature, date of birth and residential address. Photocopies of the original are not acceptable.
- Candidates will not be permitted to take the CMAT 2019 exam if photo identification is not presented. SC/ST/PD candidates are required to bring their valid category certificate in original and an attested photocopy. Attestation can be done by institute head also.
Ques. Should my name in CMAT application form match with the name appearing on the identification proof produced at the exam centre?
Ans. Yes. In case of mismatch, the exam centre authority holds the right to restrict you from appearing in the exam.
Ques. What are the permitted belongings at the CMAT 2019 exam centre?
Ans. None. You will not be permitted to bring any personal items to the test centre, including but not limited to wrist-watch, cell phone or calculators.
Ques. Will I be able to take any breaks during CMAT 2019 exam?
Ans. No, you will not be given any break during CMAT exam.
Ques. In case I complete my exam before three hours, would I be able to leave early?
Ans. No. Even if you complete the exam before the scheduled end time, you will not be allowed to leave the exam hall.
Ques. Will I be getting rough papers for calculations during the online exam?
Ans. Yes, you will be given a computer and rough papers for calculations. Rough work cannot be done on any other paper or sheet. On completion of the test, you will have to hand over all the used rough paper to the administrator.
Ques. Will my CMAT 2019 scores be shared with me on the test day itself?
Ans. No, the actual results will be declared in February 2019.
Ques. Will I be able to make changes to my postal address after submittiny CMAT application form?
Ans. No, after submitting your application form, there is no way to change your information.
Ques. Who all are eligible to take the CMAT exam under the Physically Disabled (PD) category?
Ans. As per the “Persons with Disability Act, 1995”, candidate appearing for CMAT in India qualifies to be a Physically Disabled (PD) candidate, if he/she suffers from any of the listed disabilities, to the extent of not less than 40% as certified by a medical authority - Visually Impaired, Physically Handicapped, Hearing Impairment or Dumb.
Ques. If I belong to the PD category, which all assistance devices can I bring at my CMAT exam centre?
Ans. Following are the approved assistance devices that you may select in the application form and bring to the exam centre:
- Testing Assistance Applicable for Arranged by
- Abacus (without calculator) Visually Impaired Candidate
- Hearing Aid Hearing Impairment Candidate
- Wheel Chair Locomotor Disability/ Cerebral Palsy Candidate
- Screen/Font Magnification Visually Impaired Test Centre
- Scribe/Reader Visually Impaired/Cerebral Palsy Candidate/Test Centre (on prior request)
Ques. I belong to the PD category for low vision/blindness/cerebral palsy. What special accommodation would be provided to me on the test day?
Ans. Visually impaired and cerebral palsy candidates will be allowed to bring a scribe or reader as per the scribe norms mentioned on the CMAT official website. Scribe facility can also be provided by AICTE, if you would opt for it. You will be able to interact with the scribe a day before the examination. After meeting with the identified scribe, you will be required to submit an undertaking. You will also be provided with a time extension of one hour for the computer-based test.
Ques. How much more time will be given to the visually impaired or cerebral palsy candidates in CMAT 2019?
Ans. Visually impaired or cerebral palsy candidates will be given a time extension of twenty minutes for every hour of the test. So for three hours’ test, you will get a total of extra one hour.
Ques. What is the CMAT 2019 eligibility criteria for a scribe or reader?
Ans. The scribe must:
- Not be your family member or friend.
- Is not involved in any academic tutoring or preparation for the test to be administered.
- Has not completed 19 years of age as of January 20, 2019.
- Has an academic qualification lower than that of the candidate.
*Note that the age certificate of scribe has to be presented at the test centre.
Ques. Which all universities or institutes consider CMAT scores for admissions?
Ans. All AICTE approved institutes, departments, constituent colleges and affiliated colleges of universities are expected to accept CMAT scores. The specific notifications issued by universities and state governments are available at the CMAT official website - www.aicte-cmat.in.
Ques. I have completed an undergraduate degree course in part time or distance learning mode. Am I eligible to apply for the CMAT 2019 exam?
Ans. Yes, as long as it is approved by the respective statutory bodies.
Ques. Will CMAT 2019 score be considered for admissions to a part time MBA course?
Ans. CMAT score will be considered for admissions to all the AICTE approved part-time MBA programs.
Ques. Is there any sectional cut-off in the CMAT 2019 examination?
Ans. No. There is no sectional cut-off in the CMAT 2019 exam.
Ques. For how many years is CMAT score valid?
Ans. The CMAT 2019 exam scores will be valid for the admissions to the academic year 2019-21 only.
Ques. How are candidates assessed in CMAT?
Ans. CMAT assesses the appearing candidates based on their aptitude towards the management education and rank them in the order of their merit. The objective of the test is not to eliminate the candidates from the process of seeking admission in the AICTE approved management programmes, but to facilitate the institutions for selection of suitable candidates as per their merit. The colleges, based on their individual merit list can decide if candidate of a certain rank is eligible for admission.
Ques. I have made some mistake in my details while registering for CMAT 2019. Will I be able to rectify it?
Ans. You may select the ‘Existing User Login’ on the CMAT website to make changes to your personal details, such as address, educational information or exam city preferences. For security reasons, editing of candidate’s full name, date of birth, e-mail Id, mobile number, state and country will not be allowed. However, if you have genuinely made a mistake in entering your date of birth or state, will have to show an evidence of the correct data at the time of examination/interview/admission. Else your candidature will be nullified. If you have made a mistake in filling out details for the fields which will affect the selection process (such as percentage of marks, category, gender and work experience), then you are advised to re-register with a new e-mail Id. Your CMAT 2019 application will be considered for the latest registration and admit card will be issued for the same. Note: You will not receive a refund or admit card for your earlier registration. Failure to re-register in such circumstances may lead to nullification of your candidature.
Ques. Is there any specified syllabus for the preparation of CMAT 2019?
Ans. No. The CMAT exam does not have a defined syllabus for the preparation. However, you can attempt the mock test to understand the pattern of exam and types of questions. You should also check the CMAT website regularly for the announcement of mock test.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College