CMAT application form window has been closed on March 1, 2021, at 11:59 PM (opened on February 21, 2021). CMAT Application Form correction window was reopened from March 4 – 7, 2021 up to 5 PM while the fee could be paid until 11:50 PM. CMAT 2021 Exam has been conducted on 31 March, 2021 across 245 Exam Centers throughout India. Check CMAT Exam Schedule
CMAT exam is conducted every year by NTA to provide prospective candidates with an opportunity to get admission into 1000+ AICTE Affiliated Colleges. Check CMAT Participating Colleges
CMAT Latest Updates
- April 10: CMAT 2021 Provisional Answer Key released. Check here
- April 9: CMAT 2021 Result has been announced today. Check here
- March 31: CMAT 2021 has been successfully conducted today.
- March 24: CMAT Admit Card 2021 Out. Check here
- March 1: Last Day to fill CMAT 2021 Application Form.
Candidates who successfully complete CMAT Registration can download the admit card for CMAT till exam day. In case of any queries, candidates can write to NTA at email@example.com or contact the NTA helpdesk.
Also Check: CMAT 2021 Eligibility
CMAT 2021 Registration Date
|CMAT 2021 Registration Starts||February 12, 2021|
|CMAT 2021 Registration Last Date||March 1, 2021|
|Last date for payment of CMAT 2021 Registration Fee||March 2, 2021|
|CMAT 2021 Form Correction||March 4 – 7, 2021 (up to 5 PM)|
|Release of CMAT 2021 Admit card||March 24|
|CMAT 2021 Exam Date||March 31|
Must Read News
CMAT 2021 Registration Pre-Requisites
- A valid email ID should be active for the next 6 months from the date of CMAT Registration. All the official communication will be done on this provided email id. The email needs to be registered to the candidate and not anyone else, e.g. the candidate should not use his parent’s/siblings’/spouse’s email.
- A valid mobile number for receiving official information via SMS. The candidate will receive exam updates, important registration information, and details about their personal accounts via their SMS.
- Valid Debit card/ Credit card if the mode of payment is online. If there is going to be a cash payment, candidates need to have an operational SBI bank account that they can utilize and can process transactions through. CMAT registration fees for Male and Female General is INR 2000. Reserved candidates must pay INR 1000.
Documents Required for CMAT 2021 Registration
Candidates need to keep ready a few documents and details before they proceed to fill CMAT registration form. It is mandatory to upload the requisite documents at the time of form-filling.
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Candidate’s Name||As on class 10th Marksheet|
|Father’s Name||As on class 10th Marksheet|
|Mother’s Name||In not more than 50 characters|
|Date of Birth||In DD/MM/YYYY format|
|Category||Choose whether Open/OBC/SC/ST|
|Gender||Choose whether Male/Female/Transgender|
|Religion||Choose from the list that drops down|
|Email ID||Valid email ID for future correspondence|
|Mobile number||Valid contact number for future correspondence|
|Password Recovery Question||To retrieve the forgotten password|
|10+2 or Higher Secondary exam||Details about the marks obtained, seat number, year of passing|
|Bachelor’s/ Qualifying Degree||Details about the marks obtained, year of passing, university.|
How to Fill CMAT 2021 Application Form?
There are mainly 6 steps involved to apply for CMAT:
Step 1- Self-Registration for CMAT 2021
- Candidates have to provide their necessary details to obtain a system-generated 6 digit Application Number. It will be beneficial for the applicants if they keep a note or evidence of their application number so that they don’t have any trouble logging into their accounts in the future. It is often easy to forget long passwords.
- They are also required to create a PASSWORD and choose a security question and its answer.
- After successful submission of the personal details, an application number will be generated and it will be used to complete the remaining steps of the form. For subsequent logins, the candidate will be able to log in directly with the respective system generated application number and created a password.
- Candidates also have the option to reset their passwords if they accidentally forget or misplace it. The procedure is pretty easy and only has a couple of questions. Once the security question is chosen, a verification code will be sent to the registered mobile number. By clicking on the link that is sent to the registered mobile number, candidates can reset their passwords.
How to Register for CMAT 2021?
Candidates are advised to follow the steps below to complete the Registrations for CMAT:
- Visit the official website of CMAT 2021 (cmat.nta.nic.in )
- Click on Fill Online Application Form
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ tab under the New Candidate Registration box.
- Read the Instructions and the Procedure before starting the process.
- Also, download the Information Bulletin and then select the ‘Click here to Proceed’ tab.
- Fill in all the fields viz.
- Personal details
- Contact details
- Choose Password
- Security Pin
Note: NTA does not allow candidates to edit /modify/alter data entered while filling the CMAT Application Form. Aspirants are therefore advised to practice caution while entering the details.
Note: Password must be 8 to 13 characters long, have at least one Upper case alphabet, one Lower case alphabet, one numeric value, and at least one special character.
Step 2: CMAT Application Form
- Using the system-generated application number and created password, login again.
- Select four choices for the exam city. Check CMAT 2021 Exam Cities
- Options for selecting one’s preferred exam cities are varied and diverse. Candidates have the opportunity to select various cities all across India, this is done to make sure that applicants from all parts of the country can appear for the exam. Exam Centers extend all the way from Jammu to Tamil Nadu and there are multiple centers in each state.
- NCR citizens have the option of choosing the New Delhi center as their center of choice
Step 3: Scan and Upload Images
Candidates are required to scan and upload the following:
- Enter the security pin.
- Select I have verified Uploaded images carefully.
CMAT Photograph and Signature Specification
- All your qualification details
- 3 copies of bank challan (in case of offline payment)
- A scanned copy of the photograph and signature as per the following requirement:
|Photo||140 x 160||10 kb – 200 kb||JPEG/JPG|
|Signature||60 x 90||4 kb – 30 kb||JPEG/JPG|
Step 4: Pay CMAT 2021 Application Fee
The next step after filling up the online Application Form is to remit the CMAT Registration Fee. NTA has proclaimed that the application fee will not increase for CMAT 2021. The application fee for different categories is as follows:-
|Category||Male (INR)||Female (INR)|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||1000||1000|
Modes to Pay Application Fee for CMAT
Online Payment - Candidates can select for ONLINE PAYMENT and then make their payment using SBI/ HDFC /PAYTM Credit Card/ Debit Card/Net Banking & UPI Payment Modes. Once a candidates’ payment for CMAT 2021 is successfully done. They will receive the confirmation email and SMS.
Cash Payment - Candidates can select for PAY BY CASH and make payment only at any designated branch of SBI. This option is only available to candidates living in INDIA and wishes to appear for the test in India.
- After selecting this option and a challan will be generated. Candidates will see a Challan with their details already filled. The candidate needs to take 3 printouts of this challan and fill in the details of the bank in all three copies, and go to the nearest SBI branch and make the payment by cash. A cash deposit will be accepted from the next day after the Challan generation. Bank will also charge INR 40 as a bank charge in addition to the registration fee.
- Candidates should note that they must deposit cash at least 2 days before the closing of CMAT registration as it takes 48 hours to update the payment on the registration portal. The bank will give back one copy of the challan with their stamp and journal number, candidates should also ensure that the Journal number mentioned in the challan returned by the bank is clearly visible before leaving the bank.
- After 48 hours of making the cash payment, the candidate will receive the confirmation email and SMS that the payment has been updated on the registration portal. The Candidate should also NOTE that the fee once paid either online or through cash will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Download CMAT 2021 Admit Card
Mistakes to Avoid During CMAT 2021 Registration
Candidates will have to complete all registration process online only. To complete CMAT Registration process smoothly and error-free, NTA has suggested few key points, arrangements for required documents before beginning the registration process, and avoid any kind of mistakes. All the key points suggested by NTA are mentioned below:
- No internet interruption during CMAT Registration - Candidates should ensure that their computer internet connectivity is good and no breakage/interruption occurs during the registration process.
- No mistake on Academic details - Candidate should gather all their qualification details and fill them correctly during CMAT registration.
- Provide a valid email address and mobile number - The candidate should provide a valid email address and mobile number while registering for CMAT 2021. All communication regarding the exam will be done on this email address and mobile number.
- Scanned Photo & Signature should be of the correct size - Candidates need to upload their scanned photo and signature while the registration process. Therefore, candidates should be ready with their scanned Photo and Signature took on the white background of size 140 x 160 pixel (60kB) and 60 x 90 pixel(30kB) respectively.
- Check the Validity of CREDIT/DEBIT CARD - While making online payment, candidates should ensure that they have a valid CREDIT/DEBIT CARD for a quick transaction and avoid loss of money. Candidates should ensure to take 3 hard copies of the CHALLAN in case they are planning to make payment in CASH at the bank.
CMAT 2021 Registration Statistics?
CMAT is a popular exam which attracts thousand of MBA aspirants from all over the country. Check out the registration trends for this exam to understand better:
CMAT 2020 Registration Statistics
- In 2020 64,582 candidates registered for the CMAT exam, out of which 54,526 applicants actually ended up appearing for the exam. Around 80% of the total applicant pool was comprised of general category candidates. SC/ST category candidates made up less than 10% of the total examinees. The remaining segment was made up of candidates from the OBC category.
- More male candidates from the general, SC, and OBC categories appeared for the exam than female candidates (barring the ST category). Overall, there were around 5,000 more male category candidates in the exam than female candidates.
- ST/SC applicants were the least represented in CMAT 2020, followed by OBC candidates while the majority stake was occupied by the general category candidates.
CMAT Registration FAQs
CMAT Registration 2021 FAQs
Ques. Is there any problem if I use my parent’s email id for CMAT Registration?
Ans. Candidates are advised not to use anyone’s email id during CMAT Registration, as all communication will be made through the registered id. Make sure the email id is unique and valid.
Ques. How can I retrieve my CMAT login and password?
Ans. Candidates have the option to complete CMAT Registration in multiple sessions also. However, if they fail to remember their password, they can follow the below steps to recover it:
- Visit the official site of CMAT i.e. cmat.nta.nic.in.
- Click on the “Forgot Password?” link under the Existing User Login Tab.
- Enter the Registered Email Address.
- A new password would be sent on the registered Email ID.
Ques. Can I purchase CMAT Application Form from NTA in offline mode?
Ans. No, the option to fill CMAT application form is online only. All desirous candidates can visit ntacmat.nic.in to fill the registration form.
Ques. Is it possible if I pay CMAT Registration Fee through Bank Demand Draft or Cheque? Where do I have to pay my fee?
Ans. No, the option to pay the fee through bank demand draft or cheque is not available. CMAT Registration Fee must be paid either online or by cash. To remit the fee by cash, candidates have to generate 3 copies of challan and take its printout. 24 hours after generating challan, visit any branch of State Bank of India and deposit the fee in cash.
Ques. Is there any provision to edit the CMAT Registration Form?
Ans. Candidates will not be able to modify any information after the submission of the application form. However, in case a form correction window is opened by NTA, the same will be updated here.
Ques. In case I don’t appear in the test, will my fee be refunded?
Ans. No, this is not possible. There is no provision to refund fees in case candidates do not appear for the exam at their will. In any case, if NTA cancels the exam which is unlikely to be, candidates will be notified of their application fee status.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.