Table of Contents
CMAT 2020 Registration (Extended), Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus and Sample Papers
Common Management Admission Test popularly recognized as CMAT, is a national level entrance test organized by National Testing Agency (NTA). This test is conducted with an aim to shortlist graduate candidates for admissions to MBA/ PGDM courses in over a thousand business schools. CMAT 2020 Registration Deadline has been extended till December 10, 2019. Apply Now
Latest: NTA (National Testing Agency) opened the window to remove image discrepancy in CMAT registration form on November 8, 2019 – Check Here
- CMAT 2020 will be conducted online on January 28, 2020.
- Candidates with a graduation degree in any discipline or the candidates in the final year of their graduation are eligible to apply for CMAT 2020. Check CMAT Eligibility Criteria
- The application fee of CMAT 2020 for general category boys is INR 1600 while that for girls is INR 1000.
- The exam comprises of 100 questions categorized in IV sections, to be solved in the duration of 3 hours. Check CMAT Exam Pattern
- CMAT 2020 scores will be accepted by all the institutes and universities approved by AICTE.
Download Free CMAT Practice Papers
CMAT 2020 Highlights
|CMAT 2020 Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|CMAT Periodicity||Once in a year|
|CMAT Official Website||cmat.nta.in|
|CMAT Mode of Application||Online|
|CMAT Exam Mode||Online|
|CMAT Score Validity||1 year|
|CMAT Score Accepting Colleges||1000+ colleges|
7042399521/ 7042399525/ 7042399526
CMAT 2020 Exam Dates (Official)
NTA has released the complete exam schedule on its official website. Given below are CMAT Exam Dates for your reference:
|CMAT 2020 Events||Dates|
|CMAT 2020 Registration begins on||November 1, 2019|
|Last Day to Submit CMAT 2020 Application Form||December 10, 2019 (Extended)|
|Last Day to Submit CMAT 2020 Application Fee||December 11, 2019|
|Last Day to Select Exam Cities||December 12, 2019|
|CMAT 2020 Admit Card will be Issued on||December 24, 2019|
|CMAT 2020 Exam Date||January 28, 2020|
|Announcement of CMAT 2020 Result on||February 7, 2020|
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
The eligibility criteria for appearing in CMAT 2020 is given below:
- Applicant should be a citizen of India.
- Graduates in any discipline can apply for CMAT exam.
- Final year students of graduate programs are also eligible to appear in the exam.
- There is no age limit to apply for the exam.
CMAT 2020 Registration
CMAT 2020 Registration has commenced from November 1, 2019 in online mode. More than 65,000 candidates are expected to apply this year. The steps to fill CMAT Application Form are given below:
- Visit the official website of CMAT.
- Create an account with a valid email address.
- Fill in the online application form and note down the system generated application number
- Upload scanned images of the candidate’s passport size photograph and signature
- Make payment of fee using Credit / Debit Card, Net Banking, UPI, PayTM, and keep proof of fee paid
- Print at least four printouts of confirmation page after successful remittance of fee
- Choose the city for giving CMAT 2020 examination
|Category||Male (INR)||Female (INR)|
General/ Non-creamy layer OBC
|SC/ ST/ PWD||800||700|
Specifications of Scanned Documents
Students must follow document specification guidelines specifically and must provide a clear representation of their scanned documents when they upload their registration forms to avoid any discrepancies and errors.
|Passport Size Photograph||JPG/JPEG||Between 10kb-200kb|
|Signature||JPG/JPEG||Between 4 kb-30 kb|
CMAT 2020 Admit Card
- CMAT 2020 Admit Card will be issued from December 24, 2019.
- It is a mandatory document for appearing in the test.
- It contains details such as the candidate’s name, date of birth, exam center, photograph, etc.
- Candidates can download CMAT Admit Card from cmat.nta.nic.in using enrollment ID and password.
- A copy of the admit card will also be sent to the registered email ID.
- In case of any discrepancy in CMAT Admit Card, contact CMAT helpdesk (7042399521/ 7042399525/ 7042399526 ) immediately.
Documents Required on Exam Day
It is mandatory to carry at least one original (not a photocopy/ scanned copy) and valid photo ID along with CMAT hall ticket on exam day. The following Photo IDs are accepted:
- Driver License
- PAN CArd
- Voter ID Card
- UID card or a notarized Affidavit with photo, signature, DOB and residential address (in English)
- PwD certificate (if applicable) which is authorized by a medical officer
Note: If the candidate’s name has been changed due to any event such as marriage, then a relevant document in its correspondance is required to present an official document. Any of the following documents can be presented:
- Marriage Certificate/ Divorce Decree, Legal Name Change Document
- ST / SC candidates are required to bring valid caste certificate in original and photocopy (attested)
- Physically Disabled candidates are required to bring valid Disability certification in original and photocopy (attested)
CMAT 2020 Exam Centers
- CMAT 2020 will be conducted in 84 cities across India.
- Candidates have to choose 4 CMAT Exam Centers at the time of filling in the application form.
- The test cities will be allotted based on the availability of slots.
- It is to be noted that the exam conducting authority reserves the right to change or cancel the test time/date at their own discretion.
Given below are the exam cities for CMAT 2020:
|CMAT Test Cities|
|Ahmednagar||Chandigarh/ Mohali/ Panchkula||Guwahati||Kolhapur||Navi Mumbai||Trivandrum|
|Allahabad/ Prayagraj||Chennai||Gwalior||Kolkata||Greater Noida/ Noida||Udaipur|
|Bangalore||Delhi/ New Delhi||Jaipur||Mangalore||Rajkot||Guntur|
|Tirupati||Vijayawada||Bhilai/ Durg/ Bhilai Nagar||Anand||Gandhinagar||Kadi/ Mehsana|
Note: Candidates are NOT allowed to carry Instrument / Geometry / Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, Any kind of Paper / Stationery / Textual Material (printed or written material, Eatables (loose or packed) and Water, Mobile Phone / Ear Phone / Microphone / Pager, Calculator, Camera, Tape Recorder, any metallic item or electronic gadgets etc. in the examination room / hall.
CMAT 2020 vs MAT, CAT and XAT
|No. of Papers||1||1||1||1|
|No. of Questions||100||99||200||100|
|Duration||3 hours||3 hours||150 minutes||3 hours|
|No. of Sections||3||4||5||4|
|Level of Difficulty||High||Moderate||Moderate||Moderate|
Correct Answer: +3
|Correct Answer: +1|
Correct Answer: +1
|Correct Answer: +4|
Incorrect Answer: -1
|Incorrect Answer: -0.25||Incorrect Answer: -.25||Incorrect Answer: -1|
|No. of times the exam is conducted in a year||1||1||4||1|
CMAT Exam Pattern 2020
- The exam will be conducted on a single day, in two shifts.
- The language of the exam is English only.
Comprehensive knowledge of the paper pattern is essential for the candidates to plan their preparation. Quick highlights of CMAT 2020 Exam Pattern are given below:
|Highlights of CMAT Exam Pattern|
|Mode of exam||Computer-Based (CBT)|
|Type of questions||Objective or MCQ|
|Number of sections||4 (Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, English and General Awareness)|
|Duration of exam||180 minutes|
|Number of questions||100; each section will have 25 questions|
|Total marks||400 marks|
|CMAT marking scheme|
+4 for each correct answer
-1 for each wrong answer
|CMAT 2020 Exam Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks Section-wise|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
CMAT Syllabus 2020
There is no official CMAT Syllabus. However, based on the previous year papers, the most important topics for each section (Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness) are given below:
|Language Skills||Language usage and their rules, Para jumble, Syntax and correct grammar, Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Idioms, Reading comprehension, Anonyms, and Synonyms|
|Quantitative Skills||Data interpretation, problem-solving, data sufficiency, arithmetic, geometry, modern mathematics, algebra and number systems|
|Logical Reasoning||Family tree, arrangement, numeric grid, coding and series|
|General Awareness||Personalities, Books and Authors, History, Politics, Economics, Business, Sports, Social Developments, Entertainment, Current Affairs of National and International Economy, Personalities in News|
CMAT 2020 Important Topics
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||Logical Reasoning||General Awareness||Language Comprehension|
|Number Systems||Analytical Reasoning||Current Affairs of National and International Economy||Jumbled Paragraphs|
|Fraction and Decimals||Statements and Assumptions||Personality in News||Reading Comprehension|
|Geometry and Averages||Analogy Test||Sports News||Paragraph Completion|
|Quadratic and Linear Equations||Inferences||Trade Awareness||Sentence Correction|
|Ratios and Proportion||Statements and Arguements||History||Synonyms and Antonyms|
|Percentages and In-equations||Non-Verbal Reasoning||Culture||Idioms and Phrases|
|Partnership||Cause and Effects||Politics||English Grammar|
|Time-Speed-Distance||Statements and Conclusion||Geography||English Usage Errors|
|Algebra||Blood Relationship Tests||Economics||Sentence Improvement|
|Profit and Loss||Symbol Based Problems||Sports||One-Word Substition|
- CMAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus, Important Topics, Study Material & Preparation Tips
- CMAT 2020 Logical Reasoning Section
CMAT 2020 Preparation Books
|Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||RS Agarwal|
|Accredited Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency||Anant Ashisha|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation Data Sufficiency||Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan|
|Logical Reasoning||A modern approach to logical reasoning||RS Agarwal|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT||Nishit Sinha|
|Language Comprehension||The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability||Sujit Kumar|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension?||Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Updadhyay|
|CAT Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Gautam Puri|
|General Awareness||General Knowledge||Disha Experts|
|Face to Face MAT with 19 Years (1197-2016)||BS SIjwali|
CMAT Sample Papers 2020
Other than the books, practicing sample papers will help the candidate to ace the exam. They serve as an excellent aid in understanding the paper pattern and most frequently occurring topics. Candidates can predict the expected questions as well.
Candidates can download the section-wise CMAT Sample Papers from the link given below to measure their preparation level and carve out their strong and weak areas.
CMAT 2020 Results
- NTA will release CMAT Results in February 7, 2020, at ntacmat.nic.in.
- The results will be available in the form of scores.
- Enter the issued Log-in ID and Password to access the same.
- CMAT scorecard contains information about the total and sectional scores of the candidate.
- Along with CMAT 2020 Result, the examination board also releases the CMAT 2020 Merit list which includes the All India Rank of the candidates and their scores.
- It contains names of the candidates shortlisted for further selection rounds.
- The CMAT 2020 Results will be announced in the form of a percentile.
- The process for computing percentile score is mentioned below-
CMAT 2020 Answer Keys
- After CMAT 2020, the NTA will display answer keys and responses of multiple-choice questions on the NTA’s website.
- Candidates, who are not satisfied with the answer keys and recorded responses, may challenge the answer keys.
- Applicants who wish to challenge the answer keys can do so by filling an online application form and paying a processing charge of INR 1000 per question
- Processing charge fee can be paid by credit / debit card / net banking
- Processing fee once paid, is non-refundable
- NTA’s decision on the objections made shall be final and no further communication will be entertained
CMAT 2020 Tie Breaker
If two or more candidates attain the same marks, then there is a tiebreaker criterion set in place to decide which candidate has a higher merit or rank and thus should be selected. If two or more candidates attain the same overall marks, then their sectional CMAT score will be utilised to ascertain the tiebreaker result. The tiebreaker criteria includes the following:
- Primarily the marks in the Quantiative Aptitude and Data Interpretation section will be compared. Candidate who has more marks in this section will be given preference.
- If the marks in this section are equal, then the candidate that scores more in the Logical Reasoning section will be preffered over the other candidate.
- If the marks in the Logical Reasonin section are equal, then the scores of the Language Comprehension section will be compared. Candidate with more marks in this section will be given preference.
- Lastly, if the candidates’ marks in the Language Comprehension section are also the same, then marks in the General Awareness section will be compared. Candidates with more marks in this section will be given preference.
CMAT 2020 Cutoff
CMAT 2020 Cutoff will be released course-wise and category-wise for each college. All CMAT Participating Colleges will be declaring their cutoff based on the merit list released by NTA. Candidates who will clear CMAT cut off and fulfill other eligibility criteria will be offered admissions in various management courses.
Once the candidates download their CMAT 2020 Scorecard and the merit list is published, they can start applying for admission to individual colleges and participate in the selection procedure of that particular institute. Candidates are eligible to attend the selection process only if their score is higher than the CMAT 2020 Cut off set by the institutes.
|College/University||Average Placement Package (INR in Lakhs)||Highest Placement Package|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||3-6||6|
|Christ University, Bangalore||6.85||13|
|Doon Business School, Dehradun||6||23.5|
|Galgotias Business School, Greater Noida||3.8||6|
|GIBS Business School, Bangalore||3.3||5.95|
|GITAM School of International Business||3.2||5|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||10.14||29|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||24.37||13.73|
|Institute of Financial Management and Research, Changabakkam||6-7||8.5|
|Department of Management Studies, NIT Durgapur||7||10|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai||18.91||30|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||9.87||30|
|Pune University, Department of Management Studies (PUMBA DMS)||6,2||12|
|Acharya Bangalore Business School (ABBS), Bangalore||4||7.2|
|Calcutta Business School, Kolkata||4.20||6|
|EMPI Business School||5.45||9.15|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management||4.5||15.5|
|SIES College of Management Studies||7.14||18|
|Prin L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management and Development Research||6||15|
CMAT 2019 Toppers
|Sharma Navanshu Surendra||372|
|Desai Bhargav Ashokkumar||358|
|Pawar Gaurav Gurunathi||356|
|Santoshkumar Shivbahadur Patel||353|
|Phadke Govind Vinayak||351|
|Kurien Thomas K||351|
|Sheth Prerak Vijaykumar||348|
|Chaudhary Abhishek Bhoodev Singh||348|
|Pandhe Saurabh Vilas||347|
CMAT Previous Years Toppers’ Preparation Tips
Candidates that are planning to appear in CMAT 2020 can take into consideration the preparation strategy and tips offered by individuals who have previously excelled in CMAT. Give below is a list of advice and strategies offered by previous year toppers:
Kshitij Madan (CMAT 2019, AIR – 2): A graduate in Bachelor of Engineering (BE) from Ramdev College of Engineering, Kshitij Madan aims to get into a good B-School to further his career. He started preparing for the CAT exam early on, and thus simultaenously studied for CMAT. He mentioned that to achieve the work-life balance he required to study for CMAT, he left his full time job and instead joined a start up which gave him ample time to study. In the last stretch of his studies, he left his job to focus on studying full time.
Shubhandeep Basak (CMAT 2015): A gold medalist in Electrical Engineering, Shubhandeep Basak voices his interest ranging far and wide, from singing to travelling, Basak believes that an individual should focus on all round development. He appeared for many management entrance exams such as XAT, CAT, IIFT, SNAP, NMAT and MAH CET, aside from CMAT and reported utilizing the same preparation strategy for all of them:
- After completing a certain section, he would take section-wise mock test to figure out his weakenesses
- After working sufficiently on his mistakes, he took full length mock tests
- Instead of taking mock tests to ascertain his marks, he would take them to get comfortable with the test environment
- For preparation, he used material provided by T.I.M.E institute, as well as Quantum Cat by Sarvesh Sharma, MBA Entrance Examinations by Nishit Sinha, Six Weeks to Words of Power by Wilfred Funk, and and Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis.
- For GK, he mainly kept himself updated by reading several different newspapers. Guesswork isn’t useful in this section since the applicant either knows the answer or doesn’t.
His advice to prospective CMAT aspirants is as follows:
- Don’t give a lot of mock tests for the sake of completing mock tests. Make sure that whenever you complete a test, you fully analyze it. If the applicant is completing a full mock test, it is important to maintain concetration for the entire 3 hour stretch.
- Do not completely forget to prepare for CMAT due to other management exams
- Do not create a very time sensitive timetable, there should be space for flexibility. A subject should preferably be studied for 1-2 hours and not more than that. It is okay to mix subjects up.
Saras Suhane (CMAT 2018): A 100 percentiler and a JBIMS graduate, Saras Suhane made sure that he covered all bases when preparing for CMAT.
- He brushed up regularly on topical news and kept up to date with daily news
- Prepared his GK with school level books from 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th standard
- Focused on the basics in Logical Reasoning and become thorough
Bhargav Desai (CMAT 2019, AIR-3): Bhargav gave CMAT 2019 with the aim to pursue of Master of Management Studies (MMS) from SIMSREE and specialize in Operations and Supply Chain Management.
- He attempted General Knowlege first and then followed it with Quantitative, Reasoning and at last ended with the Language Comprehension and verbal section.
- He did not end up taking coaching separately for CMAT but instead prepped for it alongside CAT
- His advice to future CMAT candidates is that they should have a basic understanding of GK that is holistic i.e. it covers different areas like History, Economics and Georgraphy.
Amitrajit Chakrabarti (CMAT 2014, AIR-6): Due to his interest in the stock market and management, Amitrajit decided to choose management as a career option.
- He reported starting with the GK section first, then the language section, and finally ending his preparation with the QT & DI section.
- Many of the topics that are present in the GK section are learned in school and thus, one should revise school level GK he says
- Since Logical Reasoning is time consuming, it is better to attempt the sections that you are most comfortable with first and not get fixated when you work on the LR section
Gaurav Dave (CMAT 2014): With a 99.97 Percentile, Gaurav was sure to be one of the toppers of CMAT 2014. The advice that he gives to prospective candidates is the following:
- He believes that a candidate needs to complete around 8-12 mock tests with a 3-4 day interval before giving the exam.
- The mocks should be taken around a month before the final exam, so it should take somewhere around 30-35 days in total to complete these mocks
- He advices his own students to start preparing anytime between July 15 to August 15 for the next CMAT exam
CMAT 2020 Preparation Books
There are many books available in markets that can lend you a helping hand in your preparation. But, to gain a good percentile, you need to make a safe choice. Thus, for CMAT Preparation, go through the enlisted books which use simple yet effective language, so that all your fundamentals are cleared.
- Mission MBA guide by B.S. Sijwali and Tarun Goyal by Arihant
- MAT entrance exam with practice CD by GKP
- The Pearson MAT super course with CD by Pearson
- Study package for MAT by Arun Sharma
- 10 challengers MAT: 10 mock tests for MAT by Dharmendra Mittal
- MAT score accelerator by Disha publications
- MAT solved papers by Disha experts
- Barron’s guide for MAT by Eugene D. Jaffe
- MAT Entrance guide by Deepak Aggarwal
Top CMAT Coaching Centers
Here is the city-wise life of coaching institutes for you:
|City||CMAT Coaching Center|
|Delhi||Endeavor Careers Pvt. Ltd|
|Brilliant Academy of Learning|
|Chennai||Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt. Ltd. (T.I.M.E.)|
|Kolkata||Erudite Educational Centre|
|Ahmedabad||Expert Educare Pvt. Ltd|
Check Other CMAT Coaching Center
Top Colleges under CMAT
All AICTE approved Institutes / Departments / Constituent Colleges / Affiliated Colleges of Universities are expected to accept CMAT scores. The specific notifications issued by Universities and State Governments are available at CMAT website, i.e. https://ntacmat.nic.in.
Given below are some of the top colleges accepting CMAT Score. Candidates clearing CMAT Cutoff and qualifying the pre-admission rounds will be called for the counselling process.
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai||SIES College of Management Studies|
|SIMSREE||Christ University, Bangalore|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||Doon Business school, Dehradun|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai|
Seat Intake for Top Colleges under CMAT
|Institute||CMAT 2020 Seat Intake|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai||18 (MMS)|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai|
|SIES College of Management Studies||120 (PGDM)|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||240 (PGDM)|
|Christ University, Bangalore||700 (MBA)|
|Doon Business school, Dehradun||240 (MBA)|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||120 (PGDM)|
CMAT 2020 Selection Process
CMAT Selection Process comprises Group discussion (GD) and then Personal Interview or Written Ability Test (WAT). Each college holds its selection rounds. The institutes declare the final list of selected candidates based on the scores in CMAT 2020, GD and Personal Interview or WAT. Brief about each round is given below:
- Group Discussion, the candidates are segregated into groups of 10 or so and they will be given an important topic to discuss for 5 to 10 minutes. There are various criteria based on which the candidates will receive points such as -
- Initiation Skill
- Negotiation Skills
- Managerial Skills
- Encouragement Skills
- Closure Skills
Topics can be diverse in nature and can be related to current affairs in the fields of politics, economics, sports, and socially active issues.
2. Writing Ability Test: The selection process in some colleges also has a WAT or a Writing Ability Test where candidates are asked to write an essay on a given topic. This is done to analyze candidate’s communication ability and analytical skills, vocabulary and grammar, awareness etc.
3. Personal Interview is usually the final round of selection. Candidates have to appear before a panel of experts/faculty members who try to assess the candidate based on their academic background and other details mentioned in their resume such as hobbies, interests, work experience, etc. The round is conducted to analyze the candidate’s personality, attitude, suitability to the institution etc.
CMAT 2019 Registration Statistics
Note: The list includes PwD Candidates
CMAT 2020 Reservation Policies
For admission to a participating institute, please see the reservations applicable in that particular institute. In case of institutes run by Central Government: the following reservation policies will be applicable:
|General – Economically Weaker Section (GEN-EWS)||10%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes- Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||27%|
Read More About CMAT 2020 Selection Process
CMAT Counselling 2020
Candidates who are finally selected will proceed towards to CMAT Counselling process. Candidates have to register themselves on the official website to participate in the counselling process. After successful registration, they have to give their preference for college and course. Steps involved in CMAT Counselling are:
- Online registration
- Choice filling and locking
- Verification of documents
- Allocation of seats
- Reporting to college
- A final merit list will be prepared after taking into consideration the candidate’s performance in Group Discussion, Personal Interview, and/or Written Ability Test rounds.
- Candidates who have been selected by the Institute for final admissions will be notified either through their call letters which may be sent to them via post or email, or a list may be declared on the website of the institute.
CMAT 2020 FAQs
Ques. What are the programs offered through CMAT? What is the eligibility of each of those?
Ans. The following are the courses offered: You will be eligible for PGDM, MBA and similar, PGCM and Executive PGDM programs. Eligibility criteria for admission to these programs will be as per criteria laid down by individual University / Institution. However, the eligibility criteria for different Post Graduate Management Programme in AICTE affiliated institutions is as follows:
|MBA||2 years||Recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years with at least 50% marks (45% for the candidates belonging to a reserved category).|
|PGCM||1 to 2 years||Recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years.|
|Executive PGDM||15 months|
Ques. Is there any age limit criteria for appearing in CMAT 2020?
Ans. No, there is no age limit criteria for appearing in CMAT 2020.
Ques. What is the registration fee for CMAT 2020 and the modes of payment?
Ans. The registration fee for CMAT 2020 is as follows:
|Category||Male (INR)||Female (INR)|
General/ Non-creamy layer OBC
|SC/ ST/ PWD||800||700|
- Any candidate can make fee payment using Credit / Debit Card, Net Banking, UPI, PayTM, and keep proof of fee paid
Ques. Will I be able to use my coaching institute’s or a friend’s e-mail address while registering for CMAT?
Ans. No, you must have your own valid and unique e-mail address, which should have been active prior to registration.
Ques. Can I pay the application fee through bank demand draft, cheque or cash?
Ans. No, CMAT 2020 registration fee cannot be paid through bank demand draft or cheque. You are required to pay it either by an online mode like a credit card, debit card, and net banking or through paying a bank challan at any SBI bank branch. You can also pay it through PayTM but for any transaction you must remember to keep proof of the transaction.
Ques. How can I choose a test city?
Ans. You can select up to 4 choices of the cities at the time of online registration. Your choices in the specified order will be given due consideration and weightage. However, the actual allotment as per the order of your choice will be subject to availability of the slot in that particular city.
Ques. What details are provided on the CMAT 2020 admit card?
Ans. The CMAT 2020 admit card contains your photograph, name, signature, CMAT Roll number, test date, test time, reporting time at the venue, venue name, venue address and brief instructions related to the exam.
Ques. Will I receive CMAT 2020 admit card in hard copy at my home address?
Ans. No. Apart from the CMAT 2020 admit card made available online on the website, it will be sent to your registered e-mail address. Therefore, it is mandatory for you to have a valid e-mail address provided and accessible throughout the selection process.
Ques. What are the details of the CMAT Customer Care Support?
Ans. CMAT Customer Care Support is available on phone and e-mail from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM. The helpline numbers are +91-8429996897, 9453827201 and 9453827203. The e-mail Id is firstname.lastname@example.org. Queries received by e-mail will be responded within two business days.
Ques. Can I change my preferred CMAT exam center after I have submitted my form?
Ans. No. You will not be able to make any changes to the submitted form.
Ques. Will I be able to cancel my application and apply for a refund of CMAT registration fee once after paying it?
Ans. The cancellation of application and refund of fee will not be allowed in any circumstance.
Ques. In case I do not appear in CMAT 2020 after registering, would I be eligible for the fee refund?
Ans. No. The refund of the CMAT 2020 fee will not be allowed in any circumstance.
Ques. What is the reporting time for the CMAT 2020 exam?
Ans. You will be required to reach the allotted exam center two hours before the CMAT 2020 exam time. The CMAT 2020 exam will be held at 9:30 AM on January 20, 2020. You will be required to arrive at the test center on or before 8:00 AM on the same day for security checks, identity verification and check-in. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall post 8:30.
Ques. What documents should I bring at the test center on the CMAT 2020 exam day?
Ans. You need to bring a self-attested copy of the CMAT 2020 to admit card with recent passport size photo pasted on it, at least one original and valid (not expired) photo identification proof (to be matched with your name as entered in the CMAT application form).
The acceptable photo identification proof can be driving license, passport, PAN card, voter Id, Aadhaar card or a notarized affidavit (in English) with photo, signature, date of birth and residential address. Photocopies of the original are not acceptable.
Candidates will not be permitted to take the CMAT 2020 exam if photo identification is not presented. SC/ST/PD candidates are required to bring their valid category certificate in original and an attested photocopy. Attestation can be done by institute head also. PwD candidates are also required to bring a copy of their documents that are approved by a medical officer.
Ques. Should my name in CMAT application form match with the name appearing on the identification proof produced at the exam center?
Ans. Yes. In case of mismatch, the exam center authority holds the right to restrict you from appearing in the exam.
Ques. What are the permitted belongings at the CMAT 2020 exam center?
Ans. None. You will not be permitted to bring any personal items to the test center, including but not limited to wrist-watch, cell phone or calculators. Candidates are NOT allowed to carry Instrument / Geometry / Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, Any kind of Paper / Stationery / Textual Material (printed or written material, Eatables (loose or packed) and Water, Mobile Phone / Ear Phone / Microphone / Pager, Calculator, Camera, Tape Recorder, any metallic item or electronic gadgets etc. in the examination room / hall.
Ques. Will I be able to take any breaks during the CMAT 2020 exam?
Ans. No, you will not be given any break during the CMAT exam.
Ques. In case I complete my exam before three hours, would I be able to leave early?
Ans. No. Even if you complete the exam before the scheduled end time, you will not be allowed to leave the exam hall.
Ques. Will I be getting rough papers for calculations during the online exam?
Ans. Yes, you will be given a computer and rough papers for calculations. Rough work cannot be done on any other paper or sheet. On completion of the test, you will have to hand over all the used rough paper to the administrator.
Ques. Will my CMAT 2020 scores be shared with me on the test day itself?
Ans. No, the actual results will be declared on February 2020.
Ques. Will I be able to make changes to my postal address after submitting the CMAT application form?
Ans. No, after submitting your application form, there is no way to change your information.
Ques. Who all are eligible to take the CMAT exam under the Physically Disabled (PD) category?
Ans. As per the “Persons with Disability Act, 1995”, candidate appearing for CMAT in India are qualified to be a Physically Disabled (PD) candidate, if he/she suffers from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40% as certified by a medical authority - Visually Impaired, Physically Handicapped, Hearing Impairment or Dumb.
Ques. If I belong to the PD category, which all assistance devices can I bring at my CMAT exam center?
Ans. Following are the approved assistance devices that you may select in the application form and bring to the exam center:
- Abacus (without a calculator) for visually impaired candidates
- Hearing Aid for candidates with hearing impairment
- Wheel Chair for candidates with Locomotor Disability/ Cerebral Palsy
- Screen/Font Magnification for the Visually Impaired
- Scribe/Reader for those that are Visually Impaired/Cerebral Palsy
Ques. I belong to the PD category for low vision/blindness/cerebral palsy. What unique accommodation would be provided to me on the test day?
Ans. Visually impaired and cerebral palsy candidates will be allowed to bring a scribe or reader as per the scribe norms mentioned on the CMAT official website. NTA can also provide scribe facility if you would opt for it. You will be able to interact with the scribe a day before the examination. After meeting with the identified scribe, you will be required to submit an undertaking. You will also be provided with a time extension of one hour for the computer-based test.
Ques. How much will more time be given to the visually impaired or cerebral palsy candidates in CMAT 2020?
Ans. Visually impaired or cerebral palsy candidates will be given a time extension of twenty minutes for every hour of the test. So for three hours’ test, you will get a total of extra one hour.
Ques. What is the CMAT 2020 eligibility criteria for a scribe or reader?
Ans. The scribe must:
- Not be your family member or friend.
- Is not involved in any academic tutoring or preparation for the test to be administered.
- Has not completed 19 years of age as of January 20, 2020.
- Has an academic qualification lower than that of the candidate.
*Note that the age certificate of the scribe has to be presented at the test center.
Ques. Which do all universities or institutes consider CMAT scores for admissions?
Ans. All AICTE approved institutes, departments, constituent colleges, and affiliated colleges of universities are expected to accept CMAT scores. The specific notifications issued by universities and state governments are available at the CMAT official website - nta.ac.in/Management exam.
Ques. I have completed an undergraduate degree course in part-time or distance learning mode. Am I eligible to apply for the CMAT 2020 exam?
Ans. Yes, as long as the respective statutory bodies approve it.
Ques. Will CMAT 2020 score be considered for admissions to a part-time MBA course?
Ans. CMAT score will be considered for admissions to all the AICTE approved part-time MBA programs.
Ques. Is there any sectional cut-off in the CMAT 2020 examination?
Ans. No. There is no sectional cut-off in the CMAT 2020 exam.
Ques. For how many years is CMAT score valid?
Ans. The CMAT 2020 exam scores will be valid for the admissions to the academic year 2020-21 only.
Ques. How are candidates assessed in CMAT?
Ans. CMAT assesses the appearing candidates based on their attitude towards the management education and ranks them in the order of their merit. The objective of the test is not to eliminate the candidates from the process of seeking admission in the AICTE approved management programs, but to facilitate the institutions for selection of suitable candidates as per their merit. The colleges, based on their merit list can decide if the candidate of a certain rank is eligible for admission.
Ques. I have made some mistakes in my details while registering for CMAT 2020. Will I be able to rectify it?
Ans. You may select the ‘Existing User Login’ on the CMAT website to make changes to your details, such as an address, educational information or exam city preferences. For security reasons, editing of candidate’s full name, date of birth, e-mail Id, mobile number, state and country will not be allowed. However, if you have genuinely made a mistake in entering your date of birth or state, will have to show any evidence of the correct data at the time of examination/interview/admission. Else your candidature will be nullified. If you have made a mistake in filling out details for the fields which will affect the selection process (such as percentage of marks, category, gender and work experience), then you are advised to re-register with a new e-mail Id. Your CMAT 2020 application will be considered for the latest registration and admit card will be issued for the same. Note: You will not receive a refund or admit card for your earlier registration. Failure to re-register in such circumstances may lead to the nullification of your candidature.
Ques. Is there any detailed syllabus for the preparation of CMAT 2020?
Ans. No. The CMAT exam does not have a defined syllabus for the preparation. However, you can attempt the mock test to understand the pattern of exam and types of questions. You should also check the CMAT website regularly for the announcement of mock test.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College