COMEDK UGET 2020 Cut Offs will be released by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering & Dental Colleges in Karnataka (COMEDK) after the announcement of results. The cut off will be released for all candidates who will appear for COMEDK UGET 2020. The list will carry names of the qualified candidates, along with the opening and closing ranks of colleges accepting COMEDK UGET Scores.
Latest Update: COMEDK UGET Result declared by the authorities on September 3, 2020. Check Here
The cut off is the minimum score required by the candidates to be eligible to seek admission in state institutes.by all the participating colleges separately. Cut off will vary for candidates as per chosen course and will be different for all categories. Check Rank From COMEDK Rank Predictor
More than 150 engineering colleges in Karnataka have joined together and have entrusted COMEDK with the responsibility of conducting UGET 2020. Check COMEDK Colleges
- The counselling process will begin in July 2020 tentatively.
- Candidates will have to register themselves for counselling which involves college selection and document verification.
- COMEDK Seat Allotment Process will be based on the cut off released by the colleges.
Factors affecting COMEDK UGET Cut Off
While determining COMEDK UGET Cut off, there are many factors that play role in deciding the minimum marks requirement. Below mentioned are some of the factors.
- Difficulty level of COMEDK UGET exam
- Previous years’ cut off trends of COMEDK UGET
- Number of candidates that have applied and appeared for the exam.
- Number of seats that are available in the offered courses through COMEDK UGET.
COMEDK UGET 2020- Qualifying Marks
COMEDK UGET Cut off rank required for admission are different for various colleges, branch, and categories. The cutoff list will contain opening rank and closing rank category-wise and branch-wise. Closing rank is the last rank after which admission is closed to the member institutions of COMEDK. The qualifying marks for COMEDK UGET is as follows:
|Other Backward Classes||40%|
COMEDK UGET 2020- Expected Cut Off for Top Colleges
Since no personal ranking is released by COMEDK, we have prepared a list of top colleges based on their cut off, study environment, and every year placement. However the ranking may vary from person to person.
Candidates are advised to go thorugh the cut offs for specific courses as the minimum marks criteria remains more or less same. The course preference for any candidate should be CSE/IT/ECE as the number of placements in these courses is the highest.
|S. No.||College||Cut Off (Rank)|
|1.||RV College of Engineering||450||918||7/8k|
|2.||Ms Ramaiah Institute of Technology||1.1k||2k||10k|
|3.||BMS College of Engineering||1k||1.5k||10k|
|4.||Bangalore Institute of Technology||2.7k||5.3k||25/30k|
|5.||Sir M.Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology||3.3k||6k||49k|
|6.||SJCE College of Engineering||2.5k||6k||45k|
|7.||Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering||4.3k||8.3k||50k|
|8.||The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore||4.5k||7k||50k|
|9.||NITTE Meenakshi Institute of Technology||11k||19k||53k|
|10.||BNM Institute of Technology||7.7k||15k||54k|
|11.||RNS Institute of Technology||5.8k||12.2k||50k|
|12.||JSS Academy Bangalore||9k||17k||54k|
|13.||CMR Institute of Technology||10k||23k||47k|
|14.||NMAM Institute of Technology||21.8k||30k||50k|
Inter-se Merit for COMEDK UGET Cut Off
In cases where two or more candidates obtain the same ranks (a situation of tie), the process of Inter-se will be followed in order to determine the COMEDK UGET ranks of such candidates. The Inter-se rank is determined by following the below mentioned steps:
- A candidate with least number of incorrect answers in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics sections will be given higher rank in case of a tie.
- If the tie still remains, the candidate with more aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics will be given preference.
- If the situation of tie still persists, candidate with more marks in Mathematics will be given preference.
- After following all the above mentioned rules the tie remains unbroken, elder candidate will be given admission.
COMEDK UGET- Previous Years’ Cut Off
|COMEDK UGET B.E. Cut Offs|
|1||COMEDK UGET 2019 – Round 2||Click Here|
|2||COMEDK UGET 2018 - Round 2||Click Here|
|3||COMEDK UGET 2017 - Round 1||Click Here|
|4||COMEDK UGET 2017 - Round 2 for General Merit Seats||Click Here|
|5||COMEDK UGET 2017 - Round 2 for Minority Seats||Click Here|
|6||COMEDK UGET 2017 - Extended Round 2||Click Here|
|COMEDK UGET B.Arch Cut Offs|
|1.||COMEDK UGET 2018 - Round 2||Click Here|
COMEDK UGET 2020 FAQs
Ques. Who decides the Cutoff for COMEDK?
Ans. COMEDK Cutoff is determined by Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka.
Ques. What is the tie breaking criteria for COMEDK UGET 2020?
Ans. In case of a tie between two or more candidates, the inter se merit list will be prepared on the following basis:
- The candidate with the least number of incorrect answers in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry will be given the rank.
- If the tie still exists, aggregate marks obtained in Physics and Mathematics in COMEDK UGET 2019, will be compared. Higher marks will be given a higher rank.
- If the tie still exists, marks obtained by candidate in Mathematics will be compared, higher marks will be given the better rank.
- The older candidate among the two will be given a higher rank in the merit list.
Ques. What are the factors that will determine the COMEDK Cutoff?
Ans. The COMEDK Cutoff is dependent on the following factors:
- Number of seats
- Number of candidates applied for the exam
- Performance of the candidate in the exam
- Difficulty level of the exam.
Ques. My rank is among the top 1000 students in COMEDK and I am from OBC background Will I get some concession in admission fee?
Ans. Fee concession will be given for OBC candidates but no concession is given to the students who have secured a top rank.
Ques. I applied for COMEDK exam for MBBS and Engineering. I want to get admission in MBBS, my NEET score was 250 and my percentile was 80.4483. I got 75% in class 12 and I am from general category. Can I get admission in MBBS/BDS in Bangalore?
Ans. This depends upon the counselling policy of NEET now. COMEDK cannot do the counselling for medical and dental colleges.
Ques. My COMEDK rank is 88346. Can I get admission in medical/dental college in COMEDK?
Ans. NEET will conduct the counselling through a centralized process. COMEDK is not responsible for conducting counselling for medical seats.
Ques. I have applied for COMEDK and also NATA. Will my performance in NATA be considered at the time of seat allotment?
Ans. Yes. If you are applying for B.Arch., your NATA score will be taken into consideration.
Ques. If I get 65 marks in COMEDK, will I get admission in a good civil college?
Ans. This depends on the Cutoff defined by the college and course apart from other things like the difficulty level of the exam, number of aspirants, etc. You can check the COMEDK Cutoff 2017 to find which college you may get with the marks secured by you in the exam.
Ques. My rank in COMEDK is 1256. In which college can I get a B.Arch. seat?
Ans. Following colleges are available for choice on the basis of your marks and last year’s Cutoff:
- KLE Technological University (BVB) Hubbali
- CRM University
- Brindavan college of architecture
- Impact school of architecture
- KS school of architecture
These are some of the best, you can check the list of colleges on our website.
Ques. My NATA score is 116 and high school percentage is 80.1%. I applied for COMEDK Architecture. My COMEDK rank is 247. I've set the top 5 colleges as preferences and yet I've not been allotted in any of the colleges I preferred (Round 1). Why?
Ans. If the seats were filled by high rankers than you may not get seat, as the seats are limited in the B.Arch course.
Ques. I want to take admission in CRM University for architecture. What is the minimum rank requirement?
Ans. The Cutoff rank for general category for CRM university was 677, so your rank must be between 500-1000 to get admission in B.Arch. program.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.