Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka has defined COMEDK UGET 2021 Eligibility Criteria, the eligibility criteria is different for students seeking admission in B.Tech and B.Arch courses. To appear for B.Tech and B.E, candidate should have cleared the second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent exam recognized by the state/central government.
COMEDK Latest Updates:
- March 22 : COMEDK 2021 application form available from March 22, 2021 till July 31, 2021
- Feb 8 : COMEDK 2021 Exams to be held on June 20,2021.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Registration process has commenced, candidates can apply until May 20, 2021. The revised application fee for COMEDK UGET is INR 1800 and UniGAUGE is INR 2800. For this session, there will be more than 300. COMEDK UGET Exam Centers.
For admission into B.Arch course, COMEDK considers NATA scores whereas it conducts a separate entrance test for admission into B.Tech. Candidates looking to get a seat in B.Tech need a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in 10+2 with math as a compulsory subject. Check COMEDK UGET Exam Pattern
COMEDK UGET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech/B.E. Courses
The eligibility standards laid down for B.Tech and B.E. programs are as follows:
- Qualifying Exam- The candidate should have cleared the second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent exam recognized by the state/central government.
- Compulsory Subjects- Physics, Mathematics, and, Chemistry along with English, should be a part of the candidate’s syllabus in the last two years. Check COMEDK UGET Syllabus
- Minimum Marks Requirement- General Merit candidates must have a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/ OBC candidates of Karnataka) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- No Lateral Entry- There is no provision for lateral entry admissions, so diploma students are not allowed to appear for the exam.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech/B.E. Programmes in Biotechnology
- Compulsory Subjects- To get admission in this course, candidate should have passed 10+2 (or equivalent examination) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as compulsory subjects and an optional subject should be there from any one of the subjects: Chemistry or Biology or Biotechnology or Computer Science or Electronics
COMEDK UGET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for B.Arch Courses
The eligibility standards laid down for B.Arch programs are as follows:
- Qualifying Exam- To appear for B.Arch candidate should have passed second PUC or 10+2 higher secondary (or equivalent) examination. Candidates with 10+3 Diploma holders are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- Compulsory Subjects- All candidates seeking admission in Architecture course need to have Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Minimum Marks Requirement- General Merit candidates must have a minimum aggregate of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/ OBC candidates of Karnataka) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Diploma degree holders need to have at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Other Entrance Tests- B.Arch. aspirants do not have to appear for COMEDK UGET 2021. However, they must have appeared for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) in 2021 or JEE Paper-2. Qualification in NATA is subject to the candidate getting at least cut-off marks in two individual components and also getting at least the qualifying marks in aggregate.
Note: Those applying for B.Arch. must submit a separate application form for counselling.
COMEDK UGET 2021- Documents Supporting Eligibility
In order to prove their fulfillment of COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria, candidates need to furnish a set of documents. Below mentioned is the list of documents required:
- Class 10th High School Certificate/Roll Number
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet or equivalent qualifying examination mark sheet
- Self-identity proof like Voter ID or Passport or Driving License or Aadhaar Card /E-Aadhaar
- Category Certificate issued by the competent authority in case of reserved seats
- Medical Certificate/PwD certificate for Persons with Disability as authorised by the Medical board of state or central government
COMEDK UGET 2021 Reservation Criteria
- COMEDK provides reservation by segregating candidates into categories.
- Candidates are classified as General Merit and Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes (On Karnataka Basis) or those belonging to Tulu /Christian minority communities and those belonging to Hyderabad-Karnataka (HK) Region.
- All of the candidates seeking reservation are required to fetch valid documents during the counselling process.
Where can a reserved category candidate get admission?
Following are the details of reserved seats available in accordance with the category and institution.
|Reservations/Minority Seats Available through COMEDK||Applicable Institutions||Who is Eligible for this seat|
|Hyderabad-Karnataka Region(HK Region)||HK region seats made available by all COMEDK institutions||HK Region Candidates having HK Region certificate.|
|Tulu Minority||Tulu Minority Seat in Tulu minority college only||Tulu Minority candidates from Karnataka with proof of Tulu Minority status issued by School Principal/Head|
|Christian Minority Seats(Karnataka and Non Karnataka Candidate)||Christian Minority Seat in Christian Minority college only||Christian Minority Karnataka & Non Karnataka Candidates with proof of Christian Minority Status issued by School Principal/Head.|
COMEDK UGET 2021 Exam Day Guidelines
Candidates will get 3 hours to complete the exam. A total number of 180 questions, that is 60 from each section, will be asked. Thus candidates are advised to follow all guidelines carefully for a hassle free examination.
- Candidates are advised to reach 60 minutes prior to the exam center.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any test material with them like log papers, study notes etc.
- Any electronic item is prohibited.
- If any candidate is found with a mobile phone, calculator, watches etc then this may lead to cancellation of their exam.
- Candidates have to carry a valid Id proof along with their COMEDK UGET Admit Card.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Eligibility FAQs
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria to apply for COMEDK 2021?
Ans. General category candidates with an aggregate of 45% and reserved category candidates with an aggregate of 40% in class 12 exams with Chemistry/Physics/Maths and English as compulsory subjects. For the fifth option, students can opt for Chemistry/Biotechnology/Electronics or Computer Science. Also, candidates need to pass individually in Maths, Chemistry and Physics subjects. Candidates who wish to apply for B.Arch need not appear for COMEDK. They have to appear for NATA 2021 and after that, they can fill the COMEDK counselling form.
Ques. What is the age limit for COMEDK 2021?
Ans. According to the official brochure of COMEDK no age limit has been specified. Candidates who fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria can apply for COMEDK UGET 2021
Ques. How many times can I attempt COMEDK UGET?
Ans. The COMEDK brochure has not specified any limit on the number of times that the exam can be taken.
Ques. I am a diploma student. Am I eligible to apply for COMEDK 2021?
Ans. No, diploma holders are not eligible to write COMEDK 2021.
Ques. I have taken a drop. Am I eligible to apply for COMEDK UGET 2021?
Ans. Yes, since there is no COMEDK UGET specified age limit, you can still apply for the exam.
Ques. I have a gap after class 10. Can I apply for COMEDK 2021?
Ans. Yes, you are still eligible to take COMEDK UGET 2021.
Ques. I failed in Class 12 and reappeared for the exam. Can I apply for COMEDK 2021?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for COMEDK 2021. Candidates who fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria can apply for COMEDK 2021.
Ques. I took Biology and have studied Physics & Chemistry. Can I apply for COMEDK 2021?
Ans. No, you are not eligible for COMEDK 2021 if you have not studied either Mathematics or English in class 12. These subjects are compulsory for appearing in COMEDK 2021.
Ques. Is there any eligibility relaxation for COMEDK 2021? Who is eligible?
Ans. Yes, candidates belonging to reserved categories have a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying examination in COMEDK 2021. For instance, general category candidates score 45% aggregate marks, while reserved category candidates should secure 40% aggregate marks.
Ques. I want to apply for B.Arch and B.E programs. Do I have to apply separately for both?
Ans. Yes, students have to fill separate forms for both. Candidates who wish to apply for B.Arch need not to appear for COMEDK. They have to appear for NATA 2021 and after that, they can fill the COMEDK counselling form.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.