CSIR UGC NET 2019: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Pattern and Syllabus
CSIR UGC-NET Exam Notification has been released on the official website from February 19, 2019. The national level exam for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship will be conducted on June 16, 2019. Last day to apply for the exam is March 18, 2019. The exam is conducted for Life science, Earth science, Mathematical science, Chemical science, and Physical science. CSIR UGC NET के बारे में हिंदी में पढ़ें
Latest: CSIR UGC NET Junior Research Fellowship Salary hiked from 25000/- to 31000/- by the Central Government.Know More
- CSIR UGC NET 2019 Application Form is available from February 25 – March 18, 2019 on the official website csirhrdg.res.in.
- Candidates must be below 28 years of age as on January 1, 2019 for Junior Research Fellowship. However, there is no above age for Lectureship. Check CSIR NET Eligibility
- The Admit card will be issued two weeks prior to the exam date to successfully registered candidates only.
- The Exam will be conducted in two sessions-morning session for Life and Earth science and evening session for Mathematical, Chemical and Physical Science. Check CSIR UGC NET Exam Pattern
- Fellowship to successful candidates shall be effective from January 1, 2020 with the validity period of 2 years for joining the fellowship under the scheme.
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Joint CSIR UGC NET|
|Conducted by||CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research)|
Start Date to Apply
|February 25, 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||March 18, 2019|
|Exam Date||June 16, 2019|
|Applicability||For Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Exam Dates
The examination will be held in two sessions; morning 09.00 AM to 12.00 noon and afternoon 02.00 PM to 05.00 PM. The important CSIR UGC NET 2019 Exam Dates are provided below:
|Official Notification Release Date||February 19, 2019||Download Official Notification here|
|Online Application Form starts from||February 25, 2019||CSIR NET Application can be filled in online mode only|
Last day to apply for CSIR UGC NET - JRF & LS
|March 18, 2019||Candidates below 28 years can apply for CSIR NET JRF|
Candidates can check their Registratoin Status from
|May 15, 2019||Best Books for CSIR UGC NET Preparation|
|Availability of CSIR UGC NET Admit Card||1st week of June 2019||Download Admit Card from csirhrdg.res.in|
|CSIR UGC NET 2019 Exam Date||June 16, 2019||Question paper is divided into three parts|
|Result Declaration||July 2019||Check CSIR UGC NET Result online at csirhrdg.res.in|
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Eligibility
Candidates must check the CSIR UGC NET Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. If found ineligible, their candidature will be cancelled with immdediate effect.
- Candidates must have a M.Sc or an equivalent degree / Integrated BS-MS / BS - 4 years / BE / B. Tech / B. Pharma / MBBS.
- For General and OBC-NCL candidates, a minimum of 55% marks and for SC / ST / physically and visually handicapped candidates, a minimum of 50% marks is required in this degree.
- Those enrolled for M.Sc or those who have completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination, are also eligible to apply.
- B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or candidates enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program can apply as well.
- Such applicants need minimum 55% marks (for general and OBC-NCL) and 50% marks for SC / ST, physically and visually handicapped candidates.
- Those with bachelor’s degree must be registered / enrolled for PhD / Integrated PhD programme to be eligible for CSIR.
- PhD degree holders, who have passed Master’s degree before September 19, 1991 with minimum 50% marks, are eligible to apply for only Lectureship.
Age Limit and Relaxation
- For Junior Research Fellowship (NET) –
- Candidates should be a maximum of 28 years of age as on 01-01-2019.
- The upper age limit can be relaxed up to 5 years for SC / ST / Physically or Visually handicapped and female candidates and 3 years for OBC- Non Creamy Layer candidates
- For Lectureship (NET) –
- There is no upper age limit.
How to Apply for CSIR UGC NET 2019?
The step by step instructions to apply online for CSIR UGC NET 2019 are explained below:
- Visit the CSIR website, csirhrdg.res.in to apply for the exam
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ at the bottom of the page.
- The Application form will appear on-screen
- Enter all requisite details in the application form.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph, signature and other documents, as mentioned on the form.
- Verify all information before final submission of the form. No changes will be allowed after final submission.
- A system generated Application Number will be assigned to you after submitting the form.
- Make the payment for Application Fee.
- Take a printout of the filled in Application Form for future reference.
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Application Fee
The application fee can be paid only through online mode via Credit/Debit Card or Netbanking and there is no transaction charges. The Application Fee varies as per the candiates’ category. :
|OBC – NCL||INR 500|
|SC / ST / PH / VH||INR 250|
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates whose applications have been successfully submitted will be issued the CSIR UGC NET Admit Card 2019 which will be uploaded on the official website in the first week of June. Follow the steps given below to download the admit card for the exam:
- Visit the official website of CSIR.
- Click on the link – “Download Admit Card”.
- Provide your roll number and date of birth.
- There may be a security code that candidates will need to enter.
- Click on the “Submit” button to log into the system
- View and download your admit card.
Details on the Admit Card
The admit card is a very important document, without which entry inside the exam hall will not be granted. Following are the details that can be found on CSIR UGC NET 2019 Admit Card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Roll number
- Candidate’s Registration number
- Candidate’s Category
- Candidate’s Date of Birth
- Exam Centre name and Centre Address
- Exam Date and Time
- Exam Session and Reporting time for candidate
- Photo of the candidate along with his signature
- General Guidelines for Exam Day
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Exam Pattern
CSIR UGC NETis scheduled to be held in two sessions. The exam will be held in offline mode. Candidates have to complete the exam in 3 hours and no extra time will be allotted under any circumstances.
Exam Pattern Highlights
|Mode of exam||Pen and Paper mode|
|Format of exam||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
Forenoon Session – 9 am to 12 pm (Life Science & Physical Science)
Afternoon Session – 2 pm to 5 pm ( Chemical Science, Earth Science & Mathematical Science)
|List of Subjects|
Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
CSIR NET Answer Key June 2019
Answer keys for joint CSIR-UGC NET Exam June, 2019 shall be available on the official website csirhrdg.res.in in the month of July, 2019.
- Candidates can download the answer key and may contact the authorities in case of any discrepancies raised.
- Candidates can submit their representation against answer key in respect of all the subjects.
- The representation(s) must be sent through email only. Any representation submitted by post or in person will not be entertained.
- The representation must have documentary/textual support.
- Any representation received after the specified time will not be accepted.
CSIR NET Result June 2019
CSIR UGC NET Result for the exam scheduled on June 16, 2019 will be released in the month of September/October 2019 as notified by CSIR. Successful candidates’ fellowship will be effective from January 1, 2020. The result will be available on the official website of CSIR. The result will be in a PDF format consisting the roll number of successful qualified candidates of JRF NET June 2019.
The steps to download CSIR UGC NET 2019 Result are explained below:
- Visit the CSIR website and click on the link pertaining to the relevant exam.
- Enter your roll number, date of birth and security code.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- View the result and take multiple printouts for future use.
CSIR UGC NET Merit List
- Two separate merit lists will be made for candidates qualifying for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF-NET) and Lectureship (LS-NET).
- The merit list will specify details such as Roll Number of the candidate, Rank obtained and Marks secured.
- The preparation of the merit list will be on the basis of performance of candidates in the entrance test.
- Candidates qualifying for JRF will also be eligible for lectureship if fulfill eligibility criteria.
- Candidates qualifying for Lectureship will be eligible to be considered for recruitment as Junior Research Fellowship if suitable. Though they will not be eligible for regular JRF-NET Fellowship.
- Candidates qualifying for JRF (NET) will receive fellowship either from CSIR or UGC as per their associated assignment.
CSIR NET Cut-Off 2019
CSIR publishes Cut Off marks on the day of result declaration. CSIR Result and cut off will release in the month of September/October 2019. Candidates can check the expected cut off based on previous years’ data in the below table.
Expected CSIR NET Cut Off for Junior Research Fellowship
Expected CSIR Net Cut Off for Lectureship
There is a minimum criteria of 33% for General and OBC category and 25% for SC/ST and PwD category for both Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship.
CSIR UGC NET OVERVIEW FAQS
Ques. Where can I see the examination notification?
Ans. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi publishes information related to the CSIR UGC NET examination on its official website csirhrdg.res.in.
Ques. After submitting the application, I realized there has been some mistake in the form, will I be able to rectify the same?
Ans. In case of any incorrect information CSIR will reject the application. Once the final submission is done, no more changes can be made to the application form.
Ques. How can I get the application form for CSIR UGC NET Examination?
Ans. Candidates can get the application form online, from the CSIR official website csirhrdg.res.in.
Ques. What payment modes are available for CSIR UGC NET Examination?
Ans. The payment for the CSIR UGC NET examination can be made online using credit card, debit card, or net banking.
Ques. Do we have to upload any documents while submitting the application form?
Ans. Yes, candidates have to upload the following documents:
- Scanned copies of the photograph and signature
- Qualifying degree certificate
- Category certificate
- PwD certificate, etc.
Ques. What should be the size of the photograph that needs to be attached in the application form?
Ans. File size of the photograph should be less than 150 KB. The scanned photograph should be in JPEG/JPG format, with its dimension ranging from 130 x 160 to 260 x 360.
Ques. Is it necessary to have an email id to submit the application form?
Ans. Yes. Candidates have to enter their email address while registering for the exam and submitting application form as all the required important examination details will be sent over email.
Ques. What preferences do I have to select while applying for the examination?
Ans. In the application form, you can give your preference either for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship), for LS (Lectureship) or for both.
Ques. What is the required educational qualification for appearing the CSIR UGC NET Exam?
Ans. Candidates having the following degrees are eligible to appear for the examination:
M.Sc, Integrated BS-MS, BS- 4 years, BE/B-Tech, B-Pharma, MBBS, or an equivalent degree. Candidates whose results are awaited can also apply in the condition that their results should be provided within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship.
Ques. I have completed my B. Sc in Biotechnology. Can I submit my registration for the exam?
Ans. No. Candidates with only B.Sc / Bachelor’s degree are not eligible. However, after completing the Bachelor's degree if you enroll for PhD or Integrated PhD program within 2 years, you will be eligible.
Ques. Is there any age limit criteria applicable for CSIR UGC NET Examination?
Ans. Yes. For JRF, maximum age limit is 28 years. It is relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ST/Persons with Disability/female applicants. For OBC applicants, it is relaxed for 3 years.
For LS (NET), there is no upper age limit.
Ques. How many examination centers are available for this exam?
Ans. This examination will be held in 26 exam centers worldwide.
Ques. How much is the application fees?
Ans. Candidates need to make payment of Rs 1000 as the application fee. For SC/ST/PwD, it is Rs 250 and for OBC, it is Rs 500.
Ques. In which languages is the question paper available?
Ans. The question paper will be available in Hindi and English.
Ques. What is the total marks for this examination?
Ans. CSIR UGC NET Examination pattern is multiple choice-based question carrying a total of 200 marks.
Ques. In which subjects is this examination held?
Ans. The test will be held under 5 subjects:
- Chemical Science
- Life Science
- Mathematical Science
- Physical Science
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
Ques. I am a PhD holder. Am I eligible to apply the CSIR UGC NET examination?
Ans. Yes. PhD degree holders who completed Master’s degree prior to September 19, 1991 with minimum 50 % marks are eligible for Lectureship only.
Ques. Can I write the answer sheet using an ink pen?
Ans. No, candidates need to use black ball point pen only to record their responses in the OMR answer sheet.
Ques. What is the question paper pattern?
Ans. The question paper is divided into 3 sections:
Part A: Common to all subjects. This part contains 20 questions of General Aptitude. Marks allocated for this part is 30.
Part B: Subject-related conventional multiple choice questions. Around 20-35 questions need to be attempted here. Marks allocated for this part is 70.
Part C: Contains higher value questions to test the candidate’s knowledge and application of scientific concepts. Questions are analytical in nature and total marks allocated here is 100.
Ques. How much stipend is provided to JRF candidates?
Ans. A JRF selected through the CSIR UGC NET is eligible to get a stipend of 25000 per month for 2 years.
Ques. How can I get the admit card for the examination?
Ans. CSIR UGC NET admit card can be downloaded from the official website csirhrdg.res.in using the application form number and date of birth.
Ques. What information is available in the admit card?
Ans. It contains all the important information such as the candidate name, roll number, registration number, candidate category, examination time and venue, and a few important instructions related to the exam.
Ques. What is the cut-off marks for the CSIR UGC NET Examination?
Ans. The council releases the cut off marks on the official website www.csirhrdg.res.in before the declaration of CSIR results. The cut offs are decided based on several parameters such as:
- Number of candidates appeared for the exam
- number of available seats for the exam
- question paper difficulty level
- marking scheme for that year
- constitutional affirmative plans
Ques. How long will it take to declare the result after the examination and how can I get notified for the same?
Ans. After the exam completion, the results will be declared in 3 months. Candidates can check the results on the official website of the council by searching for their roll number in the online PDF document, which will only contain details of the qualified candidates. The marks statement need to be downloaded from a separate link using the Roll Number, Date of Birth, and Security Code.
Ques. Does the CSIR examination authorities provide a certificate after completing CSIR UGC NET exam?
Ans. Yes, apart from getting results, candidates can also send their documents to the CSIR official address to get the certificate.
Ques. How can I get the NET certificate?
Ans. Candidates can get the NET Certificate by sending the self-attested photocopies of the following documents for verification -
- 10th Marksheet / Birth Certificate
- Provisional Degree of Graduation or Post-Graduation Degree
- Final Marksheet with Required percentage of Marks
- Caste Certificate
- Copy of CSIR NET Results
Ques. Where should the documents be sent for verification to get the NET certificate?
Ans. To get the NET Certificate, the candidates need to send attested copy of the required documents through Registered post or Speed Post to - The Section Officer, Certificate Section, HRD Group, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue Road, Pusa, New Delhi – 110012.
Ques. Who is eligible to get CSIR Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Fellowship?
Ans. This fellowship is provided to the toppers of the CSIR UGC JRF. This fellowship is provided in the memory of CSIR’s first Vice-President Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee.
Ques. Can I get the answer keys after the CSIR UGC Net examination?
Ans. To check the answer keys, candidates need to visit the CSIR official website and click on the link for the answer keys for their subject.
Ques. Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Ans. Yes, as per the subject wise scheme, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
Ques. Do the JRF candidates need to pay any income tax for their fellowship?
Ans. No, candidates do not have to pay any income tax in their fellowship tenure.
Ques. Is there any merit list released by the Council after CSIR UGC NET examination?
Ans. Yes, 2 separate merit lists will be released based on the performance of the candidates.
- For JRF qualifying candidates
- For candidates qualifying for Lectureship (NET)
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College