CSIR UGC NET 2018 Application Form, Exam dates, Pattern
CSIR will hold the UGC NET on June 17, 2018 for Junior Research Fellowship and/or Assistant Lectureship. The exam is conducted for Life science, Earth science, Mathematical science, Chemical science, and Physical science. Read CSIR UGC NET in Hindi
- CSIR UGC NET Admit Card 2018 is now available at the official website till June 17, 2018. Check Here
- Applicants must have completed/appearing in M.Sc. or any equivalent degree with at least 55% marks for General and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.
Latest Updates –
- Admit Cards are expected to be issued in the first week of June 2018.
- According to the eligibility criteria, candidates with only a Bachelor’s degree shall not be eligible for the exam.
- CSIR UGC NET 2018 Result will be announced on the official website bySeptember/October, 2018.
|CSIR UGC NET Exam Dates||Cutoff for JRF and Lecturership||CSIR Exam Pattern|
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Joint CSIR UGC NET|
|Conducted by||CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research)|
|Last Date to Apply||March 26, 2018|
|Exam Date||June 17, 2018|
|Applicability||For Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Exam Dates
The examination will be held in two sessions; morning 09.00 AM to 12.00 noon and afternoon 02.00 PM to 05.00 PM. The important CSIR UGC NET 2018 Exam Dates are provided below:
|Online Application Form starts from||March 5, 2018||CSIR UGC NET Application ends on March 26, 2018|
Last Date for Receipt of Written Request for Change of Examination Centre (Only on Merit Basis)
|April 19, 2018||-|
Tentative Date of Publication of List of Candidates Registered for Test on CSIR, HRDG Website
|May 18, 2018||-|
|Availability of CSIR UGC NET Admit Card||1st week of June 2018||Download Admit Card from csirhrdg.res.in|
|CSIR UGC NET 2018 Exam Date||June 17, 2018||Question paper is divided into three parts|
|Result Declaration||July 2018||Check CSIR UGC NET Result online at csirhrdg.res.in|
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Eligibility
Candidates must check the CSIR UGC NET Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. If found ineligible, their candidature will be cancelled with immdediate effect.
- Candidates must have a M.Sc or an equivalent degree / Integrated BS-MS / BS - 4 years / BE / B. Tech / B. Pharma / MBBS.
- For General and OBC-NCL candidates, a minimum of 55% marks and for SC / ST / physically and visually handicapped candidates, a minimum of 50% marks is required in this degree.
- Those enrolled for M.Sc or those who have completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination, are also eligible to apply.
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or candidates enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program can apply as well.
- Such applicants need minimum 55% marks (for general and OBC-NCL) and 50% marks for SC / ST, physically and visually handicapped candidates.
- Those with bachelor’s degree must be registered / enrolled for PhD / Integrated PhD programme to be eligible for CSIR.
- PhD degree holders, who have passed Master’s degree before September 19, 1991 with minimum 50% marks, are eligible to apply for only Lectureship.
Age Limit and Relaxation
- For Junior Research Fellowship (NET) –
- Candidates should be a maximum of 28 years of age as on 01-01-2018.
- The upper age limit can be relaxed up to 5 years for SC / ST / OBC-NCL / Physically or Visually handicapped and female candidates.
- For Lectureship (NET) –
- There is no upper age limit.
How to Apply for CSIR UGC NET 2018?
The step by step instructions to apply online for CSIR UGC NET 2018 are explained below:
- Visit the CSIR website to apply for the exam.
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ at the bottom of the page.
- The Application form will appear on-screen
- Enter all requisite details in the application form.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph, signature and other documents, as mentioned on the form.
- Verify all information before final submission of the form. No changes will be allowed after final submission.
- A system generated Application Number will be assigned to you after submitting the form.
- Take a printout of the filled in Application Form for future reference.
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Application Fee
The application fee can be paid only through online mode via Credit/Debit Card or Netbanking and varies as per the candiates’ category. :
|OBC – NCL||INR 500|
|SC / ST / PH / VH||INR 250|
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Admit Card
Candidates whose applications have been succrssfully submitted will be issued the CSIR UGC NET 2018 Admit Card which will be uploaded on the official website in the first week of June. Follow the steps given below to download the admit card for the exam:
- Visit the official website of CSIR.
- Click on the link – “Download Admit Card”.
- Provide your roll number and date of birth.
- There may be a security code that candidates will need to enter.
- Click on the “Submit” button to log into the system
- View and download your admit card.
Details on the Admit Card
The admit card is a very important document, without which entry inside the exam hall will not be granted. Following are the details that can be found on CSIR UGC NET 2018 Admit Card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Roll number
- Candidate’s Registration number
- Candidate’s Category
- Candidate’s Date of Birth
- Exam Centre name and Centre Address
- Exam Date and Time
- Exam Session and Reporting time for candidate
- Photo of the candidate along with his signature
- General Guidelines for Exam Day
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Exam Pattern
CSIR UGC NETis scheduled to be held on June 17, 2018 in two sessions. The exam will be held in offline mode. Candidates have to complete the exam in 3 hours and no extra time will be allotted under any circumstances.
Exam Pattern Highlights
|Mode of exam||Pen and Paper mode|
|Format of exam||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Session Timings||Forenoon Session – 9 am to 12 pm Afternoon Session – 2 pm to 5 pm|
|List of Subjects|
Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Result
The results for CSIR UGC NET are expected to be released by September/October 2018. Separate merit lists will be published for different disciplines.
The steps to download CSIR UGC NET 2018 Result are explained below:
- Visit the CSIR website and click on the link pertaining to the relevant exam.
- Enter your roll number, date of birth and security code.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- View the result and take multiple printouts for future use.
CSIR UGC NET Merit List
- There will be 2 separate merit lists for JRF NET and LS NET results.
- The merit list will specify details such as Roll Number of the candidate, Rank obtained and Marks secured.
- The preparation of the merit list will be on the basis of performance of candidates in the entrance test.
- Candidates who qualify JRF NET will be eligible for LS NET as well, provided they meet the eligibility criteria specified.
- On the other hand, those who qualify LS NET will be eligible for only JRF in a Scheme or Project.
- They will not be eligible for Regular JRF NET Fellowship.
- The results will be valid for a period of two years, within which the candidate can join the CSIR fellowship.
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Cut Off
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Cut Off markswill be declared separately for different subjects. There are numerous factors that affect the cut off score for a competitive exam like:
- Total number of appearing candidates
- Total number of available seats
- Difficulty level of the question paper.
The previous year cut off can indicate the exam trends and help you in estimating the marks scored in the exam. The expected CSIR UGC NET 2018 Cut Off data is provided below.
|SC / ST||100||90|
CSIR UGC NET OVERVIEW FAQS
Ques. Where can I see the examination notification?
Ans. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi publishes information related to the CSIR UGC NET examination on its official website csirhrdg.res.in.
Ques. After submitting the application, I realized there has been some mistake in the form, will I be able to rectify the same?
Ans. In case of any incorrect information CSIR will reject the application. Once the final submission is done, no more changes can be made to the application form.
Ques. How can I get the application form for CSIR UGC NET Examination?
Ans. Candidates can get the application form online, from the CSIR official website csirhrdg.res.in.
Ques. What payment modes are available for CSIR UGC NET Examination?
Ans. The payment for the CSIR UGC NET examination can be made online using credit card, debit card, or net banking.
Ques. Do we have to upload any documents while submitting the application form?
Ans. Yes, candidates have to upload the following documents:
- Scanned copies of the photograph and signature
- Qualifying degree certificate
- Category certificate
- PwD certificate, etc.
Ques. What should be the size of the photograph that needs to be attached in the application form?
Ans. File size of the photograph should be less than 150 KB. The scanned photograph should be in JPEG/JPG format, with its dimension ranging from 130 x 160 to 260 x 360.
Ques. Is it necessary to have an email id to submit the application form?
Ans. Yes. Candidates have to enter their email address while registering for the exam and submitting application form as all the required important examination details will be sent over email.
Ques. What preferences do I have to select while applying for the examination?
Ans. In the application form, you can give your preference either for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship), for LS (Lectureship) or for both.
Ques. What is the required educational qualification for appearing the CSIR UGC NET Exam?
Ans. Candidates having the following degrees are eligible to appear for the examination:
M.Sc, Integrated BS-MS, BS- 4 years, BE/B-Tech, B-Pharma, MBBS, or an equivalent degree. Candidates whose results are awaited can also apply in the condition that their results should be provided within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship.
Ques. I have completed my B. Sc in Biotechnology. Can I submit my registration for the exam?
Ans. No. Candidates with only B.Sc / Bachelor’s degree are not eligible. However, after completing the Bachelor's degree if you enroll for PhD or Integrated PhD program within 2 years, you will be eligible.
Ques. Is there any age limit criteria applicable for CSIR UGC NET Examination?
Ans. Yes. For JRF, maximum age limit is 28 years. It is relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ST/Persons with Disability/female applicants. For OBC applicants, it is relaxed for 3 years.
For LS (NET), there is no upper age limit.
Ques. How many examination centers are available for this exam?
Ans. This examination will be held in 26 exam centers worldwide.
Ques. How much is the application fees?
Ans. Candidates need to make payment of Rs 1000 as the application fee. For SC/ST/PwD, it is Rs 250 and for OBC, it is Rs 500.
Ques. In which languages is the question paper available?
Ans. The question paper will be available in Hindi and English.
Ques. What is the total marks for this examination?
Ans. CSIR UGC NET Examination pattern is multiple choice-based question carrying a total of 200 marks.
Ques. In which subjects is this examination held?
Ans. The test will be held under 5 subjects:
- Chemical Science
- Life Science
- Mathematical Science
- Physical Science
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
Ques. I am a PhD holder. Am I eligible to apply the CSIR UGC NET examination?
Ans. Yes. PhD degree holders who completed Master’s degree prior to September 19, 1991 with minimum 50 % marks are eligible for Lectureship only.
Ques. Can I write the answer sheet using an ink pen?
Ans. No, candidates need to use black ball point pen only to record their responses in the OMR answer sheet.
Ques. What is the question paper pattern?
Ans. The question paper is divided into 3 sections:
Part A: Common to all subjects. This part contains 20 questions of General Aptitude. Marks allocated for this part is 30.
Part B: Subject-related conventional multiple choice questions. Around 20-35 questions need to be attempted here. Marks allocated for this part is 70.
Part C: Contains higher value questions to test the candidate’s knowledge and application of scientific concepts. Questions are analytical in nature and total marks allocated here is 100.
Ques. How much stipend is provided to JRF candidates?
Ans. A JRF selected through the CSIR UGC NET is eligible to get a stipend of 25000 per month for 2 years.
Ques. How can I get the admit card for the examination?
Ans. CSIR UGC NET admit card can be downloaded from the official website csirhrdg.res.in using the application form number and date of birth.
Ques. What information is available in the admit card?
Ans. It contains all the important information such as the candidate name, roll number, registration number, candidate category, examination time and venue, and a few important instructions related to the exam.
Ques. What is the cut-off marks for the CSIR UGC NET Examination?
Ans. The council releases the cut off marks on the official website www.csirhrdg.res.in before the declaration of CSIR results. The cut offs are decided based on several parameters such as:
- Number of candidates appeared for the exam
- number of available seats for the exam
- question paper difficulty level
- marking scheme for that year
- constitutional affirmative plans
Ques. How long will it take to declare the result after the examination and how can I get notified for the same?
Ans. After the exam completion, the results will be declared in 3 months. Candidates can check the results on the official website of the council by searching for their roll number in the online PDF document, which will only contain details of the qualified candidates. The marks statement need to be downloaded from a separate link using the Roll Number, Date of Birth, and Security Code.
Ques. Does the CSIR examination authorities provide a certificate after completing CSIR UGC NET exam?
Ans. Yes, apart from getting results, candidates can also send their documents to the CSIR official address to get the certificate.
Ques. How can I get the NET certificate?
Ans. Candidates can get the NET Certificate by sending the self-attested photocopies of the following documents for verification -
- 10th Marksheet / Birth Certificate
- Provisional Degree of Graduation or Post-Graduation Degree
- Final Marksheet with Required percentage of Marks
- Caste Certificate
- Copy of CSIR NET Results
Ques. Where should the documents be sent for verification to get the NET certificate?
Ans. To get the NET Certificate, the candidates need to send attested copy of the required documents through Registered post or Speed Post to - The Section Officer, Certificate Section, HRD Group, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue Road, Pusa, New Delhi – 110012.
Ques. Who is eligible to get CSIR Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Fellowship?
Ans. This fellowship is provided to the toppers of the CSIR UGC JRF. This fellowship is provided in the memory of CSIR’s first Vice-President Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee.
Ques. Can I get the answer keys after the CSIR UGC Net examination?
Ans. To check the answer keys, candidates need to visit the CSIR official website and click on the link for the answer keys for their subject.
Ques. Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Ans. Yes, as per the subject wise scheme, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
Ques. Do the JRF candidates need to pay any income tax for their fellowship?
Ans. No, candidates do not have to pay any income tax in their fellowship tenure.
Ques. Is there any merit list released by the Council after CSIR UGC NET examination?
Ans. Yes, 2 separate merit lists will be released based on the performance of the candidates.
- For JRF qualifying candidates
- For candidates qualifying for Lectureship (NET)
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College