CTET 2019 Application Form (Available), Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
CTET (Central Teaching Eligibility Test) is a national level entrance examination which is conducted to appoint skilled teachers for Primary level and Upper Primary level. It conducted twice in a year – December and July. This year, CTET 2019 for July session is scheduled for July 7, 2019.
Latest: Interested candidates can fill the application form till March 12, 2019 (Date Extended). Apply Online
Candidates who secure more than 60% in CTET 2019 for any of the papers will receive a CTET eligibility certificate. Check CTET Eligibility
- The paper consists of 150 objective type question.
- The examination was conducted in 20 languages and had objective type questions (MCQs).
- Duration of the exam is 150 minutes.
- As per the responses from the candidates, the difficulty level of the exam was moderate. Check CTET Paper Analysis
Highlights of CTET
|Exam Name||Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)|
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Purpose||Selection of Primary and Elementary Teachers in Central Government Schools|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours 30 minutes (both papers)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Language Medium||English and Hindi|
CTET 2019 Exam Dates
As per the latest notification of CTET 2019, the schedule of exam will be as follows:
|Event||Date (July Session)|
|Online Application Form starts from||February 5, 2019|
|Last Date to fill application form||March 3, 2019|
|Application Fee can be paid upto||March 8, 2019 (Before 03.30 PM)|
|Availability of CTET Admit Card||June 2019|
|CTET 2019 Exam Date||July 7, 2019|
|Result declaration||July 2019|
|CTET 2019 Certificates’ Dispatch||July 2019|
Who Can Apply for CTET 2019?
Candidates applying for the exam are required to check CTET Eligibility before applying. Candidates who secure more than 60% in CTET 2019 for any of the papers will receive a CTET eligibility certificate.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved categories will be provided with a relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks in the Academic Eligibility of CTET.
- The minimum age to appear for CTET 2019 is 18 years.
- Detailed eligibility criteria for Primary stage and Elementary stage are different. They are as follows:
Primary Teacher (Paper I)
- Candidate must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks.
- Also, he/she must have passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education
- Applicants must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks.
- He/she must have passed or appear in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education, in accordance with NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
- Aspirants must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks.
- They must also pass or appear in final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Candidates must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks.
- Alog with it, they must have a pass certificate of 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education)*.
- Graduation degree in relevant discipline must be acquired.
- A certificate of two year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
Elementary Teacher (Paper II)
- A graduate degree in relevant discipline must be obtained.
- Also, candidate must have passed or appear in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks must be acquired.
- Aspirants must have completed 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
- Graduation with at least 45% marks must be done in relevant discipline.
- He/she must also complete a year in Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
- Candidates must pass Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks
- Also, they must have either passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Candidates must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks.
- Along with it, they must have passed or should be appearing in final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- Aspirants must have done graduation with at least 50% marks.
- Also, they should have passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education)*.
How to Fill CTET 2019 Application Form?
CTET 2019 Application Formcan filled via online mode only. The last date to apply for the exam is March 8, 2019. The online application process includes filling the form, uploading of documents, payment of fees and printing the confirmation page.
Steps to fill CTET 2019 Application Form are given below:
Step 1- Filling Application Form
- Visit the official website, www.ctet.nic.in
- Click on “Apply for CTET 2019”
- Enter personal details in the form, as mentioned in the class 10 certificate.
- Choose any 3 exam centers, preferred language and paper option
- Fill academic, communication and other required details and enter security text.
Step 2- Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Once done, upload the photograph in the prescribed format and in jpeg format.
- Upload the signature in jpeg format.
Step 3- Paying the Application Fee
- After the uploading of images, automatically redirected to the fee payment page
- Choose the payment option; whether online or through e-challan
- For online payment, select payment gateway (debit card/credit card/net banking)
- For offline payment, download the e-challan and deposit the fee in Canara Bank or Syndicate Bank.
Step 4- Print Confirmation Page
- A preview of the final page will be displayed on the screen.
- Print it for a record and future processes.
- Hard copy must not be sent to CTET office.
- Candidates can make the payment by both online and offline modes.
- Applicants can refer to the below mentioned fee according to the category they belong to.
|Only Paper 1 or Paper 2||INR 700||INR 350|
|Both Papers||INR 1200||INR 600|
CTET 2019 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
CTET 2019 Admit Card will be released as per the notification published on the website of CTET. Particulars on the admit card should match the details given on the confirmation page. Candidates are advised to check all details on the admit card for any discrepancies and report to the authority regarding any corrections.
- Visit official website of CTET i.e. www.ctet.nic.in
- Click on the tab ‘Admit Card’.
- Enter Registration Number and Password
- Click on submit after verifying the details on it
- Download and print CTET 2019 Admit Card.
CTET 2019 Admit Card is a necessary document to be brought to the exam hall along with a photo ID proof. ID proof may be any of the following:
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- Voter ID Card
CTET 2019 Exam Centers
- During the filling of application form, candidates will be asked to fill in 3 preferences for exam centers.
- CTET 2019 will provide candidates with centers possible at every major location of India. Therefore, they will have to make a choice as per their convenience.
- Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstance. Given below are 97 CTET Exam Centers that candidates can opt for:
CTET 2019 Exam Pattern
CTET Pattern consists of 2 papers- Paper 1(Primary Stage) and Paper 2(Elementary Stage) –
- Paper 1 is for candidates who intend to become a teacher for classes 1 to 5.
- Paper 2 of is for candidates who wish to teach students from classes 6 to 8.
- Every correct answer will be awarded +1 mark while negative marking scheme will not be applicable for the exam. Candidates can refer to the below table for CTET Exam Pattern highlights:
|-||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Exam Mode||Offline (pen-paper based)||Offline (pen-paper based)|
|Duration||150 Minutes||150 Minutes|
|Section||5 (Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Mathematics, Environmental Studies)||5 (Child Development and Pedagogy (compulsory), Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Mathematics and Science 60 MCQs 60 Marks (for Mathematics and Science teacher), Social Studies/Social Science)|
|No. of Question||150||150|
|Medium of exam||Hindi/English||Hindi/English|
CTET Previous Year Question Papers
The previous year question papers for CTET 2019 will help candidates to get a fair idea of the type of questions, marking, nature of the exam and difficulty level. Till 2016, CTET was conducted in offline mode, however, it is speculated that from this year onwards, the exam will see some major changes and will go online completely.
However, the basic aim of the exam will remain intact and candidates will get a hang of the exam as they solve previous year CTET Question Papers.
Books for CTET 2019 Preparation
CTET 2019 is expected to be highly competitive sighting the speculated changes and applicants waiting for CTET 2019 Notification. Here are some of the books listed to assist you in better Preparation for CTET 2019.
Important Books for Child Pedagogy and Development section
|A Complete Resource for CTET: Child Development and Pedagogy||Pearson Education||9332541302|
|Child Development & Pedagogy: Paper 1 & 2 of CTET||By Shalini Punjabi (Disha Publications)||9385576550|
|CTET & TETs Child Development & Pedagogy (Paper I & II)||Arihant Publications||9311130737|
|Child Development & Pedagogy for CTET & STET (Hindi)||Disha publications||9382961224|
Important books for Language I and Language II CTET
|Study Package for CTET||Mcgraw Hill Education||9789339218171|
|Study Guide for CTET Paper 1 – English||Disha Publication||938584640X|
|CTET & TETs English Language Paper I & II||ARIHANT||9789311121673|
Important books for Mathematics
|CTET Central Teachers Eligibility Test CBSE Syllabus Teachers from Classes VI to VIII Mathematics & Science||Sura College of Competition||8172544294|
|Class Notes of Maths||Rakesh Yadav Publication||8193209451|
|A Complete Resource for CTET: Mathematics and Pedagogy||Pearson Education||9332575150|
|CTET/STETs: Paper-II||Ramesh Publishing House||9350121662|
Important books for CTET environmental studies
|CTET & TETs Environmental Studies & Pedagogy||Arihant||9311130788|
|Environmental Studies (EVS)||WILEY||9788126561988|
|UPTET & CTET ENVIRONMENTAL Studies||Youth Competition Times||B01M613OP9|
|Teacher Eligibility Test Environmental Studies||Upkar Prakashan||9789350133378|
Best books for preparation of science CTET
|CTET & TETs for Class VI-VIII||Arihant Publications||931113080X|
|CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test ) Paper II (Mathematics & Science)||Sura College of Competition|
|CTET & TETs Paper-II for Class VI-VIII MATHS & SCIENCE||Arihant Publications||9789385873621|
|CTET Success Master Paper-II Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII Social Studies/Science 2017||Arihant publications||9311121525|
|CTET Success Master Science||Arihant Publications||9312140221|
|A Complete Resource for CTET: Science and Pedagogy||Pearson||9332575142|
Best books for social science
|CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) Paper II: Social Science Teacher Selection (For Class VI - VIII)||Access Publishing||938345461X|
|15 Practice Sets CTET Central Teacher Eligibility Test Paper II Social Studies/Science Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII||Arihant||9311121592|
|Wiley's CTET Exam Goalpost, Paper II, Social Studies / Social Science, Class VI-VIII, 2017: Solved Papers & Mock Tests with Complete Solutions||Wiley||8126565578|
|CTET Success Master Paper-II Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII Social Studies/Science 2017||Arihant||9311121525|
CTET 2019 Syllabus
CTET Paper 1 is for aspirants of Primary Stage Teachers and Paper 2 is for aspirants of Elementary Stage Teachers. Candidates can also appear for both the papers.
- Paper 1 Syllabus comprises Child Development and Pedagogy.
- Wherein it focuses on educational psychology and teaching of children aged 6-11.
- Language section will contain comprehension, language development and unseen passages.
Check Complete CTET Syllabus
- Paper 2 Syllabus comprises 5 sections viz., Child Development and Pedagogy for children aged 11-14 years.
- Language 1, Language 2, Mathematics and Science and Social Science are other four sections.
- Language 1 and Language 2 will contain questions from comprehension and language development.
How to Check CTET 2019 Result?
- CTET 2019 Result will be declared on the official website in the month of July 2019.
- Answer Key for both the papers will be released before announcement of result.
- CTET certificate is generated and sent by speed post for candidates securing more than 60% marks in the test.
- CTET Mark statement will be sent by ordinary post to other candidates.
Steps to Check CTET Result is as follows:
- Go to the official page of CTET i.e. ctet.net.in
- Search for the tab ‘CTET Result 2019’
- Click the link and enter the registration number and password (if required)
- The result will appear on the screen
- Download and print for future use.
CTET certificate is valid for 7 years from the date of result declaration for all category candidates. There is no limitation on the number of times one can apply for CTET. Candidates can re-appear for the exam to improve their scores. In case one loses their Mark Statement or Eligibility Certificate, they can get a duplicate copy by paying an amount of INR 200 in favor of Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education payable at Delhi.
CTET Cut off
Cut off is the minimum marks required to clear the exam and receive CTET Mark Statement. Candidates who score more than 60% will receive Eligibility Certificate. CTET Cut off is released after the declaration of results. The table below states the expected cut off for CTET 2019:
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College